The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Pack Membership

Post by white »

A few questions for whoever feels in a position appropriate to answer them:

* Is membership in The Pack simply membership in this forum, or does it go beyond that?
* Will membership be restricted somehow after the release of the movie? (I'd think it'd have to be, especially with all the discounts I've read about being given to members)
* Assuming that membership extends beyond forum membership, are there restrictions NOW?
* And, of course I have to ask this question: joining this late in the game, am I considered a Pack member?
Sanity is relative.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Re: Pack Membership

Post by Terastas »

Ralith Lupus wrote:* Is membership in The Pack simply membership in this forum, or does it go beyond that?
That's pretty much the jist of it. The Pack is what we call the group of people that have come together on this forum to share their ideas on werewolves, so all you need to do right now to consider yourself a Pack member is participate in discussion.
Will membership be restricted somehow after the release of the movie? (I'd think it'd have to be, especially with all the discounts I've read about being given to members)
Nothing official yet, but yes, that's probably inevitable. Right now there are no official restrictions since some newcomer posters have contributed a fair ammount of material on their own, but there are already quite a few members, I'm convinced, that only registered to ask for casting calls and free Pack pendants. Right now though, membership itself isn't even official, so just keep contributing to the active discussions in the WSAWB forum (without spamming or necromancing) to help distinguish yourself from the people mentioned above.
* Assuming that membership extends beyond forum membership, are there restrictions NOW?
Right now, as I said above, there are no restrictions on Pack membership; only that we unofficially distinguish the difference between people that register to participate and people that register for future benefits. Just keep participating in any active discussions you feel are worth contributing to (IE: not the "Word Association" thread) and that will be enough.
And, of course I have to ask this question: joining this late in the game, am I considered a Pack member?
Depends on what you post. There aren't any official definitions yet (at least as far as I know), but I'm pretty confident that Joined Date and Post Count are not a factor at the moment. Like I said in the above answers, it's mainly a difference between people that contribute and people that immediately asked for han-outs. Just make sure to contribute your thoughts in the WSAWB forum so the rest of us can see that you're serious about this, okay? :wink:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Ok..I moved this thread to the proper location. :D
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

Thanks to the both of ya; wasn't really sure which was appropriate, so I opted for the more general area. Nice to hear that everything's so open, for now at least.
Sanity is relative.