What did you want to be when you were young?

The place for anything at all...
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

What did you want to be when you were young?

Post by Set »

Mrrhmm. Little kids always have something they wanted to be when they grew up: policeman, forefighter, ect. What did you want to be?

I had several occupations in mind. They would always come and go, never lasting all that long. Veterinarian, circus performer, astronaut, jet pilot...but there's one thing that never really went away. This may sound a bit silly, but even to this very day I've always wanted to be a ninja. I don't really know why. I just want to be a ninja.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

I've wanted to make games since I was 7. I discovered programming when I was 10, and I've been doing that ever since.

I can't think of anything else I've ever wanted to be... other than a dragon, werewolf, or mage.
:wink:

In this world, a programmer is probably the closest you can get to a magic-user. At least... we certainly have the cryptic tome part down!
:lol:

-- Vilkacis
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

*nods* Yeah, ninjas ranked up on my list too. I had plenty of ideas about what I wanted to do when I grew up, but for some reason, they always involved me using kung fu. :grinp:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

I always wanted to be an auto mechanic when I was younger. That and work on the car's body. My dream was to rebuild a classic auto instead of buying a new one.

But as I got older, I started to realize how difficult that can be. Parts are getting harder to find. And the risk of injury is great. You also need to buy lots and lots of tools. The more tools you have, the better the mechanic you can be. You also need a place to keep those tools. I changed my mind and had nothing else I wanted to be. Ended up joining the army to find out what I wanted to be. I'm now a truck driver. :(
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Throughout my childhoold, I've wanted to be various things, including:

-a deer
-a veteranarian
-scientist
-author
-doctor
-president of U.S.

There are many others that I can't think of now. My dreams and goals have always been ever-changing, but one thing I've always wanted to do is rule the world. I'm working on that now.
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Excelsia wrote: -a deer
Well, I wanted to be a dog. Some kid told me in the 1th grade that you can pay the doctors to change you into an animal and every animal around us was really people. Thats why when I was small, I loved to talk to them. (I also think that played a big part of me being a furry.) :lol:

other then that, I wanted to be a veteranarian or a doctor. I wasn't into drawing at that time.
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Docques Cousteau

Post by Scott Gardener »

Marine biologist!

A lot of kids say "doctor," which ultimately is what I'm doing right now. But, when my own family doctor asked me when I was about five or six, I answered "marine biologist"; most kids that age say something like "doctor" or "police." About fifteen years later, while he's filling out various forms for insurance companies and managed care plans, he tells my father half-jokingly to tell me to go back to marine biology.

Other fields I could have gone into include:

Architecture
Botany
Astronomy

When I was first interested in medicine, my heart was in Pathology. (And, at some point in the future, it could be again, though hopefully not until after at least 2045.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

You what just occurred to me? Of all the careers I fantasized about the most, the one I seem to have the best chance at right now (stand-up) was originally one of my brother's! :grinp:
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

game designer, author, artist, a woofman, aeronautical engineer, a lazyboy tester, a superhero, ninja, ruler of earth.... you know, normal kid stuff.

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I always wanted to build things! Infact I still enjoy making things now, but I'm not very good. I always told my parents I would build them a big house when I grew up, all by myself.

I also wanted a purple pony when I was younger, and I could of been a horse trainer. Me and my purple pony...I think that was because I have several plastic horses in odd colors such as pink, purple. blue, and a green one.

Yet what I really wanted to do when I was younger, actually around 3rd and 4th grade was be an astronaunt or be in the army. I always played war games and used army men when I was younger, so I wanted the army. Yet at that time I became obsessed with space, me and my friend Aaron met in 3rd grade in the library where the space books were. We always met there on library day to grab a book on space. We played some space cadet game during recess, we had lots of medals. I used to jam my brain with space information, now I just about forgot it all. Aaron seemed to ditch that love too, sorta sucks though.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Even as a little kid, I never could make up my mind.

To this day, I'd still like to be an everything...(aka, a "jack of all trades").

...not commited to one or another job for any extended period of time, but skilled and knowlagable in almost everything.

Artist, Author, Mechanic, Rocket Scientist, Other advanced sciences (Physics, biology, etc.), Carpenter, Computer Programmer, Negotiator, Medical Doctor, Teacher, Pilot, Race-Car Driver, Fireman/Police Officer, Detective, Mercenary, World-Class Martial Artist...

...oh yeah...and I guess I wanted to be a Dragon, a Bird, a Fox and a Wolf at some point in my life as well...
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Like several other people, I also wanted to be an astronaut. Later it changed to computer programer.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

edit
Last edited by Miguel on Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

A werewolf.

Still wanna be one. :D
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Same here.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

undead, ive always wanted to be the living dead, and if you think about it, if someone kills you again, you can just get back up! its amazing!
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Morkulv wrote:A werewolf.

Still wanna be one. :D

I can help you be one. :duckieinmouth:

*tosses saliva coated duckie at Morkulv* :ducktoss2:

:jester:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I had a fascination with meteorology as well, especially cloud types. That, and I was fond of tornadoes. Now I'm not so sure, given that I've got property to lose to them. In fact, given all these hurricanes, meteorology is getting kind of tiresome! Still, it's a fascinating subject, when you're not stuck in 22 and a half hours worth of traffic, trying to escape it.

I remember once seeing a list of various jobs as a kid, and deciding I wanted to be a millionaire. I figured that that was a job, like driving a cement truck or studying marine life. "Millionaire" was on the list. I'm discovering that it's a pretty competative field. The Texas Lottery Commission receives millions of applicants each month, and I hear it's not any easier anywhere else.

I figure I'd do what Buckaroo Banzai did; he was a neurosurgeon, experimental physicist, martial artist, and rock star. My fields tend to be more emergency medicine, writing, computer hardware, and lycanthropology.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

besides a werewolf. :shift: i wanted to be a cop :cop: untill i went to middle school i wanted to be a writter
THE GAME

My Armory
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

I wanted to be a paleontologist. I was obssesed with dinosaurs and I can still name more than most people. A werewolf would be cool too.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Miguel wrote:Well I wanted to be a meterologist. It is kinda wierd but I was real interested in the weather and climate patterns. I still want to be one to this day, I had a dry sense of imagination.

(Face it....I'm a wierdo. :cry: :cry: :cry: :| :) ,okay that is over.)
I don't know if you're in college yet or not, but if you're not, University of Louisiana Monroe (ULM) (aka where I go to school) has a good atmospheric sciences program.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

No not yet,but I will keep that in mind. :)
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

when i was five i learned where video games come from (:lol:) and i wanted to make them most of my life! when i was 11 i learned that i was no good at programing or any of the other things needed to make a game. but that was O.K. becouse not too long before that i had watched cowboy bebop for the first time, and from then up until even now i've wanted to be a bounty hunter! :D

the job i would like more than bounty hunter (but my grades will unboubtedly keep me from getting) is astronaut, i've got an obsession with space! :lol:
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

Lupin wrote:Like several other people, I also wanted to be an astronaut. Later it changed to computer programer.
Congratulations Lupin

As a kid I always wanted to be a nuclear physicist, but now I'm aiming to become a surgeon of sorts, as I found I have a high tolerance for stuff like that.
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

An Army Soldier!!! And a race car driver!!!