Warp of the Cluithi

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Xaltar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xaltar »

As the music picked up Night Stalker gazed on toward the festivities ever amused by the antics of his homid kin. He never quite could understand their strange mating rituals. A quick sniff, a growl for no a bit of a wave for yes, thats all it needed to be but somehow the homids had taken it to a whole new level of complication. He had to admit that it was fun watching them play thier silly little games. The dirt almost gone from his dark grey fur he turned his pale blue eyes toward the moon and pondered when he would be summoned. He had to fight back the urge to join the festivities but knowing that he needed answers was enough to sate the urge. He resumed his grooming
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Infuriae

Post by Nishah »

The young hunter gazed upon Siobhan, apparently clearly reading her intentions and resumed the dance with her, after a slight nod of respect. But it seemed that he was striving to out-do whatever her previous dance-partner might have done. He weaved in sync with the flames, jump-twirling around her, yet never fully removing his touch from her...He was out to prove himself this night...

As Night Stalker sat and groomed himself, he noticed the burning sensation of eyes in his back. As he turned, he saw a hulking war-form, covered in reddisch fur, arms adorned with multiple golden bracelets and a magnificent Torc, ending in roaring dragon's heads, around the neck. It's voice seemed like the grinding of stone upon stone...

You'll feel better at home near the other one of your "Get", won't you ? Why don't you move over there and keep from bothering us in too many places by spreading your.... presence.
I'm sure our Elders will pick out your reek when they need you.

The Silver Fang watched this scene from a mere few metres away... This would easily become a fight and dirupt the feast of their guests. It was clear that the leadership of Falcon would be needed here...
Sister of Wolves, seek your compagnions
You hear the call of the wild,
I summon your instincts
- Hagalaz Runedance/wake skadi
Alexus
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Alexus »

Nishah wrote:The Silver Fang watched this scene from a mere few metres away... This would easily become a fight and dirupt the feast of their guests. It was clear that the leadership of Falcon would be needed here...
Alexandra silently snarled and the fine hair in the place where her hackles would be stood up. Drunken men, Garou or human, were not content unless they stirred some trouble. She was itching to put that arrogant simpleton in his place but that would turn the whole intoxicated Fianna crowd against her. Alexandra restrained the urge to shift into her battle form. A finer approach was required here. She stood up and took a few swift strides towards the two Garou, making sure her posture was confident but not threatening. Raising her voice loud enough so that some of the surrounding sept members would hear she said:

Evening boys, I have heard far and wide of the legendary hospitality of the Fianna and it is good to see that all the praise is true. - Turning now to the offender in question with a sly smile she continued. — I am sure your elders would be pleased to see how well you uphold your tribe’s reputation.

The ball was in his court now. If he were to attack her or the Fenrir after what she just said it would be like publicly denying the hospitality of his tribe. No matter how drunk he was he would not do something as foolish as that. Ready for whatever the outcome may be she stood firm waiting for his response.
Xaltar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xaltar »

Night Stalker, rather angered by this strange Fiana’s rude remark against the Fenrir, took hold of his anger and pushed it aside. The stranger bore the signs of a warrior with much Renown. Knowing this he decides not to make an issue of it and shifts to his war form, revealing the numerous battle scars across his broad chest and groin, to speak with the warrior on even terms.

(in Garou) Hail warrior, I am honoured to meet thee. Much as I would like to accommodate your request, I have been ordered to remain here and await summoning. Might I know the name of such a kindly warrior that I might speak of your kindness to thy elders. How thoughtful of thee to see me alone and suggest that I join the other of my tribe. Extends a friendly hand of greeting.

And greetings to you follower of the falcon, I am honoured to make your acquaintance. Bows head in greeting

Although mildly annoyed at the intervention of the Silver Fang he was grateful for what she said.
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keeper of useless knowledge and information

Post by Ancient »

Siobhan danced with the hunter and then noticed the near fight. Ever the peacemaker yet not entierly timid she lifted her head and howled a warning. Her howl was completely wolf like even though she was in her human form. She knew it might anger the Fiana, but he may sense the power and sureness of her voice. Then she heard the words of the other two and resumed her dance. She knew that the Fiana may still react angry to her, but she didn't give it mind.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger

Post by Grayheart »

Although she was deeply sunk into the rhythm the warning howl attracted her interest. She was used to listen to her surroundings for trouble even if she did something completely different than watching out for danger. So she looked up and scanned the area with her emerald-green eyes, never leaving the rhythm.

When she saw the three garou standing at the border of the camp a short bolt of joy rushed through her blood as she saw the grey-furred one who was clearly one of her own folk. But this feeling of joy soon melted into the suspense of awareness for a near fight. The whole bodylanguage of the three - especially the bodylanguage of the red-furred Fianna - spoke of nearing trouble. She couldn't hear the words that were spoken, but wanted nothing more than to stand beside her tribesmate side - although she perfectly knew that he wouldn't like her intervening, because he was Fenrir. Even now he seemed to be angered by the intervention of the whitehaired women.

She decided to stay where she was and to oberve the scene instead of walking over to them. It wasn't wise to intervene for her now - she was told to wait and not to make a fuss and going over to them would clearly end in this 'fuss'. But still she was alarmed and her gaze didn't leave the scene anymore while beating the drums.
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

As the howls and answers of all of these interfering garou reached the ears of the Fianna warrior, his muscles seemed to twitch of their own accord. It was clear that -though it may have been assumed- this garou was not suffering from the effects of alcohol...

Great fangs were bared when the lips of the Fianna drew back in what could only be seen as a mocking snarl... he seemed to completely ignore the Howl of his tribemate as well as the razor words of the Silver Fang

You take our caerns and steal our Kin and you DARE to hold out your hand in friendship ? Pull back this insulting appendage or prepare to have nothing left but a bloodied stump...

The eyes of the Fianna bored into the eyes of the Fenrir Spiritspeaker, looking for the heart of it's rage, seeking to show this intruder who the true wolf was...

from some distance a lone figure - too far away and obstructed by the crowd to be seen clearly - detached from a group and started to walk towards them...
Xaltar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xaltar »

Respectfully but without fear withdrawing his hand Night Stalker sees this will most likely end badly but tries to uphold his honor by talking the Fianna down.

Our two tribes are not on the best of terms but we have larger threats to concern ourselves with at present.

Bows head respectfully knowing that it would be dishonorable to challenge one of higher rank in his own domain.

If my actions did offend thee then I appologise. sincere sounding

There was a time to fight but this was not it. He took note of the appearance of the offending Fianna and stored it away for the future. The time to fight would come, just not this day.

Respectfully he turned and walked away towards the other of his tribe, shifting back to his Lupus form as he did so. Keeping his ears sharp incase the Fianna decided to attack. If he did there would be no shame in defending himself, something he was fully capeable of doing. One did not accumulate this many battle scars from being timid or weak.
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Siobhan finished her danced and walked away a few paces from the fire. She sets on a log not far from the Fianna warrior she did not fear him. She sat watching the dancers and the fire. Her deep blue eyes intent and serene. She had a slight smile on her face as if she heard music that others could not hear.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Kalan broke from the dance as well. Trouble seemed to be brewing, and damned if he was going to let some pig-headed jerk ruin the mood. He walked towards the gathering of Garou, forcing a smile onto his face and greeted the pugnacious Fianna.

"Fellow Fianna! Tonight is a night of reverly, of drinking and laughter and love-making! We shouldn't be spilling blood tonight. If you wish a fight, then why don't you have a friendly brawl with your fellows? Or, forgetting the fight, go have a drink and find a mate, eh? These outsiders are doubtless here for a reason, and I think you might end up in trouble with the Elders if'n you rough 'em up."

"I'm sure you don't want that, friend. So come, drink, be merry, and leave these outsiders for whatever it is the Elders want 'em for, alright?"
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

She saw her tribesmate walking over to her place in his lupus-form showing the Fianna warrior his back. Should the warrior attack him he would have all right to fight back. A slight smile appeared on her face. This grey-furred one knew perfectly when to fight and when not - and he certainly was no coward who fled from all fights - his numerous scars that came now in sight clearly spoke of it.

She also saw that the strange woman who clearly was a Theurge - Siobhan she recalled - also headed towards the trouble-maker and the whitehaired women. Then the young law-speaker also went over to the little group and started to infere with their business. She wasn't sure how this would end. But if a fight would occur uninvited by her tribesmate she would answer in the proper way.

Carefully she prepared herself for leaving the rhythm of the beating drums. Then she stopped beating and handed the little drum with a respectful bow over to the Fianna musician who had given it to her.

"I thank you very much, dear fellow musician! I owe you some songs in return, if you like 'em to hear of course. But will you excuse me for now, 'cause I'm still hungry from my long and hard journey?

Alexus
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Alexus »

Alexandra took a moment to regain control over herself. With rage filling up her innermost being, the beast was struggling to get out, but she had spend long years and effort learning how to control her temper. By the sheer power of her will she pushed the beast back and once again restrained the urge to shift into her battle form. There were too many people involved in this now and further provocation was not necessary. She turned to the newly arrived Fianna who also seemed to be trying to correct the situation and spoke again:

"My Fianna brother speaks true. Shedding each other’s blood on this night or any other would achieve nothing. Let us save our strength to combat The Wyrm wherever it dwells and whenever it breeds as was ordained by our ancestors!"

The tension in the air was almost palpable. What would the crazed Fianna warrior do? Death and bloodshed in this night could start a tribal war and that must not happen! Alexandra tensed her well-trained muscles in readiness to use her supernatural speed, should the Fianna warrior attack the Fenrir while his back was turned.
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

The musicians accepted the drum back with a small nod.

We'll be looking forward to hearing yer songs 'ere the night's end, Moondancer ! It would be very bad form to let these tales go untold by this great fire... and who knows... if you are good enough, we might even repeat them...

After these short words -and another gentle smile - the man resumed drumming, seemingly untouched by the hours of festivities and music he had already made possible

Over where the group of young Garou stood face to face with the Fianna warrior, things were not so cordial...

As the Fenrir turned to join his tribemate, a clearly visible look of pleasure crossed the Fianna's snout. He uttered a low growl, turning to a higher-pitched whine of a distressed cub...

Hah ! I thought I saw warriors of the Great Mother before me, but now I hear nothing but the whining of defenceless cubs ! You are not worthy to feel the claws of the Children of Dire !

He turns sharply towards the Silver Fang

And since when are the Fianna brothers of the Silver-haired Usurpers ? What the Fenrir take by force in the North, your people take by trickery and smooth words in the south ! What makes you think your council is even wanted here ? How dare you presume to lecture a true Child of Dire about combatting the Serpent Eternal ?

The pose of the warrior went from proudly arrogant to outright agressive, pointing a hand full of sharp claws -palm up- in the direction of the snow-haired woman

And you, young Kalan ? Do you think they would allow us to join their revels without being sorely tested and even ridiculed ? Blood calls for blood, young Half-moon... and I have shed too much of it to tolerate these walking insults ! You should honour your tribe by demanding contrition for their tribe's misdeeds before letting them gorge themselves on our hunting spoils !

He gazed upon the Philodox with barely contained disdain. He had obviously expected more from this one...
Alexus
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Alexus »

Alexandra’s forced smile dropped. Once again putting forth her will to calm the fury of her rage, she strained with the effort and a small bead of sweat trickled down her temple. As much as she had wanted to avoid the bloodshed on this night the Ahroun in her could not stand still while this arrogant fool insulted the pride and worth of the Silver Fangs. If a fight was unavoidable then let it be done properly as to avoid further violence between the tribes. Asking the Falcon for the strength to represent her Tribe honourably she turned directly to the Fianna warrior and spoke thus:

“I am Alexandra Iron Claw, Cliath, Ahroun of the Silver Fang and I tell you this Fianna warrior. I see all the children of Gaia as my brothers and sisters and I have walked far and wide to slay the servants of the Serpent Eternal. I believe that all our tribes should stand strong and united in the face of our enemy instead of shedding each other’s blood. I give respect to the Children of Dire for their worthy deeds and appreciate their hospitality but if you will force me, on this night of celebration, to defend my honour and that of my Tribe have no doubt that I will do so."

With these words she shifted to her battle form. Her height and size could not compare to those of the Fianna male but she knew that the purity of her linage made her appear as a hero of old in this form. Alexandra stood firm, showing no fear in facing this seasoned warrior. Mustering up all the dignity she could she awaited for his response.
Xaltar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xaltar »

Night Stalker slowed his stride and stopped, turning to see how the arrogant fool would react to the Silver Fangs response to his idiotic insult. The Fiana was showing himself even more of a fool as the moments passed. The Spirits were already disfavoring to his arrogant behavior. One does not insult a garou of lower rank for submitting to ones authority and higher standing as is propper. Night stalker was ammused at the stupidity of this so called great warrior. How he ever attained rank with such a stagnant simple mind was beyond his abbility to comprehend. The Silver Fang looked a formidable adversary, this would be amusing to watch.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

She nodded with an expression of agreement into the direction of the musician. She would tell some of her stories and she would honor through them the remembrance of her mentor and her lost pack. But not now. Other things were more important.

Her gaze then turned towards the coming trouble at the border of the camp. During the short moments that she had needed to free herself of the drumming the situation became worse than before. The white-haired women had changed to her war-form and it was obvious that a fight would soon begin if nothing was done to prevent this.

She began to think about what could have caused this trouble and while doing so she closely observed all involved garou’s body-language.
Well, she thought, this is a Fianna camp and he first showed his aggression to my tribesmate. She perfectly knew what was the matter then — she had seen this fights many times before and knew that the warrior surely had seen to many of his comrades fallen due to her own tribe’s activities. She understood his rage, she understood his anger. But still he was a fool — a hurted fool whose heart was darkened by his own feelings of loss and sorrow, of anger and hate. She had to remind him for what the mother had created the garou. For what the mother had created her and her folk.

With this thought in mind she started to walk over to her own tribesmate and stopped beside him. Without looking down she started to talk:

*wolf-speech*
I greet you, my fellow Fenrir! Good to see another child of Great Fenris beside me now in this foreign land. What’s the matter, by the way?

Xaltar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xaltar »

Night Stalker, still watching for any sign of a fight replied.

It would seem that the Fianna warrior found offence in our presence sister. He is driven by emotion and not thinking clearly, I fear his rage speaks for him at present. The follower of the Falcon is now his target for harsh words and insult, it seems to me he does not wish to go without a fight this night. He brings shame on himself. Shaking head sympathetically.

I feel may haps he is tormented by some great sorrow that clouds his judgement. May the mother soothe his pain.

He felt more comfortable now with another of his tribe at his side, he was lupus born and felt uncomfortable without a pack at his side.

I fear there is no way we can stop this.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

She finally looked down on her tribesmate with a surprised look on her face, her emerald-green eyes that were unusual under her own folk hiding an undefinable expression

*wolf-speech*
Why should we stop him? He's right, isn't he? Don't we kill his tribesmates? Don't we burn their Caerns and don't we steal their kin? Surely we do, in the name of Great Fenris! Blood calls for blood and all that matters is this eternal dance of life and death.

She fell silent for a short moment her gaze turning again into the direction of the argument

*wolf-speech*
How can he bring shame on himself in this way? He calls for revenge and who are we to deny this? If he calls for a honorable fight we are supposed to answer properly, brother, don't we?

Xaltar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xaltar »

Night Stalker was taken aback. Surely she knew the Litany?

Two major reasons and one lesser dear sister. Firstly, the Litany tells us to submit to those of higher station, his actions go against the mandate of the sept leaders who have welcomed us into their domain and granted us sanctuary. Secondly, the Litany also tells us to respect those beneath you, he is of higher rank than we and thus should not try to force confrontation with those beneath him, this is most dishonourable. You would not challenge a cub would you? The last and perhaps lesser reason is he mocked me for submitting to his authority as my superior, also most dishonourable as I was abiding by the Litany in MY actions.

Ahroun will tend toward violence but they must use wisdom in picking their fights, something he clearly has not done. Fiana, Fenrir, Silver Fang, we are all Garou and hence must abide by the Litany above all else. We should not be held responsible for the actions of our forbears, it was not I or you who caused his pain.

He shook his head, it was clear that the first change of the young Fenrir had not been too long past, either that or she had had little time to learn the ways of the Garou. He felt it his duty to help his fellow Fenrir to learn that which she needed.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

A smile crossed her face while she listened to her tribesmates words.

*wolf-speech*
Wise are your words but you should better listen to the things others tell you. I said that we will answer in the proper way to a honorable surrender. His surrender wouldn't have been honorable and so we don't have to answer with a fight.

Her gaze turned down to him and her eyes clearly spoke of many hard years - like her scars did, too. Subconciously her right hand wandered to her left arm. Her fingers came to rest on the upper half of it, laying closely beneath four clearly visible parallel scars.

*wolf-speech*
And, dear brother, doesn't the Litany also tells us this: Respect the territory of another? Do we, as a tribe - not we as individuals - follow the Litany in this way? Aren't we also guilty as a tribe? Surely he is a fool and surely he lets his pain take control over his actions - but he sees us as represantatives of our tribe and not as the individuals we are and thus he makes us responsible for our tribes deeds. He is blinded by his darkened feelings and thus is making a fool out of him in his own tribes eyes.

Her grip around her arm tightened a little bit and the expression in her emerald eyes changed slightly, showing a barely hidden anger

*wolf-speech*
Besides this, one more thing: Never again dare to talk to me like I am a young cub, brother. Many garou I have been and the last daugther of the Icy-Stream-Caern I am. And in this function, brother, I bear all my lost pack's stories and songs that great Torgrimm Blood-in-the-Winds had thaught me before all were killed by the Fianna. All right would I have to demand revenge for my lost pack from them all if I would think like this warrior over there - but here I am baring no grudge, 'cause this is the way of the mother: One fights and wins - and one fights and looses. Like I already said: The only thing that matters is the eternal dance of life and death.

With this words she directed her attention again towards the arguing garou.

Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Siobhan had finally had enough. She got up with a low growl and gracefully approached the group. Her emotions were intense her dark blue eyes seemed to blaze and yet there was an errie calm about her. She stoped and held out her hand.

"Peace be to you my Fianna brother. Truely you are a great warrior. "

Her ebony hair blew in a gentle breeze.

"My fellow Fianna. Truely as great of a warrior as yourself would not dishonor those who have granted sanctuary to these."

The lock of silver in her hair seemed to shine.

"The spirits are angry with your actions. Perhapse it is best not to anger them."

She knew that she was the left hand of justice for the spirits and must speak for them.
Xaltar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xaltar »

[deleted]
Last edited by Xaltar on Sun May 14, 2006 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

OOC Note to all :

Let's all assume that statements made here reflect the CHARACTER'S point of view, not the PLAYER'S. As I know all players involved, I doubt this confusion will ever occur !
If there is any doubt as to PLAYER anger, please settle this through private message in order to keep the "visual disruption" of the thread to a minimum.

Thank you.
Sister of Wolves, seek your compagnions
You hear the call of the wild,
I summon your instincts
- Hagalaz Runedance/wake skadi
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

OOC: Wise thought Nishah. I will take note of it. *hugs*
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

Just as the Fianna Ahroun was going to react to the words of the Silver Fang, a slender hand placed itself on the side of his arm and gently stroked down in his fur.

The figure that had been spotted by some as it detached itself from another group had finally made it here... a slender woman, with beauty that compared to the beauty of falling snow in a harsh winter... very pleasing to look at, but always with the prospect of grief at the end... She was tattooed all over... arms, legs , shoulders, neck and face and what could be seen of her chest... swirling blue spiral designs hat seemed to intertwine with eachother, up to a point that it became impossible to trace.

*whispered words in an unknown language*

The War-form of the Fianna twitched again when he listened to her words. He growled, looked at her with an almost dissapointed look and then strode off, with great steps towards - what seemed - his packmates

The woman then turned towards the group of Garou that had been talking to the Warrior, looked them up and down - eyes revealing no emotion. then she spoke, in tones like the cracking of ice

Do not take my actions as proof that you were right... I merely didn't want
bloodshed to spoil my evening...

Then she turns and walks over to the Fianna and his pack, joining in the laughter and drinking...

And you all find yourself together, staring at eachother and the strange woman...