the size of a werewolf

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
MirathaGreatFairyGoddess
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: SamirathaGreat

the size of a werewolf

Post by MirathaGreatFairyGoddess »

may be a silly question, but usually or lemme take that back..anytime some1 becomes a werewolf, they are a normal-sized person at 1st & then they turn into a werewolf . Well what if the person that turned in2 a werewolf were fat or lets say a really really big person. Would that change the size that they would be as a werewolf in comparison 2 a normal-sized person that turned in2 a werewolf? :shift:

hope i didnt confuse any1 ??
You have been spoken to by SamirathaGreat
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stupid Girl

Post by Raina The Werewolf Queen »

You want to know if a fat guy will shift into a fat werewolf????
SEDUCTIVE AND DESTRUCTIVE

I WANT MY ANTHONY BROWNRIGG PLUSHIE RIGHT NOW !!!!!!
shey
Legendary
Legendary

Post by shey »

I think their is a topic about this allready I cant remember what it was

called but it is in the what a werewolf is topic.
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary

Can you even picture it.. The werewolf stands and it has a huge beer belly.... *goes to draw it* brb

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Re: the size of a werewolf

Post by Vuldari »

MirathaGreatFairyGoddess wrote:may be a silly question, but usually or lemme take that back..anytime some1 becomes a werewolf, they are a normal-sized person at 1st & then they turn into a werewolf . Well what if the person that turned in2 a werewolf were fat or lets say a really really big person. Would that change the size that they would be as a werewolf in comparison 2 a normal-sized person that turned in2 a werewolf? :shift:

hope i didnt confuse any1 ??
...IMHO...

I can't see how it could possilbly be logical for different sized people NOT to change into different sized werewolves.

As I see it, a 7-foot tall, 317 pound man would become a truely massive werewolf, and a 5' 2" woman of 119 pounds would become a comparitively small werewolf, relative to each others natural size.

I just can't get it through my head why anyone would think, or even consider, that two people of completely different physical builds and sizes would both become a creature of some static, carbon-copy shape, height and weight.

Of course the persons existing physical makeup will influence the form they assume mere moments later, transformed from thier own flesh. It is the ONLY logical assumption, as far as I'm concerned.

In other words, YES...I believe a "Fat" person with a big belly would be significantly chubbier when transformed than someone who is lean and fit.

...unless the metamorphosis is 100% magical, in which case the enchantment could quite easily have a very specific intended outcome, anywhere from a 100% ferral wolf of natural size, with NO hybridization, to a monsterous 12-foot beast of supernatural strength, torn out of your nightmares.

Really...it depends on the nature of the perticular line of Lycantropy in question, I suppose.

...but I am personally against werewolves being of a standardized size and shape in spite of the persons original measurements.

Naturally though, as these are Mythical creatures, it is certainly open to personal interpretation, so anyone is certainly welcome to disagree with me and create worlds in which all werewolves DO change to "Werewolf Size/Shape", regardless of if they are 4 or 7 feet tall, Fat or Skinny normally.

...heh...there I go again...making a point, and then disagreeing with myself in the same message.

I'm sorry if I am confusing anyone. This is just how my mind works.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

If a fat guy were to turn into a werewolf, he would be more fit and muscular and have less of a pot belly than hes human counter part, but he will still be chubbier than a werewolf who was TF from a skinny or fit guy.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary

LOL I just really wanan see a fat pot bellyed werewolf

Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Raina The Werewolf Queen wrote:LOL I just really wanan see a fat pot bellyed werewolf
As u Wish Raina..

http://howitzer.250free.com/fatwerewolfsketch1.jpg

http://img.sheezyart.com/art/medium/42/428360.jpg

http://www.baboon.co.uk/b3ta/americanwerewolf_thumb.jpg

:P :roll:
MirathaGreatFairyGoddess
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: SamirathaGreat

Post by MirathaGreatFairyGoddess »

yea i know its a weird question but it jus came 2 me all of a sudden
i'm jus sayin also that u never c a fat person turn in2 a werewolf either
im a dork
forgive me

:oops:
You have been spoken to by SamirathaGreat
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary

HEHE *rolls around giggling like a goof* thank you lol

Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

MirathaGreatFairyGoddess wrote:yea i know its a weird question but it jus came 2 me all of a sudden
i'm jus sayin also that u never c a fat person turn in2 a werewolf either
im a dork
forgive me

:oops:
Cause that will just plain be stupid. The only thing that a pot belly werewolf would fit in is a twisted comedy book or movie.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

(Pulls out English-to-Text Messaging / txt msg 2 Eng book)

I've myself always been an advocate of conservation of mass. That is, my own take on werewolves weigh the same regardless of form. It makes the shifting process possible purely biologically, without having to resort to more magical explanations or bizarre acts of quantum physics.

One trade-off of this is that other peoples' werewolves can beat up mine, because they're bigger.

Freeborn, based on information readily available, without giving away any important leaks, would seem to be a soft-magic system, one that follows biological rules closely but bends a few, and thus, a size difference would appear to be available. Brownrigg has said in the past that any such would be comparatively minor, however. So, again, the proportionate size rule would still apply--larger people make bigger werewolves.

OK. Now the text-message shorthand:

I luv =mass there4 my wwolves -->wolves m=same. Makes bio pure w/o magic or Q fizks. But, other wwolves 8 mine, :( FB maybe soft-maj, but AB say size OK.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary

HEY lets put a fatty were in the movie...noooooo what was I thinking

PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

*shrug* I wouldn't mind a large person in the movie. I'm a big proponent of casting real people.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

PariahPoet wrote:*shrug* I wouldn't mind a large person in the movie. I'm a big proponent of casting real people.
I agree...I think the idea that only fit, thin, sexy people can be characters in movies (other than comedies) is stupid.

Watching 'Normal' people in "extrordinary" situations pulls me in much more than super-extrordinary people making extrodinary situations seem normal. Not all protagonists need to be Superheroes or SuperModels for that matter.

...besides...heavy or frail people can be 'Extrordinary' too.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

*agrees with Vuldari*
But I doubt we'll ever see it happen. :-/
People are so hung up on perfection...
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary

I don't have anything agenst bigger people.. Some of the peopel I care about the most are on the larger side. ^^

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

PariahPoet wrote:*agrees with Vuldari*
But I doubt we'll ever see it happen. :-/
People are so hung up on perfection...

Hmmmm........perfection?

Ok......what would happen if an overweight human gets bit by a werewolf?

1st off, being overweight is not considered healthy. Ever seen them run? They are always catching their breath and tires out very quickly. They are out of shape from lack of exercise. A chance of a heart attack is more common with people suffering from obesity.

Now.....do you think a human with obesity will survive the transformation when the heart starts racing? Probably not.

Thats probably why there is no fat werewolves.

And how would a werewolf stay fat if his metabolic rate is very high?
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary

OHHHHHHHHH.... thats good thinking

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Raina The Werewolf Queen wrote:OHHHHHHHHH.... thats good thinking
Yes it is.

Obesity is also linked to diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, asthma, and arthritis.

If the heart doesn't fail during the 1st transformation. The higher blood pressure will bust some viens and he may die from that.
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary

Yeah.. You know more about this then I do.. But i'm only studieing vet medicine.

Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Figarou wrote:And how would a werewolf stay fat if his metabolic rate is very high?
By that logic, a skinny person couldn't be a werewolf either, because their metabolism would run so fast it would litereally eat away their own body because there's not enough there to nourish them.

One of the reasons it's so damn hard to keep weight on thoroughbreds is because of their metabolism. I fed that mare constantly, and she was perfectly healthy and parasite free, but she was still skinny as a rail.

With the rate you're envisioning - high enough to make someone fat look like they went on a serious diet - it would easily kill anyone who didn't have enough weight on them.
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary

*rolls over in confusion* it a werewolf even exists i'm sure even all this science you are talking about would have to be rethought

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Set wrote:
Figarou wrote:And how would a werewolf stay fat if his metabolic rate is very high?
By that logic, a skinny person couldn't be a werewolf either, because their metabolism would run so fast it would litereally eat away their own body because there's not enough there to nourish them.

One of the reasons it's so damn hard to keep weight on thoroughbreds is because of their metabolism. I fed that mare constantly, and she was perfectly healthy and parasite free, but she was still skinny as a rail.

With the rate you're envisioning - high enough to make someone fat look like they went on a serious diet - it would easily kill anyone who didn't have enough weight on them.

True.

But I'm not saying the metabolism is always high. Its higher than a normal human. That I know.

The transformation itself may take up lots of energy. After that, the metabolism could drop a bit.

But to maintain energy...well...all they need to do is eat. But how much?

Or..since werewolves can learn to control thier shift..why not control thier metabolism?

Oh....being healthy doesn't mean you can be a werewolf if bitten.

There has been cases of "mysterious deaths." Perfectly healthy young people that died a natural death for no reason.

"People who died but shouldn't have died."

Nobody's perfect.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Oh..one more thing. We all know certains foods can provide quick energy.

For that extra burst of energy, we've narrowed it down by eating an energy bar or drinking an energy drink.

How would that benefit the werewolf if he needs to get "energized?"

Wolves eat meat. Does the werewolf have to eat meat for energy? How much will he need to sustain him?