Poisons (and other topics)

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Re: Poisons (and other topics)

Post by Volkodlak »

Sorry for bringing so old topic too life

in topics was discused about food poisons but how will WW deal with other poisons such as:

-rat poison
-sarin
-cyanide
-other

could he surivive if he is exposed to them?
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I forgot how this topic went, but I would personally think that a werewolf would have simular immune system to that of a human and a wolf, but perhaps a tad stronger since a werewolf is supposed to be more adapted to nature. So perhaps a werewolf's immune system would be more simular to that of a wolf.

No amazing superpowers though.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

My own take was that werewolves are not literally half-man, half-wolf, but rather that they are humans who can, at times, greatly resemble a wolf. So I would figure that the werewolf's dietary pros and cons would be much closer akin to a human's than a wolf's.
Fabricator
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Need it? Build it.

Post by Fabricator »

The way I've always seen werewolf traits and such is they attain the best of both the human and wolf, and negative traits, which are natural to each, are cancelled out if one is better than the other. For instance, if a werewolf were to consume chocolate, regardless of what form one happens to be in (namely wolf, though), the human part of them would allow the chocolate to be digested and, as I've occasionally heard, benefit from the chocolate (supposedly helps aid memory). So, as a wolf would get sick from chocolate, a werewolf would not, as the human trait that allows humans to digest chocolate would present itself over the wolf's trait which disallows them to digest the chocolate.
lovec1990 wrote:rat poison, sarin, cyanide, other, could he survive if he is exposed to them?
As I see it, generally no. A human is most certainly negatively effected by these, and I image a wolf is similarly effected. Antidotes are available for a large variety of poisons and toxins, but in a normal everyday situation (or perhaps not so normal if exposed to sarin or cyanide) I don't see a good chance of survival.
The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense.