Real Werewolves, are they out there.

The place to talk about where a lot of things started. Stories and history, references, etc.

Do you think werewolves exist?

Yes
56%
No
26%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
18%

Total votes: 312

Kanibal
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kanibal »

It could be that people are voting for what they want not what they think. . . . Thinking back, that may be what I did, I don't think they exist, but I'm desperate for someone to prove me wrong, for once.
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Kanibal... good point. I had to regretfully vote "no" for this poll, but if someone asked something like "Would it be a better world if werewolves existed", I'd unhesitatingly vote "yes".

reads Kanibal's signature... hey, I thought it was only old fogeys like me that had Live Journals... all the kids seem to have My Spaces and the talented ones have Deviant Arts these days.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

What in Hades made you think that? Silly old guy. Even I have one.

I can't remember what I voted for on this poll. I've seen many strange things, and know that a lot of what people deem to be impossible isn't as out there as they think. With that said, I think werewolves are highly unlikely, but I'm not willing to dismiss the possibility entirely just yet. I'd like them to be real. Physical shapeshifters would be pushing the limits of what's possible in this world. I do think they can exist under the rules of this particular universe, but I also think the universe is changing. Slowly, but it is changing...
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Wulfur »

I had voted Undecided cause nothing has really proven that they don't exist anymore than anything has proven that they do exist. So until something major or seen with my own eyes is some how able to make me know for a fact what the truth is. I will just wait and hope for the truth that I want.
One only knows that of which they allow themselves to know.
( http://wulfur.deviantart.com/ )
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Post by wolf4life »

I vote yes because everything can exist. Nothing is impossible and also I DONT LIKE SCIENCE! ITS A LOAD OF BALONEY ON ALOT OF ITS THEORIES! They say that werewolves can and will never exist because of the impossible way of people changing their bodies to wolves.

Well that doesnt seem true at all. If we infact had a surgery where they mixed our molecules, changed muscle tissues, etc. They could fix us to a wolf form. Sure....its not like they would ever want to or could right now. But who knows in the next hundred years.

:shift: rvt
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

Science has many great aspects. In fact, through the product of science you're viewing this post :lol: . It is true that it can not accept anything without proof, but through that method it has been able to dispel many superstitions that range from innocuous to homicidal. You can't say science is without merit, though of course it has its flaws.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

Kelpten wrote:Science has many great aspects. In fact, through the product of science you're viewing this post :lol: . It is true that it can not accept anything without proof, but through that method it has been able to dispel many superstitions that range from innocuous to homicidal. You can't say science is without merit, though of course it has its flaws.

Im not saying that science isnt good for anything....I just dont really like science. It confines you to using your mind and not your imagination or religion i guess.... :howl:  :oo
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Wolf4life, I would suggest getting someone to resize your avatar. It's a little... Enormous.
wolf4life wrote:I DONT LIKE SCIENCE! ITS A LOAD OF BALONEY ON ALOT OF ITS THEORIES!
As a science supporter, I feel I should point out that theories aren't proven, there's just evidence to suggest it's correctness, so it's certainly possible to say that the theories could quite possibly be baloney, there's just no concrete proof either way, just convincing enough evidence one way.

And I don't really follow your logic on why werewolves exist... Could you elaborate?
Last edited by ravaged_warrior on Thu May 17, 2007 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

ravaged_warrior wrote:Wolf4life, I would suggest getting someone to resize your signature. It's a little... Enormous.
wolf4life wrote:I DONT LIKE SCIENCE! ITS A LOAD OF BALONEY ON ALOT OF ITS THEORIES!
As a science supporter, I feel I should point out that theories aren't proven, there's just evidence to suggest it's correctness, so it's certainly possible to say that the theories could quite possibly be baloney, there's just no concrete proof either way, just convincing enough evidence one way.

And I don't really follow your logic on why werewolves exist... Could you elaborate?

What do you mean you dont follow? Scientist people, like you I guess, base their knowledge on the artifacts, fossils, etc. That they find. Which francily makes no sense. Sure so you found a fossil that has some imprints, you dont know what the...thing, ate, what it exactly looked like, what it did, etc.

Im not saying science is a bad thing...I just dont agree with most of its theories on umm....the big bang, that fact that werewolves cant exist(key one) and others that I really cant think of right now because im tired.

I just dont think that science is correct sometimes. And I hate the fact that they never use their imagination on what they find but always books, their knoweledge on the subject, and whatever other stuff they can find.

So dont get me wrong....science is a good thing in the most case. I just dont agree with most of it

I like my picture.....

ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

wolf4life wrote:What do you mean you dont follow? Scientist people, like you I guess, base their knowledge on the artifacts, fossils, etc. That they find. Which francily makes no sense. Sure so you found a fossil that has some imprints, you dont know what the...thing, ate, what it exactly looked like, what it did, etc.
That's not what I mean, I mean that I don't get why everything can exist...

As for fossils, scientists can tell what they eat by comparing the teeth of the fossil to the teeth of an existing animal. The T-Rex had sharp teeth, good for tearing, I think, as do wolves and other carnivores. It can be logically concluded that T-Rexes ate meat. What it looked like could be found out through bone fossils and fossils such as footprints, which probably have scales imprinted or something, and voila, there's what a T-Rex probably looked like. What they did can't really be found out, I don't think. None of this is foolproof, obviously, as proven by the incident involving the brontosaurus. I don't know if that's completely agreed on, though.
Im not saying science is a bad thing...I just dont agree with most of its theories on umm....the big bang, that fact that werewolves cant exist(key one) and others that I really cant think of right now because im tired.
Like I said, you don't have to agree with theories. They haven't been one hundred percent proven. Isn't there some sort of debate on whether the Big Bang is possible? As for the lack of the existence of werewolves, that's not a theory. That's considered a scientific fact.
I just dont think that science is correct sometimes. And I hate the fact that they never use their imagination on what they find but always books, their knoweledge on the subject, and whatever other stuff they can find.
That's just not true. When something new is discovered, it is pretty much discovered through imagination. The structure of DNA is one example. Back to the subject of the Big Bang, you really think that took no imagination to think up?
I like my picture.....
So do I. It's just a little... Big. It's messing up the page. You just need someone (or if you know how, you could do it yourself) to make it a little smaller so that it doesn't stretch the user ID section so much.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

Quote: That's not what I mean, I mean that I don't get why everything can exist...

Well why couldnt it? God created the world and us in our forms aswell as animals. God is all powerful and therefor can make anything real, exist. As for the possibilities of say werewolves for example, who can say they dont exist? Anything can exist.

ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

wolf4life wrote:
ravaged_warrior wrote:That's not what I mean, I mean that I don't get why everything can exist...

Well why couldnt it? God created the world and us in our forms aswell as animals. God is all powerful and therefor can make anything real, exist. As for the possibilities of say werewolves for example, who can say they dont exist? Anything can exist.

Oh, I getcha. Since it's a matter of religious beliefs, then I could certainly see that if God wanted to, he could in fact make a werewolf. I don't think he did, though, since he seems to have set up a lot of rules that it would be breaking.
-Jack Handey
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Wolf4life, that might be an extremely good picture but it's wrecking the way the forum displays in my browser. As a matter of urgency, please delete it and replace it with any of the following:

Image Image Image Image
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

Midnight wrote:Wolf4life, that might be an extremely good picture but it's wrecking the way the forum displays in my browser. As a matter of urgency, please delete it and replace it with any of the following:

Image Image Image Image

Sorry...

Hey umm....those wont work

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

wolf4life wrote:
Midnight wrote:Wolf4life, that might be an extremely good picture but it's wrecking the way the forum displays in my browser. As a matter of urgency, please delete it and replace it with any of the following:

Image Image Image Image

Sorry...

Hey umm....those wont work
What are you talking about...just copy and paste any of these paths into the "Link to Offsite Avatar" box.

* http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/da ... s/w4l4.jpg

* http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/da ... s/w4l3.jpg

* http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/da ... s/w4l2.jpg

* http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/da ... s/w4l1.jpg

Some of those seems to be suffering from weird compression issues. I can make a cleaner, clearer version of any of them If you like.

...or use one of these. [ Avatars for Anyone ]
Last edited by Vuldari on Thu May 17, 2007 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

lol thanks i changed it

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

wolf4life wrote:lol thanks i changed it
Here is a less 'blurry' version.

* http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4301 ... iferp0.jpg

(I also P.M.ed it to you)
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

Vuldari wrote:
wolf4life wrote:lol thanks i changed it
Here is a less 'blurry' version.

* http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4301 ... iferp0.jpg

(I also P.M.ed it to you)

Cool thanks again :howl:  :oo

wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

ravaged_warrior wrote:
wolf4life wrote:
ravaged_warrior wrote:That's not what I mean, I mean that I don't get why everything can exist...

Oh, I getcha. Since it's a matter of religious beliefs, then I could certainly see that if God wanted to, he could in fact make a werewolf. I don't think he did, though, since he seems to have set up a lot of rules that it would be breaking.

Well I am all for God but there are people....I think :? That actually worship the devil....who knows what could be going on with them??????? It is possible they tried something and was changed. Its really confusing........

And God created us and animals. Theres no reason why there isnt a possiblity of werewolves on this planet but they are just hidden or on other planets in other galaxies. Not everything is restricted to knoweledge of the places we can get to

ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

wolf4life wrote:
ravaged_warrior wrote:
wolf4life wrote:

Well I am all for God but there are people....I think :? That actually worship the devil....who knows what could be going on with them??????? It is possible they tried something and was changed. Its really confusing........

And God created us and animals. Theres no reason why there isnt a possiblity of werewolves on this planet but they are just hidden or on other planets in other galaxies. Not everything is restricted to knoweledge of the places we can get to
If you're referring to Satanists, I don't think that's what they do.
-Jack Handey
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

Im just saying.....its possible that they could be doing some strange things like that. Its not a defiant sure in the least only a 'theorie' as scientist people would call it

:shift: rvt

Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Heheh, okay, let me phrase this so it won't offend everybody.

Set, you an everybody else are open to yer own opinions, especially when it comes ta religion. I'll even support ya on yer stance against religion, since it's the creation of man, an' therefore very flawed. fact, religion is probably the most dangerous weapon ever created, since literally billions have been and continue to be killed by it. I'm Christian, an' I believe it's faith, not religion, that truly saves people. The powers that be made mankind responsible for our own actions, an' we'll all have to face the consequences of those actions, good and bad, in the end, no matter what beliefs we have.

That's my stance. I will say this: the Devil doesn't make people do things, but he lays the groundwork for sin; also, if you or anyone else starts verbally harassing or abusing others for what they believe, it'll take more than intervention by a moderator ta keep me from ripping ya a new one. That's not a threat, it's a promise. :)
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Vuldari wrote:What are you talking about...just copy and paste any of these paths into the "Link to Offsite Avatar" box.

* http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/da ... s/w4l4.jpg
Actually, I'd prefer it if he uploaded it to his web space instead of using my Photo Bucket... I don't know how much bandwidth Photo Bucket lets people use but I'd rather not log on one evening and find that my bandwidth has been exceeded.
Vuldari wrote:Some of those seems to be suffering from weird compression issues. I can make a cleaner, clearer version of any of them If you like.
That's probably either my lack of any sort of decent editing program (I've only got Paint and Photo Editor on this box) or something that Photo Bucket does (it seems to compress the hell out of any picture I load up on it). The version on my local drive isn't quite as grainy as the ones on Photo Bucket although it's nowhere near as clear as the one you made. But this wasn't meant to look professional, it was just a picture for Wolf 4 to use until he got a decent one that wouldn't break the forums.

Oh, and Wolf 4? Your relationship with your god is your business. You're welcome to credit him for your presence. Me, I don't have one, have no interest in acquiring one, and live my life on my own terms, so it is incorrect of you to say to others that they would not be here if not for your god.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Don't worry Midnight, I cleaned it up with GIMP, and hosted the image on my own Image Shack account, which I think is what wolf4life is linking to, which I have no problem with. Anyone can link to my I.S. hosted images dirrectly if they please. I don't expect to max out my bandwidth any time soon.

=^.^'= ~
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I have deleted the offending posts for they did not enrich this topic, rather, it did the opposite. The posts I left alone seem to still add a productive angle to the discussion, as long as it stays positive and sincere. I left Templar's post because his take on the situation is worth keeping for posterity. A good reminder to keep things clean.

PLEASE stop stepping on everyone else's beleifs. This applies to everyone. Whether it's Christianity or Atheism. Religion is always centered around faith. You have it or you don't. When you do, you normally can't be swayed away from it. Rather than pointlessly thrash someone's religion, stay on topic. Otherwise, we have another thread locking. We don't want that.

Carry on... but keep on topic, and off people's bad sides. Or else.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora