Therian Message Board?

The place for anything at all...
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Therian Message Board?

Post by Darth Canis »

I have been scanning the web in search for a good therian web forum but have been unable to find an active one. I have a couple questions and such just wondering if anyone here was a member of an active therian forum posting board. Give me a howl thanks guys! :howl:  :oo
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

you can start one. you can use my forum its pretty much dead, if you want it it you can have it. :)
THE GAME

My Armory
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

My board is pretty much alive right now, but its really meant for those who believe there's more in this live then our theory's. And its Dutch, so you have to use BabbleFish. :)
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Well, not being a therian myself, I don't really take note of such places; however, two popped into my head:

The first was the old shifters.org, which unfortunately doesn't have a forum any more (or much of anything else). Other than hosting a few resources, I think they're pretty much dead now. They're so drastically different than they were before that I can't help but wonder if I'm getting them mixed up with another place... *sigh*

The second was WereList, which has a forum with some Therianthropy-related sections. However, as with a lot of therian groups, it seems they're rather wary of newcomers. Be sure to give their rules a solid look-over or two before posting to avoid trouble.

-- Vilkacis
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I don't know of any active ones. At least, not any active ones where the members aren't complete and total jerks.

You could always just start one like Anubis suggested. Or if you want a board but don't feel up to being an administrator perhaps one of the members here could make it for you.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Oh no no, Vilkacis, Shifters is still alive. Currently an older version is being hosted on Therianthropy.org here. Shifters is a veyr informative place, and I recomend it. The forums that Shifters directed you to was The Awereness Forums.

I also second Werelist, and you'll see me around at both. :D
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

Hey!!! Canis, you're a therian? :howl:  :oo *howl of joyishness*

Come to Werenation! We're a lovely, crazy bunch!

www.werenation.com :wink: I love it there. ^^
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

:D Thanks guys i will be sure to check these places out!
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Kiba wrote:Hey!!! Canis, you're a therian? :howl:  :oo *howl of joyishness*

im assuming you do not have to be a therian to go there, but just intrested in lycanthropes also
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

One thing though: to keep you from experiencing the nasty side of those oh-so-loved people (and yes they have one...oh do they ever...), I have some advice for you.

Don't ever say "Just because I don't agree with YOUR opinion, that doesn't make mine wrong."

Don't disagree, or argue, with the staff. They own you there and won't hesitate to ban you for stupid reasons.

If they make you fill out a manditory new member questionaire answer it, no matter how elitist it may seem. And don't ask them why it's there. Just be a good little sheep like they want you to be and do it without complaint. Non-compliance may get you banned before you can even blink.

Trust me on this. I know from experience. (Hence why I refer to them most often as "those elitist jackasses".)
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Kiba wrote:Hey!!! Canis, you're a therian? :howl:  :oo *howl of joyishness*

The colors hurt my eyes. :(
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

Morkulv wrote:
Kiba wrote:Come to Werenation! We're a lovely, crazy bunch!

The colors hurt my eyes. :(
Jeez, they STILL have that god-awful purple scheme? It was like that when I was still patient enough to put up with their bull, and that was quite awhile ago.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Set
Legendary
Legendary

*sniff* I smell a rat...

Post by Set »

Why is it that all these therian boards make you register just to view what's on them? That hardly seems fair to me. You just have to leap in there without knowing what the content is like, how people react to new members, nothing. To me it sends the message of "go away n00b, you are not wanted here". It makes them seem quite unfriendly.

Damn, now I'm tempted to revive my old board just to have a place where there isn't crap like that.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Re: *sniff* I smell a rat...

Post by Searif »

Set wrote:Why is it that all these therian boards make you register just to view what's on them? That hardly seems fair to me. You just have to leap in there without knowing what the content is like, how people react to new members, nothing. To me it sends the message of "go away n00b, you are not wanted here". It makes them seem quite unfriendly.

Damn, now I'm tempted to revive my old board just to have a place where there isn't crap like that.
its truely not like that, they are fairly nice peoples
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Re: *sniff* I smell a rat...

Post by Set »

Jerrick wrote:
Set wrote:Why is it that all these therian boards make you register just to view what's on them? That hardly seems fair to me. You just have to leap in there without knowing what the content is like, how people react to new members, nothing. To me it sends the message of "go away n00b, you are not wanted here". It makes them seem quite unfriendly.

its truely not like that, they are fairly nice peoples
That may be so, but it does make them seem unfriendly, even if they're the nicest people in the world.
NarnianWolfen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NarnianWolfen »

Werelist has been redone by Coyote, they're really good. And active! *points to http://www.werelist.com/phpBB2/ *
~Kate

"She should not lock the open door (run away run away run away!), full moon is on the sky and he's not a man anymore...sees the change in him but can't (run away run away run away) see what became out of her man...full moon!"