Freeborn 'prequel' "Tasha's Decision" in PRODUCTION

The place for anything at all...
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Freeborn 'prequel' "Tasha's Decision" in PRODUCTION

Post by ABrownrigg »

Well.. the first of the 'prequel' shorts is in production.. meaning we're rolling on some of these things.

Freeborn has very specific characters.. Each main character will have a 'prequel' short 'before' the feature goes into production. Those of you that have read the screenplay will see this first short as how tasha went bad.

The story takes place 8 years previous to the main film. Tasha has been a wolf for six months. She has a choice to make.

These shorts are to help promote the financing of the film, as well as go ahead and start putting some of the real cast and story out there. It's drama.. its scary, and its meant to drive the plot, not to be a vehicle for special effects.. THAT we're saving for the film itself.

But lose yoruself in the story, and see where it goes.

Shot last weekend, shooting this and next weekend as well.. each 'prequel' will be roughly ten min long, and will be companion films to the main movie.

It will ALSO be used to demonstrate, and beta test the MDK. Movie development kit. This whole short will be available in the form of raw footage.. raw greenscreens.. empty backgrounds.. and ways to put yourself into the story if you like.. more details as it comes out.

We also have talked to a producer for NBC, that is now interested in using the MDK along with the film to do a national MSNBC story on the future of filmmaking.. wish us luck.

Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Re: Freeborn 'prequel' "Tasha's Decision" in PRODUCTION

Post by Scott Gardener »

It would be great if the prequels could get air time on TV. THAT would get people interested!
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Awesome. Best of luck AB.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Heh. I just thought of something: Product placement. Might get some more money for the project. Besides, there sort of needs to be a Wolf Camera place in the background of one scene. :D
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote:It would be great if the prequels could get air time on TV. THAT would get people interested!
I'm voting for this. If you could get them to air in Europe as well, that would be great. :D
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.