Awaken the Wolf Within...

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

DayStar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: One who stalks the shadows

Post by DayStar »

Billy got in just before Lori did and watched as Callie tossed the paper at Lori. He picked it up from where it had fallen in the car floor board and looked at it. "It is a pretty cool drawing though." He said simply. Wondering why Callie had called it trash.
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stalking the Shadows

Post by Leighlia »

"It's nothing. Doodles. That's why I threw it away when I was done with it. Why'd you pick it up Lori? You like claws and teeth or something?" Callie asked with a grin, closing the doors and starting up the car, heading backing out and heading for the street.
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keeper of useless knowledge and information

Post by Ancient »

"Yeah, I like claws and teeth. Also death and gore. Problem?" She played off the real reason to why she had picked it up. The same reason as to why she was keeping an eye on Callie. The reason she was sitting there now with three people she had only seen around every now and then.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

"Nope." Callie said as she drove. "No problem unless your liking of Death and/or gore involves my personal body...like it all you want. Most of us are facinated with that in some ways I guess, otherwise there would be no market for horror movies would there?"

She smiled, covering the uneasy feeling she suddenly had having Lori in the seat behind her and glancing at her in the rearview mirror. She didn't know Lori well, but she was.......hmmm, Callie didn't know what she was.
[arpegiuswolf]
Legendary
Legendary

Post by [arpegiuswolf] »

Dai sat quietly, as he usualy did, listening to them talk about the picture. To be honest, he had drawn similar things recently...but he decided not to say anything. Instead, he pulled out his black ipod and hung his earphones on his ears, not in all the way so he could still hear what was going on inside the car.
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Lori's storm grey eyes locked with Callie's in the rearview mirror. They were intense and yet erriely serene almost as if Lori had some unknown plan or was even perhapse plotting something right now. Her whole aura seemed to always have that same dangerous energy about it. She didn't make an expression as she locked eyes with Callie. She only just nodded slightly and glanced over at Billy who was still holding the picture. Then glanced at Callie once more before turning her attention to seemingly nothing.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

"Jovial group." Callie said under her breath and drove out of town. A while later and she was turning down a country road, then off onto another, almost hidden by undergrowth. Her old car bounced and squeeked its way deeper into the trees, sputtering a bit when she stopped and shut the engine off. The circle lay only a dozen or so yards away in the large clearing, blackened logs laying cold in the pit in the middle.

Callie switched on the key again enough so that the radio would play and she tuned it to a popular station. Getting out she scooted up ontop of the hood of her car and leaned back against the windshield, pulling her cigarettes out of her pocket and lighting up. Dragging deep on the smoke she closed her eyes. "Welcome to the peace and quiet." She said with a smile, blowing smoke out slowly.
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

"Yeah, it's nice to have some quiet." Lori said as she got out of the car shortly after Callie and leaned against the drivers door. "I'm in homeroom with Marcous." Marcous was know for being a loud mouth, but generly didn't bother people. He was just hyper and talked alot which could get on someone's nerves everynow and then. After she said that she grew quiet and seemed to stare off at the pit. Her storm grey eyes seemed to almost glow in the shadow of the numerous trees. Every now and then she'd cast a glance at the others. Almost as if she was expecting one to attack her.
[arpegiuswolf]
Legendary
Legendary

Post by [arpegiuswolf] »

Dai got out of the car last. Looking up through the canopy to see what time it was. School had probably let out by now and the sky was beginning to darken. A shrug was given as he glanced to the others. "Cheerful group..." He said, walking out into the clearing. His eyes, though naturaly dark brown, had a vague amber glint to them...

Somehow, he felt like he belonged in a place like this...The forest made him feel happy. He smiled as he took a seat on one of the logs around the clearing, reading the things others had carved into the wood...A feeling in the back of his mind told him something important would happen after dark....
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

Callie closed her eyes and drew on her cigarette, as the others walked away in diffrent directions. It was quiet and peaceful out here, but even as much as she tried to relax she just couldn't seem to. There was a small spot of unexplained anxiety that nestled between her shoulderblades that would not leave her alone.

OPening her eyes she looked at her watch. School was out. The weekend had started. More people would likely start showing up soon. Sliding from the car top she stubbed her cigarette out in the ground with her shoe and wandered into the trees past the circle, listening to the sound of her car radio growing more faint as she walked. Into the trees a little ways she stopped, looking up at the big old oak that stood there, mostly dead, but still solid. It had an odd shape to it. It was like its up reaching arms were those of a large beast reaching out for its prey. The bark of the trunk was marked with long gouges, as if some large animal... most likely a bear or something....had dug its claws into it and ripped.

Everyone had their own theories about that tree. It had earned the name of the Killing tree long ago, but no one remembered exactly why.
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ARMY Wolf

Post by strykeriuswolf »

(mind if i join)
I dun care what people say about us furries, I'm darn proud to be one and have always been proud. POWER TO THE FURRIES
[arpegiuswolf]
Legendary
Legendary

Post by [arpegiuswolf] »

(Sure)

Dai looked around quietly..."I've never been here before...its nice." He said to nobody in particular. For some reason, he couldent sit still. he thought his ADD meds had just worn off.

He got up, following Callie to the strange old tree. Dai loved looking at things outside. He could sit in his parent's garden for hours just watching insects go about their lives..."Wow, thats a neat tree." He said, looking up at it. "it looks like a monster, like, rharr!" He said, immitating the way the tree looked. He laughed, noticing the clawmarks in the wood..."What made these?" He asked, running his fingers over the marks...
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Lori followed silently after Callie and Dai and watched them. She stood half in the shadow of the trees and half out. Her storm grey eyes were intent and knowing. She cast an upward glance to see that the sun was getting lower with each passing moment. She leaned against a nearby tree watching Dai and Callie speak of the tree. A tree she knew all to well. She crossed her arms slightly as if to protect herself from memories of things passed. Or was it just memories that she wanted to protect herself from?
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

Callie glanced at Dai and back to the tree with a shrug. "I dunno what made those marks. A bear or something I suppose. The Killing Tree has always been a mystery. I asked my dad once if he knew about it but he just said something like "...all in good time..." or something stupid like that."

Turning and putting her back to the tree Callie lifted her arms up against its bark. "Hey, if I were a lot bigger, my body would fit its form almost. You could like...tie me in place and....wow," She paused. "Maybe that's why its called the Killing Tree. Maybe someone or something was tied to it at one time." She stood back looking up at the tree again. "Would have had to be a long time ago though." She picked a bit at the bark and chuckled softly. "My over active imagination running away with me again."

Starting to walk away she called back over her shoulder. "I gotta go home soon. If my dad calls and I'm out he'll have a bird."
[arpegiuswolf]
Legendary
Legendary

Post by [arpegiuswolf] »

"ok, I've got a cellphone and my brother can pick me up. Anyone else want to stay?" He asked, looking around. His gaze drawn back to the old tree. It was almost six, and it was fall, so the sun set earlier...it would be night by seven....but the moon rose earlier....it was already rising from the horizon, hidden by the dense trees, but within the hour, it would raise over the treetops and into view...
DayStar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: One who stalks the shadows

Post by DayStar »

Billy watched the group for a bit and spoke up when Dai asked a question. "I'm staying. I always hang here after school. You know check out what's going on and everything." He half shruged. He didn't know why he was staying especialy with all these people around, but he knew something was going to happen tonight. He just didn't know what.
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by strykeriuswolf »

Alexander walks towards the large tree he's noticed other teens looking around his age hanging at, he's new to the area and has already been known as the cast out. He slowly pulls his ciggerets out of his pocket and lights one taking a long drag, he finally gets to the tree and looks at the others "You guys mind if i join you, the name is Alexander", he looked at the tree and reconized it from his dreams the past few nights, something weird was looming around the tree, something he wanted to find out.
I dun care what people say about us furries, I'm darn proud to be one and have always been proud. POWER TO THE FURRIES
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

Callie gave Alex a small "hey" in greeting as she passed him on the way to her car. "I'll be back later." SHe called over her shoulder as she walked to her car to no one in particular. Her dad was gone on his "trip" and there was already quite a gathering of others at the circle. THings could develop into a party.

Getting into her car her plan was made. She'd go home, which was only a couple of miles away, clean up, eat something, change her clothes, wait for her dad's call and then head back out here. From the conversations that she'd passed on the way to her car, things could prove to become interesting this evening, and tomorrow was Saturday. Not like any of them had to be up early for school. Yes, she'd definately be back later.
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Lori finally spoke up to Dai's question. "I think I'll hang for awhile. You know see what's going on."She looks around at the others gathering."Seems to be a hot spot tonight."She shrugs. She looks to Alexander and nods in greeting. She was becoming more intense as the night quickly came.
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by strykeriuswolf »

*He looks around the crowd and sits, still taking drags of his ciggerett* "So....if I may be so bold to ask, ive noticed everybody here for the past few days, im kinda new here and was woundring what is up with this tree?"
[arpegiuswolf]
Legendary
Legendary

Post by [arpegiuswolf] »

Dai turned to Alex, "I dunno, but its realy old and creepy." He said, walking over to one of the old logs used as a seat. He sat down, eyes drifting to the treetops. He smiled, not quite knowing why....but he was happy here, with these people he barely knew. His dark-brown eyes seemed lighter somehow, more of a amber-brown than before...
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by strykeriuswolf »

*he smiles and takes another drag, "Yes it is, but its old and creepy in a good way, we used to have a tree like this back home, but they tore it down*he said as he took the last drag and put it out, sliping the butt in his pocket. He looked around not knowing what to do and just waited for something to happen, he had a feeling that something weird was going down but had no clue to of which its origins could be.
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

((Good to see that stray post is gone.))

Callie drove home and unlocked the door slipping inside. The house was silent as she walked to the answering machine and hit the button next to the blinking light.

Beeeeep. "Mr. Davidson, this is Paul Dathers, please return my call at 475-" Callie pushed the skip button. Two more messages were for her father including another angry sounding one from Mr. Dathers. Then her fathers voice came over the small speaker.

"Callie." His voice sounded tired and rough. "I'm gonna be another day or two. We've hit a snag and...uhm....I'll be home as soon as I can hun. Be good and pay attention to the calendar." The line when dead and the machine beeped, signaling the end of the messages.

Callie sighed, her eyes automatically going to the calendar pinned to the wall next to the fridge. Certain days each month were circled in red. Those were the days that her father always instructed her to come home from school and stay home. There was a big red circle around today and tomorrow.

Callie sighed. This was not fair! She wasn't going to sit here in the house alone all night! Stomping into the back of the house she took a shower. Afterwards she got herself something to eat and walked out of the house again. Climbing into her car she pushed the key and turned it. The car sputtered and groaned but did not start. Swearing and beating her hand against the steering wheel she tried again with no luck. Getting out of her car she angrily kicked the door shut, swearing into the evening air.

Then her eye caught her dads old jeep, sitting under the car porch on the side of the house. Its back end was filled with stuff; a canvas sheet, a gun case, a couple of cardboard boxes. Well, if dad was going to brush her off for the entire weekend again..... Stuffing her keys in her pocket she went to the jeep and climbed in. The key was under the seat and it started right up. The hole in the old muffler made its engine sound worse than it was, but it ran at least. Flipping on the lights she drove back to the Circle.

When she got there she saw that there were now several people there, sitting on the old logs or standing around talking. By the time it got all the way dark she wouldn't be surprised if a few couples didn't disappear into the shadows of the trees. A few cars had their radios on, tuned to the same station. She'd only been gone a little over an hour. Walking up to the logs, she had a seat next to Dai.

"Hey. I miss anything?" She said, glancing at him. "Wasn't..." She blinked, looking at his eyes. "Huh...setting sun is playing tricks with my eyes, but it looks like your eyes are....lighter."
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by strykeriuswolf »

He sees Callie walk up and smiles Welcome back He says as he offers a ciggeret from his pack.
[arpegiuswolf]
Legendary
Legendary

Post by [arpegiuswolf] »

"Hey....what? Lighter?" He said, looking at her as she sat down. He felt excited, his heart racing for no reason...the glow from the moon was filtering through the trees...His eyes became lighter still before he put his hand over his face. "Ugh, why do I feel so weird...Whats with this place?" He mumbled, hunching his back slightly...The night of the full moon had begun...