What does it mean to be a werewolf?

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

What does it mean to be a werewolf?

Post by Calypso Blue »

What does it mean to you? For me, its freedom.

Skynard-Freebird
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: What does it mean to be a werewolf?

Post by Figarou »

Calypso Blue wrote:What does it mean to you? For me, its freedom.

Skynard-Freebird

Of course. I see it all the time. Go to a truck stop. You'll see a "freedom" t-shirt with a picture of the 18 wheeler and a wolf on it. that or an eagle and 18 wheeler.
Lasthowl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lasthowl »

Catharsis. A part of yourself that's not all tied up and repressed, that has no inhibitions.

That makes the wolf scary, but wonderful.
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Just that chance to release the inner part of you, all the things you keep hidden away, but you just know are simmering just under the surface, be it anger, desire, pain, lust, or whatever.

Kinda like becoming the Hulk, but without turning green and having to wear funny purple shorts.
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

As a truck driver, freedom, to me, is able to roam wherever you want, whenever you want.

plain and simple.

I see werewolves doing the same thing. Freedom to let the wolf side take control and roam about the country side. Tooting on the big horn as they drive along!!

he he!!

:D

Edit correcting grammer.
Last edited by Figarou on Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Now I have the mental images of a werewolf wearing jeans, a flannel shirt, and a John Deere (or is that Eat Deer?) hat, driving a tractor trailer down the highway...
:lol:
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ChaosWolf wrote:Now I have the mental images of a werewolf wearing jeans, a flannel shirt, and a John Deere (or is that Eat Deer?) hat, driving a tractor trailer down the highway...
:lol:
Yup Eat Deere!!

Look!!

http://www.bubbawolf.net/

he he
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

I'm taking the easy way out and just answerer your question by saying:
to shapeshift from human form to wolf form.
ShadowWolf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by ShadowWolf »

I'm going to have to say freedom has well, but also a form of release. Let's face it, everyone, at some point , just has a day where they say "I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS ****" and want nothing more then to get away and leave it all behind for a while. Well, it doesn't get much farther away then this -> :shift:
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Yeah, its freedom. Just leave all your human worries and concerns behind and run through a forest :shift:
Can, for a while, not worry about things like school, work, bills,and crap like that.
Nouska
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Nouska »

Just the simple release of everything... that would be cool and useful :)
Feed me bread.... Quack!
TakeWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The big one-one

Post by TakeWalker »

I agree with Bete on this one. Simply a way to escape the humdrum of human life.
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

Here's my "emoticons" (animated) answer:

Day 1: :shift:

Day 2: :?

Full Moon Day: :howl:  :oo

Day 4: ??

Day 5: rvt
Last edited by Bete on Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Must've traveled through time. No day 4.
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

Figarou, yeah, all better now, ha, ha!
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Bete wrote:Figarou, yeah, all better now, ha, ha!
I can see.

Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

Figarou wrote:
I can see.

Figarou, ha, ha, yeah, I view life as a "work in progress."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Bete wrote:
Figarou wrote:
I can see.

Figarou, ha, ha, yeah, I view life as a "work in progress."
To bad there is no rewind button. Oh, to be in my younger years again.

Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

hwlwnk Freedom... To run wild under the full moon with your pack by your side. Through the ice and snow dodging pine trees. Its the ultimate freedom. i am a bit of a romantic lol :lol:
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
CrewWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CrewWolf »

1st thing that pops into my head: ULTIMATE POWAH

Ah, to be a werewolf. The freedom to do what I truly want to do, to be what I want to be, to have no worries, and to just be unleashed from all my cares. The strength to climb a mountain and the endurance and power to run for miles and miles in a breath.

Silly fancies, nothing more *sigh*
Wyla
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Singing dog

Post by Wyla »

Freedom and release. Being able to run free, wherever and whenever you choose. :)
Also justice. A wolf pack has, in my opinion, a fairer view of justice than any human society could ever achieve.
Treads Lightly
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Treads Lightly »

To me, being a werewolf means the ability to pull up roots and move wherever and whenever you want, to be the master of your own life. In a sense it is the freedom and power that everyone is talking about; no more clients, bosses, or bills to worry about. But with this great freedom other things are lost, friends and family. It is not likely that they will fully understand what you are or why you feel that it is even a good thing. Some weres may move away to escape their past or out of fear that they might accidentally hurt the ones they love. In any event, without other pack members it would soon be a lonely journey for any wolf that does decide to leave his home.

Post by Guest »

The night air is cool, crisp, clean. There is less clutter during the dark hours. More space. The smells talk of creatures moving in the distance, the hills full of the season. The sounds tell of streams with silver water and branches calling to the moon. The sounds of creatures scurrying below you, and flying above. It is a time of clarity. To move is to claim the wind as your brother. To move is to know the flowing power of your muscles. It’s good, good to stretch them again.

It is not that you are swift. You are speed itself. It is not that you are strong. You are strength itself. You are a liquid energy and power flows like the blood in your veins.

It is the knowledge that this time is yours. In these hours, you are alive.

Complete.

Free
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

Just the idea of being different, unique in a way that few others can understand. Not so much the power just being able to scare the living daylights out of someone by a thought shhowl :D
*When you're down... howl*
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

To be able to throw my civilized cares away, shed my boring human skin and take on the form of another creature on a whim would be my greatest fantasy fulfilled. Indeed...that would be a kind of freedom that no living creature has ever had the blessing to experience.
...The life of a shapeshifter...

However, a "WereWolf", to me, is a far more complex creature.

Blessed with the unique opportunity to experience and enjoy the life and form of both a Human and a Wolf, but Cursed,(I use the word "curse" as a note of negativity more than the magical interpretation of the word), with their existance in a world which has no place for them.

...a world ruled by people who don't understand them...who fear them...who HATE them...

The WereWolf has the physical and mental abilities, strength, and senses of both a human and wolf combined, (as well as the "kick @**", charasmatic appearance of a Wild Wolf...the hunter...the uber canid...). A very desirsble pool of strength and talents indeed, but it comes with a hefty price as, to survive, the WW must use every one of them to remain unseen and unknown.

If the WW must hunt, it must do it without being caught in the act, or else it would have hunters, (either knowingly looking for a WW or just a "beast with a taste for deer"), on it's tail. When they do get spotted and the town it alerted, they would have to pack up and move on before the locals put the pieces together.

That is the plight of the WereWolf. With more power and more freedom, comes more needs to sustain them and more responsibilities as well.

Much to love...much to fear...much to hate...

That is what a WereWolf is to me.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~