A-kon 17

General convention type stuff.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

A quck note to those that will attend. The Adams Mark Hotel is full. Overflow will go into the Westin City-Center Hotel down the street. It's a five minute walk across the sky bridges to get from there to the Adams Mark Hotel and Convention Center, so don't worry so much about traffic. However, the skybridge locks up at late hours. Just be sure to get regular clothes on past 9pm or you'll be crossing the city streets in a weird costume. Very awkward indeed. On the plus side, the hotel itself makes up the south wall of a 10+ stories tall atrium mall you can shop and eat in.
The Mall inside the atrium.
The Westin Hotel on the left
An office building on the right.

The Westin Hotel normally charges more for thier rooms than A.M.. Their rooms are SO much nicer too, with fluffier beds, great service, and exellent window veiws guaranteed. The usual overflow rate is only $150 per night for a two bed one bath. Not a bad deal.
Last edited by Kaebora on Sun May 28, 2006 8:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Kaebora wrote:A quck note to those that will attend. The Adams Mark Hotel is full. Overflow will go into the Westin City-Center Hotel down the street. It's a five minute walk across the sky bridges to get from there to the Adams Mark Hotel and Convention Center, so don't worry so much about traffic. However, the skybridge locks up at late hours. Just be sure to get regular clothes on past 9pm or you'll be crossing the city streets in a weird costume. Very awkward indeed. On the plus side, the hotel itself makes up the south wall of a 10+ story tall atrium mall you can shop and eat in. I'll post some pics.

The Westin Hotel normally charges more for thier rooms than A.M.. Their rooms are SO much nicer too, with fluffier beds, great service, and exellent window veiws guaranteed. The usual overflow rate is only $150 per night for a two bed one bath. Not a bad deal.

I already have a room in the Adam's Mark hotel.

Made reservations back in October 2005.

I shouldv'e asked for 3 nights instead of 2. But after thinking about it, I'm glad I only asked for 2 nights. It'll add another $150 to my hotel bill.
Money I could use at A-kon.

Still, I need to get there early and find a parking spot in the parking garage. That and get my badge early so I don't have to wait in line Friday morning.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Here's a good question for the Freeborn crew. Will there be any special meetings with set times for forum goers and staff to meet at the Freeborn booth? I'd be very interested in attending those if there are any.
-Kaebora
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

We did planned get-togethers during the con last time, so check by the Cashel / ReQuest booth from time to time. We're plotting one this year, too, but...

Uh, have we set a time, or do we just sort of happen?
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stupid Girl

Post by Raina The Werewolf Queen »

IM NOT GOING BUT I'M GETTING SOME STUFF FROM IT.. Thanks sabre
SEDUCTIVE AND DESTRUCTIVE

I WANT MY ANTHONY BROWNRIGG PLUSHIE RIGHT NOW !!!!!!
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Scott Gardener wrote:We did planned get-togethers during the con last time, so check by the Cashel / ReQuest booth from time to time. We're plotting one this year, too, but...

Uh, have we set a time, or do we just sort of happen?
Here's an idea, leave a flier taped to your table stating meeting times. Sometime late on Friday may be a good idea. After the Orientation and before the first concert, nothing major goes on that would keep us away (except waiting in line for the concert). Perhaps even some meeting times once per day so that we can all have a chance to meet on several occations during the con.

It would be nice if we had a room to meet in, but meeting at the booth is fine right?

One final question. Will Timothy Ablee ever be making an appearance at one of the A-Kon conventions with the Freeborn crew? Seeing just how busy the guy is, I understand why he can't make it.
-Kaebora
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Its down to one week!!

Man, I'm so excited!! :cafinated:
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Figarou wrote:Its down to one week!!

Man, I'm so excited!! :cafinated:
You're not the only one.Image
-Kaebora
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

:dizzy:

Waiting...
Apharoh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Enemy of The Gnomes

Post by Apharoh »

To those that are going on thursday to beat the rush of badge collecting and driving up friday. we should meet up somewhere that night. my friends are for one are throwing a party and i cant stand crowds so ill need to chill in a calmer environment... any ideas
Apharoh:* finishes sweeping the floor* "Adolph its time for you to mop"
Adolph:"you did a terrible job of sweeping"
Apharoh:"So whats your point"
Adolph:"YOU CANT MOP A DIRTY FLOOR APHAROH!"
Apharoh:"Not with that attitude"
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

OMG I was so close to canceling my plane tickets today. I just talked to my boss about a day I couldn't get time off for. Apparently I have to head back to work the moment I step off the returning flight. I've been reassured that I won't lose my job over being a bit late. Dang it, call centers are horrible with vacation time. Good thing I wasn't planning to stay in Texas for a week.

A huge weight has been lifted is all. It'll be good to see my hometown again, and the event that I haven't missed once for the last four years.
-Kaebora
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Figarou
Kaebora
Scott Gardener

:o DITTO :o

:crazy:
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Well, some interesting news. For those going to A-Kon.. theres something special going on friday day..

I'm shooting an insert scene for Red Victoria.. and it premiers on Saturday.. Hows' that for under the gun.. And we could use extras. Yes we're shooting it AT the con.. and its also a chance for pack members there to get a little screentime.

Also we are having a script reading saturday at noon For those that can make it.. We'll all sit down crack open the scripts and read parts.

Also, we are having a raffle.. Yes.. a raffle.. for what you ask? For a custom set of werewolf paws.. Yes.. the winner will have their hands cast, and custom paws will be sculpted over them.. cast in silicone and shipped to them when completed. Like gloves!

Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Hold out your hand, and I'll show you...

Post by Scott Gardener »

Wah-hah!

1. Get-together Thursday: I'll be lucky if I can make it. I'll be getting in much later than originally intended. Cathey's arriving on time, but, I'm not. My job did an inexplicable schedule change, and I couldn't get out of it after a frantic call to every doctor short of Tom Baker. No one was available for coverage, so I'm stuck working ER until seven that night. Thankfully, once off, I'm there. But, I first need to meet my wife and family. My wife Cathey and I will have been apart almost a week, and my sister and her husband I won't have seen since a year ago, last A-Kon, so my Thursday availability might be limited.

2. Friday Red Victoria cameo as an extra in the background: I'd love to try for it.

3. Saturday raffle for paws: Yes, please.

4. Saturday script reading: Sounds like fun. I haven't memorized it, yet, but, as a werewolf geek, it's a point of honor.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Damn, you guys are so lucky! :o
*sits jealousy in corner* :P :wink:

And after the con, I want details of everything!
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

There's a gathering on Thursday? :o Yeesh I didn't even know!! Ah wells though :D
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

*pretends to disregard the paws* :read:

Well guys...I'ma...just go do something....just a minute....

*franticly gnaws through couch cushions looking for all the money she can find to put toward raffle tickets*
:cafinated:

.....What? ;)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:Well, some interesting news. For those going to A-Kon.. theres something special going on friday day..

I'm shooting an insert scene for Red Victoria.. and it premiers on Saturday.. Hows' that for under the gun.. And we could use extras. Yes we're shooting it AT the con.. and its also a chance for pack members there to get a little screentime.
HUH? ??

Are you saying you're going to shoot an "insert scene" and it'll be shown on Saturday? And we can be in it as "extras?" (I need to make a fainting wolf emoticon.)
ABrownrigg wrote: Also we are having a script reading saturday at noon For those that can make it.. We'll all sit down crack open the scripts and read parts.
Oh!! Can I be Jack?

"I will not leave her behind!"

Sorry Scott, I just HAD to take away your thunder. :D
ABrownrigg wrote: Also, we are having a raffle.. Yes.. a raffle.. for what you ask? For a custom set of werewolf paws.. Yes.. the winner will have their hands cast, and custom paws will be sculpted over them.. cast in silicone and shipped to them when completed. Like gloves!

http://www.anthonybrownrigg.com/werewolfhand.jpg

Oh coolies!!! :coolflip:

Will there be fur on it once its done? If so, I'll have it look like my character's paws. (Figarou) Thats if I win. :D
Scott Gardener wrote:
1. Get-together Thursday: I'll be lucky if I can make it. I'll be getting in much later than originally intended. Cathey's arriving on time, but, I'm not. My job did an inexplicable schedule change, and I couldn't get out of it after a frantic call to every doctor short of Tom Baker. No one was available for coverage, so I'm stuck working ER until seven that night. Thankfully, once off, I'm there. But, I first need to meet my wife and family. My wife Cathey and I will have been apart almost a week, and my sister and her husband I won't have seen since a year ago, last A-Kon, so my Thursday availability might be limited.

Get-together Thursday? When? Where?
wolfenknight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfenknight »

Wow cool. I would like to do something like that but sad part is I won't be able to go because I cannot find anyone who is going there who can take me. :(
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Sweet! I'll be busy haning with my own Texas buddies Thursday, but I'll make it to every other event if possible. I only have a select number of other things I do want to see. I hope schedues dont conflict, but I wont miss any of The Pack events for the world.

That settles it, I'm bringing my Kaebora costume and wearing it for the filming Friday. Buahaha!
:evil:

I'll make my first stop in the Con to be the Freeborn booth. I hope you have a schedule ready for the events, and backbraces for when I glomp you all. :D Gotta go. I've got a flight to catch.
-Kaebora
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

If someone told you this kind of fandom exists...

Post by Scott Gardener »

If you don't see me Thursday, you'll certainly see me Friday morning, as you're also my first stop of the Con, and a place to park and pull out my laptop. Cathey's probably going to want a place to sit, too, and, I'm sure plenty of other excuses to continue bugging you will present themselves.

Fig:
Sorry Scott, I just HAD to take away your thunder.
That's alright. Just remember, we can't be exposed, Jack.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

ABrownrigg wrote:Well, some interesting news. For those going to A-Kon.. theres something special going on friday day..

Also we are having a script reading saturday at noon For those that can make it.. We'll all sit down crack open the scripts and read parts.

Also, we are having a raffle.. Yes.. a raffle.. for what you ask? For a custom set of werewolf paws.. Yes.. the winner will have their hands cast, and custom paws will be sculpted over them.. cast in silicone and shipped to them when completed. Like gloves!

lucky basterds
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Damn straight they are :D
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

Wait, we are meeting tomorrow? where; since when, what time. arggg. I live here so I am availible for meeting up.
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Whoot! See you guys tomorrow!! hwlwnk