The Ghost in my computer....

The place for anything at all...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Ghost in my computer....

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Ok this is pissing me off and I dont think its spyware, when ever I try to go forums when I stop typing for a few seconds it just starts typing by itself. Please help me! This was the last message.

freeway of rodeos Roy O. O. O. A. O. K.-the say the say the new new as the day they love is the the classes were related to a new way of saying so I say they'll as they love is a new way to save the say if there's a sense while the San Jose insure their heads down so they owe a O. K. this a series of semi sacrifice very very effective in his M.S. Arafat having an effect of a sense of the event alike," so there are many more than five years following the one Lyon one U.S. are now they may I am saying is one of
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I think you might have a Hacker, but i don't know. i'm not exactly an expert with computers.

But my mom is CONGRATULATIONS!! you have a virus. my mom had the same thing happen to her computer a while back. you really need to buy some anti-virus software. I got McAfee guarding my computer i recomend it. It also has some premo fire wall hacker protection. :)
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I have pandaware titanuim 06 which is the best in the market right now.
If it was a hacker, would they be trying to do more harmful stuff to my pc? all its doing is typing when I get on forums. I think someone is using my IP address or using my account.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

dude it's a virus i asked my mom what it was and it's a virus. she knows computers she was a product manger at Novell (some software company) she knows what she's doing, if that pandaware titanuim 06 software has a virus scan you should use it immeadiatly.
Last edited by Anubis on Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Reminds me of the variation of the "Melissa" Virus my mothers PC got stuck with a few years back. Weird messages would plant themselves into any kind of text document.

I was so confused...

Some viruses are soo wierd.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Actually, it sounds more like a Trojan horse program. Viruses work automatically, whereas this looks like there's someone actively interacting. Either way, you've got a serious security breech that needs to be patched now. You should stop reading, go to the nearest electronics store, and get a firewall and antivirus software by a reputable company--I'd recommend Zone Alarm Security Suite, but there's always Symantec, the industry favorite. Either way, shut down your computer now, to minimize its opportunity to do damage until the fix is done.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

It only does it like half the time. And I do have a firewall in place aswell as protection agients known and unknown attacks.
Image Image
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Yes, I've had that happen to one of our computers a year or so back. I'm doubtful anyone has hacked into your computer, but that it's just some strange virus or spyware. I recomend just trying to flush your computer of all viruses, spyware, or defects with a special program. I'm sure some people here may know of some.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

I recently had a trojan activate in my computer so we went to get it fixed, 5 unknown viruses 300 spy-wear

good thing we got it when we did
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Whatever it is, it's time to flatten, and re-install.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

Lupin wrote:Whatever it is, it's time to flatten, and re-install.
Agreed. If you can't fix it, and it's so demonstrably significant a thing, back up any data (DATA, not programs) you can't live without and reformat, reinstalling from scratch. Windows users should do this every year or two anyway.
Sanity is relative.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

The problem with antivirus programs of any kind is that they need to be frequently updated as the hackers themselves update their viruses to counteract the new updates. If it's been a while since you've updated your protection, this would be a good indicator that it's time to do so.

Norton and McAfee are usually pretty good about preventing viruses from entering your system in the first place, but if you want to get rid of a virus quickly, I recommend CCleaner.