My God am I going to have a bad day as a writer...

The place for anything at all...
Baphnedia

My God am I going to have a bad day as a writer...

Post by Baphnedia »

Whatever happens to the site in the future,
however the movie goes,
I'd like to keep in contact with some of you down the road,
because it just hit me, how much work could go into one subject,
and a runaway roleplaying plot of mine now resembles the size of most of Asimov's work - between the Robot, Starfarer and Foundation series...

And if I ever get this stuff put together, get some kind of storyboard assembled, for any kind of media presentation (novel series, anime, movies or whatnot), I'm going to need a lot of help working out plot holes and considerations for it.

And lo - there isn't any specific timeline to it - not with two musical projects on the horizon and an active-duty Army career on my plate.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Ah, life in the army. Been there, done that, ate the MREs. Image

I was stationed overseas in Hanau, Germany back in 1987. Served only 3 years as an 88M. It was ok. Could've made a career out of it. But had a hardship discharge.

Edit corrected spelling.
Last edited by Figarou on Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

You weren't in COSCOM, were you?

I was on a longer-than-expected tour in Wiesbaden, myself, from 1999- Jan 2003. Most of the rest of '03 was spent in Iraq, and I've decided, that I have more than a small dislike for stateside posts and garrison units.

But hey, I'll finish my 6th year in 2005, and only 14 left to go - what could possibly go wrong? I served as a 71L (now 42L) (desktop jockey) for my overseas tour, and after my deployment was over, I reclassed to 31S (now 25S) and got some extra education before settling in as a commander's driver.

Right now I'm a 25S1I, a Satellite Communications Operater/Maintainer + Installer. I build communications facilities from the ground up - everything from AC/DC wiring to any kind of cable you can imagine, to include fiber optics. While I haven't gotten my resume typed or uploaded on Monster or anything, this past year has been just bad enough to make me want to get out.

I'm sure you had plenty of MREs - I miss the Doner-Kebabs and the good alcohol. When Europe switched over to the Euro (boy was that fun), the price of a good kebab shot up to 3 Euro. Of course, technically speaking, that's still pocket change. Like the Mark , the Euro is in coin form up to 5 Euro pieces, and the smallest bill is a 5 Euro bill (the 5 Euro coin is kinda rare - like our silver dollar).
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

COSCOM? I don't think I was because this is the 1st time I heard that.

Ended up in an engineer company driving an M917 dump truck for about a year and a half. I've been to Wiesbaden in that tank range bringing in rocks, dirt, whatever is needed. There was a time where the company helped the germans clear out land for a soccer field. All what we did was flaten out the land by removing allot of topsoil and they did the rest.

There was also a time where we was on AFN TV when we helped moved a giant rock that was going to be used for a plaque monument. This rock is near a path and a plaque was placed on it. I forgot the town, but it was in a forested area. A nice place to get away from city life.

Then I became a Brigade commander's driver myself before the hardship discharge. Took him to some important places. To him to REFORGER, and that Army headquarters in Frankfurt. I don't remember if it was the 7th Army headquarters. Met some Generals while I was there.

I never really liked the MREs but when you're out in the middle of nowhere in some type of army training, you have no choice but to eat it. (yuck) The German food was great. Tried almost everything they had. As for beer, I don't drink. So I can't tell you what that is like.

It was an interesting tour I had. Ended up with 2 AAMs. There was some good things that happened, and a few bad. All in all, it was a pleasant experience.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Cool. Germany was a good tour. I wish I could get back there.