Werewolf Game - Round III

Here you will find forum type games to play.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Bah, not paying attention again...

Wolfhanyou III
Ronkonkoma II
Nishah I
outwarddoodles I

The mob turns on Wolfhanyou and...

well, Wolfhanyou is now an innocent blood smear on the ground.

It is now NIGHT.

(I'll let the werewolves handle this however they wish. Congrats.)

Game Status:
1. [s]ALIVE Timber-WoIf[/s]
2. ALIVE outwarddoodles
3. [s]ALIVE Heart of the Pack[/s]
4. ALIVE Ronkonkoma
5. ALIVE Nishah
6. [s]ALIVE Moon Daughter[/s]
7. [s]ALIVE celtwolf[/s]
8. [s]ALIVE Lone_Wolf[/s]
9. [s]ALIVE Wolfhanyou[/s]

-- Vilkacis
Ronkonkoma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Going with the moon

Post by Ronkonkoma »

Ronkonkoma turns into a large black furred werewolf, and smiles at Nishah and chuckles as he and Nishah surround Outwarddoodles!

"You were right, I was one of werewolves.... the Alpha, and Nishah here is my Beta..but now that you know our secret, we can't very well let you go....what shall we do with Outwarddoodles Nishah? I'll let you decide"
Travellin Jack, ole Travellin Jack,
Got a far long way to go,
Longer way to come back
Moon Daughter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Door to Darkness

Post by Moon Daughter »

Cool...is someone gonna start another round? Congrates for winning Ronkonkoma and Nishah, though I did have a feeling near that end that Nishah was one of the werewolves. Though, I didn't really expect Ronkonkoma at all.
"He who make a beast of himself gets rid of the pains of being a man." -Dr. Johnson
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Infuriae

Post by Nishah »

*The brewer smiles as the shock of the events grips the remaining villager*

As was said... Peace will return to this village... untill new human settelers arrive and we feast again, my Alpha...
And I'm sure our friend here will be glad to help...

*a toothy grin as the form changes into a lithe half-man half-wolf creature*

won't she....

*bites down on outwarddoodles and leaves her to suffer the pains of the change*
Sister of Wolves, seek your compagnions
You hear the call of the wild,
I summon your instincts
- Hagalaz Runedance/wake skadi
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

((Told ya! It was their plan all along! *points accusingly* Lol. Nice job though. Very nice. :D However, I'm having some trouble on how the clues match up to each person... anyone care to elaborate?))
Boo
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Moon Daughter wrote:Cool...is someone gonna start another round?
I might. I was considering a variation this time around. Let me know what you guys think. If someone wants to host a regular game at the same time, that'd be neat, too. I would love to join it.

------------------------------------------------

Participants:

The game will not even begin unless there are at least 10 participants. Preferably at least a few more.

One participant will be randomly chosen as the first werewolf (others may eventually become werewolves).

The host (me).

Important to Note:

Please do not ask to join unless you are prepared to be active on a daily basis. By active I simply mean that you should check on the game and participate in the voting. In return, I will send out PMs to the participants one week before the game starts so that no one misses out.

This game will take a good while to complete. I will be giving a lot of time for conversation.

Why? Because that will be the only way you have of determining who the werewolves are. No clues.

Werewolves:

We start with one werewolf. Maybe that's all we have the entire game. Maybe not, because werewolves may now, instead of making a kill, choose a villager to convert into a fellow werewolf, if they wish.

As far as game mechanics go, the oldest living werewolf is the Pack Leader and is responsible for PMing me the Pack's decision (who to kill or convert). The Pack Leader has the ultimate veto. The decision is his, in the end. (A Pack Leader that is disliked by his Packmates, however, may find himself on the wrong end of some DAY-time votes.)

Every werewolf will know who the current Pack Leader is. The Pack Leader will know who each werewolf is. Anything beyond that is between the werewolves themselves.

Villagers:

During the DAY-time, each player will hold discussions and then eventually make their votes. Voting will take the form of a list of all living players, ordered by how strongly you believe each person is a werewolf. The person you think most likely to be a werewolf should be at the top, and the least likely should be at the bottom.

Villagers may also talk during the NIGHT, but should not vote at that time.

Vote Resolution:

The basic idea is that the villagers have a way of testing whether or not someone is a werewolf. The villagers may perform this test as many times as they wish, until the test comes up Innocent. The testing then immediately stops and the NIGHT phase begins. Werewolves that come up Guilty are eliminated. The Innocent survive.

In other words, if the villagers ever figure out exactly who the werewolves are, it's possible to get rid of them all at once, so long as there are more villagers than werewolves.

Once there are more werewolves than villagers, though, they can dominate the DAY-time votes and will almost surely win.

You probably don't need to know too much about the details, but this is how I'll be determining who will be Tried by your votes:

I will first take the vote-lists and put them in the order that they were given.

Then, starting from the first, I will go down the list tallying up the first-level votes (then second, then third) until I reach the first person that has a majority of votes (that is, if there are 10 players, the first to reach 6 tally marks undergoes the Trial). If it is not a werewolf, I will stop and post the results of the voting. If it is a werewolf, I will remove his votes from the list and continue the process where I left off until I reach the next one to be Tested, and so forth.

Game:

The game starts off in the NIGHT phase. Every NIGHT-time phase, the Pack Leader will PM me with instructions on who to kill or convert. If someone is killed, I will post the results. Otherwise, I will simply state that no one was killed in the night. The werewolves will have one week to discuss things before I require an answer. If the Pack Leader sends me this PM before the end of the period, I will assume discussion is done and move on to the DAY-time phase.

Special case for the start of the game: If the werewolf fails to respond before the day that the game begins, a new werewolf will be chosen. All the werewolf has to do is let me know he's there, and I will then give him the full period of time. This is to ensure a smooth game and that people actually respond to the PMs with their kill orders.

It is then the DAY phase. During the DAY-time phase, all players are to vote as outlined above -- based on anything they want. The voting deadline will be one week after the DAY-time phase begins. Meaning that, from the moment the game turns to DAY, you have one week for discussion and the casting of votes. This deadline will be strongly enforced and no late votes will be accepted.

Zombies:

Once you're dead, you're dead. You are now a non-player. Kindly do not try to affect the game if you are not playing.

Winning:

If all werewolves are killed the surving town members win. They can achieve this by successfully figuring out who the werewolves are.

The werewolves will win if they kill enough villagers so that the numbers are even. At that point they can dominate the DAY-time votes and guide the game to a favorable conclusion. They can achieve this killing or converting enough villagers without revealing themselves.

------------------------------------------------

Is there any interest in this? Any questions or concerns? (Did I miss anything?)

I have a feeling I might need a different audience for this one, but it's worth a try.

-- Vilkacis
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

I summon your instincts
Hearth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hearth »

@ I'd join it.

hwlwnk
Ronkonkoma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Going with the moon

Post by Ronkonkoma »

my 'ole Travellin Jack' clue is partily from a stephen king/peter Staub novel called The Taliasman, Travelin Jack is the nickname Jack Sawyer the main character gets, and Jack can 'flip' over to a place called The Terratories (points to his profile to where he's located) a google on ole travelin jack would probably would have exposed me!
Travellin Jack, ole Travellin Jack,
Got a far long way to go,
Longer way to come back
Moon Daughter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Door to Darkness

Post by Moon Daughter »

I'd definitely be in fr another round. hwlwnk
"He who make a beast of himself gets rid of the pains of being a man." -Dr. Johnson
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Oh no! It's just me and the werewolves left! :o

Well, anyway, I'm all in for another round. Yet, I may actually prefer the original rules, I just can't seem to get a grasp on the new ones.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

I'll play another round, but have my doubts with these new rules...

When we played it "live" - face to face - you can omit clues and all, cause you get to see facial expressions and such... here, a werewolf can just carefully decide what he's going to say and do... so suspicion is purely based on gut feeling and not much else...

I doubt it'll work... but I'm willing to try

Count me in !
I summon your instincts
psiguy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The pack's Linux Nerd

Post by psiguy »

I guess like I'll take a STAB at it! :)
www.psiguy.deviantart.com <-- My artwork and generalities.

May the force be with you!!!