Werewolf Urban Legends

The place for anything at all...

Have you personally heard any werewolf urban legends?

Yes
29%
No
64%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
7%

Total votes: 28

Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Werewolf Urban Legends

Post by Jamie »

Recently, when I posted about skinwalker sightings it made me wonder how many people here have heard werewolf urban legends, including ones that circulate primarily on the Internet as well as ones that you hear in real life. One example I was thinking of was the one that used to sit on the front page of werewolf.com, about a college student moving out after he discovered his roommate was a werewolf.
If you've heard one, please summarize it in a post. If you've heard more than one, please summarize at least the most exciting one. It would also be nice if you said where you heard it, whether you've heard it from more than one source, if you've heard more than one version of the same tale, and how old you were when you heard it.
Here's one that I heard when I was about 11:
Kids said that a boy in my grade was a werewolf. Why? Because he fed stray dogs, and rumor had it that there was a female dog he'd had sex with. As far as I could find out, these were the only reasons for thinking that he was a werewolf. Nobody had seen him have sex with a dog, they just thought it was suspicious that he liked dogs so much, in a town where boys normally beat up stray animals for fun.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

The only this I heard was the beast of Bray road.
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Havn't heard any in real life. No one around here talks about werewolves.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Meh nothing here Unfortunatelly........ :roll:
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Yeah I haven't heard anything in real life either. But then again, I haven't heard anything about vampires, unicorns, dragons, griffins, phoenixes, etc.

The only mythical thing I've heard about in real life is ghosts. And for all I know, they could be real.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I've come across alot of things. But as I'm practically a hermit at the moment I've never heard firsthand any stories about werewolves.
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Reilune wrote:I've come across alot of things. But as I'm practically a hermit at the moment I've never heard firsthand any stories about werewolves.
Secondhand, thirdhand or FOF (friend of a friend) tales count too. In fact, that is practically the definition of a classic urban legend. I know that a bunch of these things circulate on the Internet (in addition to self-proclaimed tales, which don't really count) because I've seen some of them more than once, in various forms.
-Jamie Hall
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

sorry, here is pretty werewolf vacant :( (but hope i can become one to change all that, a guy can dream :) )
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

if you go to the underworld movies website then you can see a map of werewolf sightings aswell as vampires.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Uugh... Even in my small little country! :? Why haven't I heard of that?
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Shadow Wulf wrote:if you go to the underworld movies website then you can see a map of werewolf sightings aswell as vampires.
Hmmm... I went to http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/underworldevolution/ but I could not find that because the site wouldn't work properly for me (couldn't get beyond the flash installation). If possible, could you provide a direct link? I'm wondering whether this map is based on actual sighting from urban legends and folklore, or whether it is just fake sightings based on the world of the movies.
-Jamie Hall
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Try this Jamie: http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/unde ... /main.html

Then click 'Lycans', wait a few seconds, and then click on sightings right/below in your screen.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Thats how we handle wrong politicians here. 8)
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

thanks for the more direct link!
After a quick look, I decided that it looks made-up. It is possible that a few people have entered genuine urban legends here and there, but I don't expect it from what I've seen, and there is such a mass of material to wade through that I don't feel like reading all the reports.
Cute, though.
-Jamie Hall
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

he he he :lol: :P :howl:  :oo

oooK well it's not from around here but I can find some German ledgends for ya.
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

Some of them are real, like the one about Peter Stubb. I'm sure there's a lot of made up ones though. It's been awhile since I've been to that site :roll:
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

what about the oneat the army base?
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

yup, plenty are made up just for the fun of it, but atleast it shows you how many werewolf fans are there compare to vampires :D and alteast the timeline are real.

EDIT: 2006!!! year of the werewolf hwlwnk
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

?? Why is it that there are stories labeled werewolf and they complain about vampires and vice-versa?
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I havent really heard anything other than old legends and The Beast of Bray Road.

Though WW sightings were talked about some in this weird book called, 'Three Men Searching for Monsters', something like that. I didnt read the whole thing, it was kindof creepy. The men talked to some witch in England where she said something like WWs, vampires, dragons, ect didnt exsist on the physical plane and they only appered to cause fear in humans to feed off their emotions. UFOs appear to do the same thing...really messed up stuff :P
The stories people had in their usally had the werewolf smelling really bad. They would smell them first. I forget the details :|
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

I found this a while ago. It kind of wowed me. If you've seen dear you can figure how big it really is. That thing is ginormous. My first dog, Tracy was a mix like that, but not as big. Strange hu?
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/coyote.asp

Also I found this, which actually goes into the "Werewolves are real thread, but I couldn't find it. Here's the picture to that...I found it kind of funny.
http://www.wayodd.com/funny-pictures2/f ... lf-WDX.jpg[/img]

There's nothing in NY or CT. I'm around both neighborhood and I read the paper for both. I just find the weirdest things on the web.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

I heard something about a werewolf in St. Andrews, N.B., but can't be sure
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Out here in the Los Angeles area, I have heard repeated claims of Were's being sighted in Griffith Park (A Huge Park).
It's a Park that is completely surrounded by some City or other; L.A., Burbank, Glendale... and has residential areas connecting directly with the park, so it would fit the Accessability requirement. It's closed after 10:00 at night, as in you just can't go in; the roads are blocked. That fits the Security requirement. There are lots of trees that give Top-cover, even the HeliCOPters can't see the ground in a lot of areas.
Not surprisingly, several "sightings" were from the Air of a Bi-Pedal, Fur covered, creature that, when facing the lights of the 'Copter, looked like a large Dog standing upright, shading its eyes from the light. (It helps to know a few L.A.Cops) With an area population of nearly two million people...
Of Course, they don't exist, even if they do... :wink:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

RedEye wrote:Out here in the Los Angeles area, I have heard repeated claims of Were's being sighted in Griffith Park (A Huge Park).
It's a Park that is completely surrounded by some City or other; L.A., Burbank, Glendale... and has residential areas connecting directly with the park, so it would fit the Accessability requirement. It's closed after 10:00 at night, as in you just can't go in; the roads are blocked. That fits the Security requirement. There are lots of trees that give Top-cover, even the HeliCOPters can't see the ground in a lot of areas.
Not surprisingly, several "sightings" were from the Air of a Bi-Pedal, Fur covered, creature that, when facing the lights of the 'Copter, looked like a large Dog standing upright, shading its eyes from the light. (It helps to know a few L.A.Cops) With an area population of nearly two million people...
Of Course, they don't exist, even if they do... :wink:
Is this by any chance the Van Nuys werewolf? The one that has also been nicknamed "the homeless guy" by students at Cal State Northridge?
-Jamie Hall
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Keep in mind, one of the areas directly bordering Griffith Park is the strangely named Universal City (which is actually an unincorporated plot of land between sections owned by Los Angeles and Burbank). Universal City is home to Universal Studios, so who knows.

In World of Darkness, there's a hive of werewolves living under Griffith Park, amusingly enough.

I don't know about werewolf urban legends, but I have a friend who tells a really scary story about a "ghost wolf" (his words). The story goes that sometime around 1993 he and some friends (they didn't invite me, obviously), went to hang out at a supposedly haunted house on a promentory overlooking the town of Mammoth Lakes, CA. Only, they got lost somehow. This is the really weird part: There's only one road that branches off from the road in question, and it goes about 300 yards and dead ends. They were NOT on that road, nor were they on Old Mammoth Road anymore. They had somehow found their way onto some OTHER road that nobody (including myself) has ever been able to locate since. They're getting more and more disoriented and decide to turn the car around and go back. At that point the car dies for no apparent reason. My friend swears up and down that as the headlights cut out, he saw a huge "glowing wolf" (again his exact words) approaching his side of the car. Just as the wolf is about to reach the car, the driver gets the engine started and they tear off back toward town.