Necklace's. Discussion&Info-NOT Request Thread-CLOSED

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stalking the Shadows

Necklace's. Discussion&Info-NOT Request Thread-CLOSED

Post by Leighlia »

Hey everyone. Ok, I'm probably jumping the gun here a little, but I'm excited and wanted to get something out now. It's my obsessive compulsive nature, I know. :lol:

As I stated in another thread, I have volunteered to help in the distribution of pack necklaces and have since recieved word back from Robert Maszk about it. I'll quote his email... :D

"More info... I spoke to Tony today and this is the deal. He is planning to make a master mold for the necklaces and make a bunch of them appx 200 after the first of the year. What we need is someone willing to distribute them to the pack member that ask for one. We would bulk ship them to you and you could then send them out individually. The pack people will need to pay for shipping. We would not expect you to pay for all tht shipping. We do not want to charge for the necklaces themselves either. Essentially it would be your "baby" and you would handle it as you saw fit. The only stipulation is that anyone that askes for one gets one and we would prefer not to send batches to the same person. This is not a for profit deal, just a thank you to our pack members. Please let me know if you would still like to help. You are 1 of 4 that offered to help and I am waiting for replies from them as well."

Ok, so my thoughts are that I can use my paypal account as one option once I figure out how much shipping cost would be, but open to suggestions. I'm thinking that it's gonna be very little since they don't weigh that much. I can also forward my address (privately) to those who don't have credit cards or checking accounts I suppose. I'll make a trip to the postoffice with an envelope of 6 quarters and see how much it weighs. I remember someone, I think it was Scott, who said that they weigh about the same as 5 or 6 american quarters. I know destination has a lot to do with it so I'm sure we can come up with an average or something.

?? So...I'm looking for thoughts and ideas. I don't want to handle this my own way and tick people off. Last thing I need is a lot of slavering wolves on my doorstep getting all nasty. Obviously we are talking one per person here so no grabbies as numbers will be limited.

I thought I'd put this out there so a consensus can be reached since this is for everyone.

Please don't bombard us with requests for a necklace quite yet. I'll post when I get them in the mail, and am ready to send. I just wanted to get feedback from the members first.
Last edited by Leighlia on Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

What you're probably going to want to do with the post office is actually go in and talk to the people there for how much shipping something so small out can be at cheapest.

The Post Office knows best. Getting an ideal, uniform price to ship is the basis of the entire thing and they do a good job with some wierd things I bring in. The bubble lined envolopes are great to send necklaces in, just so you know. That's how I send and usually recieve any necklaces from eBay. The small jewelry boxes work good too.

As for the payment thing -- I think paypal is fine but I think that needs to be discussed thoroughly as to how to approach the paypal thing and the basic bombardment of people who will want necklaces. Because you have a quantity, and you can't necessarily have people purchasing over said quantity that you have.

I think the basis that needs to be handled is how the Paypal thing will function (because I have an idea people will be chomping at the bit) and the criteria of purchasing said item so that there isn't a total overload of people ordering over the quantity. Otherwise Paypal is a good idea, so long as you'll filter through people.

As far as people without paypal -- I have it so that's another issue but not mine to comment on.

Hopefully once it's all said and done it should run smoothly for you.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

One issue that I am concerned about is people who just joined wanting a necklace, possible resulting in those people getting a necklace over people who've been here awhile. That is why I think that perhaps post count should play a factor in who gets one. Obviously it shouldn't be the only factor, since many of our members have posted very little and yet contributed so much (i.e. Goldie). But I definitely don't think some person with three posts should be able to get a necklace. This is all just IMO, of course.

Edit: I just looked at the post counts in the memberlist. The 200th member has 11 posts. So, I think maybe the minimum number of posts to get a necklace should be about 12 or 13 or something.
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

Well, that is the reason that I put this thread up....for input. Although I, for one, have to agree somewhat with Excelsia. Perhaps those that have been here longest, waiting and waiting, as apposed to those of us who are newer should have some seniority. But that is my humble opinion.

I know I'm realitively new here and lower man on the totem pole, so to speak. This is my best attempt to be a part of everything without rehashing old topics which have been discussed thourougly. Most ideas and thoughts that I've had or have I see are already posted by others and I felt silly just posting things like "Yeah, me too."

Still, on the flip side of the arguement, Mr. Maszk did state
The only stipulation is that anyone that askes for one gets one and we would prefer not to send batches to the same person.
SO....onward and forward....there's plenty of time between now and then to hash this all out. I know there are a few out there lucky enough to have recieved one personally from the hand of the creator himself...(lucky dogs, no pun intended). I invite input from them as well...as unbiased opinions.....please.... :|
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Okay, my suggestion is to go by "joined on" date. start with number one. (hmm, me okay got one), and go from there. set up blocks first 100, then up to 200 and so on. And of course I think over ten posts or so within that first hundred, is a good number, I of course don't have the power to make that decsion myself, but it's just a thought.

Sheesh, I never expected so many members when this whole thing started.. my brain is exploding.
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

if you build it, they will come :P
I think AB's plan sounds good (ten post requirement included)
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Lone_Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lone_Wolf »

ABrownrigg wrote:Okay, my suggestion is to go by "joined on" date. start with number one. (hmm, me okay got one), and go from there. set up blocks first 100, then up to 200 and so on. And of course I think over ten posts or so within that first hundred, is a good number, I of course don't have the power to make that decsion myself, but it's just a thought.

Sheesh, I never expected so many members when this whole thing started.. my brain is exploding.
Okay I'll volunteer to put everybody into Excel if that's how everybody wants it done. I figure I'd be pretty good about it being I have no chance of being in the first 200 anyway lol... Even though I do realise I'm pretty new still so if you aren't comfortable with that it's fine too. (Edit: there may actually be an easier way, wow, that's a lot of members :P )
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

I already did it.
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Lone_Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lone_Wolf »

Fenrir wrote:I already did it.
Well that sure helps!
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

yep got to number 109 and still counting
just quit cause my hand started to hurt.
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

Okay I'll volunteer to put everybody into Excel if that's how everybody wants it done. I figure I'd be pretty good about it being I have no chance of being in the first 200 anyway lol... Even though I do realise I'm pretty new still so if you aren't comfortable with that it's fine too. (Edit: there may actually be an easier way, wow, that's a lot of members )
Well, if I had excel I'd do it and sort it on a pivot point table for the top 100 according to join date and post numbers....but I don't got excel unfortunately. That does seem to be the fairest way to go.

I'm gonna see what I can come up with...sort of preliminary list...but I'll have to use tables in word. *toddles off to work*
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

The Admin is gonna kill me but here it is the top 200
ah DOn't kill me but the list might be subject to change

1.Xodiac
2.WolvenOne
3.Tigerwolf
4.Goldenwolf
5.Sporty Fox
6.Darksong17
7.TakeWalker
8.Terastas
9.dD
10.Treads Lightly
11.runningwolf
12.Silverclaw
13.Silverfang
14.Figarou
15.Soty
16.Lurch
17.ShadowFang
18.akujiwolf
19.Nouska
20.Winter
21.Apokryltaros
22.Werewolf
23.SnowWalker
24.artman
25.Vuldari
26.dlc31
27.Lasthowl
28.ANTIcarrot.
29.Think-Harder
30.KitsuneKit
31.iolarnula
32.LoupGarou
33.kita
34.Darth Canis
35.Starfury
36.SGrayWolf
37.Tovam
38.JoeDarkfall
39.ChaosWolf
40.Mr_Lycos
41.Scott Gardener
42.Alpha
43.Darkmoon
44.Reilune
45.Silver
46.CrewWolf
47.ShadowWolf
48.Coyote
49.WordWolf
50.Nemy
51.Marcwolf
52.Baphnedia
53.netherwurm
54.Razo wolf
55.NightStorm
56.Howling Fan
57.Wyla
58.Krissy
59.Bowtie
60.Jakkal
61.Bladewing
62.What Mafia
63Bete
64.lupinsmile
65.Plaid
66.NightSlash
67.WolfVanZandt
68.SabreWereWolfQueen_84
69.Blade-of-the-Moon
70.Lycanthrope
71.Rodentia
72.Shadowblaze
73.Mitternacht
74.Noa
75.Aki
76.Searif
77.silverpaw
78.Nirvelli
79.Kwipper
80.jwoulf
81.Redstorm
82.Rwolf
83.CrypticIdentity
84.Vilkacis
85.Jamie
86.outwarddoodles
87.Akugarou
88.Ozone Grif
89.Arania
90.fredriksam
91.Rogue_A
92..Wolfhanyou
93.Lucifer
94.Beastofgaia
95.Ashwinder
96.Wolfess
97.Jasanni
98.Autumn Sunrise
99.mielikkishunt
100.Noel
101.Kretel
102.nekocj
103.CroweBasalt
104.Kavik
105.THE ONE AND ONLY
106.Redfeather the Defender
107.Nitruswolf
108.Ochiba
109.Fenrir
110.Rooster Urlakane
111.bluephoenix
112.Raina The Werewolf Queen
113.Apharoh
114.Doruk Golcu
115.Cody
116.wolf lady
117.Lukoi
118.Hamster
119.JonathanBaine
120.Koshaw
121.Morkulv
122.LoboLEO
123.Vicious
124.AladasianTheMeerkat
125.Wynd
126.IblisPendragon
127.waywolf
128.Lupin
129.Goldwolfin
130.Vehemori
131.Anubis
132.Shadow Wulf
133.Dreamerwolf
134.TrotFox
135.Cassandra
136.JamieD
137.Lycanthrop55
138.DarkWolf
139.InViSibLe_2_aLL
140.Damien
141.Kirk Hammett
142.Mercedes_Maxwell
143.Trinity
144.PariahPoet
145.Phoenix Ravenwolf
146.WereDog
147.kindar
148.Chibiabos
149.Kamara
150.Darum
151.BloodStar_Moon
152.23Jarden
153.Silver Bengal Tiger
154.Black Shuck
155.Faolan Ruadh
156.Evil One
157.Lazywolf
158.Excelsia
159.vrikasatma
160.dnl
161.Dyviath
162.Merrypaws
163.Spirit of the Wolf
164.Nightspirit
165.Kaebora
166.Rex Wolf
167..Moon.Strider.
168.NarnianWolfen
169.Kotig
170.Shaun
171.Petard
172.KnownToBite
173.Ghostwolf
174.Bay-of-sorrows
175.lycancomplex
176.WOLF
177.Miguel
178.Akela
179.Crimson_Alchemist
180.Se-gi of the wolves
181.Prowler
182.Wolveblade
183.bloodwolf_345
184.Ralith Lupus
185.Curan
186.Night-claw
187.Zire
188.ArpegiusWolf
189.AlphaOokami
190.Nyx
191.greniar
192.shey
193.Timber-WoIf
194.Kurayami_Ookami
195.MidniteWolf
196.Mix Bouda-Lycaon
197.celtwolf
198.sonnyboo
199.Ink
200.LiL_Stenly

-Satyricon
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Ah, glad to see this getting on the road. ^_^

-- Vilkacis
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Woohoo, 158, baby! :lol:
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

Coolz.

Though, in the end I might be on or off the boat in this one... but still cool regarding how fast this is getting organized...

199 (as it seems to stand) -- By the skin of one's teeth. :P
Last edited by Ink on Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

159, right on your tail! :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

Wow, Fenrir...that was fast....*tossing away what I'd started.* :redx:

Yeah...well, I fall at #209 unless someone above me hops on the post-it train.... Interestingly enough, if we go by these standards, we only need 212 necklaces, by my count. Is there a point where we "lock-in" this list? I mean, I don't want to have someone coming back and saying that their posts numbers are higher than someone else who recieved one later.

So...My main question is this...Of these first 200...how do we know who has left the forum never to return? I mean...what if they haven't posted since like January or before?

My thoughts center around contacting them all, by pm and email when possible with the question, do you want it and specifics on what to do when they become available. In this case a deadline should be set for response. No response in the allotted time and they are bumped to the bottom, the necklace passing to the next name in order on the list.

I guess in short my concern is over those that joined, contributed some and left.

Completing the list above I will add (in order)....

201.Moonstalker
202.MuDD
203.Cicatriz_Astral
204.Lone_Wolf
205.Alteron
206. chezarawolf
207. kitetsu
208. Ultraken
209. Leighlia
210. 00airknight
211. anarchy
212. Grayheart
Last edited by Leighlia on Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Leighlia wrote:Wow, Fenrir...that was fast....*tossing away what I'd started.* :redx:

Yeah...well, I fall at #208 unless someone above me hops on the post-it train....

So...My question is this...Of these first 200...a few of these have only 10 and some less than 25. These have joined WAY back when. So how do we know who has left the forum never to return? I mean...what if they haven't posted since like January or before?

My thoughts center around contacting them all, by pm and email when possible with the question, do you want it and specifics on what to do when they become available. In this case a deadline should be set for response. No response in the allotted time and they are bumped to the bottom, the necklace passing to the next name in order on the list.

I guess in short my concern is over those that joined, contributed some and left.

I suppose the ultimate choice for how to handle this should be up to Anthony, but I would actually think that going by total post count rather than joined date would be the better way to go. That way, people like you and Lone Wolf would still be included. Also, this way we would be more likely to get a response from people, I think. The way we have it now, we have to contact all those people, wait for a response, then move down to the next name if we don't get one. If we go by total post count, once we've contacted the top 200, there will be no need to contact others, I think. After all, the 200th person had 11 posts, and I don't think anyone who has any less than that is even really worth contacting. If a group of people all have the same post count and some fall within the top 200 and some not, then their join date could be the tie breaker.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts on how I would go about it. Of course, this would have to be done long before publicity for Freeborn starts occuring rampantly, or else noobs might show up and skew the numbers by making useless posts, just so they can get a necklace. Or, perhaps a list could simply be compiled relatively soon, and after that list is made, no changes will be allowed.

Honestly, I really don't know. You guys handle it however you want, those are just my thoughts.
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

I was just editing my post as you were quoting it Excelsia and asked the same question. Should we "lock-in" the list now....or later. New people joining and hopping into a thread like the Word association, building their posts up quickly is my concern as well. This isn't really contributing.
Ink
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ink »

I think the post count needs to be higher. Just out of respect to the people that have given to this community. 20, 25 or even 30 posts or something.

That gives a better scope to people who've participated and people who showed up for a week or less and toddled off.

But that's my own opinion. I mean, it doesn't take long to force a body of a count, so that's not truly reliable itself -- but 10 posts is pretty skimpy for 'contribution' to put people on a list while other people are actually sticking with it. I think this goes for people with senorities over the rest even moreso simply because they've had time to get an esteemed post count.

That's how I see it.
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

Ok, so I jumped the gun just a bit. Mr. Maszk has emailed me asking me not to say anything yet, but since I've seen Anythony Brownrigg himself post here I'm only gonna sweat it a little. Still, I'd like to see more discussion like the one that's been going on regarding requirements or givng fresh ideas on the matter. I just want everyone on the same page so no one can say they didn't know later on.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

I don't need to be on the list. I already have one. :D
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

I'm pretty much clueless about everything here. I'd love a necklace, but I don't have a paypal account AND I live all the way up here, in Finland, so the shipping would cost something.
I really can't figure out how to pay for the shipping. :(
Do we really need the solution? Couldn't we just enjoy the problem for now?
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Leighlia wrote:Wow, Fenrir...that was fast....*tossing away what I'd started.* :redx:

Yeah...well, I fall at #209 unless someone above me hops on the post-it train.... Interestingly enough, if we go by these standards, we only need 212 necklaces, by my count. Is there a point where we "lock-in" this list? I mean, I don't want to have someone coming back and saying that their posts numbers are higher than someone else who recieved one later.

So...My main question is this...Of these first 200...how do we know who has left the forum never to return? I mean...what if they haven't posted since like January or before?

Ya i worried about that too, I was planning on adding how many posts they have, but i can tell you now if you don't remember them the have less the 20 I think, not including the new ones

Ink wrote:I think the post count needs to be higher. Just out of respect to the people that have given to this community. 20, 25 or even 30 posts or something.
All depends on what Mr. Brownrigg wants to do.
Figarou wrote:I don't need to be on the list. I already have one.
I knew that and argued with myself about putting you on the list but I can change it if you want.

-Satyricon
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Merrypaws wrote:I'm pretty much clueless about everything here. I'd love a necklace, but I don't have a paypal account AND I live all the way up here, in Finland, so the shipping would cost something.
I really can't figure out how to pay for the shipping. :(
I thought they were free are they still?

-Satyricon