Fleas

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Fleas

Post by Set »

This was actually inspired by a post at another board. And my itchy dog.

What would a werewolf do to keep from getting fleas? And once they got them how would they get rid of 'em? They're bound to get a few ticks at least, if only from wandering around near plants or laying on the ground.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

God, no, please don't!

Wolves (and werewolves) are NOT dogs and should not be able to have fleas (accept human fleas). But thats just my opinion.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Morkulv wrote:God, no, please don't!

Wolves (and werewolves) are NOT dogs and should not be able to have fleas (accept human fleas). But thats just my opinion.
Technically they ARE dogs, just like tigers are cats.

You don't even have to be a dog to get fleas. Parasites don't discriminate. If they can suck your blood then they will.
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

It would depend on the LIQ's lifestyle. If he spends lots o' his time as a wolf, prowling ang growling in the wilderness, then yes, he will probibly have fleas. But, if he lives a mostly human life, say, in a city, working as an accountant, and doesn't get out to the woods too often, then he probibly wont.
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Re: Fleas

Post by Aki »

Set wrote:This was actually inspired by a post at another board. And my itchy dog.

What would a werewolf do to keep from getting fleas? And once they got them how would they get rid of 'em? They're bound to get a few ticks at least, if only from wandering around near plants or laying on the ground.
Shifting to human would probably rid most fleas that weren't located on the head or nearby. In gestalt form it probably woudln't be to hard to give one's self a flea-bath. :P
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I think that a werewolf would keep some flea shampoo in his bathroom. When he gets back from a night on the prowl and shifts back to human, he can take a shower with the flea shampoo and presto! No more fleas! :D
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

or just take some doggy medication for that kind thing.

realy, i wouldn't realy worry about getting fleas. you got to pretty much live in one of you wolf forms to get it other wise the worse you get is some ticks but all you need is a lighter to fix that (burn, baby, burn!!)
Last edited by Anubis on Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I would have someone else do that, hair is VERY flammable.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

They are the same thing. Some institutions have reclassified the dog as a subspecies of the wolf, and there is no genetic test that can distinguish a wolf from a dog. Plus, even humans had fleas that hung around them at one time. Though this has disappeared with the rise of modern society.
Last edited by Lupin on Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Hmmm, jumbo sized flea coller anyone? :D

It would be hard not to get fleas and ticks if your running around the forest with fur. Ticks would be more common to get than fleas I think. Fall and winter are good months to be external parasite free :)
They just need to sift back to human and go wash themselves. I suppose Flea/tick shamphoo would work the best.

lol, I can just imagine a scene in Freeborn now. A serious conversation taking place, and you notice a flea/tick shampoo bottle sitting nearby... :lol:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Wolves, deer, Humans...just about anything with hair can get fleas. They are not like a virus or bacteria that one species or another can become immune to.

They are just little bugs that jump onto any host they can find and start biting. (Like Ticks and Mosquitoes)

...just keep clean and I think a werewolf would not have much to worry about.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

What if a WW showers once to 3 times per day, as pertaining to his/her human habits? Would that keep the fleas away?
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Humans don't get fleas?

Excuse me...

[Goes in the other room, wild kookaburra-like laughter can be heard through the walls shortly thereafter]

[Coming back, wiping eyes and looking a little woozy]

My black cat Kemet used to get fleas like crazy. They feasted off me as well as her and Fetelbaum, and hitched rides with anyone that came over to my place, when they left. Humans get fleas.

On topic...yeah, a shift and a shower, not necessarily with flea shampoo because they go for areas with close-to-the-surface sizeable veins. The scalp and nape don't have any. Ticks, OTOH, go for the hairline like it's a Mongolian barbecue...
ImageImageImageImage
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Set wrote:

Technically they ARE dogs, just like tigers are cats.
And humans are monkeys, right?

:roll:
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

i think i recall that chimps like to eat fleas and hair lice.

And if we didn't come from primates, that would make us very old aliens.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

vrikasatma wrote:Humans don't get fleas?

Excuse me...

[Goes in the other room, wild kookaburra-like laughter can be heard through the walls shortly thereafter]

[Coming back, wiping eyes and looking a little woozy]

My black cat Kemet used to get fleas like crazy. They feasted off me as well as her and Fetelbaum, and hitched rides with anyone that came over to my place, when they left. Humans get fleas.

On topic...yeah, a shift and a shower, not necessarily with flea shampoo because they go for areas with close-to-the-surface sizeable veins. The scalp and nape don't have any. Ticks, OTOH, go for the hairline like it's a Mongolian barbecue...
Humans just get a lot less fleas because we don't have the ammount of hair (or fur) for it.
kitetsu wrote:i think i recall that chimps like to eat fleas and hair lice.

And if we didn't come from primates, that would make us very old aliens.
Well thats a easy sollution... :roll:

Sorry I'm not into the whole 'Darwin'-theory, but I just think there's more to it all then just humans being directly related to monkeys, or chimps, or whatever.
Last edited by Morkulv on Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Morkulv wrote:Sorry I'm not into the whole 'Darwin'-theory, but I just think there's more to it all then just humans being directly related to monkeys, or chimps, or whatever.
"Primates"...a general classification of animals. We evolved seperately from a common source (an ancient species of mammal that was neither ape nor human). We evolved from the same species that all types of primates did...millions or billions of years ago...but not from APES. They are more like very distant cousins 344635325(to the tenth power) times removed.

*Sigh* Why is it that Anti-evolutionists are never up to date on the evolving evolution theory? The part about Humans supposedly evolving dirrectly FROM apes was revised and thrown out years before I was even born... get with the times allready.

It's like a family tree. (actually...that's exactly what it is.)

At the very top of the tree, there is a single lonely branch that is the human race. ...but if you follow that down towards the base of the tree, you will find that there are more than a few other branches that split off of ours before you get to the base. The highest, most closely related branch you will find splits off and leads up to all of the primates of the world...from lemurs to gorrilas. If you go even further down still, millions of years prior to the "primate" connection, you will actually find that the ancient pre-primate species that Humans and Apes both evolved from, actually itself evolved from the same species that Wolves and Tigers, and Mice, and Deer and Dolphins evolved from ("Mammals"). ...further back still, and you will find that the pre-mammal evolved from the same species that Lizards and Frogs and pretty much anything with bones, spines and toes evloved from (Vertibrates) ...which in turn evolved from the same species that most Fish in the sea Evolved from ...from tiny, micro-organisms ...from Bacteria ...and finally leading back to the greatest mystery of all ... what and how random floating chemicals happened by impossible chance to combine into a self-replicating reactionary molecule. (The pre-curser to all life on earth).

...did GOD do it? I don't know. ...I wasn't there. But there is evidence of this entire chain of events all around us, if one takes the time and care to look.

THAT is current Evolutionary theory.
Last edited by Vuldari on Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

i'm not 100% in favor of any theory since they're not the REAL truth (they still interest me). Even Darwin's theory.

however, i would chuck a fit to the next person who believes that God MAGICALLY created man and dismisses all else about man's origins.

Go science.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Morkulv wrote:And humans are monkeys, right?
Monkeys have tails. We drew the short straw, so we're apes.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Damn lucky monkeys :P
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

*looks to see that there is no tail on butt* :( i want a tail!!! :cry:
THE GAME

My Armory
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

So do I!!!!

I want a couple extra arms while you're at it, too...

But that's a whole 'nother topic already established...
ImageImageImageImage
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Morkulv wrote:And humans are monkeys, right?
Monkeys have tails. We drew the short straw, so we're apes.

Apes with intelligence. Short straw...feh!!! :P We drew the long straw.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

A tail, big bat wings and claws would be nice :)

oh...off topic. Um, er...fleas suck!!! :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:
oh...off topic. Um, er...fleas suck!!! :D

Of course they do. How else would they draw blood.

Lunaticks, on the other hand.... :crazy:

:jester: