Grizzly Man

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked
Mood: Meh...

Grizzly Man

Post by Akugarou »

I saw this movie today. I thought Timothy Treadwell came off as a bit of a nut. It seemed that his heart was in the right place, but his approach to wild grizzlies was misguided.

Ultimate example how wild animals should not be treated like pets (brothers, equals, what-have-you). His assumptions ended him.
:(
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

(brothers, equals, what-have-you)
I think its alright to have that view of wildlife. Agree with the pet thing though. I'd just keep a good distance from something that could gut me like a fish. :wink:

It is sad how he died. (Havent seen the movie yet, but I heard about it in the news) Its a shame. :(
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Re: Grizzly Man

Post by Terastas »

Akugarou wrote:I thought Timothy Treadwell came off as a bit of a nut.
He was a nut. And his fatal flaw, I believe, was assuming that just because the bears didn't kill him the first year, that he was indestructable to anything they could possibly do to him.

A word of caution for anyone contemplating close interaction with really big mammals: Your presence will be tolerated by default, but only so long as there is other food around and you don't do anything to piss them off (like hurling curses at an inanimate object such as a video camera). And don't ever call them "your own," because if a canine, feline or ursine feels the need to correct you, they can only do so the hard way.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Akugarou wrote: Ultimate example how wild animals should not be treated like pets (brothers, equals, what-have-you). His assumptions ended him.
:(
*Agrees*
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked

Post by Akugarou »

Terastas wrote:A word of caution for anyone contemplating close interaction with really big mammals: Your presence will be tolerated by default, but only so long as there is other food around and you don't do anything to piss them off (like hurling curses at an inanimate object such as a video camera). And don't ever call them "your own," because if a canine, feline or ursine feels the need to correct you, they can only do so the hard way.
I second that.. and third.. and forth.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Akugarou wrote:
Terastas wrote:A word of caution for anyone contemplating close interaction with really big mammals: Your presence will be tolerated by default, but only so long as there is other food around and you don't do anything to piss them off (like hurling curses at an inanimate object such as a video camera). And don't ever call them "your own," because if a canine, feline or ursine feels the need to correct you, they can only do so the hard way.
I second that.. and third.. and forth.

I 5th that, 6th, 7th, and 8th.

anyone want to continue? :D
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

9th and 10th and 11th...
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Aye matey. A bit off his rocker, that one.