Warp of the Cluithi

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Nishah
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Infuriae

Warp of the Cluithi

Post by Nishah »

Last edited by Nishah on Fri May 05, 2006 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sister of Wolves, seek your compagnions
You hear the call of the wild,
I summon your instincts
- Hagalaz Runedance/wake skadi
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keeper of useless knowledge and information

Post by Ancient »

Nishah when do you think that you might continue with this idea? Just a random OOC question.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

I'm getting everyone's characters palced within the setting.

You'll all get a mail with basic info soon... i'm guessing today :D

As soon as you get that, I'll post the first "basic storyline" pieces here and you can get rolling...
I summon your instincts
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

A dark forest spreads wide over the lands of the druids in the years after the crumble of the roman empire. Their spears lie here to rust by the great Mother Danu's touch. Their beliefs left to rot under the celtic dance and song.

Fires burn brightly in the forest and drums and flutes can be heard, chanting of joy and beating to the rythm of the tens of hearts dancing around the fire, consuming mead and ale as well as the lusts for their kinfolk and family.

As the raven soars over the treetops, guiding a lone Skald through the woods towards these fires, it sees the defenders of the caern. It sees their ears perk up and swords and spears being readied to intercept this intruder that has crossed into their lands

The stranger, walking in the wake of the raven that had offered it's service to her, feels the tingling of the Bawn... the mystical barrier that announces the territory of a sept of garou and their caern... Now is the time for introductions or bloodshed....

OOC : intro for Grayheart - the others reside by the fire and will be soon added to the story.
I summon your instincts
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger

Post by Grayheart »

The stranger stopped and hesitated a short moment, cursing herself that she hadn’t been aware enough to notice the Bawn earlier. But then she raised her voice and howled

*wolf-speech*
I have noticed your territory, garou of this land! I have come in peace and wish no fight for now! I am asking for permission to enter your territory and I bring news with me!

Now she would have to wait till the residents of this territory would have had time to face her and to decide whether they would give their permission or to deny it to her. On the one hand she was happy about the fact that she had found other garou but on the other hand she wasn’t sure if they would react friendly to her, since she was a foreigner to them. But she had to fulfill her task! She had to follow her leader’s orders!

So she waited and listened to the sounds of the near gathering place.

((OOC: I'm not sure which daytime we have now and not sure how I traveled - wolf-form or human-form - so I left it out, hopefully this was okay ...))
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

OOC : It's nighttime...

IC :

Howling was heard, adressing the stranger in harsh, threatening tones. The voice was strogn and confident, tinted with the deep, guttural voice of the Dire Wolf form of the singer.

*Howl*
Stranger-speaks-hollow-words.
Chonbadh-Claws-Deeply-demands-introduction.
Caern-guardian-Fostern-Ahroun.

The stranger clearly understood the meaning... One of the guards, A second-rank Garou called Chonbadh-Claws-Deeply demanded to know her name and tribe before they would care to let her approach...

Seeing as she herself was merely a Cliath... a first-rank garou... it would be wise to obey and be swift about it, ere the guardians strike out !
I summon your instincts
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

Again she cursed herself for being so careless not to give her name, even if she had been surprised and still shocked by the behind laying things it was an unforgivable thing not to tell ones name when howling the introduction!

*howl*
Raven-Wolf-Story-Seeker-I-am-now
Daughter-of-Blizzard-Strider-Hrafn's-Smile
Daughter-of-Breanne-Human's-Child
Daughter-of-the-Icy-Stream-Caern-Fenrir
Cliath-Galliard-of-now-dead-travel-company

She hoped that she had been fast enough with her reply ...

Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

There was a moment of silence, wherein only the distant drums and chants of the revel could be heard.
Then, as a ghost from out of the darkness, a red-coated wolf - not in any means a Dire walked up to the young Fenrir, giving a single bark that indicated that she expected to be followed closely by this newcomer.

The wolf walked towards the fires, shadows dancing through the thick foliage and bushes that grew between the age-old trees of the forest. As the silent wolf took the stranger towards the feast, more Garou - in various shapes - were apparent. Some in human form, conversing with others, both kin and garou - some in their war-forms, engaged in wrestling matches or drinking contests, loudly cheered on by various onlookers.

She purposefully walked to a group that held only three other Garou... all young it seemed, all waiting for an audience with the Sept's elder. Two young Celtic men and one girl. The men looked rather normal for their kind... decorated with the sigils of acceptance in this sept and sporting their new torcs around the neck... The Girl was... odd... like she was listening to some inadible music... a theurge ! clearly a theurge...

The stranger was left there, told to sit & wait for the elder... and not to make a fuss...
I summon your instincts
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

OOC : for the two Fianna - enter your characters...

IC :
Three Younglings gasped for breath as they exited the druid's cave.
The thick smoke had entered their lungs and made every inhalation like breathing liquid fire as the sept's theurge had worked the rites of initiation on all three of them...
Bright blue spirals decorated their bare chests, arms, legs and faces... still tingling from the herbs that made up the paint and the effect of the spiritual energies that coursed through them during the rite.

Brannu-One-Swig - renowned for his one-swallow-drinking - patted both of his fellow Cliath on the back in his usual flamoyant manner.

Come now Druid and you lawspeaker ! The deed is done and we can feast ! untill the elder acknowledges our right to stay here we had best keep to ourselves.....but we need not stay sober ! *hearty laugh*
So let's get to the mead and find us a mate for the evening huh !

With that he put his strong arms around each of them and nearly dragged them to a spot not far from the kegs of mead and ale, where - with a wink - he dropped them both and went to get three full drinking horns.

....And just as they had their drinks in hand, a young girl, with clothes and jewelry that spoke of the Nordic invaders' tribe came to walk over to them and was ordered to sit with them

OOC : please, take it from here... :D
I summon your instincts
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

She followed closely as she had been told. As they walked through the camp and the other feasting garou she took a look here and there. She also listened to the songs that were sung and heard the beatings of the drums.

As she was told to sit down with the three other younglings she sat down, holding her body straight and without any sign of insecureness. Her green eyes observed all three of them. There was nothing really special about the two men, but the young girl attracted her interest somehow. But she remained silent and waited what would happen. In the end this was their camp and it was up to them to ask the questions.

The smell of the mead and the promise of something to drink made her stomach growl, but she surpressed the feeling of hunger that tortured her since two days. She was nearly exhausted, but she also surpressed any signs of this weakness as she had been thaught by her folk. These were strangers to her and she had to show the strength of her own folk and not to blame them.

Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Kalan, the lawspeaker, relaxed with his drinking horn. He turned his blond head to regard the stranger, he nodded in acknowledgement before taking a swig from the drinking horn. The taste and feel of the mead flowing down his throat was very welcome after the thick, smoky air of the cave.

Silently, he waited for what was to come.
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

Brannu noticed Kalan glancing at the newcomer and leaned closer to him to whisper in a rather conspiring manner

*whisper* She's one of them nordic's... you know, the invaders that attack our nothernmost caerns, bragging about their "fenris" being stronger than all others...

He burst into loud laughter then

*normal voice* I'd love to see 'em come here and try !
I summon your instincts
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Nishah wrote:Brannu noticed Kalan glancing at the newcomer and leaned closer to him to whisper in a rather conspiring manner

*whisper* She's one of them nordic's... you know, the invaders that attack our nothernmost caerns, bragging about their "fenris" being stronger than all others...

He burst into loud laughter then

*normal voice* I'd love to see 'em come here and try !
Kalan grinned

"Don't underestimate possible foes Brannu, it might one day get you killed. But yeah, I think we could take 'em."
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

with a sidelong glance at the silent spirit-speaker, Brannu smiled broadly at Kalan's remark

No underestimation, law-speaker ! We Fianna, children of Great Stag, have always stood strong against those that seek to claim our lands - be it by force or marriage lets out a hearty laugh

I for one intend to continue that tradition... especially when they present themselves right here, at our own moots !

He stares at the silent girl again, nudging her with his elbow

What's up, wee lass ? The drink not to yer liking ? Or hungry ?
I summon your instincts
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Siobhan looked to Brannu after he nudged her. She blinked and then smiled. She then speaks in her soft and gentle manner.

"Something is strange in the air. It's troublesome."

She shakes her head then laughs a bit.

"The mead is good though."

She raises the horn to her lips and takes a drink.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

Brannu raised an eyebrow and then just shrugged as if dismissing a thought of no consequence.

Well sure the mead is good ! It's home brew !
Conhbad-laughs-alone invoked the favour of Grain, the spirit of brewing and blessed the mixture ! It'll be a good night for the kinfolk... Brewing and fertility, all rolled into one spirit.

Perhaps it's time to start looking for a mate around here...

He winked at both other Fianna when he said this

Around them, the revel was going at full intensity... - laughter, song and dance, couples intwined in loving embraces, packmates wrestling and testing eachother's strength... it was quite the sight...
I summon your instincts
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Siobhan simply accepted Brannu's dismissal. She knew he wouldn't understand these things.

"It shall be a great night for the kinfolk truely. All will go well."

She laughed a bit. She had always been a bit of a loner. Others seemed to either think her strange or not pay any mind to her at all. Except for her closest friends Brannu and Kalan. A small smile graced her expression as her long midnight black hair blew in a slight breeze.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

No underestimation, law-speaker ! We Fianna, children of Great Stag, have always stood strong against those that seek to claim our lands - be it by force or marriage lets out a hearty laugh

I for one intend to continue that tradition... especially when they present themselves right here, at our own moots !
It wasn't easy for her not to answer in the proper way to this hidden challenge that was seemingly directed towards her. She perfectly knew that this one called Brannu talked about her - not that surprising. A short flash of anger appeared in her eyes, but she fought it down - although Brannu had unawarely offended her with his words. She had come in peace and he accused her of being an intruder searching for trouble. And all of them denied her the virtue of hospitality that was due to those who came in peace into a camp. But she remained silent
"Something is strange in the air. It's troublesome."
But as she heard this words from the strange silent girl she looked up and her green eyes gave her a short gaze with a thinkful expression in her face. She then silently muttered something to herself.

*silently muttered words*
Yes ... she is right ... something terrible is going on ... I've seen it ...

Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

She heard the woman's words and turned her deep blue eyes to her and said gently.

"You've seen what lurks like a whispered fear on the edge of this night?"

She tilts her head to the side slighty as she does so a lock of silver hair could be seen. Ah, fey blood that explained her mysterious nature and her beauty.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

She gave the strange girl a short stern nod. She slightly raised an eyebrow as she saw the silvery hairlock. This explained a lot to her.

"Yes, I've seen it and this is the reason I am here - as a deliverer of alarming message. And not, as some seem to believe, as an intruder who wants trouble."

She then fell silent again, staring into the direction of one of the burning fires and observed the dancing flames. She wouldn't say more about what she had seen to them for now - first the elders had to be informed, because this was the proper way she had been thaught

Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Siobhan cast a look to Brannu and Kalan as if to say 'See I am not the only one'. Her deep blue eyes looked into each of the other Fianna's eyes it was as if they were looking into a sky so dark blue that it could be black. Yet, her eyes were searching as if wondering if the other Fianna sensed it too.
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

Brannu looked at both women with a uneasy stare, as if they had just placed a finger onto an unseen itch... an annoying wound that he couldn't quite identify

"Hrmm... and what message may that be, Fenrir ? A dark tiding I would thing, for one of your kind to come here alone and unaided ?"

He turned his head to the stars, shifted into his war-form and sniffed the air, as if to taste the quality of the night's sky by scent
I summon your instincts
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

She cast a look at Brannu as she heard his words and nodded slightly a grim expression on her face. Her green eyes spoke clearly of the horror she had seen but also about her will to face the danger again - after she had spread the word and done her duty.

"It is indeed a dark tiding I bring, Fianna, but none of your business is my message until your elders have heard it and decided to let you know about it."

A slight smile appeared on her face as she saw him shifting to his war-form and sniffing cautiously the nightair. A Warrior he was clearly - one who liked to fight a foe eye to eye. She would have liked to test his strength and fightingskills now, but she had been told to sit and wait and to not make a fuss - so she fought down the urge to challenge him immediately. Maybe there would be a chance for this later this night.

Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Siobhan shifted to her war-form for no particular reason. Her pelt was the same ebony black as her hair, but with one white paw and a white streak that resembled lightning ran down her muzzle and a streak of silver that ran across the back of her left ear. Her eyes were still the same deep blue and she too sniffed the air and turned her head to Brannu ears forward.

In wolf-speech.

"Something approches. Or is it just this unseen danger I smell?"

She said calmly.

(Sorry to add something so late. It makes it flow much better. I just realized that I did not type that.)
Last edited by Ancient on Thu May 11, 2006 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

A chuckle could be heard behind the assembled younglings. As heads turned, it became clear that the one responsible for the laugh was none other than the caern's ritemaster, an elder Fianna that went by the name of Sees-through-Stone.

She looked like a woman in her early forties, but with the radiant energy coursing in her face and piercing green eyes would be the envy of people half her age. Deep-red hair, woven with twigs of holly and misteltoe, cascaded down her back, but besides that no single garment covered her nakedness... save for an elaborate spiralwork of blue tatoos on her stomach, thighs and arms

Unseen danger lass ? Oi do hope ya dinna mean lill'ol me now ?
As fer you, child o'the great wolf, let us sit and talk...
I would hear ya message and speak before the council...

she remained standing, not asking any to leave or making any like gestures...
I summon your instincts