Transformers: The Movie

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Transformers: The Movie

Post by Kaebora »

Morphing into theaters... 7/4/7

http://www.transformersmovie.com/

The website is really bogged down by traffic right now. Expect a long wait for the trailer to fully load. Worth the wait. I had to wipe away the drool from my face.
:o
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Huh. It actually looks like it could be interesting.
forsaken_wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Present of Darkness

Post by forsaken_wolf »

I would have to say it does look interesting.
"lolis"
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

oooooh, looks good. The comic book nerds are freaking out right now. i can't wait to see this thing next year. i wonder how they would look like?

all i found was this, the truck that optimus prime is going to be.

((DAMN IT! i swear image shack hates me! it won't let me get it any bigger!))
THE GAME

My Armory
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Anubis wrote: ((DAMN IT! i swear image shack hates me! it won't let me get it any bigger!))
I think you must have this box checked. (It automatically re-sizes the image)

Uncheck it and you should be fine. Image

Edit: Also note the box below it. Check that one and it will stop adding those annoying numbers to the bottom of all your pics.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

I hate to get off topic, but I just noticed something.

It says "Welcome calypso-blue.com visitor" in the image I posted.

WTF? I've never seen that before. I went back to that page and that message was not there. It's not like I was uploading FROM the website...or was I? ...I don't know how it knew where I was just browsing from.

Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Vuldari wrote:
Anubis wrote: ((DAMN IT! i swear image shack hates me! it won't let me get it any bigger!))
I think you must have this box checked. (It automatically re-sizes the image)

Uncheck it and you should be fine. Image

Edit: Also note the box below it. Check that one and it will stop adding those annoying numbers to the bottom of all your pics.
oh, thank you Vuldari :D
THE GAME

My Armory
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Back on Topic...

...I'm suprisingly optimistic after seeing this teaser. ...and that pic of the Semi makes it that much sweeter.

I was actually thinking about creating a post about this myself, but Kaebora beat me to it.

...who knows how it will actually turn out in the end...it could totally suck...

But it seems they at least have the "They are from outer space", and "Optimus is a Red, Box-Cab Semi" parts down.

The cast of Transformers, I read on IGN, will include (unless they change it before release) Optimus (duh!), Megatron (also Duh), Starscream, Soundwave, Bumblebee and Arcee.

Supposedly there will be five Autobots, and Five Decepticons.

I hope they get Jazz in there on the Autobot roster...he rocks!

...and even though it would mess up the 5-vs-5 balance, I think it would totally rock my world to see Devistator in there as well.

I REALLY hope this turns out to be a good movie.

...if nothing else, it should give me a chance to pick up the classic Transformers I'm missing in my collection when they re-release the old line again, in addition to entirely new 'Movie' versions as well.

It really is all about the toys.

*Hugs second-run "Optimus Prime" figure shamelessly*

[Edit:]Wait...wha...hunh...enh......

What's with all these sources saying Optimus Prime is going to be a FIRE TRUCK?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!....

...if this is true, the one responsible must DIE...
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

You've got the touch! You've got the power!

Post by Scott Gardener »

Wowness.

I grew up on Transformers! Maybe it was a fondness for things with more than one configuration, like my convertable tablet PC, or a certain legendary creature that we keep talking about around here.

Of course, I saw Transformers: the Movie back in 1985, so it'll be a little confusing having another movie by the same title. According to it, Unicron came and went last year, and kids these days have rocket-powered, levitating surf boards.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

So they really are suposed to be from outer space. I used to watch the cartoons as a little kid but I barely remember it. Wonder what the special effects are going to look like. :o
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Evanstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Known to Bite

Post by Evanstar »

I saw the teaser before watching Pirates yesterday, I can't wait. :)
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

I've been hearing rumors that Peter Cullen, the man who voiced Optimus in the animated series, and movie is being seriously considered to retain his role as the 'voice of Prime' in the upcomming live-action flick.

That makes me very happy. I don't know if I could accept the character as the real PRIME if he sounded too much different to how I remember him.

...I'm also phyched about the comming, remastered re-release of the Animated Transformers movie on DVD later this year.

*Start's singing badly*

"...You've got the TOUCH!....You've got the PooooweeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEER!....YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!..."

*Get's Pelted by a storm of Duckies* :ducktoss3:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Peter Cullen can also do the voiceover for the trailer...

"A world transformed, where things are not what they seem...
An evil tyrant, bent on universal domination...
A heroic leader to stand against him...
A series of sentence fragments..."

Am I the only one who noticed that all these movie trailers over the past fifteen years have been voiced-over by Optimus Prime?

Meanwhile, Starscream has done his own home improvement show. "Do it yourself! Ah hah hah!!!" [spoiler](For those who don't get the reference, that's what his ghost told Unicron in the third season of the animated series, when Unicron resurrected him and told him to connect his brain to planet Cybertron as a new body.)[/spoiler]
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Scott Gardener wrote:Peter Cullen can also do the voiceover for the trailer...

Am I the only one who noticed that all these movie trailers over the past fifteen years have been voiced-over by Optimus Prime?
No...he has a great voice.

By the way, the rumor has been Officially confirmed. Peter Cullen WILL be the voice of Optimus Prime in the upcomming film.

He officially announced it himself, (in the "Optimus" voice) at a recent press event.

[Source: IGN]
Neilak20
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Neilak20 »

Vuldari wrote:
Scott Gardener wrote:Peter Cullen can also do the voiceover for the trailer...

No...he has a great voice.

By the way, the rumor has been Officially confirmed. Peter Cullen WILL be the voice of Optimus Prime in the upcomming film.

He officially announced it himself, (in the "Optimus" voice) at a recent press event.

[Source: IGN]
Sweet! Also all I've seen, including CGI tests of Optimus transforming have been of him as an 18 wheeler.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Neilak20 wrote:Sweet! Also all I've seen, including CGI tests of Optimus transforming have been of him as an 18 wheeler.
The one with the Blue and White truck?

...that was a little side project by someone at ILM, and is completely unrelated to the actual film, exept as a test of the software and techniques they will use.

All sources Still say that Optimus will be a FireTruck in this film.

Nothing would make me happier than to see all these sources prooven wrong, and seeing Optimus as a Fire-Red Semi pulling a plain Grey Box Trailer as he originally was...

...but as a faint glimmer of hope, at least there are a few Firetruck models with front-ends that would need only a bit of modification to faithfully mimic Primes signature Window/Grill Chest...making his transformed state look familiar at least.

Image Image

I hope they have enough sense to at least get THAT part right.

=^.^'= ~
Neilak20
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Neilak20 »

Ah I see, Hmm Hopefully the "Firetruck" stuff is ment to keep people guessing and at the last minute they'll say "ha, fooled you, he's no firetruck!"

Only time will tell I suppose...*waits eagerly on edge of seat for the news*
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Neilak20 wrote:Ah I see, Hmm Hopefully the "Firetruck" stuff is ment to keep people guessing and at the last minute they'll say "ha, fooled you, he's no firetruck!"

Only time will tell I suppose...*waits eagerly on edge of seat for the news*
Okay...maybe not ALL sources are saying "FireTruck".

I am so confused.

They have been promoting the film with THIS truck...
Is This the "Real" Optimus Prime?

Also...THIS picture has been floating around the internet claiming to be a leaked shot of Optimus's Vehicle form.
Is That what they meant by "FireTruck"? ...a Semi that looks nothing like Optimus Prime...with Flames Painted on the side?

I personally would suggest and prefer that they used THIS truck as Primes Vehicle form, or the top truck under the cover...but who knows at this point.

What is the Truth?...what is False Rumor?...

What the **** is going on here!?

[spoiler]BumbleBee[/spoiler]

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:

What the **** is going on here!?

That, my friend, is the worlds biggest Hasbro Transformer action figure. :grinp:

The secret is out!! :o
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:What the **** is going on here!?

That, my friend, is the worlds biggest Hasbro Transformer action figure. :grinp:

The secret is out!! :o
That photo is 99.9% certain to be legit.

...just don't go about mentioning this on other forums, or linking to the image anywhere else. If the films representatives find out I have this pic, they will force me to remove it, like they did on all the other sites that posted this.

Maybe, because we are somewhat off the radar, it might go unnoticed a little longer here.

Shhhh...
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

They might have gone with the fire truck idea to get past the magical disappearing trailer problem. Ever wonder where Prime's back end went in the animated shows? It usually just floated off into the horizon.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Scott Gardener wrote:They might have gone with the fire truck idea to get past the magical disappearing trailer problem. Ever wonder where Prime's back end went in the animated shows? It usually just floated off into the horizon.
I usually never cared about that.

It stayed on the sidelines untill he needed it again, at which point it would drive itself to him and hook up again.
(There actually was a little robot inside with its own limited AI called "Wheeler" I believe.)

What allways boggled MY mind was how Megatron (who was as Big as Starscream or any other Decepticon in robot mode) could shrink down small enough so that Starscream could hold him in his hand while in gun-mode.

...and how Soundwave...equally huge in robot-mode...was seen posing as a normal sized Cassete Player that a normal human could carry, and then *Trasnsformers Sound* suddenly he was a 50-foot robot again.

=^.^'= ~
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Umm. . . Don't get me wrong, I think Transformers could be one of those 80s nostalgia shows that could be updated and resurrected. . .

But this was not the way to do it. I'm kind of interested because the Mars rover footage was done extremely well, but I think they could have used that to sell a better movie. . .

Like a remake of Bucky O'Hare maybe. :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:Umm. . . Don't get me wrong, I think Transformers could be one of those 80s nostalgia shows that could be updated and resurrected. . .
The movie they are working on, yes.

The one thats on CN right now, NO!!

They goofed on that one!!
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:
Terastas wrote:Umm. . . Don't get me wrong, I think Transformers could be one of those 80s nostalgia shows that could be updated and resurrected. . .
The movie they are working on, yes.

The one thats on CN right now, NO!!

They goofed on that one!!
Yeah. The Japanese may make some good anime, but they definitely have no right handling cartoons that were once American. GI Joe: Sigma Six is the other case example. I was thinking more along the lines of the Beast Wars remake. You know, where their alternative forms really were disguises? Sorry, I know Soundwave has a huge fan base, but A) A seven ft. tall tape recorder is not a good disguise, and B) A futuristic robot shouldn't transform into an electronic that's outdated even by Earth standards.

Speaking of which, ten bucks says we'll see a live-action G.I. Joe remake before 2010.