The place for anything at all...
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Werewolf Comics

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Hey guys :P

I don't know if anyone's heard of these or it's been posted :( -ears flatten- don't kill me,

But these are good ones with weres in them. The first is 'Scare Tactics' about a bunch of misfits. If the weres had tails, wow they'd be perfect, but the design is pretty awesome. They do follow what their human appearance is, especially in the werewolf issue. The various characters are interesting.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Cavern/ ... CFang.html

Or just google it.

'Crimson' is a good comic series. I have yet to get my paws onto more! They're sort of hard to find here and hard to even order. They're more supernatural horror I suppose, don't know but theres werewolves in them. Mainly about a vampire though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimson_(comics)

And Wolfsbane aka Rahne Sinclaire

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Cavern/ ... sbane.html

Of X-men and some other series too. She sometimes is a full wolf, sometimes halfway, sometimes she has a tail, sometimes a snout, she looks very different in various pictures. But very cool character!

There are a lot anyway but those are a few I noted.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Werewolf Comics

Post by ChaosWolf »

Kirk Hammett wrote:Wolfsbane aka Rahne Sinclaire

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Cavern/ ... sbane.html

Of X-men and some other series too. She sometimes is a full wolf, sometimes halfway, sometimes she has a tail, sometimes a snout, she looks very different in various pictures. But very cool character!
Mmm... Rahne... Scottish sex with a tail, baby.

Interesting fact, by the way, according to preproduction sketches made by "Wolfsbane" co-creator Bob McLeod...
The character of Wolfsbane, instead of being a young Scottish girl named "Rahne Sinclair", was originally going to be an adolescent young man of Indian/Middle-Eastern descent, named "Mirazhi Shabandar".

SO glad they scrapped THAT idea.
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

yeah Ive heard of all those comic book werewolves, its a shame I dont have one of them. :(
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
hydrocarbon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Random passerby

Post by hydrocarbon »

Here's a moderate page with some listings of werewolves in comics (and more - tv, film, etc.) - http://www.ugo.com/channels/filmtv/feat ... comics.asp

Also, the sequential version of one of Neil Gaiman's (rather Lovecraftian) stories, Only The End of the World Again has some beautiful artwork inside (don't be discouraged by the cover), I think a lot of you would like the werewolf crinos design too. I'd scan a few pages but I don't want to bend my comic out of shape :p
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/192999 ... e&n=283155

Then there's always Marvel's Jack Russell, the Werewolf-by-night :)
"Weresharks? You idiot, there's no such thing as wereshaAAAGH OHGODMYLEG!"

Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Haha there's some awesome ones, but I have nowhere to get them. I went in and asked about werewolf comics, it's hard to search in the store, it's hard when you don't know whether they're Marvel or Dark Horse or something, and they told me there were hardly any werewolf comics, I'd basically gotten the lot!

I did find some artwork but it didn't say what comic it was from. There were all sorts of monsters, really beautiful piece of work. I want it but it costs a lot. Had a werewolf hwlwnk
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

I've got a list of werewolf and transformation comics (links to online comics at the bottom of the page) at:

http://www.lycanthropes.org/shapeshifter/comics.htm
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Hey thanks Jamie and everyone! Awesome! :P

Edit: Those are awesome! I'm browsing around them now, I'm sure I've seen some of those and not known they were were comics, in the comic store in the city.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Herpscott
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Herpscott »

Has anyone posted this online comic yet?

http://sorcery101.comicgenesis.com/

I have gotten into this story so far - an everyday good guy who is a werewolf and the trials and tribulations of his family. It also includes mages, vampires, and demons. The main focus is werewolves though.
"Ignorance is Bliss to those Uneducated" -Nick Hexum of 311

Please don't shoot me!!
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

It's a webcomic, but Fur Will Fly had a werewolf in it near the beginning.
forsaken_wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Present of Darkness

Post by forsaken_wolf »

Man I would like to check out them comics but like I'm nowhere near any comic stores which and I would order them on the net but I'm not 18 yet oh well some other time I will in the near future :lol:
"lolis"
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Oooh more online comics! I liked that Theri There one! Thanks guys!

Yeah ordering online is annoying but Im going to try get the last issues of Scare Tactics that I am missing.

Edit: Haha!! That comic is great! I like the fact he has a tail haha! And those idiot spell casters...I'm reading more!

I gotta read that Fur one too. Haha free entertainment!
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Herpscott wrote:Has anyone posted this online comic yet?

I have gotten into this story so far - an everyday good guy who is a werewolf and the trials and tribulations of his family. It also includes mages, vampires, and demons. The main focus is werewolves though.
Just so you know. The werewolf Brad is not the main character. Danny is the main character. Don't be disapointed when the next story arch doesn't focus on werewolves.
Herpscott
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Herpscott »

Figarou wrote:
Herpscott wrote:Has anyone posted this online comic yet?

Just so you know. The werewolf Brad is not the main character. Danny is the main character. Don't be disapointed when the next story arch doesn't focus on werewolves.
I would NOT have known that. I only started getting into this a couple months ago and it has focused on Brad and his wife mostly. Regardless, I think some of the writing is quite witty and the premise is likeable.

Please don't shoot me!!
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

That message I posted was from the comic creator herself, Herpscott.
Herpscott
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Herpscott »

Well, I hope that Brad and his family continue to be a big portion of the story, but I know that I don't have much say the the creators' process.

In fact, she probably has the next 6 monsths already written and drawn - AND SHE IS JUST KEEPING IT FROM ME - OH sorry...yeah.

Bye

Please don't shoot me!!
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Hey guys :) smile!

Yeah I loved the comic a lot!! I enjoyed all the characters, not just for the werewolves. I really thought the teacher was just a crack up! The fact he was a teacher shocked me at first! Boy I wish I could buy a copy of the comic. Rather than internet reading. I see a lot of jokes that seem based off Buffy to me, and some other show or comic...forgot what one it was now that I was thinking of. And the teacher actually looks like my old Chemistry demonstrator, Tom. (Tom was a good mate of mine) They look very alike. Height and all!
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

This one's particually good, well drawn and a killer storyline (Geddit? :thpt2: )

http://alphaluna.comicgenesis.com/
*When you're down... howl*
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Ofcourse its well drawned! Its by Lobo Leo
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Checking it out! :) Awesome! Looks very good so far. I like well drawn stuff, easy to see and interpret.

Edit: -Whimpers pitifully- the beginning ones won't work... :cry: Ill keep trying...

Edit: I believe I just found a commission for Freeborn

http://sorcery101.comicgenesis.com/comics/20060305.jpg

Hehe while reading the comic. I couldnt get the pictures on the Luna one to work, but I saw some amazing shift scenes. Pity, I want to read it!
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

But, it's all completely white. Is it a tribute to The Beatles?
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Ah -Scratches head and goes red- Well I guess the link didn't work. It was a werewolf eating duckies.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

Didn't you mean this one:

http://sorcery101.comicgenesis.com/d/20060305.html

I also noticed that it strangely resembles Figarou's avatar.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Heh...the secret is out. :o
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

Come on, why can't you tell us something about it? Please?
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

I'm also told The Wotch has plenty of transformations, and so does El Goonish Shive.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!