your first post

The place for anything at all...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

your first post

Post by Anubis »

what was your first ever post of this message board (if you can rember of find it) *sigh* there nothing like a trip down memmary lane :D
Last edited by Anubis on Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

this is what i think is my fist post here. it was on "showing the werewolf's softer side" by Figarou or some thing like that
i think that werewolves should be alittle tempermental, but not so much that he or she will rip your face. after a milk bone crack. i think that the should have the anti hero thing going on
Last edited by Anubis on Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

This was my first post, in the fur color thread:
I am totally in favor of the wolf's fur color reflecting the human's hair color in some way. My hair is a dark goldish/with a bit of red. If I was in wolf form, it would make no sense for my fur to be grey or black or white. I think most human hair colors can easily be paid homage to in wolf fur colors. I agree with a statement made earlier about white wolves. I think they are beautiful and I like them too. All the more reason for only older werewolves (i.e. humans with white hair) to have white fur. It would be a mark of distinction and honor, and having only older wolves have white fur would make it more rare and therefore more special when a white wolf was present. But that is just my opinion.

As far as artificial human hair colors, this is my opinion. If a human dyed their hair blue, I wouldn't mind seeing a wolf with a tiny bit of blue on its head, but certainly not its entire body. It would seem as though a werewolf who dyed the hair on their human head would lose the artificial color faster, due to all the shifting. The reason I am ok with the gestalt form having a bit of blue is because it seems logical that some of the original human hair (albeit shorter) would be retained in the TF, and not be entirely new, though most of it would be.

However, for all intents and purposes it seems as though many of these issues may in fact be moot points, because there doesn't appear to be a werewolf with artificial hair color in Freeborn. It's a curious topic, but I doubt it would be approached in the film because it might be hard to work around. Also, there is a clearly blonde paw on the Freeborn homepage, so it looks as though hair color will play a factor (unless of course this is only tentative)

As far as werewolf faces go, I agree that blending sucks. I would like to see an entirely or nearly entirely wolf face and head. When a werewolf is in gestalt form, I would like it to be capable of looking terrifying or warm and regal, depending on the mood of said werewolf (much like a real wolf). Varying facial expressions for the wolves would be a big plus for me. I love in Van Helsing when he just realizes he's killed that girl and he looks all sad. Despite my opinions on the faces being entirely wolven, I would like to see some human intelligence in the eyes, when in wolf or gestalt form. After all, no matter how long they stay in either wolf or gestalt form, they will never lose their humanity.

So those are my thoughts and opinions. If anyone disagrees, you're certainly entitled to do so, but these are just conclusions that I have come to based on past werewolf movies that I liked and didn't like. I hope I'll get along well with the rest of the pack! Wink
Some of my opinions have changed, but my method of conveying my thoughts sure hasn't.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

um here's my firts post, i sorta started a thead, of course this was back before the new members introduction thing, yep good times good times, :D
http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... ght=#12263
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

i rember that post i posted this as a responce
Fenrir wrote:Hi everbody,
Iam new here and was just wondering are ww the top of the food chain, I realize that I probably will be redirected to another room. If so I apologize for wasting everbodies valuable energy in having to click the mouse. That's all i got.

Anubis wrote:werewolves would be at the top well because LOOK at them. what animal would be stupid enouf the try to hunt a werewolf!
THE GAME

My Armory
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Here's my first post; http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/vi ... ight=#8288

All I know is that my opinions have changed alot since when I first joined here, I also think from 1,400 posts here my typing surely should of improved, and the way I put together posts too. When I first entered here I was much more directed towards a werewolf I wanted, which is much different than I imagine one know, and towards FreeBorn, untill now that we're trying to move on to just all werewolves.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Wo i can't believe it that thing was a month old by the time you got to it :D
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Fenrir wrote:Wo i can't believe it that thing was a month old by the time you got to it :D
:P
THE GAME

My Armory
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Hey give respect to you *cough* forum *cough* elders

-Satyricon
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

:P
THE GAME

My Armory
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

hey that's cruel how can you disrespect an elder :P 8)

-Satyricon
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
THE GAME

My Armory
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

We need an emoticon for snipping off someon's tongue. :lol:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

I belive this was my first post:
Hamster wrote:Well I think a werewolf should look like my drawing:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/18795256/ - I have a couple others if you want to look.

They should look like a WEREWOLF, not a werecat, ...
If not then this:
Hamster wrote:I am a new artist and I am very self-conscious about my work and I was wondering if you can take the time and look at my stuff. I will be very very greatful. :D :D :wink:

http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/
I almost here that 1950s high school music. :lol:
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

This is mine http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/vi ... ght=#34857
you could just go to your profile and click view all posts by (name) and go to the last page and the pne at the bottom is it. or you can do it the hard way
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Petard wrote:This is mine http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/vi ... ght=#34857
you could just go to your profile and click view all posts by (name) and go to the last page and the pne at the bottom is it. or you can do it the hard way
I just went to the search page, typed Lupin in "Search for Author" changed it to order by date ascending, and changed it from displaying threads to displaying posts. That way my first post was the first result.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Uh... okay. This was my first post, in the Introduction thread:
Vilkacis wrote:I've been lurking around for a while now, dodging random mal-tossed duckies while creeping around in the background, largely unnoticed. I have to admit: I'm very interested. I don't agree with all of the decisions that have been made thus far; however, I think Freeborn is shaping up to be a fine project, regardless. If Freeborn tried to please everyone, I'm sure it would only succeed in pleasing no one.

I wish I had found this place sooner.
:cry:

This thread, of course, would be the logical place for me to introduce myself. My real name is Daniel, but I have been going by the online pseudonym 'Vilkacis' for a fair amount of time now. I recently turned 21, but I have no intention of ever consuming alcohol (or duckies). I do not consider myself therian, furry, otherkin, were, dragon, or any combination of the above; although, I do think I would love being a werewolf if I ever let myself believe such a thing was possible. That is, of course, assuming I were to remain aware and in control.

If you're wondering about my avatar, I threw it together in a few hours this morning in celebration of my new Wacom tablet* (which arrived about a week ago). I will probably finish it, but when depends on finding large blocks of contiguous free time somewhere amongst classes / homework / work.

A quick, unordered, and by no means complete overview of what I like in a werewolf / werewolf movie:
(I will go into more detail in the appropriate topics later.)

Me likey:
*Realistic and mobile tails
*Digitigrade stance
*Natural wolf colors / patterns
*Both fang and claw equally likely to transmit lycanthropy (sex too, but I don't want to see that in the movie!)
*Talking werewolves (not necessarily English, etc.) - but probably not in the movie
*Non-verbal communication / social interaction
*Whiskers =^..^=
*Werewolf lifespan matches human lifespan (I want to see old werewolves)
*Werewolf culture
*Can shift at any time, once they learn to control it
*A ducky somewhere in the movie
*Howling only communicates broad feelings and location
*Omnivore, but mostly meat
lck

Me no likey:
*The moon affecting shapeshifting
*More powerful werewolves during the full moon
*The word 'gestalt' to describe the hybrid form
*Immobile tails, just hangin' there, doing nothing
*Plantigrade stance
*Sex / unnecessary nudity
*Immortality / unnaturally long lifespan
*Regeneration / healing
*Painful shapeshifting
*Full wolf form
*Stupid / uncontrollable werewolves — they should have the same intelligence as when human
*Wall-climbing
*Subtitles (especially for body-language)
*Eating humans or (for the most part), domesticated animals
*Silver allergies
*The word 'ducky' or 'duckies' spoken in the movie. I do want to see a ducky in there, however.
:duckie

Whew! Did I write all that?

-- Vilkacis

* I got the 6x8 Intuos3, and I absolutely love it so far. It's so much fun!
-- Vilkacis
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

My first post would be farily hard to find, as my first 5-15 posts were made without registering. (I am not usually one to be very talkative, so I was not expecting to spend much time here at first. ...just say my piece and leave. ...but it didn't happen that way.)

My first "registered" post was this one, way back in 2004.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Excelsia wrote:We need an emoticon for snipping off someon's tongue. :lol:

Vilkacis made one where a tongue was being eaten.

:lol:

Its in the middle of the wolf smilie thread.

My 1st post was as a guest. I thought I was signed in when I posted it.

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... ?p=306#306
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Shadow Wulf wrote:I think this is my first post.
http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... ght=#17060
Hi Alex! *waves* 8)

-Satyricon
Wolveblade
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: lone wolf

Post by Wolveblade »

I think my first post was about how excited i was to see Freeborn and that i hoped they kept the name.

Im not sure though. :duckieinmouth: *humm this tasts like chicken* :lol:
let no sacred place in your territory be violated
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Wolveblade wrote:bla im in college now...if i wasnt i would send one in *sniffles*
*drum role* tada your first post 8)

-Satyricon
Wolveblade
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: lone wolf

Post by Wolveblade »

Fenrir wrote:
Wolveblade wrote:bla im in college now...if i wasnt i would send one in *sniffles*
*drum role* tada your first post 8)

Cool thanks. :) My bad. But thanks. Have a duck or a pack of ducks. :ducktoss3:
let no sacred place in your territory be violated