T-shirt design combo

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Okay, I have to keep FREEBORN specific materials separate from The Pack materials.

I know it sounds strange. But if I mix the Pack up with Freeborn when it comes to merchandising, then studios that fund the movie will have rights to 'the pack ' itself.

That is a bad thing.

For this reason alone, the pack should have its own designs, and not associated with Freeborn when it comes to merchandise.

I hate that, but I'd hate to see this wonderful board here become the property of paramount, or some other studio that has no vision.

ABrownrigg
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Lupin wrote:Very nice, I'm hoping that the images on the back will be fairly large. I think for this one that the image on the front should be fairly small.

I agree. This is the kind of shirt I'd like to wear. I think a small logo on either the left or right chest would be nice.

Personally, I've never liked shirts that had large images on the front. Most wolf or werewolf shirts are like this, so that's why I never buy them.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

ABrownrigg wrote:Okay, I have to keep FREEBORN specific materials separate from The Pack materials.

I know it sounds strange. But if I mix the Pack up with Freeborn when it comes to merchandising, then studios that fund the movie will have rights to 'the pack ' itself.

That is a bad thing.

For this reason alone, the pack should have its own designs, and not associated with Freeborn when it comes to merchandise.

I hate that, but I'd hate to see this wonderful board here become the property of paramount, or some other studio that has no vision.

ABrownrigg
Didn't see this post before...sorry.

Nonetheless, I still stand by what I said. I, personally, would still like TA to do some original art for the pack. It doesn't have to be something that has to do with Freeborn, but I'd still like it to be original, something made just for us.

If TA couldn't do it...I guess we could have a poll to choose a pack member who could do it. Or maybe choose someone who isn't a member of the pack at all.
Goldenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Yes, -that- Goldenwolf

Post by Goldenwolf »

*raises paw* Ya know, I'd be more than happy to do a custom werewolf design for The Pack pro bono. Just throwing that out there :)
Over 25% of human genes are the same as those of a banana. Get over yourself.
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stalking the Shadows

Post by Leighlia »

That would be fantastic to have Goldenwolf do up a design for Freeborn tshirts. I'm lovin' that idea!
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Goldenwolf wrote:*raises paw* Ya know, I'd be more than happy to do a custom werewolf design for The Pack pro bono. Just throwing that out there :)

From my point of view, that would be fantastic.

However, I'd like to be certain that other members of the pack who are artists wouldn't be offended. I don't know how things in the art world work, but this might be an issue.
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stalking the Shadows

Post by Leighlia »

Ok...my mistake, I guess they would actually be Pack shirts and not Freeborn shirts. It's still all good.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

*raises paw* Ya know, I'd be more than happy to do a custom werewolf design for The Pack pro bono. Just throwing that out there
And I'd be more than happy to have some Goldenwolf art on Pack stuff :) 8)
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

same here. WHile ithink it would be cool for me to do one.. I havt to say, i'm not up to it, and goldenwolf is most DEFINETlY the best artist o nthis board, imo. so i vote goldie!
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

:o Wow goldie sweet i can't wait to see it. I am really excited now, can't wait to see what you come up with!
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked
Mood: Meh...

Post by Akugarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:Okay, I have to keep FREEBORN specific materials separate from The Pack materials.
After AB posted this, I was really hoping the following would occur:
Goldenwolf wrote:*raises paw* Ya know, I'd be more than happy to do a custom werewolf design for The Pack pro bono. Just throwing that out there :)
This is not to slight other 'Pack' artists in any way, but having an original Goldenwolf/The Pack design would be awesome.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

If I may be so bold as to say this...I love the idea of Goldie doing a design for the pack T-Shirt. However, if you are reading this Goldie, I have a request. I think all of your art is beautiful, but to me, some of it just doesn't look like werewolves. To me, some of your art consists of anthro-wolves. I make a distinction between the two. For the pack shirt, I'd prefer something more werewolfy, something more along the lines of your Kierrn.

For example:

I consider the following three pieces to be of the appropriate 'feel' and mood for the pack:

http://www.goldenwolfen.com/galleries/2004/ieatyou.jpg
http://www.goldenwolfen.com/galleries/2 ... rupted.jpg
http://www.goldenwolfen.com/galleries/2004/scenting.jpg

I don't consider these to have the appropriate mood and feel for the pack:

http://www.goldenwolfen.com/galleries/2 ... rtsong.jpg
http://www.goldenwolfen.com/galleries/2003/wolf.jpg
http://www.goldenwolfen.com/galleries/2 ... epoint.jpg

I personally would definitely prefer a werewolf that is in the bipedal 'gestalt' form. Anyway, I think that you as an artist probably understand what I mean by mood and feel, and also attitude. While I'm NOT a big fan of blood and gore on a T-shirt, I definitely want a werewolf that looks fierce. Not ugly by any means. Also, not cute and cuddly.

In other words, I want a werewolf, not an anthro wolf. Does that make sense? :wink: Anyway, this is just my preference.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

I'm just going to step in and preempt a few things I see coming. So, before everyone jumps in...

It's fine to make our preferences clear, to a minimal degree, but we need to keep in mind that Goldenwolf is kindly doing this for free and that she is very good at what she does. I would encourage everyone here to let her do her thing.

Here are some important excerpts from her FAQ:

"While I appreciate your ideas and enjoy spawning creativity, I find that other people's ideas simply do not appeal to me, so no I do not take requests. Suggestions on subject matter, though (such as what sort of animals I should draw) are always helpfull."

"Why do you no longer do commissions?"
"The reason for my resistance is because the subject or vision of the piece was not my own, and so the inspiration and drive simply were not there. I absolutely must be enthusiastic about the piece I am working on or I put it off, and put it off, and put it off. ... And if I DO get my own vision of something awesome, I feel I cannot work on it because my commissioners will get pissy that I am working on personal art and not THEIR art."

So, while it's OK (perhaps even encouraged) to give some suggestions on subject matter, please don't be demanding or try to take over. Furthermore, don't complain if we get something you don't quite like -- it's going to be nearly impossible to please every single one of us. Goldenwolf is doing us a favor, so let's not make it a hassle, okay?

By the way, thank you very much, Goldenwolf. That's a very kind offer,

-- Vilkacis
Hearth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hearth »

What if you would just put eyes of werewolves to the back of the shirt, and the logo on the front.

The eyes would look so great on the black shirt.. 8)
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Vilkacis wrote:I'm just going to step in and preempt a few things I see coming. So, before everyone jumps in...

It's fine to make our preferences clear, to a minimal degree, but we need to keep in mind that Goldenwolf is kindly doing this for free and that she is very good at what she does. I would encourage everyone here to let her do her thing.

Here are some important excerpts from her FAQ:

"While I appreciate your ideas and enjoy spawning creativity, I find that other people's ideas simply do not appeal to me, so no I do not take requests. Suggestions on subject matter, though (such as what sort of animals I should draw) are always helpfull."

"Why do you no longer do commissions?"
"The reason for my resistance is because the subject or vision of the piece was not my own, and so the inspiration and drive simply were not there. I absolutely must be enthusiastic about the piece I am working on or I put it off, and put it off, and put it off. ... And if I DO get my own vision of something awesome, I feel I cannot work on it because my commissioners will get pissy that I am working on personal art and not THEIR art."

So, while it's OK (perhaps even encouraged) to give some suggestions on subject matter, please don't be demanding or try to take over. Furthermore, don't complain if we get something you don't quite like -- it's going to be nearly impossible to please every single one of us. Goldenwolf is doing us a favor, so let's not make it a hassle, okay?

By the way, thank you very much, Goldenwolf. That's a very kind offer,

-- Vilkacis

For the record, I wasn't trying to be demanding or take over. It's just a personal preference of mine of fierce werewolves over milder anthro-wolves.

Sorry if I've offended you, Goldie. I'm sure that whatever you do will look great!
CrewWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CrewWolf »

What's wrong with mild? I understand that attitude is a personal preference of what you want to see in a werewolf, but certainly werewolves can have other moods other than mean and vicious? I'm not saying that the alternative has to be cute and cuddly, but what about dignified, intimidating, intense? Isn't the point we're trying to make with this project is that werewolves can be fierce, but they are also more than that?
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

CrewWolf wrote:What's wrong with mild? I understand that attitude is a personal preference of what you want to see in a werewolf, but certainly werewolves can have other moods other than mean and vicious? I'm not saying that the alternative has to be cute and cuddly, but what about dignified, intimidating, intense? Isn't the point we're trying to make with this project is that werewolves can be fierce, but they are also more than that?

I agree that werewolves can most certainly have other moods besides mean and vicious. I would be ok with a dignified, intimidating, and intense werewolf on the T-Shirt. But, there is still a difference between anthro wolves and werewolves. It's not so much about the fierceness that the creature itself is showing in the image, but the viewer's perceived capacity of said creature to exhibit fierceness. I really, really, don't know how to explain it, other than by saying that, to me, the character in "Heart Song" doesn't look like she could ever be frightening, but the character in "Scenting the Wind" most certainly does look like she could be quite scary, even though she's not at the moment.

I don't know if that answers your question. I don't think it does. But, I tried.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Excelsia wrote:For the record, I wasn't trying to be demanding or take over. It's just a personal preference of mine of fierce werewolves over milder anthro-wolves.
Similarly for the record, I thought yours fell easily within the suggestions category, so I wasn't trying to criticize you or anything like that. I just forsaw the possibility that people would start jumping in with a bunch of demands. I didn't want to see that happen.

Suggestions and ideas are fine, but we're not the ones deciding on the design.

-- Vilkacis
CrewWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CrewWolf »

Excelsia wrote:
CrewWolf wrote:What's wrong with mild? I understand that attitude is a personal preference of what you want to see in a werewolf, but certainly werewolves can have other moods other than mean and vicious? I'm not saying that the alternative has to be cute and cuddly, but what about dignified, intimidating, intense? Isn't the point we're trying to make with this project is that werewolves can be fierce, but they are also more than that?

I agree that werewolves can most certainly have other moods besides mean and vicious. I would be ok with a dignified, intimidating, and intense werewolf on the T-Shirt. But, there is still a difference between anthro wolves and werewolves. It's not so much about the fierceness that the creature itself is showing in the image, but the viewer's perceived capacity of said creature to exhibit fierceness. I really, really, don't know how to explain it, other than by saying that, to me, the character in "Heart Song" doesn't look like she could ever be frightening, but the character in "Scenting the Wind" most certainly does look like she could be quite scary, even though she's not at the moment.

I don't know if that answers your question. I don't think it does. But, I tried.
I don't know, perhaps I just don't understand this concept of being able to perceive the capacity something has of having a certain attitude just by looking at a snapshot of it. When I look at those two pictures you mentioned, I see two weres, both similar in build and appeance disregarding coloration and tone of background. But when you get down to it, they're both wolves, both as capable of looking ferocious and scary or any other mood a wolf is capable of. They both have muzzles to snarl and smile with and claws to slash and swat with. I don't see how one is any less capable than the other.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that at the end of the day, these two werewolves are one in the same.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/ ... pywolf.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/ ... rywolf.jpg
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

CrewWolf wrote: I don't know, perhaps I just don't understand this concept of being able to perceive the capacity something has of having a certain attitude just by looking at a snapshot of it. When I look at those two pictures you mentioned, I see two weres, both similar in build and appeance disregarding coloration and tone of background. But when you get down to it, they're both wolves, both as capable of looking ferocious and scary or any other mood a wolf is capable of. They both have muzzles to snarl and smile with and claws to slash and swat with. I don't see how one is any less capable than the other.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that at the end of the day, these two werewolves are one in the same.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/ ... pywolf.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/ ... rywolf.jpg

Well, I'm sorry I can't explain my point of view better. You are entitled to your opinion, but then again, so am I.

I don't want to get into an argument about this. I think that Goldie probably knows what I mean, but of course it's entirely up to her what she decides to draw. I'm sure that whatever it is will be gorgeous.
CrewWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CrewWolf »

You're right, the design will be great. I'm just being nitpicky about whatever again. :wolfbird:
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I'm going to PM Goldie... I might still be able to afford a run of shirts after Xmas, whenever she's ready... *PMs Goldie*
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Hearth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hearth »

I just checked some of Goldie's pictures.

All I can say is wow.

*mind explodes*

:supermad:
Goldenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Yes, -that- Goldenwolf

Post by Goldenwolf »

Heh heh, don't worry guys. I will definetly be getting pack input here :) I'll work up some concept sketches and will see what works best for everyone. I, personally, would love to do a snarly-type werewolf, but some people are going to want me to do my kinder, gentler anthros. So I'll do designs for both, and everyone can vote on it :)
Over 25% of human genes are the same as those of a banana. Get over yourself.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

I'd love a snarly Werewolf Shirt!!! :x Goldie your So UBER!!!! :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo