What Constitutes a Member?

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

And maybe to join you have to have a min of five to ten posts. Just so that people can't just join the pack for the sake of saying that you are part of it.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Darth Canis wrote:And maybe to join you have to have a min of five to ten posts. Just so that people can't just join the pack for the sake of saying that you are part of it.

Im waaaaay past that. :D
NightStorm
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightStorm »

Damn...I get ground for a week and this is what happens :o

well and don't know about you...but what about teen who don't have cash to burn on the joining but still want to :? ...(coughlikemecough)
Krissy
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Krissy »

but what about teen who don't have cash to burn on the joining but still want to
This is what I'm thinking... I definitely want to be considered as part of The Pack, but I don't have cash on hand to just send out for a t-shirt and ID card. But maybe if something like that weren't too expensive, I might have something saved up by then. And hey -- any profit made by anything like this could be put towards the better production of our movie.
:D

And just a nagging curiosity -- What's to stop others (who might have found and browsed through this site but didn't necessarily join) from seeing the offer of the ID and t-shirts, and buying one themselves? They could then falsely claim to have helped, and that's just wrong. Perhaps along with the money, we should send our account information when sending out for these Pack items?
Wild and Wonderful,
Catamountess

~know not of thy presence,
till thy breath stirs the hairs on your neck~

Post by Guest »

Not to complain about the idea of a members fee but I would be unable to pay such a thing becuase, A. I'm constantly broke and B. I have no online setup for such a payment. As for the posting limit I don't type too fast so I don't post as much as I would like to, but I try my best. :D
While I do not oppose these ideas (I think they're quite good), and I'd like to remind everyone that there will always be exeptions or problems regarding them.

Post by Guest »

Sorry that last one was me, I thought I was logged in.
Drake Arrokh
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Drake Arrokh »

Sorry the site logged me out or something those last 2 came from me.
And if it does it again Me would be Drake Arrokh.
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by ShadowFang »

I think a collar tag would be pretty bad a**.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Aware Magazine subscription

Post by Scott Gardener »

I look forward to the point at which I can profess to be a card-carrying werewolf. However, since I'm a therian and I carry credit cards and an I.D., I could arguably say I am one now.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Winter
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Winter »

Hmmmm alot of interesting idea's. :(
Faolchu
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Faolchu »

Well, if it's numbers of posts, that'll probably knock me out of the running...

Oh, cruel fate that locks away my time in the bottle of infinite responsibilities... Yea, would that I had but a draught of your heady wine, so that I may contribute to the Pack in ways more meaningful than that of a pitiful lurker!

:o

Okay, one way to look at it is this. There's less than 200 people on this board. Many sites have literally thousands.

Would it not be fair to say that anyone who actually managed to run across or hear about this site (implying that they already frequented sites about, and had a love of werewolves and such, beforehand) and is willing to take the time to sign up, and state their views (helping to support the goal of the "Ultimate Werewolf Movie") could be considered a member of "The Pack"?

Also, I see no reason why the makers of this film would want to potentially shut out others who would want to contribute just as much as the rest of us who signed up here, just because they got word of it later than we did, or like me, don't have the time to post tons of stuff... Frankly, the more people that hear about it and want to get involved, the better!! They may be making this movie as a labor of love, but I bet they'd like to sell more than 200 copies of it (and I _know_ their investors would)... Any form of elietism on our part only hurts the cause! By that thought process, shouldn't we want everyone we can to be part of the Pack, giving support and encouragement to the makers of this film?

As for "Pack" specific merchandise, T-shirts would be a neat way of helping advertize and spread the word about the movie, sure. It could even be done in a way that they could offer "special" shirts to "Pack" members- as a show of appreciation for support... Maybe something as simple as having the same T-shirts available to everyone, but possessing something like "Part of the Pack" or somesuch on the back, which would only be available to members of this board?

Just a few thoughts :D
"Now, as then, 'tis simple truth; Sweetest tongue has sharpest tooth..."

Charles Perrault "Petit Chaperon Rouge"
Stone Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Stone Wolf »

If they charge a fee I certainly won't be able to pay for it, for the simple fact that I am flat broke :cry: .... Although I do like the idea of a membership card. It would distiguish who contributed to the production of the film and who didn't... It's also like the producers of the movie saying, "Thank you all for you help".
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

:lol: HAve one of those. But a Tshirt with the pack symbol on it would e good, and perhaps it says under it "A proud member of The Pack" with a tiny duckie in the sorcer or some such.
Stone Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Stone Wolf »

I would wear that :D
Starfury
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Starfury »

I think almost all of us agree on one thing. Pick a set of criteria and all of us will strive to meet it, because we are all majorly devoted fans of this film now. As for what the criteria is, I don't want to have to spam 100 posts on here just to be an official member of the pack, it's quality not quantity. And as far as money goes, I'm all for pitching a few bucks in to help the movie and getting some unique, kick a** stuff that isn't available to the general public.