Ultraviolet

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ultraviolet

Post by Shadow Wulf »

This looks like a very promising film, :o I remember seeing the preview when I went to see Underworld:Evolution. At first I thought, 'RESIDENT EVIL 3 cause I saw the same women from Resident Evil and I saw a building shaped like a bio hazard :lol: but then I noticed that thier were no zombies or monsters and they didnt mension the name Umbrella.

Anyway this one I got to see. 8)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ltraviolet
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
dymock
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by dymock »

does she have a contract with screen gems?
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

*caugh* Aeonflux ripoff *caugh*
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Anubis wrote:*caugh* Aeonflux ripoff *caugh*
Haha! :lol: My dad said it reminded him of Aeonflux. But I have no idea of whats that ones about.

EDIT:Ive seen the trailor for Aeonflux. I like how Ultraviolet is setup better.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

It looks good. Granted, I like the actress. Supermodel gone Action Star...
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

um........it reminds me of the Resident Evil movies
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Fenrir wrote:um........it reminds me of the Resident Evil movies
Exactly! You know what I mean.
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Fenrir wrote:um........it reminds me of the Resident Evil movies
Exactly! You know what I mean.

Especially with it's just her talking in the previews. Like the RE movies. Deja Vu all over again. :lol:
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Having seen this, I can say its pretty damn awesome. The action is...amazing.

Its kinda/sorta a vampire flick, though. As the story centers around 'hemophages', which are little more than Vampires, minus the whole 'sun burns me!111Ahh!" part.

Hell, the characters use the word...So, yeah. Vampires.

But its a good movie, IMO. Even if I think there was way too little blood.

(I mean, there was a scene were everryone was in white, in a white hallway, fighting with swords. That begs for blood! BEGS.)

The most blood you see in this is in the begining where a bunch of random hemophages attempt to raid a bloodbank.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

-Sigh- Another typical female superhero movie. While yay for us females, it gets so old after a while, though my mum is really interested so thanks for the topic :lol:
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Anubis wrote:*caugh* Aeonflux ripoff *caugh*
They are similar in concept, at least in that they concern a female superagent, but it's my understanding that both Aeon Flux and Ultraviolet are inspirations.

But if you want to be picky and point out any movie with a similar heroine and concept, their both ripoffs. Four words: Ghost in the Shell.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

My wife Cathey has a name for this genre: the "rubber suit movie," in reference to Selene's cat suit in Underworld--cute and sexy but painfully implausible.

Which, by the way, is available on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1234-UNDERWORLD-2-S ... dZViewItem
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
forsaken_wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Present of Darkness

Post by forsaken_wolf »

I finally saw the with the shooting and sword fighting and all that so I say it was a good movie and a bit trippy here and there so thats it.
"lolis"
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Same here, It was good, but a let down thats for shure, how can one women single handlely take on a whole army by herself.
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Not if your sitting next to a person who grabs for the nearist persons hand and starts squeezing the life out of it when they spot blood/
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Fenrir wrote:Not if your sitting next to a person who grabs for the nearist persons hand and starts squeezing the life out of it when they spot blood/
What? ??
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Fenrir wrote:Not if your sitting next to a person who grabs for the nearist persons hand and starts squeezing the life out of it when they spot blood/
What? ??
Ok at the begining of the movie in theaters that part with the blood and the needles a friend of mine went nuts seeing that they clawed at my arm and started hurting my hand and they didn't stop until the movie was over
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I can tell this was female. right? :lol:
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

duh!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Fenrir wrote:duh!
Hey hey hey dont get any attitude with me. For all I know you could have either had a wimpy little friend or you could be something else.
Image Image
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

My sister informs me that it was not originally meant to be what it became at all. She's a big fan of a movie called Equilibrium, by the same director. Ultraviolet was intended to have the same Matrix-level intellectualism. But, Hollywood had to diddle with it, teaking it over and over, with what was supposed to be marketable, until it became what finally hit the theaters.

I haven't seen it, so I don't know. I've seen Equalibrium, so I know what the director's mind is capable of doing. I'm afraid to see the end result, but I'm sure I will soon.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Evanstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Known to Bite

Post by Evanstar »

I actually had zero interest in this film and didn't see it in the theatre but I was pleasantly surprised when I rented it, I really enjoyed it! I know Milla can be annoying to an extent but she's very good at action and I loved the costumes and look of the entire film. I liked the story too. I highly recommend it. :bone:
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

This was an alright movie, It was fun watchiingg weapons and costumes just appear and such, the story line was somewhat befudling,..well it made my friend give up after two minutes =p
But it was goood, i enjoyed it

psiguy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The pack's Linux Nerd

Post by psiguy »

Not the best sci-fi movie I've ever seen. I'd say that it needs more work with getting people like myself to actually get emotionally swayed. The movie had soo much action, I really didn't see much drama.

There are only 2 good parts to the movie.

1) The begginning where those who have been "changed" try to infect a blood bank. I like how the investigator realises that he caught the strain of the virus and got shot because of it.

2) The ending scene where Violet dishes out her stuff to all of the baddies and then... nah, I'd rather you watch the ending. It contains an interesting plot twist.
www.psiguy.deviantart.com <-- My artwork and generalities.

May the force be with you!!!