Awaken the Wolf Within...

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

[arpegiuswolf]
Legendary
Legendary

Awaken the Wolf Within...

Post by [arpegiuswolf] »

Sometimes we loose sight of who we are and become something else...and sometimes we remember what we once were and discover our purpose...

Over many generations, Werewolves have lost sight of their past, diluted by the world of man. They have become dumb and weak, finaly loosing contact with nature, and more importantly, the moon...They have become that which they loathed, human...

Very few carry the pure blood of the Werewolf, most are now half, or less. The Werewolf is a dying breed. In this world, Werewolf attacks, and even sightings, are unheard of. Noone has seen or even heard one for over 50 years now. The few who knew of them, now believe they are finaly extinct...

But that isn't the case...Small groups have re-discovered their heritage and embraced it, trying to revive the Werewolf race...But these "packs" are small and scattered...there is no organization to them, slowly being picked off by hunters who know of their continued existance...

Discovering what secrets lie in your blood can realy change you...forever...
-----------------

We introduce you to Yuudai Tatsuya, a Japanese-American orphan adopted by a normal white family. He dosn't know what secrets hide within his very genetics...

He goes to high-school, like every other kid his age, he is a Junior this year, but he may graduate early. People think of him as the "steriotypical smart asian kid" because of his grades and his work ethics....if anything, he is the best cheater that ever went to this school...

He has a few friends, mostly the weird kids who don't fit into the other groups like jocks, preps, goths, nerds, or any other group you may find. Most of his friends just call him Dai, since his name sounds funny if you say the whole thing...He dosn't mind, he actualy likes it.

Lunchtime at school is his favorite time. He walked into the lunchroom, heading to his table to drop off his bag before going to get his lunch. Today was Cheese steak day, and he was excited. He came back to the table with his over-cheesed cheese steak and sat down, drooling slightly. He ate and did some last-minute art work at the same time, idly listening to the chatter at the small round table. Thoes dark-colored eyes wandered to a table of girls....quickly returning to his work with a slight blush...Tilting his head so his messy black hair hid his face.

Dai had been drawing alot of wolves lately...like some subconscious desire...he didn't quite know why he drew them, but he was good at it, and thats what realy mattered to him. After finishing his cheese steak, he finished shading a pencle drawing of a wolf he had been working on. He smiled and admired it...
------

entering...use characters that fit a High-school setting. They can't all be werewolves...but they can be dormant ones, like Yuudai...Please, no mass murders in the school....>.<
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Jack Carsa walked into the school lunchroom and walked slowly, he carried a slice of pizza with him and on his back was a backpack which he had never taken off execpt of when he sits down, no one really knows why he has it with him all the time.

he was new to the school and the town, so he had no "real" friends in his case, because to him real friends were those he had known all his life mainly.

when he walked past Dai's table he looked at the drawing like he seems to look at everything around him, but this time he stopped instantly and looked at the drawing, then he set his bag beside a chair near Dai and sat down "hey, thats a nice drawing there" he said, with a smile of his face.
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keeper of useless knowledge and information

Post by Ancient »

Lori walks to the lunch tables. She really never fit in at school. She had long ebony colored hair that hung past her shoulders and storm grey eyes. She always had seemed different to everyone. Little did they know that Lori held a deep secret. One that may cost her her very life one day. She always had loved wolves and now she is helping werewolves learn to blend in with society. Sort of an underground operation. There was still something unusal about her all together intense and unique. She seemed wild and untamed as if there were some predator within her. She sat down a few seets from Dai and looked at her food as if it were unappealing to her.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
[arpegiuswolf]
Legendary
Legendary

Post by [arpegiuswolf] »

Dai looked up at Jack when he spoke, then back at the drawing quickly. "Uh, yeah. Thanks." He said, smiling back at him. "You're new here, aren't you?" He asked, tilting his head slightly to one side. His eyes drifting to another student, Lori, as she walked by. Something ADD often caused him to do.

He looked back to Jack, "You like wolves?" He asked, wondering why he was so interested in the drawing...or maby it was just nothing. Dai was very talented...and praised daily for his talents. Sometimes not even noticing it....

Thanks for joining my RP...Image
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Lori looked back at Dai with a look as if she sensed something about him that he may not know about himself. She was an intense person always having a look as if she was in deep thought or just plain plotting to kill someone. She looked at the other student, Jack she thought she heard him introduce himself. She then looked back at her food as if it might suddenly spring forth and call itself lunch. Lately staying up to late teaching werewolves and trying to keep up school had been causing her to seem more off than usal. Mostly everyone ignored her so they hadn't noticed quite yet.

Thanks for the welcome [arpegiuswolf] I hope I'm doing alright at it. :)
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
[arpegiuswolf]
Legendary
Legendary

Post by [arpegiuswolf] »

His gaze returned to Lori...He could feel someting was different about her. But he wasn't able to figure out what. Somehow he knew that both he and Lori were similar in some way...but that was it.

Lunch was almost over, So Dai began to pack his things up. Listening idly to the conversations of nearby tables...
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stalking the Shadows

Post by Leighlia »

Callie, a junior this year, sat next to her friend Jason doodling on her notebook, as they finished lunch. The picture that began to take shape looked like long claws that were tearing through the paper, breaking through from the other side. Claws...teeth...roaring howls filled her dreams at night and made her blood rush in her veins and her mind freeze in fear. She only half listened to Jason as he talked, pushing her light brown hair out of her eyes as she doodled.

"I thought you and you're dad were going camping this weekend. What happened?" Jason asked her.

"Hmm? Oh, he had to go out of town...another hunting trip with one of his buddies." She replied vaguely and with disappointment.

"Hunting? Again? It ain't hunting season. Does he ever actually come back with anything?"

Callie shook her head. "Nope. But he takes his gun anyway. He's got one of those camera things mounted on the scope so when he pulls the trigger...you know....it takes a picture instead of shooting bullets."

It was an evasive answer, but that's the lie her father always gave her. She didn't believe it anymore, and when she tried to corner him on it he grew evasive. It didn't explain why he always took ammunition with him, or all those other assorted guns and knives and things....or why he always spent so much time cleaning them when he returned. Not to mention the lack of pictures he supposedly took with the scope-camera. She had been looking forward to their camping trip. Callie called it camping. Her dad called it training.

Ok, she admitted that her dad was a bit of an alarmist and fanatic...and slightly odd. I mean, all those hunting and camping trips they took that were more survivalist training than actual camping. "A girl should always be able to protect herself instead of relying on others. You never know what could happen." He always said. But at least they got to spend time together. They had always been close when she was little...daddies little girl....until her mom had died 7 years ago from cancer. For a while her dad had shoved her off on relatives. When he came back he was distant and his spare-time hobbies of hunting, animal anatomy, tracking, and other outdoor stuff had grown to an obsession. He poured over old books, maps and even making his own bullets sometimes.

She sighed and started to shove her stuff back in her backpack, ripping out the doodled page and wadding it up when the bell rang that lunch was over. This time he'd promised to show her something...something new...something cool. She tossed the wad of paper toward the nearest waste basket but missed, ignoring it as it bounced on the floor.

"What is he now...some sort of naturalist and a hunting guide?" Jason was asking.

"Yeah....I guess." As she stood she glanced up at Dai as he moved passed, her brown eyes sliding passed him as she considered cutting gym class.
Feel the wag!
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Lori heard the bell ring and picked up her things. She looked at her untouched lunch and tossed the contents into the waste basket and sat the tray down. She noticed a piece of paper on the floor and picked it up. She uncrumpled it and saw a picture. A picture that was erriely familiar. She stuck it in her backpack before she attracted attention and decided not to go to gym class. She wondered if anyone else planned on cutting.
[arpegiuswolf]
Legendary
Legendary

Post by [arpegiuswolf] »

"Jeez...I hate gym..." Said Dai as he made his way to the library...He was failing Gym, but he would end up taking it again during his senior year. He had been feeling a bit more hyper than usual...but he payed it no mind...

He did not know, but tonight would be more eventful than he ever expected. A perfectly cloudless night for a full moon...tonight Dai's werewolf blood would re-awaken...
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

Callie shoved her books in her locker and slammed it shut. Backpack over one shoulder she walked down the hall towards the gym locker rooms, but took a sudden left just before the door. Down a few steps and out... The clouds of the previous day had cleared and it was warm out. Lifting her face to the sun Callie smiled, slipping her sunglasses over her eyes.

Gym sucked. Only the Jocks liked it. Why did they insist on torturing the rest of them with it other than to give the jocks someone to beat? At a fast trot she walked around the building towards the football field. Several minutes later she was entrenched behind the bleachers of the deserted football field. The grass was a bit long under the bleachers, and the schools Earth Awareness group had been out after the last game. They did a pretty good job cleaning things up so when Callie plopped her bag down against a support beam and sat down, leaning against it, she didn't have to worry much about what she sat in or on other than just grass and a few stray wrappers.

Digging in her pocket she dug out her pack of cigarettes and lit one. Crossing her ankles and relaxing, she took a long drag and thought of those inside siding up for basketball. Yuck. Shaking her head she didn't want to think of school. She didn't want to think of anything, but things kept popping into her head anyway. She had to stop by the store on the way home from school. They were out of milk. She'd get a burger for dinner tonight. Dad's note said he wouldn't be home until tomorrow or the next day.

Angrily she flicked the ash from the tip of the cigarette and just held it in her fingers. She hated it when he just slipped away, leaving just a note. Would he stay home if she threw a wild party? Another sigh slipped out of her. Trust, she heard her fathers words in her head. I know I can leave you here alone because I trust you. It's all about trust Callie.

"Yeah, that's why you can trust me enough to tell me where it is you're really sneaking off to every month." She grumbled under her breath.
Feel the wag!
[arpegiuswolf]
Legendary
Legendary

Post by [arpegiuswolf] »

Dai grew bored of the library...Getting up, he would make his way outside. He was glad this school was lenient about letting students wander about outside. He wandered for a while untill the scent of smoke caught his nose. He looked around, knowing that the bleachers were a popular hangout (though he didn't use them...), he made his way over. He spotted someone under the bleachers and made his way towards them, "Callie? What're you doi'n out here?" He asked, putting his bag down and sitting against one of the support beams. "Cutting Gym?" He asked, knowing that was probably the case....
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

Callie half smiled as she watched Dai settle himself under the bleachers over the top of her sunglasses. Snubbing out her half smoked cigerette she sat up from her lounging position and tossed the butt away. She knew Dai from classes they had together and she liked him well enough, though they didn't always hang out in the same circles. "Hey Dai. Yeah, gym sucks. Like contact sports and bouncing balls around is really gonna prepare us for the rest of our lives anyway. Don't you have gym right now too?" She grinned. "Smart kid cutting classes? That's funny. I'm just sitting here thinking about ditching the rest of the day."

On average Callie made pretty good grades, and would do better if she applied herself, but in truth she didn't really care anymore. Her father didn't care, and when they'd talked about college he'd told her that there was more to do in life than study all the time. Besides, it wasn't like he could afford to send her anyway.
[arpegiuswolf]
Legendary
Legendary

Post by [arpegiuswolf] »

Dai shrugged, "I already had one concussion from baseball, I don't need another. Besides, I'm always picked last." he said, looking around. Yuudai was pretty short and scrawny, seen by other kids as your typical nerd, wich he was. But he did like the outdoors and nature. "Ditching? Not a bad idea...I'm so far ahead, they'll never miss me." he said with a smirk. With almost flawless grades (apart from gym), Dai could probably skip for the rest of the year and still pass...It was almost the end of the year anyway...
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

She chuckled softly. "I should have you do my homework for me then. It'd give you something to do. Better yet, I should steal yours from you and plagerize the hell out of it." Standing up she dusted the grass from her backside. "Well, there's not much to do really, but anything is better than school. I can't face another day of History and English. There's always the galleria or the Circle. My car is parked in the open lot instead of the gated one today. If we slipped past the administration wing quietly enough we'd be home free." She suggested.

The circle was simply a clearing out in the woods outside of town. In fact it wasn't that far from her own house. The circle had fallen logs that circled a firepit that the local teens and slackers used for partys and hanging out. Although there wasn't likely to be anyone around there this time of day.
[arpegiuswolf]
Legendary
Legendary

Post by [arpegiuswolf] »

He laughed slightly, "I'm not the brain everyone thinks I am, I'm just realy good at cheating." He said. Thinking of what they could do. Coming up with a complete blank, he shrugged. "The Circle sounds good. Heh, I don't drive..." He said. He had tried asking his parents for a car, but they refused. Probably afraid he'd wreck it or do something ilegal in it. He didn't need it, he lived less than a 10 minute walk from the school..."I know most of the camera's blindspots and a good place to sneak right by the windows." Dai was more devious than he looked. Either that, or he was playing way too much Metal Gear Solid for his own good...
DayStar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: One who stalks the shadows

Post by DayStar »

Billy Dark sat not to far away from the two smoking his own cigarette. He had long brown hair that hung just past his shoulders. He was pretty tall being 6'2 and was wearing a black t-shirt and blue jeans. His eyes were a light green color. He smiled as he heard them meantion the circle. He knew that place well. He walked up to Callie and Dai and took a drag from his cigarette. He was pretty well known but tended to fly below radar. "Hey guys. Ditching?" He asked casually.
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

EDITED:

Callie raised a brow in appreciation. There was more to Dai than met the eye apparently. "THen you should lead the way." She told him.

Turning she half smiled at Billy when he walked up to them. She hadn't known he was nearby as she had been lost in her own thoughts. Silently she hoped she hadn't spoken too many of her thoughts aloud. "Hey Billy." She had to look up to him since he was a good 9 inches taller than her. "Yeah, we are disenchanted with the school system and their desire to make us unwilling participants in sports. We're headed to the circle. Wanna join? Dai here says he can get us past administration and the security cameras. My car is in the open lot 'cause I got here a bit late today. Whatta say?"
Last edited by Leighlia on Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
DayStar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DayStar »

Okay sorry to be a bother I figured I'd jump in but I see that uhhh didn't work. Sorry about that. -King
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

I'm sorry....let me edit my last post. I honestly didn't see yours. You must have posted as I was writing up mine and then I didn't look. My bad.
:(
DayStar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DayStar »

It's alright. Not a problem. I was just figureing I wouldn't fit into the story. Glad to see that's not the case. :) -King

Billy looked at Callie and took another drag from his cigarette and then casually putting it out and tossing the but away nodded. "Sounds like it could be cool." There had always been something slightly different about Billy, but none not even he could place it. He looked to Dai. "You really think you can get us past the security cameras?"He was skeptical only because the school had a reputaion for good cameras.
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Lori had decided to ditch the rest of the day. She was now under the coverway right outside the door. Plotting how to get past administration and the cameras. She seemed to be deep in thought the light blue fitted t-shirt she wore moved in the light breeze. She was deep in thought and then she saw some other people near the bleachers. She strolled up. ""Hey, looks like I'm not the only one skipping today." She greeted. Her strom grey eyes scaned each one of them almost as if she was taking note of strengths and weaknesses. Her black hair had sometime during the day been pulled into a pony tail a deep scratch mark could be slightly seen on the left side of her neck. It appeared to branch down to her shoulder. She did a double glance at Callie the girl seemed familiar somehow. Oh yeah she had heard of her once or twice before. She looked at the two guys once again before turning her attention to seemingly nothing. "If you are skipping. Does anyone know how to get past the cameras?" She again spoke in that nochalant but intense voice she possessed.
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

Callie's eyes lingered on Lori for a long moment. Not just because of the scratch marks on her neck, but because she had caught the double take that Lori had given her. After pausing for a moment before answering she said, "Uhm, yeah. It seems that Dai here is more than just being a brainiac. He says he knows the blind spots on the cameras and can get us past to the open lot. What do you say Dai? Lead the way."
[arpegiuswolf]
Legendary
Legendary

Post by [arpegiuswolf] »

"Sure, this way." He said, making his way towards the faculty parking lot. He led them behind two large trucks that were always parked in the right spots, managing to get them across the lot without anyone noticing. "The principal and the gym teacher both drive big trucks and always park in the same spots. It makes it so much easier to sneak past them, heh." He said, stopping at the open lot to look back at them.
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Lori followed behind the group. She seemed a natural at sneaking around and walked very quietly. She once or twice cast a look to Callie, but nothing else betrayed her thoughts. Her eyes were intense as if she was prepared for some sort of battle or something. She looked to Dai. "Sometimes teachers aren't the brightest of creatures." She cracked a half smile. As close to an expression as anyone had seen on her. Out of her backpack the corner of Callie's drawing could be seen sticking out.
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

Callie followed directly behind Dai and half laughed at Lori's crack about the teachers. Moving quickly to her car, digging her keys from her pocket she unlocked it and slid in, unlocking the other doors for the rest.

"I'll probably get sited again for parking in this lot again, but what's another detention." She said with a playful grin. "Anyone want to stop anywhere on the way? I can bring everyone back later if you got cars in the fenced lot to retrieve."

As Lori got in she saw the scrap of familiar looking paper sticking out of her backpack. "Lori, you're gonna loose that if your not careful.....hey, that looks kinda familiar." She said and snatched at the wrinkled paper before Lori could say diffrently. Holding it up she saw it for her doodles from lunch time. Wadding it up again she tossed it back at Lori. "Like to collect trash do you?"