Werewolf Game - Round III

Here you will find forum type games to play.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Werewolf Game - Round III

Post by Vilkacis »

I'll just use (mostly) the same rules this time around:

The rules:
There are [s]16+ participants; consisting of 13+ townspeople,[/s]
however many people join in these first few days,
1 or 2 werewolves,
and the host (me).

(The number of werewolves will depend on the number of participants)

The game starts off when it is 'NIGHT'. Every night-time, each werewolf sends me a PM with instructions on who is to be killed. I will then post the results in this thread. If after 48 hours a werewolf(/wolves) doesn't issue a kill order, The host will automatically kill a random person and place clue(s) that relate(s) to one of the werewolves. (Exception is if they give me a heads up notice if they are going to be absent, which should include contingency kill orders).

Special case for the start of the game (Night #1): If you fail to respond within 24 hours of the announcement of the passing of the PMs, a new werewolf will be chosen. Once the game has started, the traditional 48 hour limit will be observed. This is to ensure a smooth game and that people actually responds to the PMs with their kill orders.

It is then 'DAY'. During the daytime, all players are to vote (in this thread) on x people they believe are werewolves (x being the number of remaining werewolves) -- based on anything they want. The one player with the most votes are then killed. If there is a tie, a random number generator will determine the result.
Voting deadline will be 48 hours after the kill. Meaning that, from the moment the game turns to day and someone is killed, you have 48 hours to cast your vote. This deadline will be strongly enforced and no late votes will be accepted unless I am notified before hand of your absence (Between night till the 48hr deadline).

If all werewolves are killed the surving town members win [s], if one (or more) werewolf manages to survive this, then (s)he wins.[/s]

The werewolves win if they kill enough villagers so that the numbers are even. (Two werewolves and two humans, or one werewolf and one human.) At that point they can rise up and slaughter the villagers openly.

When the werewolves send a kill order, they must give a clue. This may be a false clue or a true clue, but at least one true clue must be given every 2 nights. An example order might be True, False, False, True, False, True. (If it's True, it has to have something to do with your nick, avatar, signature, posts etc.)

To clarify: no more than two False clues in a row for an individual werewolf. I may tweak this depending on how many people join.

Should 2 werewolves send pm's killing off each other, the first one who responds will "win". The 2nd will be unable to carry out the action. (no fair setting traps. ).

Participants:
1. ALIVE Timber-WoIf
2. ALIVE outwarddoodles
3. ALIVE Heart of the Pack
4. ALIVE Ronkonkoma
5. ALIVE Nishah
6. ALIVE Moon Daughter
7. ALIVE celtwolf
8. ALIVE Lone_Wolf
9. ALIVE Wolfhanyou

-- Vilkacis
Last edited by Vilkacis on Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

sign me up! :D
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

If you want to play, make a post to that effect within the next 48 hours, beginning now, 11:30 GMT / 3:30 PST.

I may extend this period if there aren't a satisfactory number of participants, but probably not more than a day.

-- Vilkacis
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Count me in.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Hearth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hearth »

I'm in.
Ronkonkoma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Going with the moon

Post by Ronkonkoma »

i'm in!
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Infuriae

Post by Nishah »

Count me in again...
Sister of Wolves, seek your compagnions
You hear the call of the wild,
I summon your instincts
- Hagalaz Runedance/wake skadi
Moon Daughter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Door to Darkness

Post by Moon Daughter »

Yay! Another round!

I'm in! hwlwnk
"He who make a beast of himself gets rid of the pains of being a man." -Dr. Johnson
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

If I were to start right now, a one-werewolf game would last two rounds and the werewolf would have a big advantage.

We need at least one more to make it last three.

If we get 9 people, we can have two werewolves that agree on a single kill each night.

Do you think waiting a couple more days would help? I don't want to wait too long because last time there were players that didn't even participate.

-- Vilkacis
Hearth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hearth »

Perhaps a day, or two.

Could people try and spread the word with pm's?
celtwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by celtwolf »

yo, i'll try again this time
i'm just stating what i know and what i think, if you don't like it, you can leave me alone.

i am the well-read werewolf
:read:
Lone_Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lone_Wolf »

If I still can I'd like to play again too.
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

I'd like to play also if there's still time.
Boo
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Okay, shall we begin then?

I've randomly chosen two people to be werewolves. Since we don't have a lot of people, each night they will agree on a single victim (rather than each making their own kill). One is alpha; the other is beta. This is only significant if they can't agree on a kill, in which case the alpha's vote has priority.

There will still be two clues, just as before, so I want PMs from both werewolves.

Let the game begin:
---

It is now NIGHT.

Check your PMs. Two of you are werewolves. The rest of you can just sit tight and hope you don't wake up dead.

Werewolves: as per the rules, for this first night you've got 24 hours (until tomorrow at 1:00 am GMT / 5:00 pm PST) to agree on a kill and to come up with your clues.

Game Status:
1. ALIVE Timber-WoIf
2. ALIVE outwarddoodles
4. ALIVE Ronkonkoma
5. ALIVE Nishah
6. ALIVE Moon Daughter
7. ALIVE celtwolf
8. ALIVE Lone_Wolf
9. ALIVE Wolfhanyou

-- Vilkacis
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

I've heard from both werewolves, so I'm satisfied that the game will continue smoothly from this point, so the reasoning behind the first-day 24 hour rule is satisfied. Since I'm still waiting for a clue from one of the werewolves, I'm going to go ahead and allow the full 42 hours this time around, since collaboration by PM can be slow, especially at first..

Werewolves, remember: I want one clue from each of you -- two clues.

Thanks,
-- Vilkacis
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

It is now DAY.

Timber-WoIf is found torn to pieces!

First clue: "Evil lies at the very center of one's being," written in the victim's blood.

Second clue: "...and there is only silence where death walks."

Let the voting begin. Each participant gets two votes since there are two werewolves. The one person who has the most votes against them at the end of the voting period will be executed.

I encourage open discussion of clues before voting.

Voting will end:

1) If all participants have made their vote, or

2) 48 hours passes, ending at 3:30 am GMT / 7:30 pm PST.

Game Status:
1. [s]ALIVE Timber-WoIf[/s]
2. ALIVE outwarddoodles
4. ALIVE Ronkonkoma
5. ALIVE Nishah
6. ALIVE Moon Daughter
7. ALIVE celtwolf
8. ALIVE Lone_Wolf
9. ALIVE Wolfhanyou

-- Vilkacis

Post by Guest »

The doctor is seen installing a new lock on his door. He turns to his neighbor, and says "Vile beasts of the night shall not take this town hostage under tooth and fang! I fear they walk amongst us, and them we must conquer to protect our loved ones! I have heard the tale of such monsters eating entire towns. We must prevent the same fate from befalling us! Who do you suspect is behind this horrid act? Who is a creation of the unholiest?"

The doctor goes back to installing the lock.
Lone_Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lone_Wolf »

Sorry. The above post is mine.
Moon Daughter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Door to Darkness

Post by Moon Daughter »

(I guess I'll reprise my role as the wiccan healer)

"Your words are true Lone Wolf, we must defend ourselves against such horrors...but who among us does this creature posses?" questions the wiccan healer, her voice heavy with grief, "How can we find the demon among ourselves?

"Lone Wolf, I must ask you this...how was it that your lock was broken?" she says warily, "I'm am sorry if my question is random, but I merely seek to answer what plagues my mind. I hope to find solice in the fact that you are not one of the beasts..."
"He who make a beast of himself gets rid of the pains of being a man." -Dr. Johnson
Lone_Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lone_Wolf »

"I understand, friend. One must not overlook such things. But, fear not, my lock was not broken. I am simply changing it as a precaution. We are a tight-knit community, and a couple of my friends... at least I think they are friends..." the expression on his face becomes slightly paranoid, " in the community have spare keys to my front door. Should one of them be one of them, I would not wish to find out by their foul breath moments before I was slaughtered in my own bed.

"I suggest you do the same to protect your own well being..."
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

The Traveler looks up as he picks up the conversation between the two healers. He paused in his walk, as if debating on whether or not in joining. He had only been in this village for a few days, and he knew that with this killing he was sure to be a suspect, being that he was not a familiar one.

"Pardon me," he asks softly, approching the two. "I heard of the killing, have either of you know of any clues to this being? Did you know the person who was killed?"
Boo
celtwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by celtwolf »

{the village scholar walks over and views the clues} "well, let's see here."

First clue: "Evil lies at the very center of one's being," written in the victim's blood.

Second clue: "...and there is only silence where death walks."

"hmmm.....center of one's being.......could that be referring to one's heart? i have no idea what the other clue leads to, but i'll go with my gut and sat that 'heart of the pack' is the werewolf amongst us. i am sorry to pin this on you with so little evidence, but i must say that the clue points to you."
i'm just stating what i know and what i think, if you don't like it, you can leave me alone.

i am the well-read werewolf
:read:
Hearth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hearth »

The old inn-keeper sips his own beer by the hearth of his tavern.

"Evil times, evil times..."

"Those healers seem quite suspicious to me. Lone_wolf and Moon Daughter. Neither one of them has never enjoyed the brews of mine, and it seems very strange to me."
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

The Traveler brushed his gloved fingers against his scruffy chin, thinking. "I am not familiar with many people here, though I have listioned closely to gossip around the town... And I have an excellent memory. I agree with the scholar, in his reasoning. Heart of the Pack does seem to be a likely suspect..." His voice trailed off and eyed the two healers once more, and muttered softly to himself in a voice so low that one would have to be immediatly next to him to hear, "However I get an almost ominous feeling from Moon Daughter..."
Boo
Ronkonkoma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Going with the moon

Post by Ronkonkoma »

The Local Farmer scratches his head while thinking
"This killing is most horrible indeed, and this message, written in our departed Timber-WoIf's blood! Why do these supernatural creatures prey on the young and pure?"
Ronkonkoma shakes his head and listens to Celtwolf and Wolfhanyou, and nods tiredly

"I agree....the center of one's being in their heart....so it is likely our own dear innkeeper, Heart Of the Pack maybe behind this evil deed!. But if there are two werewolves.... Lone Wolf maybe one of them, getting a new lock to shut himself inside, and try to prevent himself from killing anyone else. "