Texas Renaissance Festival

General convention type stuff.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Texas Renaissance Festival

Post by Scott Gardener »

Since a lot of you are fellow Texans in the area, give or take various hurricane evacuations, anyone planning on going to the Renaissance Festival? It started last weekend and runs all the way through Nov. 20th, every weekend, plus Labor Day. (Don't quote me on that, but they've done every Labor Day before.)

If so, anyone want to coordinate times?

(Maybe before offering, I should find out what my own group of friends and family want to do. I'll get back to you on that.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Oh my...I know I can't make this. I got money set aside for A-kon. I also need to save up for a new set of tires before I go. And with these gas prices, no way will I be able to do much traveling. Sure wish it was closer to where I live.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Hmmm, oddly enough myself, and Silver will be attending TRF this weekend, the 8th, saturday, and plan on being out there all day. Fun huh.

Anthony Brownrigg
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:Hmmm, oddly enough myself, and Silver will be attending TRF this weekend, the 8th, saturday, and plan on being out there all day. Fun huh.

Anthony Brownrigg
Awwwwwww....and I'm working this weekend. :(
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

OK, I've got a date. My wife Cathey and I are going on November 12th. There's also a good chance that my sister Alicia and her husband Michael will be along with us.

Sorry I missed Anthony and Silver on the 5th. I guess I can see if I can meet up with some of the other elements on the periodic table in two and a half weeks.
TrotFox
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by TrotFox »

Drat it all... I'm working Screams (playing a werewolf!) and haven't had the time to think about TRF. Unfortunately I also work every Sunday night and will be in a wedding during the second weekend in Nov.

Oh well... Maybe next year. { : ]

Trot, the howling, fox... } ; ]
|. /\_/\ TrotFox Greyfoot \ Always remember,
| ( o o ) AKA Landon Solomon \ "There is a
| >\_/< trotfox at gmail.com \ third alternative."
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Still going (Nothing outlasts...)

Post by Scott Gardener »

It's the night of the tenth, and Cathey and I are still on for the twelfvfth-thpth. We'll be meeting my sister and her husband Michael at noon inside the gate. Look for a man with pointed ears and a nice-looking red-head.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

We had a blast. Didn't meet any of you there, however. Maybe next year. With a bit of planning, Cathey has talked about renting an RV and making a weekend out of it, rather than a one day trip. Budget and time limitations prevented doing that this year.

Got to see Ded Bob, the falconry, and Cast in Bronze, a performer playing a unique instrument that resembles an organ, but in which various sized bells are played with keystrokes.