Pack Logo, Duckies, and other secrets...

The place for anything at all...
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Pack Logo, Duckies, and other secrets...

Post by ChaosWolf »

Well, by now we've all seen the official logo (and many of us are already planning on getting some T-shirts/posters/hats/coffeemugs/neckties/mousepads/panties/whatever with the logo on it when they become available...) but the real question is...

Where will it be in the movie?

It's a well-known fact that filmmakers love slipping in little in-jokes into their movies (Pixar being notorious for some of theirs, such as a bookshelf in Toy Story bearing the names of some of the director's early animations as book titles, and the name of one of the lead animator's pets being put on a vehicle license-plate in the same movie)

So, here's where we can suggest places for the filmmakers to slip in OUR little in-jokes and references, such as the Pack logo, the now-infamous "Duckies", and maybe even a Packmember name or two... Maybe an ad for Calypso Blue Spa and Resort? A storefront labeled Figarou Home Electronics? Post your ideas here... maybe the filmmakers might pick one!
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Pack Logo, Duckies, and other secrets...

Post by Figarou »

ChaosWolf wrote:Well, by now we've all seen the official logo (and many of us are already planning on getting some T-shirts/posters/hats/coffeemugs/neckties/mousepads/panties/whatever with the logo on it when they become available...) but the real question is...

Where will it be in the movie?

It's a well-known fact that filmmakers love slipping in little in-jokes into their movies (Pixar being notorious for some of theirs, such as a bookshelf in Toy Story bearing the names of some of the director's early animations as book titles, and the name of one of the lead animator's pets being put on a vehicle license-plate in the same movie)

So, here's where we can suggest places for the filmmakers to slip in OUR little in-jokes and references, such as the Pack logo, the now-infamous "Duckies", and maybe even a Packmember name or two... Maybe an ad for Calypso Blue Spa and Resort? A storefront labeled Figarou Home Electronics? Post your ideas here... maybe the filmmakers might pick one!

Hmmm.....I say let them slip it in without us knowing. It takes the fun away when we are watching the film.
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

I said we can suggest places... I never once said they had to tell us. :wink:

The fun part will be, when the movie comes out, watching it for the nth time in a row, looking for the in-jokes and seeing if they picked one we may have suggested.

Or, better yet, looking for Pack-themed easter eggs on the DVD... :lol:
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
akujiwolf

Post by akujiwolf »

Lmao, im sure we'll have plenty of little jokes so you can buy lots of tickets to go see it......>> << >>
~Request Entertainment Member~ (we get T-Shirts!) Also if there is a problem that you feel needs to be addressed please contact me immediately.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ChaosWolf wrote:I said we can suggest places... I never once said they had to tell us. :wink:

The fun part will be, when the movie comes out, watching it for the nth time in a row, looking for the in-jokes and seeing if they picked one we may have suggested.

Or, better yet, looking for Pack-themed easter eggs on the DVD... :lol:
I can already see the pack logo as the menu icon on the DVD. :D

Well, I can think of many places. It just depends on the environment. You can have the stars in the night sky take shape of a duckie or the pack logo. A small bush can be a shape of a duckie in a park. Its endless.
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Nah, I was thinking less-obvious items... ones only obsessive freaks like us would spot... Small, subtle background stuff, maybe only on-camera for a few seconds, like this...

Know where you could find Sailor Moon in the movie "Ransom"? One of the children of a stagehand loved the show, so as a subtle-injoke of his own, the prop guy added it to a scene; one of the kidnappers has a Sailor Moon video tucked into a pile of VHS tapes he's holding on one scene - the name "SAILOR MOON" is clearly visible for a second or two as the tapes pass into view of the camera as the kidnapper walks across the room -- THAT's subtle!

That's the kind of in-joke ideas I'm wanting to see you guys come up with - sneaky, subtle stuff you'd need to be actively hunting for to notice, not big obvious things like a duck-shaped bush or a DVD menu icon... Be creative!
My Werewolf Code!:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ChaosWolf wrote:Nah, I was thinking less-obvious items... ones only obsessive freaks like us would spot... Small, subtle background stuff, maybe only on-camera for a few seconds, like this...

Know where you could find Sailor Moon in the movie "Ransom"? One of the children of a stagehand loved the show, so as a subtle-injoke of his own, the prop guy added it to a scene; one of the kidnappers has a Sailor Moon video tucked into a pile of VHS tapes he's holding on one scene - the name "SAILOR MOON" is clearly visible for a second or two as the tapes pass into view of the camera as the kidnapper walks across the room -- THAT's subtle!

That's the kind of in-joke ideas I'm wanting to see you guys come up with - sneaky, subtle stuff you'd need to be actively hunting for to notice, not big obvious things like a duck-shaped bush or a DVD menu icon... Be creative!

Those were just a few examples I posted eariler. Easy stuff to find. Let me get my brain into gear and I'll post what I can come up with.

As for the DVD menu icon, I meant when we have the DVD in our hot little paws. Not in the movie itself.
ShadowWolf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by ShadowWolf »

Okay, here's a a couple ideas for easter eggs/in jokes.

A guy is rummaging through someones gym bag/locker/apartment (or whatever) throwing items everywhere and eventually ends up throwing a rubber duckie

There's a scene that has a computer somewhere in the background, and on the screen is the main page for The Pack website or maybe even this messageboard

That's all I got for now...
NightStorm
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightStorm »

hehe I like the duckie Idea...Ooooh can we have NightStorm Body Art somewhere in the film :lol:
Xodiac
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xodiac »

Jewelry. Rings, necklaces, earrings, etc. can all have the logo on it. I'm sure a closeup somewhere would get a glimpse of it.

A poster on somebody's bedroom wall can show the logo along with some made-up band name.

It can also be a piece of sculpture in someone's living room.

A rubber duckie in a bathtub, or elsewhere. Maybe one of the characters has a rubber duckie collection.

One of the scenes could take place with a duck pond in the background. Dialogue could be written to use the duckies swimming around to make a point, though don't ask me what. But then you have a visual and audio easter egg!

As for pack member names, there's three spots I can think where they'd fit in naturally. One is, as ChaosWolf suggested, in the form of storefront names. Another is in the form of street names - "I live on Akuji Way." Either of those only works for certain names, though. You'll never see WolvenOne Burgers, or Chaos Way. (Though I can imagine a Xodiac Snack Foods brand...) To be able to insert any packmember's name they decide to put in, the best way is to leave them in their natural setting: online. If one of the characters, for any reason, goes online to chat or email or do research on what is happening to him, a packmember's nick could easily be used as the person he's talking to, other people in the same chat room, names on a list of contacts, the admin of the werewolf info site he visits, whatever.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Xodiac wrote: As for pack member names, there's three spots I can think where they'd fit in naturally. One is, as ChaosWolf suggested, in the form of storefront names. Another is in the form of street names - "I live on Akuji Way." Either of those only works for certain names, though. You'll never see WolvenOne Burgers, or Chaos Way. (Though I can imagine a Xodiac Snack Foods brand...) To be able to insert any packmember's name they decide to put in, the best way is to leave them in their natural setting: online. If one of the characters, for any reason, goes online to chat or email or do research on what is happening to him, a packmember's nick could easily be used as the person he's talking to, other people in the same chat room, names on a list of contacts, the admin of the werewolf info site he visits, whatever.

The city is the easiest place to hide names. Its going to be tough to add all of the members names to be fair with everyone. It'll be cool to see an 18 wheeler drive by that says "Figarou's Transportation Service" on the side. You can have street names, city names, store names, product names, ETC.

As for a duckie in the bathroom. Thats a common place to see it. Have it peeking through a grandfather clock. Someplace you don't expect to see it.