Kitsune

The place for anything at all...
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Kitsune

Post by Set »

I had posted this on a livejournal community but got no comments on it, so I figured I'd ask you guys. (Copied and pasted.)

I'm not a fox (that I know of) but I do have phantom tails. They were a gift. It's kind of hard to explain but they were given to me by an astral kitsune who insists I call him Kura. I suppose he could be considered a spirit guide or guardian of sorts. I can't remember when I met him but he's been with me ever since. I remember something early on about him looking for a "polar opposite", whatever that means. After awhile he didn't say anything more about it. Kura has nine tails, brown eyes, and white fur with creamish markings on his legs. The tails he gave me have black fur. There are three of them. I'm not really sure why he did that or what the point even was. Has anyone ever heard of giving tails to someone as a gift before?
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

can't say that I have, sorry that I can't help. But enjoy your gift(as I am sure you do)
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

alot of people would say your crazy, but as for me I could care less, crazy or not I have had my fair share of paranormal activity in my life.

sadly no I have not heard of giving tails as a gift but I need to find a good website for searching this stuff up since books never seem to have them.
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

That is kinda strange, I must admit. Did this Kura say anything when he gave them to you? How do you feel about the whole thing, were you glad for the gift?
Do we really need the solution? Couldn't we just enjoy the problem for now?
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

Did he come to you and have you ever done astral projection? Lucky :P
Prowler
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Arctic interests

Post by Prowler »

I've read some very interesting things on Kitsune, they make a good read.

I saw something say they got a new tail for every stage of there existance, they can have 9 tails then they often "accend" to a higher form and stuff...very interesting.
Koshaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Duckinator

Post by Koshaw »

Yes indeed Kitsune's are neat =) More tails=more power, magic, prestiege etc... and 9 is the maximum...

Being 1/2 Japanese...you hear stories =)
ImageImage
Prowler
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Arctic interests

Post by Prowler »

I'm just a curious person with unlimited internet/library access :lol: I often stumble across many things in my random browsing :D

I first found info on them while checking out my fave foxy charactor: Tails!! from the sonic games ^^ Afew people say he's based on a kitsune.

The list of abilities they are rumoured to have is very cool indeed! Ranging from shape shifting to elemental magic, vampirism to space/time alteration. There never classed as "evil" though, always neutral untill someone wrongs them.
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

Merrypaws wrote:That is kinda strange, I must admit. Did this Kura say anything when he gave them to you? How do you feel about the whole thing, were you glad for the gift?
I don't remember him saying anything at the time, but he did call me vixen for awhile there. The only thought in my head was "Hey, cool." and that's pretty much it.
Petard wrote:Did he come to you and have you ever done astral projection? Lucky :P
He was the one who found me. I've never projected. Ever. I just can't seem to do it for some reason.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Thats neato :D
Are they like 'phantom tails' or you have them when dreaming or what?
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Prowler wrote:I'm just a curious person with unlimited internet/library access :lol: I often stumble across many things in my random browsing :D

I first found info on them while checking out my fave foxy charactor: Tails!! from the sonic games ^^ Afew people say he's based on a kitsune.

The list of abilities they are rumoured to have is very cool indeed! Ranging from shape shifting to elemental magic, vampirism to space/time alteration. There never classed as "evil" though, always neutral untill someone wrongs them.
I have that kinda access to the internet and libary, there is a libary not to far from my school((the school one is not very good for reasarching this stuff)) which has some intresting stuff... did you know pregnancy cures achne?
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

Silverclaw wrote:Thats neato :D
Are they like 'phantom tails' or you have them when dreaming or what?
They're phantoms. I don't usually have them in dreams but sometimes I do. They look really pretty but as far as I know that's all they do besides move around and feel uncomfortable if I sit on them.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Im acully surprised at how many people are not doubting this, but either way its cool with me

I wish I had phantom tails, tell the kitsune guy to visit me :lol: or atleast get one of his friends too
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Searif Bogard wrote:Im acully surprised at how many people are not doubting this
"I have often regretted my speech, but never my silence." -- Publilius Syrus

He wasn't exactly right, in universal principle, but it holds in this case. What does anyone have to gain by telling everyone that they don't believe her? What would it accomplish, but trouble? Better to say nothing.

-- Vilkacis
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Vilkacis wrote:
Searif Bogard wrote:Im acully surprised at how many people are not doubting this
"I have often regretted my speech, but never my silence." -- Publilius Syrus

He wasn't exactly right, in universal principle, but it holds in this case. What does anyone have to gain by telling everyone that they don't believe her? What would it accomplish, but trouble? Better to say nothing.

-- Vilkacis
true, I just talk a little to much :lol:
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

What comes to my mind is that maybe he was just "marking his territory". You know, letting people (you included) know that he's with you. Or maybe the tails or something associated with them are supposed to help you somehow.
I've heard about spirits giving people special names, but that's the first time I've heard anyone/anything giving body parts.
Do we really need the solution? Couldn't we just enjoy the problem for now?
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Searif Bogard wrote:Im acully surprised at how many people are not doubting this, but either way its cool with me
Well, while some people may have their doubts, it is nonetheless a cool discussion. I have my doubts about the existence of Pokemon, but that didn't stop me from ever playing it or from devising strategies. It is enjoyable to come up with answers to questions that you may or may not believe have any relevance to reality.

I think Merrypaws' idea sounds pretty reasonable. Especially since he used to call you 'vixen'. Yeah, that definitely sounds logical. Only, I can't figure out how the 'polar opposite' statement would factor in. Why would he claim someone who was his opposite? Weirdness.
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

Merrypaws wrote:I've heard about spirits giving people special names, but that's the first time I've heard anyone/anything giving body parts.
I've never heard of it before either. I tried looking it up but I didn't find anything on the subject, which is why I felt compelled to ask. Sometimes other people can find stuff better than I can.
Excelsia wrote:I think Merrypaws' idea sounds pretty reasonable. Especially since he used to call you 'vixen'. Yeah, that definitely sounds logical. Only, I can't figure out how the 'polar opposite' statement would factor in. Why would he claim someone who was his opposite? Weirdness.
I don't know. He didn't really tell me much about it. I'll have to ask I guess, but he's asleep at the moment.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Reilune wrote:
Excelsia wrote:I think Merrypaws' idea sounds pretty reasonable. Especially since he used to call you 'vixen'. Yeah, that definitely sounds logical. Only, I can't figure out how the 'polar opposite' statement would factor in. Why would he claim someone who was his opposite? Weirdness.
I don't know. He didn't really tell me much about it. I'll have to ask I guess, but he's asleep at the moment.
hmm, this is quite intresting.. im guessing that since humans can give things why not other things? we give so many things to the world but we never think about what it gives us back.

there are many things the world gives us, not all is good but its teaches us things. life, death, love, food, water, joy, sorrow, exictement, wonder

other things it gives with the help of people around us, such as titles.. you do not get a title just by saying thats what you are.. you need to gain that title from people and the world.