The Pack - The Game?

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Pack - The Game?

Post by Calypso Blue »

Well, the muck is being built, another graphical game is being developed, and there is now possibly talks with a gaming company of making an RPG book.

So now, in order for most of this to happen. A world must be developed.

Hmmm, how to go about this?
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

will it be based on Devoured? Or is it a werewolf game in general?
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Calypso Blue »

Not necessarily, the pack is becoming its own world full of options. and NOT white wolf.

So lets talk bout what a werewolf world should be. Hunters? press? rival werewolves? etc.
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Gah, obviously not WhiteWolf... too many problems with vampires and lawyers (maybe even some vampire lawyers? They're even worse.)

I love the idea of a Pack game... I'm a huge fan of RPGs, whether tabletop stuff like D&D or comsole/PC games.
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Well, a lot of stuff should be based on the 'what a werewolf should be' forum. Good info and ideas are already their.
Maybe there could be different werewolf breeds; ones adapted for artic, desert, forest, plains, ect.
Nouska
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Nouska »

I got a 'Dragonolgy' book ages ago which was really good. It had different breeds, what they ate, how they attacked, how they evolved, their own language, how to approach them, their anatomy... just a lot of stuff. I think that's an execellent idea. We just need to gather the infomation and make one poor sod right it all.:shift: hwlwnk
Feed me bread.... Quack!
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

I am confused by all of this "MUCK" talk, what is that? I couldn't find a post anywhere on the site to explain this concept thoroughly. Where should I look?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Bete wrote:I am confused by all of this "MUCK" talk, what is that? I couldn't find a post anywhere on the site to explain this concept thoroughly. Where should I look?
The proper way to say it is.. "What the MUCK?" :lol:

I'm not sure what MUCK stands for. All I know is that you have to download a MUCK program. Think of it as a different version of AIM. If thats what you are refering to.

Edit

MUCK is role playing in a chat room.
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

Figarou wrote:
Bete wrote:I am confused by all of this "MUCK" talk, what is that? I couldn't find a post anywhere on the site to explain this concept thoroughly. Where should I look?
The proper way to say it is.. "What the MUCK?" :lol:

I'm not sure what MUCK stands for. All I know is that you have to download a MUCK program. Think of it as a different version of AIM. If thats what you are refering to.

Edit

MUCK is role playing in a chat room.
Thank you Figarou!
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

I think that it should take place in modern times.

Most of humanity does not believe in werewolves but a few. The Van Hellsing wannabes, tabloid people/repoters, and maybe some average people who want to meet/be one themselves.
Drake Arrokh
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Drake Arrokh »

What about choices on your "type" of werewolf. or what about other werecreatures?
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Re: The Pack - The Game?

Post by Anubis »

Calypso Blue wrote:Well, the muck is being built, another graphical game is being developed, and there is now possibly talks with a gaming company of making an RPG book.

So now, in order for most of this to happen. A world must be developed.

Hmmm, how to go about this?
what you go with my U.S.W.S.F. idea i bet thats hasn't been done before.
THE GAME

My Armory
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

maybe add some other races for people to play as, me for example being a demon and all

Also have it so that if you attack a civillian they may fight back instead of cowering
DarkWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Go My Tediz Go To Ze Trenchez

Post by DarkWolf »

UR NOT A DEMON
Last edited by DarkWolf on Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alone in the darkness of night, hear our howl,And Join Us
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Silverclaw wrote:I think that it should take place in modern times.

Most of humanity does not believe in werewolves but a few. The Van Hellsing wannabes, tabloid people/repoters, and maybe some average people who want to meet/be one themselves.
Indeed, Modern Werewolf stuff is always more fun than fantasy ones. In fantasy setting the Werewolf is less fun because the people in the game know that its' real, that they're out there. Werewolves wouldn't have to hide in the fantasy setting if they had controll, as the people wouldn't be tainted by the hollywood notions and the modfication of ancient myths.

Of course, if i were to argue against myself; there could easily be a majorly powerful religion that discriminates highly against the Werewolves, turning many on them and spreading lies and rumors. I love lies and rumors in a game. If anyone's read alot of books in the Morrowind game on a certain subject they'll note tthat many actually contradict each other! As if the the author may have been incorrect! Now that's a nice touch of realism, no longer is a ancient tome of know-all this is all fact and anything you think is wrong. :D

Buuuuuuuuut....i say Modern. Modern is nice. 8)
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

DarkWolf wrote:UR NOT A DEMON U PRICK
Please don't be so offensive.

Thanks,

-- Vilkacis
DarkWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Go My Tediz Go To Ze Trenchez

Post by DarkWolf »

Better? i changed it :D
Alone in the darkness of night, hear our howl,And Join Us
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

DarkWolf wrote:UR NOT A DEMON
not in real life, in real life im a witch :D
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

yes it should be in modern times, but how about have it so that you can chose to be in fantasy times, modern, near future or future
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

no really what about my U.S.W.S.F. idea i'll bet you $50 that nobody has done that
THE GAME

My Armory
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Searif Bogard wrote:

yes it should be in modern times, but how about have it so that you can chose to be in fantasy times, modern, near future or future
That would require crafting multiple worlds.... :o

Which would drag down the collective qaulity of them all, opposed to just one, well made, world.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Aki wrote:
Searif Bogard wrote:

That would require crafting multiple worlds.... :o

Which would drag down the collective qaulity of them all, opposed to just one, well made, world.
true, modern it is :D
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

I'm sure a lot of others have crafted their own worlds. Most creative personalities do this on a regular basis.

One of the leys to crafting a whole other world is to determine first a setting. If yuo place it in modern times, you tred -very- close to White Wolf Genre. Thin Ice there.

If yuo set it in an older time period, or a complete fanatsy setting, then there is alot more research needed to craft a believable world. WW use the idea of "Take what you know, make it darker and less nice". Made things very simple for everyone invovled.

Setting it in a complete fanatsy world, means peopleing it with more then Just werewolves. Unles that is all that lives there, besides animals of lesser intelligence. ( more like the real world )

Once you have a setting, then you need the core characters to give examples to players. Easy enough. but they need a history, a background, a life beyound just teh adventures. Personality is more then just things you like and dislike.

From there the world itself blooms on its own.

Suffice to say I have three different versions of worlds with werewolves in them. none have gone beyound the rough planning stages. I just don't have the time for it..,

sample:

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/libr/h/o/ ... .html.html

So the question then stands.., "What will others want to play?"

Horror fantasy
Cthulu style terror
D&D style High Fantasy
Pallaidum World-spanning games?

Will this be a Video game, RPG ( book ), or somethign else entirely?

:)
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I've set my storyline in the modern world, and a little into the near future, and I'd like to think that my saga has very little resemblance to White Wolf. Freeborn is also set in modern times, and from what we've seen, it resembles neither White Wolf nor my storyline. And, none of them resemble what Wolf Marine has proposed. I don't think the ice is neccessarily thin, if you're not writing about werewolves and vampires at war with each other in a dark, elegantly brooding but painfully unrealistic world deliberately filtered into mostly black and blue-gray.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

One of the leys to crafting a whole other world is to determine first a setting. If yuo place it in modern times, you tred -very- close to White Wolf Genre. Thin Ice there.
In addition to the points Scott made,

If the Werewolves are like the ones discussed for FreeBorn, then i don't think so. Much of white Wolf's Garou is mythical, and spiritual and all that magic shtuff. Not so with what we've dicussed, we've gone a more techinical and realistic route (as realisitic as one can get with a shapeshifter that is).

:wink: