41%

Total votes: 17

Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

What would you do if...

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

you won the the 1 billion doolar jackpot from Publishers Clearing house? :?

Personally, the first thing I would and I think everyone would, is make sure all of my family is stable money as far as making sure all of the bills would be prepaid for the next year or so, good housing, move from this state to a more relaxing area in the USA and after I made sure that they were all setted in it would just be me and my money!!

But I couldn't possibly spend all that money on myself even after my family has everything...So I would be donating to all wolf organzations world wide, helping homeless, donate to all those staving children and also the human societies so they would all be no kill shelters, because I don't think none should die..I would definatly do some traveling, especially to Canada just to see the snow capped mountains and try to capture wild wolves on the move!! I would buy lots of drawing stuff, photographers equipment cause I love to be a photographer and I would most likely move to Canada when the babies are all grown up, but I would help them get into college when the time comes for that :D Anyhow, what would you do?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Duckies for everyone!! :jester:

Seriously...I'll just live off of it after I help my loved ones.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Invest it wisely, then live off the interest it generates.

Also I'd buy a really cool car.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

1 billion... thats alot....

I suppose i would share some with those i know well... (close family and friends). Then i'd have to go for a small house somewhere that has both woods and cable internet. $50,000 gaming PC as well as an xbox 360 and i'd be fine...
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Well. . . I'd be happy as could be with just one million, but one billion, well. . . That's where the ammount of money stops being fun and starts being scary, so I could never keep it all to myself and hope to stay sane.

But I can't say I'd share it with my immediate family either because they've already managed to screw me out of $5100 that I know of in just the last ten months. If they knew I was worth one billion dollars, the first thing they'd do is decide how their going to spend it. If I'm lucky, they'd try to con me out of all of it the same way they did my college tuition -- by nagging and lying. The more likely scenario is they encourage me to take up skydiving.

I can think of plenty of people that I would share it with (tired of waiting for some big-wig to fund Freeborn? Call me! ^_^), just not within my immediate family.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

If I had a 1 billion dollars I would give out some to the family members that deserve it. I would buy a nice house, mabey not a mansion, I woulkd buy myself all sort of useless stuff, But I would donate the majority to national wildlife protectors, especialy the wolf. I also would higher alot more guards to protect the wolfs around parks and forest.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

Lupin wrote:Invest it wisely, then live off the interest it generates.

Also I'd buy a really cool car.
That, except for the bit about the car. I don't see why everyone acts like you have to spend it all; much better to not need to ever do any paying work for the rest of your life.
Sanity is relative.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Ralith Lupus wrote:That, except for the bit about the car. I don't see why everyone acts like you have to spend it all; much better to not need to ever do any paying work for the rest of your life.
I'd still probably get a job since I can't really sit around the house all day (I know this from expirence.)
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

Yeah, but it can be a job that you actually /enjoy/ (as opposed to the usual terrible but high-paying one), because the pay doesn't matter.
Sanity is relative.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

I'd travel the world if I had lots of money. I always wanted to see Japan.
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

Too overcrowded for me there, too many people in such a small place. Otherwise I'd probably want to go there.

With so much Money I'd probably go around seeing things like Roman and Greek Ruins, the Collossus of Rhodes, The Chinese Terra Cota soldiers and things like that.
celtwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by celtwolf »

I'D NEVER HAVE TO LEECH OFF OTHERS AGAIN!!! honestly, i'd keep it secret so i was left MOSTLY alone. and i'd share it with whomever needed money.
i'm just stating what i know and what i think, if you don't like it, you can leave me alone.

i am the well-read werewolf
:read:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Ralith Lupus wrote:Yeah, but it can be a job that you actually /enjoy/ (as opposed to the usual terrible but high-paying one), because the pay doesn't matter.
*nods* I could never just sit around and do nothing and hope to stay healthy, but I'd definitely be more selective about what I do for work. I'd definitely finish my book for starters. Either that or I'd volunteer at a wolf and/or big cat sanctuary I'm thinking of donating to.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

First off...I'd get myself set up with a nice house in the country. Small barn, solar and wind array, 10 acres or so. Convert my vehicle to hydrocell fuel, get a totally tricked-out graphics computer, and rebuild my investments. Choosing a little more wisely this time...

After that, I'd look outwards. My family's been great to me so I'd take care of them. Pay off their debts, help out the ones who are having health problems so they get taken care of.

After that, I'd give to my favourite charities, set up a Pagan cemetary, and travel the world.

*Sigh* Dreaming on...
ImageImageImageImage
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Oops, I voted "keep it all to myself" before I saw that we were talking about the Publisher's Clearing House jackpot; I thought we were talking about getting bitten by a werewolf or something.

My "lottery contengency" involves giving to members of my immediate family--my parents, sister, and my wife's two children.

But, before anything else, my wife and I would contact our accountant. Winning a lottery is a life-transforming experience, and one that if not handled correctly can do a lot of harm. However, usually it's, not too surprisingly, profoundly beneficial, even though it's not always the miraculous solution to every problem that a lot of people expect. From what I've read, the anecdotal "won a fortune and lost it all" is the exception, and most lottery winners retain most of it, bumping up their quality of life pretty well. But, with the change of lifestyle comes all kinds of new challenges. On the plus side, from what I understand, you're a lot richer, and a lot of old problems really do go away.

I read that "your job quits you," whether or not you plan to continue working. Still, if I won, I wouldn't immediately quit. I calculate that at my age, I would need a net win of $4 million to retire at my age and to be able to do all I could accomplish by working. By net, I mean after everyone else is paid, including taxes. I'd need to put $4,000,000 or so in the bank. That translates to about $10,000,000 in lottery winnings needed. Any less, and I will continue working, though at substantially reduced hours. (I can think of use for another $6.1 million off the top of my head. There's this movie concept, about werewolves. Looks like a good investment...)

I'd pay off debts, though I might not pay off those that have a low enough interest rate that I could outrace by investment. For example, my house note is at less than 5%. We bought it at just the right time. If I could make an investment at 10%, which is easier to do if you've got lots of money, for some reason, then it would make more sense to pay the house note at the usual rate. Sure, you're splitting the profits with your mortgage lender, but think of it as their reward for helping you buy a house. You still come out ahead.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...