the size of a werewolf

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Timber-WoIf wrote:but, im sure most of the general public would favor female werewoves that got bigger breasts when they tf'd too...

(is currenty dazed, confused, and gennerally out of it....)

Not the general female public.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

At no point whatsoever durring this conversation have I made the claim, or even suggested that the "Classic" interpretation is MORE-POPULAR than the Hulking, Supersized, Car-Crushing SuperBeasts that you are all obsessed with...

...but since when did "The Pack" become a group where only werewolves,
(or rather, the Fans of...) 7'0" or taller are welcomed and supported?

I'm sorry, but some of you are flaunting the poll numbers like Elitist $%^#$%#.

Who the **** to you think you are?!

SO WHAT if 9/10 Pack Members prefer the "New-Werewolf"?

What does that make the Other members? "LOSERS"?

---------

I am a fan of the Werewolf Mythology for the "Animal" and the Psychology of a Lycanthrope's existance ... not because I am obsessed with who would kick who elses @**.

I may be of a minority opinion, but I am not the ONLY one.

...and yet, time and time again, YOU treat US like cannon fodder...like, because we feel differently than most, our opinions are something to be ignored and scoffed at...like we don't matter, and our ideas are worthless.

Statements like what ShadowWulf said suggest that at least some of you apparently look at the Werewolf Fandom as if people with opinions and preferences like my own, don't even EXIST !

--------------

I'm not asking you to change your opinon, and stop being a fan of "The Incredible HULKwolf".

All I'm looking for is for you to stop acting like the "Classic" Werewolf is dead, or carrying on as if the old legends and stories have all ceased to exist.

(I swear...some of you seem to be actively trying to KILL it.)

SOME of us support minority opinions and are fans of, apparently, 'unpopular' ideas...and we like them very much, regardless.

All I have been doing is trying to give logical explanations for why I stand by my opinions as stubbornly as I do,
( and maybe open you minds to maybe looking at the old ideas again), and all I have gotten in response (from most) has come off feeling like:

"...No One Cares. Shut Up and Go Away."

---------------

...so much for "The Pack" being the freindliest, most open-minded and welcoming Werewolf Fan Community on the internet.

...because apparently, if you DARE to suggest the appearance of a Werewolf shorter than 6 feet tall, then you SUCK and everyone will give you nothing but discouragement untill you are driven to leave.

Image ...I guess I know who MY freinds aren't...
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Um, I still like the wolfen like werewolves, but I just think thier mostly meant to have a different role than being the ones that are like in most of the werewolf movies today, Comapny of wolves used them very well. Also I must say this: "Now you know how I feel with the underworld werewolves." :grinp:

Feel outnumbered dont you, but you never feel outpunned cause of you passion for it.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

I don't think there was really any flaunting or taunting of any kind, at least not intentional...
Perhaps you should all take a deep breath. no BFD, right?
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Shadow Wulf wrote: "Now you know how I feel with the underworld werewolves." :grinp:

Feel outnumbered dont you, but you never feel outpunned cause of you passion for it.
"Touche" Image

"Viva Le Difference"
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Timber-WoIf wrote:I don't think there was really any flaunting or taunting of any kind, at least not intentional...
I just did a bit of research by going back through this conversation, and similar conversations in different threads, and I came up with an interesting conclusion.

It's all Renorei's fault... -jk

Honestly though, she has a NASTY habit of falling back on previous polls, and "Majority" opinions whenever anyone challenges her favored opinon...making it look and sound like EVERYONE agrees with her, and that whomever it providing the contrasting opinon is a 'Fool' for even bothering to argue.

(Note to Self: ...don't give a $*** the next time Renorei tries to selfishly CRUSH my opinon with poll numbers...)

So I will go on continuing to believe that... "Classic Werewolf" > "HULKwolf"

ShadowWulf will go on loving the "Underworld" Werewolves...

And niether Renorei, any poll, nor anything else can ever make our opinions worth any less than anyone elses.

So There...

:grinp:
Last edited by Vuldari on Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Vuldari wrote:
Timber-WoIf wrote:I don't think there was really any flaunting or taunting of any kind, at least not intentional...
I just did a bit of research by going back through this conversation, and similar conversations in different threads, and I came up with an interesting conclusion.

It's all Renorei's fault...

She has a NASTY habit of falling back on previous polls, and "Majority" opinions whenever anyone challenges her favored opinon...making it look and sound like EVERYONE agrees with her, and that whomever it providing the contrasting opinon is a 'Fool' for even bothering to argue.

(Note to Self: ...don't give a $*** the next time Renorei tries to selfishly CRUSH my opinon with poll numbers...)

So I will go on continuing to believe that... "Classic Werewolf" > "HULKwolf"

ShadowWulf will go on loving the "Underworld" Werewolves...

And niether Renorei, any poll, nor anything else can ever make our opinions worth any less than anyone elses.

So There...

:grinp:
You're not exactly blameless yourself what with your martyr-like attitude. Either way, this has really gone too far.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Lupin wrote:You're not exactly blameless yourself what with your martyr-like attitude. Either way, this has really gone too far.
True enough... Image

...I think we ALL (myself included) need to realise that, when we have an argument here over a difference of opinion, no one needs to, or should "LOSE" the argument.

There are no "Losers" here... :)
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Vuldari wrote:
Lupin wrote:You're not exactly blameless yourself what with your martyr-like attitude. Either way, this has really gone too far.
True enough... Image

...I think we ALL (myself included) need to realise that, when we have an argument here over a difference of opinion, no one needs to, or should "LOSE" the argument.

There are no "Losers" here... :)
Except for those big putzes on that stupid "The Biggest Loser" reality tv show.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Apokryltaros wrote:
Vuldari wrote: There are no "Losers" here... :)
Except for those big putzes on that stupid "The Biggest Loser" reality tv show.
Or everyone on Springer.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

And i thought i felt like i was the one who nagged the most.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

[NOTE:] I would like to give a quick apology to Renorei.

I was angry, and my response came out very unfair to her. She is merely supporting her opinon and preference the best way she knows how, just as I am.

Though I meant that message to be semi-sarcastic, it was still out-of-line to say that my troubles are "All HER fault".

I'M SORRY. Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

(this is the cue where Renorei logs in, reads the post and say how shes sorry back) :wink:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Shadow Wulf wrote:(this is the cue where Renorei logs in, reads the post and say how shes sorry back) :wink:
I thought this was the cue where I capture Vuldari, tie him to a rotisserrie and baste him with soy-lime juice-barbeque sauce marinade.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Shure thing hannibal lector, would you like a side of fabba beans or fried brains?
Image Image
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

Don't feel bad Vuldari. I cut my personal breed off at 6' 3''. :P :D
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Shure thing hannibal lector, would you like a side of fabba beans or fried brains?
I prefer my brains sauteed in soy sauce and green onions.
-Calculon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Soy sauce!! Nah!! What you want to do is add Adobo, that makes anything taste better. :D
Image Image
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Soy sauce!! Nah!! What you want to do is add Adobo, that makes anything taste better. :D
Or maybe Baco-Bits.
Nothing spruces long pork, or brain of long pork like bacon-flavored soy flakes.
-Calculon
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

You know what? I never suggested that you were a loser or that you were lame or anything. Just because I don't like your idea of werewolves, doesn't mean I don't like you....that being said, I really really DON'T like your idea of what a werewolf should be (at least not for Freeborn...maybe for some other movie), and I am damn well entitled to say it if I feel like it (something which you have done on more than one occasion in reference to my idea of werewolves). And you know what? If the majority opinion of the pack happens to back up my opinion, you better believe I'm gonna post poll results. If the situation was flipped, I'm fairly confident that you would too.

So...I am sorry that you have somehow grossly misinterpreted my posts...and I am sorry that you just so happen to be in the minority opinion and that you're bothered by the fact that most of the pack doesn't share your views on werewolves and I am sorry if I have somehow worded my posts in such a way as to make you feel like less of a person...but I am not sorry for fighting for the kind of werewolves I prefer. That's the whole reason we're all here, after all.

I did not mean to alienate you in any way....that is never my intention in any of my posts. You are reading far too much into my posts, and that probably means you feel more strongly about your idea of werewolves than any of the rest of us do about ours...but you cannot let that cloud your judgement...you really need to relax, and not let these forums get to you...I, personally, don't get myself worked up just because some person on the internet doesn't like my idea of werewolves.

Anyway, once again, just because I think your idea of werewolves is 'lame' (as you have oft-quoted me) doesn't mean I think you are. So...chill.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

AHAHAHAHAHA what an apology, right? *bites nails*
Image Image
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

So it's settled for the compromise that we'll have the werewolves in Freeborn be 7 feet tall, and they'll wear elevator shoes, then?
-Calculon
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

*sigh* :(

I'm not sorry for having an opinion, or for expressing it, or for backing it up with numbers, or for disliking someone else's opinion.

But I am truly sorry if I have hurt Vuldari in any way, as I would never deliberately do that. Truly.

I'll try to keep in mind how strongly some people may feel about their views on werewolves in the future.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Allright, look...

The "WEREWOLF" as we know it is a mixed-up stew of dozens, if not hundreds of loosely connected, and in some cases completely unrelated legends, stories, myths and fairy tales that have all been mashed together in one great lump category.

There has never been ONE great, true, original, werewolf. It is, and allways has been many different ideas, with one overlaping common factor.

Man...and Wolf...Combined.

It has allways been interpreted in many different ways...and even some of the really old legends represented them as really big, bipedal monsters, such as in this old artpiece.

In recent years, a variation of this physical interpretation which has the equivilant physical atributes and abilities of a Superhero/villan was invented, and has since become VERY popular amongst geeky fantasy/sci-fi enthusiasts, such as ourselves.

I too have been inpired and entertained by these supernatural supercreatures.

...but I look back on all of those thousands of years of legends and stories, and I see so much more potential in the characters and the ideas behind the old Werewolf, or werewolf-like legends stemming from almost every culture on earth than just that one.

I think the legend of the werewolf should be used and interpreted for other things than just being the "most unstoppable, most powerful supernatural warriors ever".

I don't think that all werewoves should be warriors at all. That is only ONE possible use and outcome of combining a man with the body and mind of a wild animal.

There are so many different stories to tell. So many facinating, inspiring, frightening, and unexpected avenues to follow.

I wish to support and inspire others to see the possibilites that I can see, and explore the character anomoly commonly known as 'Werewolf' to all of its possible ends...and not just one.

But here...a self proclaimed meeting place of ALL TYPES of werewolf fans...I am consistantly faced with oposition and rejection of any idea that conflicts with that single one...the youngest and newest interpretation of what I werewolf could be interpreted as.

It is as if some of you wish to change every story and every werewolf legend there ever was to match up with that one, solitary, single-minded idea that a werewolf exists with the sole pupose and function of 'Kicking @**', and every atribte of its physical form, mental state, pool of strengths (and lack of weaknesses) and state of being should be modeled to ensure it's absolute domination over all other creatures, (natural, artificial, and supernatural), as the Ultimate being in the known universe.
:roll:

As such, I see that every interpretation of a werewolf that DOES NOT express unquestionable physical superiority over all other living creatures (especially Human Kind) is treated as a faulty version, and almost unanimously declared inferior and tossed aside as a "False" werewolf.

Inferior? Wrong?

...who's talking about "Freeborn" anymore anyway? That is Anthony's project.

I'm talking about exploring every possible angle of what a werewolf could be. I'm talking about seeing that a story about a Human who is focefully made to become a wolf, in mind and body, can be about so much more than that of a person choosing to take over the world with his uncomparable physical might and near-immortality or not.

...that there is great potential for character exploration of a werewolf that is NOT the greatest warrior ever...that ISN'T the most fearsome creature that any human has ever behold in a dark alley...

...but instead, stories of the incomparable experience of having ones humanity torn away from them...of being knocked off mans dillusional high-and-mighty pedistal of being master of MotherNature, and instead finding oneself at her great mercy and a link in the chain of life once more.

...stories where, instead of the person exploiting the strength and hunting prowess of a wild carnivore to conquer all of thier enemies and make all cower in fear of them, they are instead conquered themselves by the wild animal inside of them...

...stories of the adventures and mis-adventures of how they must struggle and cope to survive, and the fun mischief, as well as misfortune that enevitably comes from being part wolf...torn between two worlds, and unable to choose, but forced to exist as both till the end of thier lives.

When a werewolf is 9 feet tall, (when transformed), nearly invicible, can change at will, and thinks almost completely like a human...it is very hard for them to be anything BUT a raging, smashing, "Incredible Hulk"-like Superhero/villan.

That limits the theatrical possibilities, and range of possible character types and personalities so much if you make them ALL that way.

There are GREAT stories possible, and Great Potential in the exploration of the "FRAGILE", (No bigger or Stonger than a Regular Human or a Regular Wolf), NON-WARRIOR Werewolf. ...if you would only open your minds to the option.

OPEN YOUR MIND.

=^.^'= ~
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I have to agree with Vuldari that no one interpretation is "right". There are plenty of possibilities. Renorei likes giant, savage beasts- that's cool. Vuldari prefers more character based, blended attribute werewolves, and I myself gravitate toward stories where the person goes directly to feral wolf form with no in-between. That's fine too. I think what we're all trying to agree on is that each interpretation is valid and we all have a right to our own oppinions.
I know my idea of a werewolf doesn't lend itself well to Freeborn, and I don't really think they would be completely savage or completely noble. But however it turns out I am fully dedicated to this movie as I believe the two of you are. And if things keep going in the direction that Tony and the rest of the production team seem to be taking it, I think it's going to be great reagardless. :)