Okay, I know this is a weird question but..

The place for anything at all...
.Moon.Strider.
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Moon Stridings, Set Tidings

Okay, I know this is a weird question but..

Post by .Moon.Strider. »

but..uhm..was anyone here's /lips/ sore before their first transformation? And did they also get sick? Sorry..strange question, really..but I just wanted to know. It happened to me the other day in school. My lips and feet felt like they were like..getting bigger every second and my head was thumping, and now I am sick. But I am a were/leopard,/ so do you think the symptoms could be different? I don't know..I sound like a freak.. I'm sorry..n *blushes* :cry: :(
Fur on Fur Fightings..
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Hmm...not sore. When I begin a phantom shift sometimes my lips and nose throb like they are trying to push out, but it isn't really painful. (I'm feline too by the way)
.Moon.Strider.
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by .Moon.Strider. »

*dances* Shweet. And thanks for the answer. And yes, what I was trying to describe was like a pushing feeling. And BTW, how did you make that smiley at the bottom of your siggy?
Fur on Fur Fightings..
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

Hrum. I've never had a phantom shift concerning a muzzle. Just mostly ears, tails, and claws have been the most common for me whenever they appear. But I have had a tingly sensation in the pit of my stomach or in my chest just before or following the phantom shift.
Boo
.Moon.Strider.
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by .Moon.Strider. »

Oh Yes. Thanks for reminding me. In my hands and feet I have been getting numb and tingly feelings lately. Any answers?
Fur on Fur Fightings..
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

Not any scientific expliantions of the sort. For that I think Vilkacis would come in handy. I've gotten the tingly sensation at the base of my nail, where I think a claw would emerge. The numbness I feel(or not depending on how you look at it) is on the pad of my finger, but that could be because I was holding onto something too hard.
Boo
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Well, I have felt slight dizzyness and alot of zen feeling after mine. I have only tried it twice and both times was great. I remeber their was a site that tells you how to phantom shift but I can't find it. That is why I only did it twice.:cry:

Oh, by the way, This is an wolf for *blushes* :oops:

:D
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

The tingling could be poor circulation. It can also happen with hyperventilation. I've had that for both reasons. If it's associated with a phantom shift, however, I'd be more likely to attribute it to a psychosomatic reaction. Since phantom shifts are just that-phantom I'm sure it han feel different for different people. If it continues you might want to ask a doctor about it, but I wouldn't be overly worried.
NightStorm
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightStorm »

First transformation.
You don't mean a P-shift? :?
Because thats bolongy. If your talking about Ph-shifting than, do stretches. before hand.
.Moon.Strider.
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by .Moon.Strider. »

It's nothing back. It's kinda tickly. Hehe. It's in the places where tha pads should be, ya know?
Fur on Fur Fightings..
.Moon.Strider.
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by .Moon.Strider. »

I don't even know what A P-Shift is.. :(
Fur on Fur Fightings..
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

Yup! =D
Boo
.Moon.Strider.
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by .Moon.Strider. »

oops. Well, I just found out what a P-Shift is..hehe.
Fur on Fur Fightings..
.Moon.Strider.
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by .Moon.Strider. »

:oops:
Fur on Fur Fightings..
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Well first, if your claiming to Physical shift, thats a no-no, phtsical shifting is real, just so far no body has at all, or atleast given good proof or good thoughts, changed species or forms that much.

Phantom shifts? Well first if this is at all a therian related discussion, this is a Mythical werewolf FAN forum, no a therian one. There are alot of forums devoted to therianthropy and you can always exchange ideas there, there is, despite the true nature of this forum, one particular thread asking if anyone here is a therian or not in the general section SOMEWHERE underneath all the other threads.
:D

Otherwise I've never felt a pain from a phantom shift, main are usually very light any. I don't 'shift' much, just have a feeling that something is missing there. Such as a hear a sound, I try to move my ears towards the noise, just nothing moves, and it confuses me sometimes.

I beleive someone was wondering what a phantom shift was; It's when an amputee continues to have an awareness of it and to experience sensations from the missing spot. These phantom limbs are also present in children born without a limb, suggesting that perception of our limbs is 'hard-wired' into our brain and that sensations from the limbs become mapped onto these brain networks as we develop.

If you like to search for information on Phantom limbs I recomend using 'amputation phantom limb shifts', as if you google Phantom shifts you actually get alot of therian websites.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Re: Okay, I know this is a weird question but..

Post by Anubis »

.Moon.Strider. wrote:but..uhm..was anyone here's /lips/ sore before their first transformation? And did they also get sick? Sorry..strange question, really..but I just wanted to know. It happened to me the other day in school. My lips and feet felt like they were like..getting bigger every second and my head was thumping, and now I am sick. But I am a were/leopard,/ so do you think the symptoms could be different? I don't know..I sound like a freak.. I'm sorry..n *blushes* :cry: :(
Moon strider dude, this werewolf pretending isn't aloud here i know i've seen a couple guys get busted for doing this. but there are places to do this like my forum (look in sig for link) it has a section where you could do this kind of thing.

back on topic before thier first shift i imagine.their could be pretransormation symptoms like acheing nausia, shadow body parts (you feel that you have a tail but if you look ,no tail) etc.
THE GAME

My Armory
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

I think strider just didn't quite communicate the question right. I don't think anyone is claiming the ability to p-shift.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

phantom shifts i get them all the time. i also get shadowparts like i feel that i have tail but i don't.

any way my phantom shifts are really light like right now i'm getting one my mouth and nose feel like thier trying to grow out to make a muzzle and my finger tips are buzzing like they want to grow claws and stuff.
THE GAME

My Armory
.Moon.Strider.
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by .Moon.Strider. »

Pariah is correct. I often mix things up. :oops:
Fur on Fur Fightings..
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

*cries* I wish I could shadow shift!
.Moon.Strider.
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by .Moon.Strider. »

Huh? You guys are getting me confused. :? Lol.
Fur on Fur Fightings..
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

its not all that speical nothing really happens. some times it can be a little annoying
THE GAME

My Armory
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Phantom shifts...get them all the time. What's really annoying is when they don't go away. I don't get muzzles often but it does feel a bit weird. I usually end up with beaks though, lots of bird pantoms here. At least I've never been a toucan.

Most people can't control phantom shifts. I don't actually know anyone who can. Also to my knowledge it's not something that can be taught.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

I feel like my face is extend and my teeth are growing often and also I feel this strange feeling in my hands, but nothing ever happens :roll:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

heh...while you guys get phantom shifts...I have the urge to toss something at someone.

Oooooooo...duckies!!! :jester2: :bounce: :duckieinmouth: :duckiemind: