Celebrities with natural fur coats.

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I know...it's an exercise in absurdism :D I remember there was a flaw in the Children of Gaia revised tribebook, "Vegetarian, 2-pt Social." Basically you were a veggie before the change, haven't changed your ways, and among other werewolves you're at best not taken seriously and at worst the butt of every joke in the Sept.

I could see a stand-up werewolf. He'd probably be the "manic" type like Bobcat Goldthwaite or Robin Williams. I once played a game where one of the players did a Fianna Ragabash doctor (Caregiver/Jester). He used Hawkeye Pierce as his archetypal template.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I'd give up my a** (and a donkey.) to see a werewolf become president!

I'd imagine if a werewolf were to be in politics and posibly be in the Senate or soem court they they would have to be very in control werewolves with few wolf like tendacies, though humans can act much like wolves because of our similarities on how we have families or packs. Just pretty much a person who changes into a wolf sometimes, but a very good person indeed.
:richwolf:
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Heh...brings a whole new spin to "family values" :D :family:
ImageImageImageImage
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Okay, taking it a step further...say the werewolves came out and at least one of them got celebrity status *because* s/he was a werewolf? Draw groupies (wolfies?) striving to ultimately be bitten, people wanting him to tour and give demonstrations of shapeshifting and whatever magical-type use they'd have, crowds replying to his howls, et alia?

Shapeshifting, the ultimate performance art :shift: :femshft rvt hwlwnk
ImageImageImageImage
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Can get their own tv shows :D
Stay tune for 'Wallace the Werewolf'! :P
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

Then you'll have to worry about conspiracies and how in someway everything leads back to Roswell. Those tabloids that every week claim an angle got shot, me up. That wouldn't really be funny and I'm surprised that the church hasn't stepped in yet. but any that will truely be an ultimate act of tolerance a jewish, black, werewolf, woman as President.
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

My name is Scott Gardener, and I've been infected...

Post by Scott Gardener »

Yeppers, that's what I figured, too. The one who first came forward would instantly become a symbol of lycanthropy in general, and would instantly get pushed into the limelight. The religious conservatives would put his or her lupine face on the office dart board, while the lycanthropic community would pressure him or her to be a model citizen and take an active stand for lycanthropic interests and civil rights. The talk shows and late night appearances would probably take about a year or two, after first ironing out the legalities that werewolves, or "persons with lycanthropy," were indeed still human and thus subject to both laws and rights.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...