Dreamerwolf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Dreamerwolf »

Another Therian here. :) Mexican Gray wolf. :howl:  :oo
~A Dream is a wish your Heart Makes~

~For a Dreamer, Night's the only time of day~
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Re: How many Therians?

Post by outwarddoodles »

wolf marine wrote:
outwarddoodles wrote:
wolf marine wrote:
Krissy wrote:I'm just wondering how many Therians occupy this site, and your therian side (if that is not most obvious by your interest in the first place *wink*). Me? I may have a strong connection with Wolves (specifically the Arctic Wolf), but I'm a Cougar/Bobcat therian.

Just curious, and I'll love to hear your replies.
i feel a srtong connection with wolves. i feel like there is a massive beast inside me and i want to set it free. i feel like i'm one of them and i want to become them. i always dream of transforming into that beast a black furred powerful werewolf.
First to Krissy, havent seen your post; I love wolves and ofcource werewolves but I am not a wolf therian, I'm a kitty cat.

Wolf Marine: Because you feel like you have a beast may not be therianthropy, but an affinity for strong beast like things like me. And quite frankly what is this connection with wolves like, like what kind of connection?
well look at my post that i started (how deep is your obession) i feel that
i'm a wolf in a human body. i feel a short of kindship with them if i had a chance to join a pack i would in a heart beat.
Kindship as of how? (Sorry, I'm always quite the curious cat!) And wanting to join a pack doesn't make you a wolf. I love wolves, living a day or two as a wolf in a pack wouldn't be any bad, but quite frankly I am not a wolf therian.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
TrotFox
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by TrotFox »

I suppose I'm close enough to count. Gray Fox here. Wolves are fun to romp with, but that's about as far as I go. However, they are also animal-people and so I enjoy their company. : ]

Trot, the gray, fox...
|. /\_/\ TrotFox Greyfoot \ Always remember,
| ( o o ) AKA Landon Solomon \ "There is a
| >\_/< trotfox at gmail.com \ third alternative."
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

TrotFox wrote:I suppose I'm close enough to count. Gray Fox here. Wolves are fun to romp with, but that's about as far as I go. However, they are also animal-people and so I enjoy their company. : ]

Trot, the gray, fox...
LIQUID SNAKE: impressive, you are indeed worthy of the code name gray fox. :lol: there i go agien

dont mind me trotfox, i just got back from work and i need some fun.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
TrotFox
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by TrotFox »

Shadow Wulf wrote:LIQUID SNAKE: impressive, you are indeed worthy of the code name gray fox. :lol: there i go agien

I still wanna know where that comes from... I don't remember you responding to the last one. : ]

Trot, the confuzled, fox...
|. /\_/\ TrotFox Greyfoot \ Always remember,
| ( o o ) AKA Landon Solomon \ "There is a
| >\_/< trotfox at gmail.com \ third alternative."
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

TrotFox wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:LIQUID SNAKE: impressive, you are indeed worthy of the code name gray fox. :lol: there i go agien

I still wanna know where that comes from... I don't remember you responding to the last one. : ]
Metal Gear Solid, IIRC.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stupid Girl

Post by Raina The Werewolf Queen »

Wolf
SEDUCTIVE AND DESTRUCTIVE

I WANT MY ANTHONY BROWNRIGG PLUSHIE RIGHT NOW !!!!!!
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

WOLF I AM NOW AND WOLF I WILL ALWAYS BE........FOREVER :femshft
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

TrotFox wrote:

Trot, the confuzled, fox...
didnt i just PM you the same day you wrote that PM. :?

oh well,

In the middle east, we dont hunt foxes, we hunt jakkals. and instead horses, we use royal harriers
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

IM STILL IN PROCESS OF BETTER UNDERSTANDING THE DEFINITION OF THERIAN........................ FROM WHAT IM UNDERSTANDING.............MY SOUL IS ONE WITH THE WOLF....................ALWAYS AND FOREVER.
SO COUNT ME IN. :howl:  :oo
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Wolf here. :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

:? Weird. I could'a sworn I already replied to this topic.

Anyhowl, therian, yes. Coyote, to be excact. Been a-were for some... *counts with fingers* ...five years now.
Do we really need the solution? Couldn't we just enjoy the problem for now?
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Dreamerwolf - I thought I was a Mexican wolf therian but Im apparently (by other people) classified as an otherkin because I am a shape shifter. I do have spiritual connections to animals, but more than one. One of my spiritual forms is, however, a Mexican wolf. Amongst various other animals. I can shape shift into anything, even ones Im not closely connected to.

So I guess while once Id have posted 'yes I am' here, people call me an otherkin, but I will not give myself any other label than 'shape shifter' and not bother to elaborate any further, for I see no point for names :howl:  :oo

Any thoughts on that? :?

EDIT Some people may have read this wrong. I do not shape shift physically. If I could...would I be online? Id be elsewhere doing other things. :lol:
Last edited by Kirk Hammett on Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Kirk Hammett wrote:... I am a shape shifter... I can shape shift into anything, even ones Im not closely connected to.

So I guess while once Id have posted 'yes I am' here, people call me an otherkin, but I will not give myself any other label than 'shape shifter' and not bother to elaborate any further...

*Raises one hand, pointing finger in Kirks general dirrection with mouth open as if about to speak...then forces himself to lower his hand slowly (requiring a great deal of self controll) shakes head looking down at the floor, turns and walks away...silently*

[size=0].[/size]
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Rex Wolfskin
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Rex Wolfskin »

A wolf therian here :)
~Metalhead to the bones~
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Just so everyone knows: I'm not a therian.
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

Uh, well............mmmmmm.........
I really don't know.
I mean, when I was little I did act like a wolf, but I've never really been around a real wolf before.
I've always watched wolf documentaries on TV, so I can't really tell if I'm a wolf.

I mean, in my opinion, I think you need to be around or
spend some time with a particular animal before you can decide if your a therian of that particular animal.
I mean, how can you see an animal on TV and feel a connection with it.
Do you feel that connection through the screen, or what?
Or, is it just a feeling that you get when you see the animal?

I wish I could spend some time with a wolf, and see if I could connect with him, to see if I felt that spirtual connection that so many therins claim they feel.

MMMM.............maybe I'm a dog therian, I really don't know.
Well, I getting my puppy this christmas, so I'll spend some time with him or her, bond with him/her and see if I'm really a dog therian. I'm getting a lab so I could be that kind.

I'm not saying that I'm a therian or that I could become one. I mean, I don't have a problem with therianism, I actually think it rather interesting, but its something I know I'm going to explore. :D

I'm really just trying to understand it all.
Last edited by Anook on Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
LoboLEO
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Luna's pet

Post by LoboLEO »

I've read that you need to reach some kind of mental state to know your innerself, your totem aka therian spirit or something...then you realize you have a conecction with some animal.

Now, from what I see people say they are this or that therian because of "likes"....which is a reliable way to put it.
In that case I think I'm a wolf, there is no other animal in the planet from which I share that kind of strong connection just by looking at. Wild , passion of a howl are the main hints that touch my mind when I think about it.
My werewolf-girl comic Online:
http://www.alphaluna.net/

My werewolf Art.
http://www.loboleo.com
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Teh_DarkJokerWolfeh wrote:WOLF I AM NOW AND WOLF I WILL ALWAYS BE........FOREVER :femshft
Mm-kay.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Vuldari wrote:
Kirk Hammett wrote:... I am a shape shifter... I can shape shift into anything, even ones Im not closely connected to.

So I guess while once Id have posted 'yes I am' here, people call me an otherkin, but I will not give myself any other label than 'shape shifter' and not bother to elaborate any further...

*Raises one hand, pointing finger in Kirks general dirrection with mouth open as if about to speak...then forces himself to lower his hand slowly (requiring a great deal of self controll) shakes head looking down at the floor, turns and walks away...silently*

[size=0].[/size]
I dont shape shift physically. :lol:
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Kirk Hammett wrote:
Vuldari wrote:*Raises one hand, pointing finger in Kirks general dirrection with mouth open as if about to speak...then forces himself to lower his hand slowly (requiring a great deal of self controll) shakes head looking down at the floor, turns and walks away...silently*
dont shape shift physically. :lol:
Well then what "Shape" is being shifted?

If you just mean that you can mentally associate with multiple animals, then why not just say so?

I do not think the act of "Thinking like a Tiger" counts as "Shapeshifting", or being someone who does so often as having any reason to call themself a "Shapeshifter".

...that's just silly and confusing...
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

That's not what I mean, sorry if it seemed confusing. Now I am terrified to write this but I will...

It is actually a very confusing subject, which people may agree or disagree on. It depends on the way you look at 'Shape shift'...as a word. To me, I have no other name except maybe "Wild imagination" or "memories from past lives" as my belief is reincarnation though it may not be yours so other people may view it way differently from a very differently context to me. Acting like the animal never counts as shape shifting, it is part of it possibly, but does not always have to be. YOu are right though Vuldari, "shape" is probably a damned stupid word to put at the front, perhaps "Shifting" would be better because it doesn't suggest my body is shifting. :P

In my view, "shape shifting"...and don't get me wrong...most therians and other people will disagree...can be achieved by anybody with an imagination. You could probably feel as if you have that body in general. You can position your body during meditation to do this, which for certain animals is easier. You can create phantom limbs as well.

I know this because I've asked other people to try it, and I've heard similar cases. It's not shape shifting in the sense of your body, but the kind of shape shifting therianthropes talk about. Mental, or phantom limbs, (although I think mental is in behaviour which doesn't always have to be), dream shifting, astral projection...all those ones you can find on the websites. 8) Since I don't know all the terms.

For really good shape shifting though try meditation of a sort. I'm no expert on this but many therians might be. In a sense, I am performing what is part of being a therian (But any therian will tell you that shape shifting isnt what makes you a therian in any sense whatsoever), but multiple animals.

It is my belief and again nobody else will agree, but eh :lol: thats why Ive told nobody as yet, and hope nobody will kill me, I will not engage in any argument or try to prove my points with backup as I have no proof, like psychic phenomena and ghosts. Its my belief everyone has previous memories of reincarnated selves, thats for those who believe in reincarnation, and hence that everybody has the capacity to experience therianthropic memories or feelings. The extent of these feelings may differ from person to person. Thats my view on my feelings anyway.

It's too cold to type anymore; feel free to disagree but Its only my views and I know this board allows that, but I felt too scared to say it to the therian board. Id get run out of there. Please don't bite me :cry: I hate being yelled at, usually I keep my opinions to myself. I do like hearing other views of course, just don't kill me haha :wink:

As I said, perhaps the word shape shifter is pretty incorrect but it depends how you look at the word. Its a pretty interesting thing to think about I guess.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Faolan Ruadh
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Snarkus Mirificus

Post by Faolan Ruadh »

Animal-person in general (I like the term better, it doesn't come with the same political and metaphysical baggage as "Therian") but specifically connected to wolves.
"Live like you'll die tomorrow.
Fight like there is no death."
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Kirk Hammett wrote:That's not what I mean, sorry if it seemed confusing. Now I am terrified to write this but I will...

It is actually a very confusing subject, which people may agree or disagree on. It depends on the way you look at 'Shape shift'...as a word. To me, I have no other name except maybe "Wild imagination" or "memories from past lives" as my belief is reincarnation though it may not be yours so other people may view it way differently from a very differently context to me. Acting like the animal never counts as shape shifting, it is part of it possibly, but does not always have to be. YOu are right though Vuldari, "shape" is probably a damned stupid word to put at the front, perhaps "Shifting" would be better because it doesn't suggest my body is shifting. :P

In my view, "shape shifting"...and don't get me wrong...most therians and other people will disagree...can be achieved by anybody with an imagination. You could probably feel as if you have that body in general. You can position your body during meditation to do this, which for certain animals is easier. You can create phantom limbs as well.

I know this because I've asked other people to try it, and I've heard similar cases. It's not shape shifting in the sense of your body, but the kind of shape shifting therianthropes talk about. Mental, or phantom limbs, (although I think mental is in behaviour which doesn't always have to be), dream shifting, astral projection...all those ones you can find on the websites. 8) Since I don't know all the terms.

For really good shape shifting though try meditation of a sort. I'm no expert on this but many therians might be. In a sense, I am performing what is part of being a therian (But any therian will tell you that shape shifting isnt what makes you a therian in any sense whatsoever), but multiple animals.

It is my belief and again nobody else will agree, but eh :lol: thats why Ive told nobody as yet, and hope nobody will kill me, I will not engage in any argument or try to prove my points with backup as I have no proof, like psychic phenomena and ghosts. Its my belief everyone has previous memories of reincarnated selves, thats for those who believe in reincarnation, and hence that everybody has the capacity to experience therianthropic memories or feelings. The extent of these feelings may differ from person to person. Thats my view on my feelings anyway.

It's too cold to type anymore; feel free to disagree but Its only my views and I know this board allows that, but I felt too scared to say it to the therian board. Id get run out of there. Please don't bite me :cry: I hate being yelled at, usually I keep my opinions to myself. I do like hearing other views of course, just don't kill me haha :wink:

As I said, perhaps the word shape shifter is pretty incorrect but it depends how you look at the word. Its a pretty interesting thing to think about I guess.
On the Subject of Reincarnation and all matters of spiritual beliefs...my opinion remains indefinately undecided. I am 'Agnostic'...which basicly means that I am skeptical of all religions and therefore do not express personal "Faith" in any of them...but I also do not discredit them, because it seems logical to me that ALL of them have to be at least partially right...about some things...

On 'Mental Shifts' and 'Phantom Limbs'...Over the years, once I learned that I could, I used to frequently do this sort of thing to myself, trying to imagine myself as an animal, physically, and trying to feel my non-human features like larger ears, claws, fur, feathers, wings or a tail. I took it well beyond just "pretending"...allowing myself to go into deep meditation...to the point where my muscles would begin to twitch and ache as if my body really thought something had changed.

I liked to refer to it as "Manipulating my Percieved physical Aura". My mind knows I am human, so I feel like a human, but if I tried hard enough to convince myself that I was actually something else, I found that I would actually feel different too.

...I found this quite amusing, and occasionally even spiritually liberating at times, but I soon began to find that this behavior was having unexpected and undesired residual effects on my daily life...and stimuli such as being in the presence of one of the animals I've imagined myself as, or just feeling any kind of odd tingling or aching in certain parts of my body, such as my toes, ears or tailbone would sometimes cause my mind to lean into one of the "Alternative Auras" I had created in my head, which made it very difficult to focus on what I was doing.

Regretfully, I've had to refrain from "Aura Molding" (Don't bother looking that up. You won't find it online...I made it up for my own use) because of this in order to regain normal stability in my general state of mind, and slowly, I find my symtoms fading back to managable levels. (Though they will never really go away...because I will allways remember.)

=^.^'= ~
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Vuldari wrote:
Kirk Hammett wrote:That's not what I mean, sorry if it seemed confusing. Now I am terrified to write this but I will...

On the Subject of Reincarnation and all matters of spiritual beliefs...my opinion remains indefinately undecided. I am 'Agnostic'...which basicly means that I am skeptical of all religions and therefore do not express personal "Faith" in any of them...but I also do not discredit them, because it seems logical to me that ALL of them have to be at least partially right...about some things...

On 'Mental Shifts' and 'Phantom Limbs'...Over the years, once I learned that I could, I used to frequently do this sort of thing to myself, trying to imagine myself as an animal, physically, and trying to feel my non-human features like larger ears, claws, fur, feathers, wings or a tail. I took it well beyond just "pretending"...allowing myself to go into deep meditation...to the point where my muscles would begin to twitch and ache as if my body really thought something had changed.

I liked to refer to it as "Manipulating my Percieved physical Aura". My mind knows I am human, so I feel like a human, but if I tried hard enough to convince myself that I was actually something else, I found that I would actually feel different too.

...I found this quite amusing, and occasionally even spiritually liberating at times, but I soon began to find that this behavior was having unexpected and undesired residual effects on my daily life...and stimuli such as being in the presence of one of the animals I've imagined myself as, or just feeling any kind of odd tingling or aching in certain parts of my body, such as my toes, ears or tailbone would sometimes cause my mind to lean into one of the "Alternative Auras" I had created in my head, which made it very difficult to focus on what I was doing.

Regretfully, I've had to refrain from "Aura Molding" (Don't bother looking that up. You won't find it online...I made it up for my own use) because of this in order to regain normal stability in my general state of mind, and slowly, I find my symtoms fading back to managable levels. (Though they will never really go away...because I will allways remember.)
:) Wow that sounds really interesting. I like your view on it, and it certainly does fit better. Also regretfully, I haven't thought about this in depth, (the terms I might put to it) I guess I haven't been in the right mental state (work, Uni) to go in depth.

As for your experiences, yes, it can be distracting. Though usually it makes me laugh out loud. This is something I do too often for many reasons :lol: and I hate being looked at for any reason (shy and nervous person I am) so it's embarrassing to be caught grinning like a fool in public because around here, people wish to know if you are laughing at them. But this is usually the reaction I get when I sense ears upon my head, and fake holes in my hat to fit them in. It's usually a tail, something I conjured a lot as a kid.

I would like to try extreme in depth meditation, however thanks for your warnings I will definately keep those in mind because my attention span isn't the greatest in length. I believe this 'molding' of perception has many benefits as well. Have you ever tried walking down a steep cliff and imagining you are a dinosaur with a thick tail for balance, and actually walking digitigrade or imagining spreading toes out like you have longer toes and no shoes on? While I don't think I really believe in enhancing sense of smell or eyesight or hearing (many do but I haven't encountered any convincing stories yet) psychologically it can actually aid balance. Like healing rapidly due to laughter and placebo effects. It can make you tap inner strengths as well. I saw this in a book too, and know several people who have done this.

It's really in the mind, it's so facinating. I am sure you know what I mean so I won't go any more into detail as I have to go and get some rest.
Thanks for the mature chat and for not treating me like an idiot, I know I made an error there and have always been wary of messageboards. Hence you probably won't see me entering debate boards unless it's a passing comment not intended for replies. :)
<b> Pack Drunk</b>