The Pack - The Game?

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

If its based in a Modern setting, sans the 'gothic Punk' element, I'm sure you'd be safe. But Most horror tales invovle some sort of darkness and despair.

So the options are fairly simple. Fluffy-bunny stlye, or Modern non-horror style. Anythign else, does indeed, tred close too White Wolf setting material. They claim 'Gotic punk' in the 'Modern setting'.

High Science Fiction style would be something differetn and new. Sci-Fi Horror is one of my personal favorite genre's that not widely written compared to some of the other more widely popular genre. ( Aliens, War of the Worlds, Predator, for example. )

High Fantasy, with werewolves as playable characters, haven't been really touched upon except in some instances with D&D, Gurps, or the Pallidium Series ( as far as I can remember ). Even then they were limited as 'evil' or 'neutral' creatures that could only advance so far.

Something along the lines of 'Elfquest' would be intresting, as its a Fantasy based setting, with a historial/science fiction base to back it as well. Very intriguing.

But the question still stands.

What do people -want- to play? What setting? Drama based? Hack and Slash based? A little of both.

A Board game? :D

heh
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

High Fantasy, with werewolves as playable characters, haven't been really touched upon except in some instances with D&D, Gurps, or the Pallidium Series ( as far as I can remember ). Even then they were limited as 'evil' or 'neutral' creatures that could only advance so far.
Morrowind's Bloodmoon Expansion allowed the player to play as a Werewolf. ;)

Wasn't too limiting aside from the time-contstraints of shifting every night at 9 PM and back to human at 6 AM.

:D

But now i think i'm leaning more towards fantasy. :P
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Trinity »

Aki wrote:
Morrowind's Bloodmoon Expansion allowed the player to play as a Werewolf. ;)

Wasn't too limiting aside from the time-contstraints of shifting every night at 9 PM and back to human at 6 AM.

:D

But now i think i'm leaning more towards fantasy. :P
AHH! Now see here is the other thought that needs to be addressed as well. I' am more of a Table Top (TT ) RPG player ( IE Book RPG ).

But there are board games, Video games, LARPS ( Live Action Role play ), etc..,

So what form should this fall into? Multiple?

I'm not one to actually delve into most VG-RPG ( Video Game RPG ), they don't hold the intrest for me as does actually interacting with real people, face to face. Even online chat rpg's Play-By=Email gamnes, forum games, etc just don't have the same flavor for me.

Now on the other hand most folks enjoy their Video games, and have not ever touched anything that I am describing.

Another idea is that, perhaps, it could be a multi-spanning market. BUT the first form of it has to be made. :)

~~~~~~~~

As for the RPG game, I'd be more then willing to offer up the 'World' I've created years ago. Well two of them.. but still ;)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

How about human special forces vs werewolf warriors, humans have good accuracy, while a werewolf can still use a gun aswell, just big guns like mini gun, and rocket launcher, something like that ,and they could move with it faster than a human, and werewolfs should regenerate twice as fast as a human(You should have humans regenerate, just slowly). something like that would be good, like aliens vs predators.I know you guys are gonna hate me for this, but you should have werewolfs climb on walls and ceiling, but not the spiderman style, I mean digging thier claws into the walls and climb, but they can only do it on certain serfaces/
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lycanthrop55
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

how about this

Post by Lycanthrop55 »

how about we have werewolves form germany taking place during world awar two and stuff like that like nazi germany werewolves verses allied werewolf russian american and british werewolves what do you think of that?
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Re: how about this

Post by Anubis »

Lycanthrop55 wrote:how about we have werewolves form germany taking place during world awar two and stuff like that like nazi germany werewolves verses allied werewolf russian american and british werewolves what do you think of that?
very intersting
THE GAME

My Armory
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Re: how about this

Post by Aki »

wolf marine wrote:
Lycanthrop55 wrote:how about we have werewolves form germany taking place during world awar two and stuff like that like nazi germany werewolves verses allied werewolf russian american and british werewolves what do you think of that?
very intersting
But also crazy sounding. :blink:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

And we need Max Payne to star in it
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Trinity »

Calypso Blue wrote:Well, the muck is being built, another graphical game is being developed, and there is now possibly talks with a gaming company of making an RPG book.

So now, in order for most of this to happen. A world must be developed.

Hmmm, how to go about this?
We need a world folks. I like the ideas of a werewolf vs werewolf game idea.., but it needs more depth. I'm been a fan of book-rpg and Final Fantasy Based VG-RPG for too long to be asified with a shoot-em up gallery styled game.

Yeah its great for those who like DOOM, Quake, Etc.., but it would have no real background, no depth, no 'life'..,

To be honestit wouldn't get past the -shoot-em- gamers.., adn thus wouldn't reach the wider market.

Yeah I may be a WW NUT, but I wouldn't by a shooter/kill/mass combat game., not even for collection's sake. Just not my style. I'm sure there is others out there that feel the same way.

So Haveing a ww vs ww game sounds liek a nifty idea.., give it a reason. Maybe in the prehistory brother fought brother, on someone betrayed someone else. Maybe its a blood fued in the style right out of the SOuthern US. Hillbilly ww feuds! XD

Something.., more. Basing something off of historical texts would be also intriguing.., if more of the back story came out. Maybe giving people a moral choice.., and thus effecting the outcome of the game. :D

Thoughts?
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

how about an action/r.p.g, like dues ex, it wouldnt seem right if you have a werewolf final fantasy stye( alright its my turn, slash!! *130 hp taken away*,*monsters turn, slash*400 hp taken away* game over!!) I want a world wheres its intense, modern time type of thing, and you almost always see a werewolf in fantasy games, but never in action, now agien back to the topic, a world where a werewolf can have some magical powers but still also depends on technology like us humans in order to servive, I also want something like a bit of a suspense thriller. i doubt anyone is going to understand what im trying to say.
Image Image
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Shadow Wulf wrote:how about an action/r.p.g, .
Like Morrowind. It had the RPG aspects (Levels, stats kills, etc.) but also a action aspect (Ie you swung the sword, you fired the arrow, you cast the spell. And despite the chances of actually hitting were based on stats, you still had to aim in their general vicinity (exception: Arrows needed to pretty dead on to register as hitting). Something like that. 8)
We need a world folks
Yep. I'm leaning towards fantasy or some in modern times. The thing i like about fantasy is firstly, you get the ability to be more than a standard human Werewolf, you can be like a elf or orc or dwarf (hehe, midget wolfie) or [insert some other fantasy race here]. Oh, and theres magic, which is always fun, not to mention helps deal with those things the stadard laws of physics and science can't.

And swords. Swords are cool. 8)
Lycanthrop55
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Lycanthrop55 »

well wil the werewolf world war two game you would't have guns or anything you would be fighting with teeth and claws instested of guns and animuniton ya get what i mean i think it is a great idea like for this wourld there are riveal clanes of werewolve that are fighting agenst common enimeys in this world but if anyone would like to maybe make imput for it that would be cool
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

I say modern times, action RPG, with some suspence. warring clans and such, good idea, same with nazi's (man i would love to tear some of them apart), though, not WWII, as for an actual world... maybe a city with a lake or two and sorrounded by wooded areas. killable NPC's wandering realisticly, and cops come after you when you kill people... not specifc enough?...sorry.....
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
Xodiac
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xodiac »

You want a world, a setting? You want it in modern times? Okay, how's this for a go:

In times of old, there were no werewolves. They were just legends, like everything else. There were no vampires, or dragons, or zombies, either. But, like the real world, they existed in stories.

In WWII, the Nazis (yes, cliche, so shoot me), inspired by the old stories and Hitler's love of the occult, began experiments in the death camps, trying to make human-wolf hybrids with all the powers of the werewolf. The allies, getting wind of this, tried to stop it, just as they tried to stop Nazi attempts to build an atom bomb. Unlike the atom bomb efforts, the allied sabotage failed. Nazi werewolves came to fruition.

Of course, the allies hadn't put all their eggs in one basket. They weren't just trying to stop the Nazis from making werewolves, they were making progress on that front as well. And they, too, succeeded, albeit later than the Nazis.

Both efforts succeeded too late to have any real effect on the war, however. Werewolves took part in some of the last battles on the European front, but the Nazis still lost. Soldiers who told people back home of these creatures were considered shell-shocked, or outright insane. The US and British governments hushed up the experiments they had performed on their own people. As part of that, they refused to acknowledge the Nazis had done it, either.

Today, there are still werewolves out there. Some of them really do have all the powers of the werewolf, and can transform back and forth either at will or under certain triggering conditions (injecting a serum, stress, or the full moon would be good examples). They can live mostly normal lives. Others are permanently wolf-men, and live at the fringes of society. Every now and then they are sighted, but they are treated by general human society much like bigfoot - some believe, most don't.

As for clans, well, the government tried to keep all the werewolves in its possession. They succeeded only in part. Some escaped. And there's still werewolves in Europe, children of those who escaped the roundups after the Nazi loss. So you have werewolves working for the British and US governments, and free werewolves who the government wants captured or killed. There are werewolves in Europe who still believe in the Nazi doctrine, but they have changed it slightly: werewolves, not aryans, are the master race. Perhaps a few of them even work for - or as - the current German government, in secret or not-so-secret attempts to gain mastery over the world.

Thoughts?
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

Xodiac wrote:You want a world, a setting? You want it in modern times? Okay, how's this for a go:

In times of old, there were no werewolves. They were just legends, like everything else. There were no vampires, or dragons, or zombies, either. But, like the real world, they existed in stories.

In WWII, the Nazis (yes, cliche, so shoot me), inspired by the old stories and Hitler's love of the occult, began experiments in the death camps, trying to make human-wolf hybrids with all the powers of the werewolf. The allies, getting wind of this, tried to stop it, just as they tried to stop Nazi attempts to build an atom bomb. Unlike the atom bomb efforts, the allied sabotage failed. Nazi werewolves came to fruition.

Of course, the allies hadn't put all their eggs in one basket. They weren't just trying to stop the Nazis from making werewolves, they were making progress on that front as well. And they, too, succeeded, albeit later than the Nazis.

Both efforts succeeded too late to have any real effect on the war, however. Werewolves took part in some of the last battles on the European front, but the Nazis still lost. Soldiers who told people back home of these creatures were considered shell-shocked, or outright insane. The US and British governments hushed up the experiments they had performed on their own people. As part of that, they refused to acknowledge the Nazis had done it, either.

Today, there are still werewolves out there. Some of them really do have all the powers of the werewolf, and can transform back and forth either at will or under certain triggering conditions (injecting a serum, stress, or the full moon would be good examples). They can live mostly normal lives. Others are permanently wolf-men, and live at the fringes of society. Every now and then they are sighted, but they are treated by general human society much like bigfoot - some believe, most don't.

As for clans, well, the government tried to keep all the werewolves in its possession. They succeeded only in part. Some escaped. And there's still werewolves in Europe, children of those who escaped the roundups after the Nazi loss. So you have werewolves working for the British and US governments, and free werewolves who the government wants captured or killed. There are werewolves in Europe who still believe in the Nazi doctrine, but they have changed it slightly: werewolves, not aryans, are the master race. Perhaps a few of them even work for - or as - the current German government, in secret or not-so-secret attempts to gain mastery over the world.

Thoughts?
ah! i like it.
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

that sound like something off of return to castle wolfenstien
Image Image
Lycanthrop55
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Lycanthrop55 »

i like it a lot Xodiac of what you said that is what i was thinking lol.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

hmmm, max payne looks to ugly for the game :lol: how about sam fisher :D
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Image Image
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

one question... who could we get to create/publish/lisence the game?
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Trinity »

Going with big name comanies woul dgive us all many benefits...., but a lot of legal BS as well. :P

Goign with a smaller publishing company would give us a slight decrease in the bs department..., but might make it more difficult for places to carry it. :P

Home grown? Or Big Name?

Hard choice. :/
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

Trinity wrote:Going with big name comanies woul dgive us all many benefits...., but a lot of legal BS as well. :P

Goign with a smaller publishing company would give us a slight decrease in the bs department..., but might make it more difficult for places to carry it. :P

Home grown? Or Big Name?

Hard choice. :/
"BS", why? it's not like anyones going to complain too much about a simple werewolf game while everyones all going on and on about that whole "hot coffee" thing.... that could be our "shield" if you will, atleast until the whole "hey everyone! lets blame video games for all the problems that are really our fault!" thing blows over
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Not from the general public, BS from the software company.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

what ever you do dont get EA. they like to hog all the glory and are very greedy, plus they have there logo covering a quarter of the cover, i suggest rockstar or sega. sega shouldnt mind doing a werewolf game, they did altered beast.
Image Image
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

max payne is after me, uh oh :o