CDs for $5!

Commissions offers, art for sale, auctions, etc.
Baphnedia

CDs for $5!

Post by Baphnedia »

To help with the “Burden of the Buck’, independent artists make their music available for $5 an album.

Janesville, WI, and all across the country: There’s been a lot of talk about how prices keep getting higher, though not too much is said from those trying to ease the burden. A little light is shed on one form of that endeavor.

At the independent music superstore known as CD Baby, there’s been a sale that’s always quietly going on. It’s called the $5 Special. Right now, there are over 10,000 quality albums, whose artists are participating in the sale. The music covers every genre known to man, and some that don’t “exist’ yet.

The way the sale works is quite simple. Find three albums that are a part of the sale, such as “An Open Mind” by Louis Lamp and add them to your shopping cart. Once three albums are in the cart, their list prices all change to five dollars. So long as you order a minimum of 3, you can get as many albums as you like.

Independent artists from all over the country are participating in this sale, and for some, it’s just their way of saying “thanks for listening’. Each album listing comes with a description of the music, reviews (if any) and samples of the music. You may listen to the samples as often as you like, but the samples are only the first two minutes of the song, or half of the song; if it is shorter than four minutes.

Usually, a link to the artist’s website and a link to email the artist are also present. CD Baby has sold well over a million albums to customers, and their customer support and shipping departments are top notch. If you’re in the Portland area, it may be best to also stop by CD Baby and meet the crew that’s helping you.

Louis Lamp is one of the aforementioned independent artists. His debut album, “An Open Mind” is currently available through the $5 sale at CD Baby. He is currently working on music to support the movie Wolf — The Animated Feature, and his next solo album. He is also working on a project known as Prime 7. The other artists in that project are Wade Bachrach, Jimmy Caterine, Gonzo Grogg and Michael Jordet.

# # #

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/louislamp
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

There's more artists doing things like that.

Slick Idiot http://www.slickidiot.com had an interesting distributorship with their last album, "Screwtinized." They put it out to the fans to send them $50, and in exchange for that the fans would get 8 copies that they could then resell. Worked out to about $7.15 per CD since obviously you're going to keep one CD for yourself. I actually held aside two, have sold five for $10 each, and have one left (anyone wanna buy it?).

According to En Esch they did well with that arrangement and really integrated the fan force into the operation.
ImageImageImageImage
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Well, let me tell you this then. You can do the same with my albums. Run CD Baby out of stock! :) The only thing to that is that two of the albums you order have to be other albums in the special sale. So, for $50 + S&H, you'd get 8 albums of mine, and two albums for yourself. Chances are that it'll cost a total of less than $7.15 per copy - but I'll let you figure that out. :)
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I'll let you know...financials are kinda tight right now, as you can imagine...
ImageImageImageImage