AKON-17 was Teh Awesmeish!!

General convention type stuff.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

AKON-17 was Teh Awesmeish!!

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

((I made a new thread for this just to talk about it, hope ya don't mind :( ))

OMG!! Was like teh Kooliest!! LikE WOWS!!!! I feel Awful I wasn't about to get to a store to buy a cam..My family was too busy and I ain't got a car.. :cry: But I still had fun!! I am definatly going Next Year around!! I was like wow!! All teh costumes and shtuff!! I saw alot of Inuyasha's, lots of links, but only saw on princess Zelda.. :roll: I saw people dressed up as cloud from FF, and I saw a few Luna's as well. Sephoroth(forgive the bad spellin)

WOWS!! I am sure the others that went got plenty of pics I sure they post when they get home, so yeah it was great!! Everyone was Awesome!! It's something I'll never forget fer sure :howl:  :oo Oh and Figarou pegged me 3 times with duckies!! :lol:
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stupid Girl

Post by Raina The Werewolf Queen »

*cries* I will come next time.. AND TONY.. Thanks for the shirt :P
SEDUCTIVE AND DESTRUCTIVE

I WANT MY ANTHONY BROWNRIGG PLUSHIE RIGHT NOW !!!!!!
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: AKON-17 was Teh Awesmeish!!

Post by Figarou »

DarkJokerWolfeh wrote:((I made a new thread for this just to talk about it, hope ya don't mind :( ))

OMG!! Was like teh Kooliest!! LikE WOWS!!!! I feel Awful I wasn't about to get to a store to buy a cam..My family was too busy and I ain't got a car.. :cry: But I still had fun!! I am definatly going Next Year around!! I was like wow!! All teh costumes and shtuff!! I saw alot of Inuyasha's, lots of links, but only saw on princess Zelda.. :roll: I saw people dressed up as cloud from FF, and I saw a few Luna's as well. Sephoroth(forgive the bad spellin)

WOWS!! I am sure the others that went got plenty of pics I sure they post when they get home, so yeah it was great!! Everyone was Awesome!! It's something I'll never forget fer sure :howl:  :oo Oh and Figarou pegged me 3 times with duckies!! :lol:

I got pegged myself.

NEwho...I had lots of fun.

I'll be posting videos soon. I'm to tired from lack of sleep and the road trip. :yawn:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

This year's A-kon was a lot different compared to last year. Why? Because I was able to meet more pack members. It was great to meet all of you guys. For some strange reason, I feel young again. :D

While we was eating a late dinner, I told ABrownrigg that I felt "old" during a conversation. He said I wasn't old because of my interests in home theater gadgets. When I talk about it, he said I'm like a 14 year old. I said, "When I'm like a 5 year old, please stop me." After saying that, I realized I've been there already!! I am tossing duckies around like a 5 year old. Am I not? :D I'm suprised no one caught that.

I wish I had time to go to other conventions. But I must use my vacation time wisely. If there is going to be a Freeborn premiere, I need to save it for that.

I'm hoping I can meet even more Pack members at A-kon 18!! I'm already making plans for it. :D
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

A-kon 18..Will Tony be there too? I am trying to think if that's even something to think about, should FreeBorn be already out by this time next year :|
Last edited by Teh_DarkJokerWolf on Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Just got back from the thing myself. Lots of stuff happened. Anthony and Silver were there, and so was Figarou, and DarkJokerWolfeh, Pariah Poet, and Toto, too! (OK, maybe not the little dog, but everything else...)

The premiere of Red Victoria was definitely a highlight--see the section there for my forthcoming review. It was delayed because of some pretty serious technical issues. Anthony's solution was, simply put, brilliant. The missing scene involved Brownrigg's character Jim running frantically to Ed Landers' character Carl for help. In the original scene, he finds Carl boffer-fighting with Nero, since Carl is established to be into strange, geeky venues. (A rough version of this scene was one of the downloads available a few months back.) Anthony's solution was to have Carl hanging out at A-Kon. It was perfect, because the scene could be filmed AT A-Kon. We tried to set up filming the night before the premiere, but planning was becoming too haphazard, and it wasn't working. Anthony revised the plan to reshoot the missing scene at the premiere itself, showing the footage up to that point, pausing, shooting the scene, and then resuming playback. Further technical problems prevented this from happening when it was originally scheduled Saturday night, and by one am Sunday morning, we were sweating bullets as Anthony and Silver disappeared with their equipment. But, thankfully, Silver is one of the illuminati of A-Kon, and she was able to get the room re-reserved for Sunday at two. They returned, exhausted but triumphant, with working equipment and data, and the premiere went forward.

The footage had a few transitional bumps that the Brownriggs assure will be touched up with some additional editing, and there wasn't an end credit real--but, what we got was better! All the major actors and a number of the incidental characters were there in person, standing on stage at the end and talking briefly about the making. I hope someone got that on tape (Figarou?) Because, that would be an excellent extra for the DVD. But, the highlight definitely would have to be the shooting of the missing scene right there. Anthony pulled out of the audience someone who had camera experience. They took a wide angle establishing shot, and then two takes of the scene up close. The second take was so well-liked, and Ed's great throw-away improv lines was so brilliant, that everyone was instantly satisfied.

Cathey and I were very close to the scene. In fact, my sister Alicia, who was sitting with us, was IN the scene. Her reaction as an innocent bystander, trying to watch the con show but overhearing some guy frantically whispering about various weirdness, was a subtly brilliant, perfect final touch. I'm delighted that she's forever immortalized.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Damn lucky bastards :P :wink:

The missing scene involved Brownrigg's character Jim running frantically to Ed Landers' character Carl for help. In the original scene, he finds Carl boffer-fighting with Nero,
What happened to that scene that made it disaper? :?
Clover

Post by Clover »

From what Tony told us...it simply "vanished". Everything from the raw media files, to the backups, to the digital copies, to the digital backups, to the actual FILM itself...

...Gone.

Sucks, too. That was my ONE scene in the flick. Ah well, maybe next time. 8)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:! All the major actors and a number of the incidental characters were there in person, standing on stage at the end and talking briefly about the making. I hope someone got that on tape (Figarou?) Because, that would be an excellent extra for the DVD.

I didn't bring my video camera because I wasn't expecting that to happen. Sorry.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I must apoligize for missing the premeire on Sunday. My friend was driving me and wanted to leave right away. I regret not even being able to give my farewell glomps to everyone. Overall it was great, and I'll definately double my activity here. OH!!! And I have loads of pics from my trip!

A-Kon 17 Pics

Its arranged in the order I took the pics. I'll try and organize it with caption and stuff later. For now its just a database.

It was nice meeting you all. Plus its cool that I finally got the pack necklace. I'm never taking it off! Oh yeah, and Figarou, thanks for hanging around with me when nobody else was. My other friends were quite busy throughout most of the con.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Haha! Image

Pocky!
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Thanks for the links! You've got some great shots in there, though the Pocky one has to be the signature piece.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

OK, had to do it...

:ninja:

Ninjas rule!

:pirate:

Nargh, matey! Pirates!
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Scott Gardener wrote:Thanks for the links! You've got some great shots in there, though the Pocky one has to be the signature piece.
It's an indirect endorsement for the product, no doubt. Pocky executives be praised.
:P :lol:
Now they have to pay Tony and myself for that pic. :D
-Kaebora
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

it was nice to meet all of you! I had a really good time this weekend... i just wish i had more time to sit and chat. sadly, i had a slave driver at my heels. ;)

~Porsche
aka sol/solana
aka maegan's daughter
aka fisa's sister
aka 'don't talk to your father that way'
he who dares not grasp the thorn should never crave the rose.
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

Hi Guys!

I had an absolute BLAST seeing you all this year (again) And meeting a bunch of new faces!

I think Friday night was the highlight of the con for me - it was great getting together, chatting about Freeborn, introductions and the mad scramble to find a place that was still serving food ^_^.

I wish I could make it to Anthrocon as well ~ Maybe next year <3
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

I see you made a pocky eating wolf smilie. :D Its now in the list with the rest of them.

:pocky:
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Hehe, Pocky. :lol:
I got some today at Wally World.

Arania- Was awesome getting to meet you too. ^_^ Always neat to meet the person behind the art. :)
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

I went to a mall the other day..I believe it was a gaming store and it had anime and many other things and I saw Pocky!! Lots of it to, just like at Akon :o I didn't even know about Pockey till Akon came around and now I am seeing it here..How strange :P
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Pocky was made famous by the anime series "Onagi Sensei!" (aka "Please Teacher!"). The characters were always seen eating the stuff, and it even made its way into the storyline. Shamless product placement anyone? It was an effective way to market the candy overseas, and now it's the anime watcher's candy of choice. I like it, am not an extremely avid anime fan, yet I'm still addicted to it. It's still not my favorite candy, but damn. Something in that stuff makes it hard to stop eating once you start. Did they put crack coccaine in that formula?
:cafinated:
-Kaebora