How long have you been a werewolf fan?

The place for anything at all...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

How long have you been a werewolf fan?

Post by Figarou »

Me? Over 30 years!!! Just call me old fashion. :wink:

Yup yup!! I was 6 years old when I saw the wolfman on the tele. Problem is, that was the only place where I could see a werewolf. There was no interent access, cable TV, VCRs, and Video game consoles in 1973. You guys should consider yourself lucky that you have these items today!! There was that comic book. But I had no money to go out and buy it.

I remember when FangFace 1st premiered on ABC. (1978) Watched it every Saturday morning. Today, I hate it. But back then, I loved it. Hey, I was just a kid. Sat in front of the tele with my blanket and bowl of Fruit Brute.

Mmmmm...Fruit Brute. lck

Man, those were the good old days. :D

NE who. I remember my father bringing home a VCR when it 1st came out. Man, I was shocked!!! Movies at home whenever we want to see them!! Everytime my dad takes me to the video rental, I always try to look for a werewolf movie to watch. Everytime I pick one, it turns out that it sucks. The only ones worth watching is AAWIL and The Howling. For years and years, all I had was the VCR and the tele for my werewolf watching pleasure.

As I grew older, LD came out. Didn't care to much for it. But I did get the LD player that had AC-3. WOW!! Surround sound in the digital domain!!! My love for home theater has begun!! WOO!!

I collected the Rage cards when it 1st came out. Gave it up to further expand my home theater when DVD came out in 1997.

The internet opened a new door for me back in 1999. Didn't buy a PC. Bought a webtv. It was ok for a while. But realized it didn't do everything a PC can. Finally got one in 2002. Wow!! Big difference!! Did my werewolf searching and found a bunch of stuff! I was fascinated!!

Today, I'm still searching. Found a few figures I liked, statues, and this forum!!

I was like, OH MY GOSH!! Image

I couldn't believe what was going on in here!! I had to be a part of this!! I had to join!!! For years I was watching werewolf movies that sucked. I did like Van Helsing and Underworld, but didn't like a few things about the movies. (Like wall climbing? Give me a break!!!) Now I have a chance to be part of a group thats going to make a different kind of werewolf movie. Thats why I'm "highly" excited!!

Image :D
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

I've been a fan of werewolves nearly forever. I can recall quite vividly trying to stay up as late as possible so I could catch the tv show, "werewolf" in reruns on the USA chanel. I'm sure I had seen the classic Wolfman before that. My mom knew something was going on when I'd alsways ask to rent werewolf films and whatnot. Even she admits that I've been into werewolves since a little girl, and still knows it to this day!

I was the same as you, Figarou, in that I would always look for werewolf flicks while at the movie rental stores. Actually, now that I'm thinking of it, I know my mom ordered me many a classic Lon Channey Jr. wolfman video, because the rental place didn't have all the titles I wanted!

Now in the age of DVD I'm trying to convert what was a meager Video collection into a fantastic werewolf DVD collection. :-D

~Snowy :shift:
Krissy
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Krissy »

I've been a fan of Werewolves (as well as most other things fantastical) since a young age. I can remember more clearly from the age of...hmm...I believe around the age of eight and up (when I became hooked on watching anything that had to do with Werewolves/vampires/*insert fantastical creature*). I read many, many books, and started to write my own books by the age of nine (of course they weren't anything great... *chuckles* But it inspires many good memories when you come across one of those childhood notebooks). I've just always loved the unexplained... mythological imaginings... and basically anything that went beyond the known "existings" of the world. If it wasn't believed to exist, I was certain to be reading into it.
:wink:
Wild and Wonderful,
Catamountess

~know not of thy presence,
till thy breath stirs the hairs on your neck~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

SnowWalker wrote:I've been a fan of werewolves nearly forever. I can recall quite vividly trying to stay up as late as possible so I could catch the tv show, "werewolf" in reruns on the USA chanel. I'm sure I had seen the classic Wolfman before that. My mom knew something was going on when I'd alsways ask to rent werewolf films and whatnot. Even she admits that I've been into werewolves since a little girl, and still knows it to this day!

I was the same as you, Figarou, in that I would always look for werewolf flicks while at the movie rental stores. Actually, now that I'm thinking of it, I know my mom ordered me many a classic Lon Channey Jr. wolfman video, because the rental place didn't have all the titles I wanted!

Now in the age of DVD I'm trying to convert what was a meager Video collection into a fantastic werewolf DVD collection. :-D

~Snowy :shift:

I remember when the werewolf TV show 1st premiered. It was ok. To me, it was a werewolf version of The Incredible Hulk with Bill Bixby.
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

Oh man its been a while, It all started in 1987 ?? with Teen wolf when i saw it on TV .
Since then i was hooked on and off, until Dog Soldiers came out and i watched it on the flight back from Florida :D (I need to go back out to the USA), reigniting my interest.
So i though "Lets do a google search for werewolves" and bingo, Goldenwolf's site popped up, :shock: :o :D
I joined the forum Moonsong and since found this place , I even wrote part of a novel , yet to be finished (Scott you've seen it :wink: )

Since then its been a rollercoster of a ride 8) and man i can't believe i would be doing this 2 years ago :D
*When you're down... howl*
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

Figarou wrote:
I remember when the werewolf TV show 1st premiered. It was ok. To me, it was a werewolf version of The Incredible Hulk with Bill Bixby.
Well, I was also a huge fan of Incredible Hulk (in reruns of course as I'm too young to have seen it when it first was on the air), :D and I have to agree with you on that one. The concept was HEAVILY borrowed from TIH, intentionaly or not.

:|

~Snowy
SGrayWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SGrayWolf »

Felt connected to the wolf ever since I was a wee lad (probably 8-10 *shrugs*), remember watching "Teen Wolf" and the Howling series among quite a few others.

Got my first PC in 1995, came online and I found a whole world of information.. In 2001, I decided to google werewolf art, found Goldies website and forums and been in and around the therian community ever since. Found the link here from her forum and leaped at the opportunity. :)
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

How long? Gee...I don't think I could really put a date on it. Allways I guess...from as far back as I can remember.

I know I must have picked up the idea somewhere very early, because by the time I actually started seeing movies like "Teen-Wolf" or the classic old "Wolfman" films, (my parents would never have let me see anything more frightening than that back then, so I knew nothing of AWIL, etc.), I allready was criticising them.

"Sweet!...it's about time. Why do the Werewolves have to look so lame though. Shouldn't they look like WOLVES if you call them werewolves?" (I asked myself the first time I watched T-W)

I do not own One Single WW movie though, nor do I have any figurines or posters or books or anything WW related. ...I've just never found anything I like. Everything I find allways seems to Suck.
That is why I am soo exited about this movie. "Finally!...something related to werewolves that does not SUCK!!!"
shhowl
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote: I do not own One Single WW movie though, nor do I have any figurines or posters or books or anything WW related. ...I've just never found anything I like. Everything I find allways seems to Suck.
You havn't been looking hard enough.

Take a look at these miniature werewolves. One is a female, the other is a male.

http://www.figarou.com/werewolf/DSC00001.JPG
http://www.figarou.com/werewolf/DSC00002.JPG
http://www.figarou.com/werewolf/DSC00003.JPG
http://www.figarou.com/werewolf/DSC00005.JPG

These are the same type of miniatures for my chess set. The female is the alpha. (Queen) And the male you saw is the Bishop. These were painted by a professional. The ones I did for my chess set are just one simple color. Black and brown.

You can see the female in this pic of the chess set. http://www.figarou.com/werewolf/DSC00020.JPG
http://www.figarou.com/werewolf/DSC00011.JPG

Here is the male as the bishop
http://www.figarou.com/werewolf/DSC00018.JPG

My father taught me how to play chess when I was 9 years old. As the years went by, I always wanted a chess set with werewolves as the playing pieces. Almost 25 years later, my dream has come true!!

Now this is my big werewolf statue.
http://www.figarou.com/werewolf/DSC00034.JPG

You can see the miniatures on the bottom so you can see how big it is. 11 1/8 inches tall.

Edit---corrected size of statue.
Last edited by Figarou on Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krissy
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Krissy »

Those are so neat!!! I defintely wish I could have a chess set like that. :D :howl:  :oo
Wild and Wonderful,
Catamountess

~know not of thy presence,
till thy breath stirs the hairs on your neck~
ShadowWolf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by ShadowWolf »

I first became a fan somewhere around the age of 13. I saw 'Wolf' for the first time, and became hooked. This lead me to buying Rage cards when I got the chance (not to mention the money), reading different books whenever I was able to find them, and watching what movies I could find in the video store(most of which sucked obviously :P ). I never really had anyone else to be able to discuss werewolves with, all my friends at the time were into vampires :oops:. Eventually I was able to use the internet and I began to discover that I wasn't the only were fan out there ( :D no more having to listen to endless vampire discussions :howl:  :oo ) Which brings me up to today. I still love to read different werewolf related books, and spend a lot of time researching them online.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Krissy wrote:Those are so neat!!! I defintely wish I could have a chess set like that. :D :howl:  :oo

If you have the money and the time, you can make your own werewolf chess set. I had so much fun putting it together. Its even more fun playing chess with someone!!!

:wink:

ShadowWolf wrote:I first became a fan somewhere around the age of 13. I saw 'Wolf' for the first time, and became hooked. This lead me to buying Rage cards when I got the chance (not to mention the money), reading different books whenever I was able to find them, and watching what movies I could find in the video store(most of which sucked obviously :P ). I never really had anyone else to be able to discuss werewolves with, all my friends at the time were into vampires :oops:. Eventually I was able to use the internet and I began to discover that I wasn't the only were fan out there ( :D no more having to listen to endless vampire discussions :howl:  :oo ) Which brings me up to today. I still love to read different werewolf related books, and spend a lot of time researching them online.
I was the same way. Most of my friends wasn't into werewolves. I kept it to myself. The internet opened a new world for me. Found interesting things to look at and buy.
akujiwolf

Post by akujiwolf »

Let's see I saw I think AAWIL when I was 8, my mother loves older movies, and since then I have been an avid fan of werewolves...so I guess for me that makes 9 years.
~Request Entertainment Member~ (we get T-Shirts!) Also if there is a problem that you feel needs to be addressed please contact me immediately.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

When I was in high school, I got this book, "Van Richten's Guide to Werebeasts." And I eventually used that book to help formulate the first prototypes of the protagonists of my book.
Later, I eventually got my hands on some books from White Wolf's Werewolf the Apocalypse line. I'll confess, I collected them mostly for the art.
Then to aggravate my cravings, I started renting werewolf movies.
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by ShadowFang »

I've been into wolves/werewolves since I was at least 13 years old. Just something about them. Not sure what it is...but I felt drawn to wolves. Then thanks to our good ol' buddy internet, I discovered more about werewolves (which I knew very little about at the time). Things just kinda rolled on from there for the next nine years.
Xodiac
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xodiac »

Hard to say. I first became aware of my fondness for transfrmation as a definite thing in 6th grade. But I was fond of them well before that. And while I enjoy werewolves - or some portrayals of them at any rate - for me it is really a specific subset of a larger enjoyment of transformations in general.
Wyla
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Singing dog

Post by Wyla »

I'm not sure exactly how long, but probably at least seven years. My parents like films with weres and the such in, so I was watching those as a little kid. :p
Ah, the joys of being raised on horror movies.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I'm really not sure. I have always found shapeshifting facinating(though more scary when I was young). My favorite animal is the wolf, my love of them has gotten stronger over the past couple years. So naturaly werewolves are another interest of mine. AAWIL was a movie that I really enjoyed though not many other werewolf films I've seen have matched it. Joining this website has really increased my interest of werewolves more than what it was before. :shift: hwlwnk
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

I've been a fan since I was 9 years old when I saw the movie "The Wolf Man" with Lon Chaney Junior.
What Mafia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Mafia? Not that I'm aware of...
Mood: Depressed

Post by What Mafia »

since i was a lad wee high. :) can't rememebr exactly when i started, but my toy of choice was a little werewolf that howls!
It's a shame an entire family can be torn up by something as simple as wild dogs.
What Mafia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Mafia? Not that I'm aware of...
Mood: Depressed

Post by What Mafia »

Apokryltaros wrote:When I was in high school, I got this book, "Van Richten's Guide to Werebeasts." And I eventually used that book to help formulate the first prototypes of the protagonists of my book.
Later, I eventually got my hands on some books from White Wolf's Werewolf the Apocalypse line. I'll confess, I collected them mostly for the art.
Then to aggravate my cravings, I started renting werewolf movies.
Do you know where I can find a copy of that, comrade? :shift:
It's a shame an entire family can be torn up by something as simple as wild dogs.
CroweBasalt
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by CroweBasalt »

me? oh wow.

going on roughly 20 years. i've loved monsters since i was a little little girl, and grew into the werewolf after i learned what they were!

thank you, Grandma, for showing me "The Wolfman" as a child. :wink:
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Well when I was younger, which being I', 13 wasn't too long ago, I adored all those werewolves on halloween shows. I never realy admitted it but I just adored them, no matter how stupid they were. In 3rd grade I played some RP game or something with a group of some older kids, I was the werewolf! And boy I just fantisied being a werewolf all too much, I was the little kid who ran around in the grass howling.
:D

Rather last year, around October I had thought this little werewolf stuffs silly. Imagine, my friend who just caught of wiff of my werewolf loving now keeps asking me WHY? Truly I dont know, ya just do! Well I was on About, I talk there on the Cat forum, and in the drawing section they had a link to Goldie's old site and the torturial for the wolfie.

I couldn't beleive the site. First I thought it completely weird, just look at those people obsessed with werewolves! Yet I tore apart that site looking at the art. Time later the site stopped working but searching Wolf in google I reconized one of Goldie's pictures, I soon found goldenwolfen.com. I joined the forum. Later in a Therian community, and around Deviant art I was happy my 'dumb little werewolf obbsession' kicked a**.

Now at this forum and around at friends, I must truly say I'm to addicted to werewolves.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
LunusWolf

Post by LunusWolf »

Woot, who's 13!! Which is in Western New York. I love'em I have loved'em for a while meaning young since i'm 13 and all...Oh and out of the blue just for any sake I will say that I am a stuntie(stupid) kind of guy which right now has no handle on anything I do, but for fun sake I do it to impress. But knowing that I have just showed up, this upcoming movie still intrests me, thankies to Goldenwolf :D
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Eighteen years!

Post by Scott Gardener »

Mine started--oh, bloody heck, EXACTLY eighteen years ago tonight! It was May 4, 1987 (OK, this post shows 5/5 GMT, but I posted this around 10pm 5/4 local time), and the network premiere of Teen Wolf inspired my own daydream about werewolves. The rest is history...
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...