Where to begin..

Welcome to "The Pack" forum! Come tell us about yourself!!
Thylo
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mood: Ruthless

Where to begin..

Post by Thylo »

I guess here would be the place to start. Been a member here not too long and just never got around to posting or editing information. Figured now would be a good time as ever. Guess it's time to get the niceness out of the way.

My name is Bobby, I live in Florida and I like Werewolves. Shocker, right? But to me, wolves in general are kinda special to me. My family comes from a long heritage of Cherokee Indians so the Wolf to us is something special. One of my all time favorite stories, which is rather short and simple, yet explains pretty much everything there is to know about this crazy world is about a Cherokee grandfather and his grandson.

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.

"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

I dunno what much else to say. I like other things besides Werewolves of course...I am an avid gamer, I like to write and roleplay, art is something i've always enjoyed but never really told anybody about because i've never really been good at art myself. And that pretty much covers it. Looking forward to posting more here soon.
"There is no good or evil...there is only power, and those too weak to seek it."
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Re: Where to begin..

Post by Scott Gardener »

Welcome! Glad to have you here.

I love that Cherokee proverb. It sums up so much all at once, and it even ties in nicely to lycanthropy and the contrast between contemporary horror story notions and spiritual therianthropy. It's first and foremost a good reminder of how to live. Thank you for sharing it.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Fenris Lupa
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Fenris Lupa
Mood: Meh...

Re: Where to begin..

Post by Fenris Lupa »

Welcome!! :howl:  :oo I love that proverb as well, in fact I have a tattoo of a drawing I did to that. Showing that the good Wolf in me is overcoming the bad.
Never do anything as a Wolf you wouldn't do as a man...if you have a good heart...you'll be a good dog