Kelly Armstrong

The place for anything at all...
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wallcrawler

Kelly Armstrong

Post by Darkmoon »

One of the BEST werewolf authors ever! *in my opinion* She has written two werewolf books Bitten and Stolen. I recommend that all werewolf lovers read them (as they include both rip-out-your-guts werewolves and peaceful ones. :D ) I'm not so good at writing book reviews... sooooo if anyone else wants to contribute..yah...but I thought I'd start a thread as I have not seen anything about her work elsewere on this forum. :D

Go see her sight here --> http://www.kelleyarmstrong.com/

OOo and on her sight are some awsome werewolf novellas!
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

Totally agree on that point, i have both books and as already mentioned its a good read. :D
*When you're down... howl*
Lycanchylde

Kelley Armstrong

Post by Lycanchylde »

I too love Kelley Armstrong's Bitten! It was one of the most compelling books I have ever read. The way she was able to move the character of Elena through all the different situations and see how Elena reacts was just amazing! I have not had a chance to read Stolen yet, but I will be shortly.
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darkmoon »

Stolen is not quite as good as Bitten...but still very good
Mitternacht
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

*nods nods*

Post by Mitternacht »

I agree that both books were good, btu I lean toward Bitten a bit more. I looked forward to the times when Elena and her *subtle as a brick throught a window * mate woudl go at each other......darlin'

-MItty
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Yes i am an avid fan of these books. if you check out her website she has some online novels also about werewolves. How clay grew up. How jermey became pack leader. Then there is the inevitable story of how elena and clay met. All these online novels are excellent reads and just as good as her books.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darkmoon »

yes! every werewolf fan go read her books now!!!!! you shall not regret it!!!

I know that a movie might be made...but it might not...
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

I know I'm going to catch hell for writing this, but I also read "Bitten" and have to disagree with almost every post on this topic. Besides not even featuring one detailed TF scene, I found the characters, both human and werewolf, totally unconvincing and at times inconsistent. And the plot just rambled on towards the end and didn't know where to go. There were chapters where Elena goes off to investigate something for pages and pages and then.....nothing. There's no payoff. I kept saying to myself, "Well, maybe something interesting will happen in the next chapter," but alas, aside from a few sex scenes, the book just didn't keep my attention. You can definitely tell it was the author's first attempt at writing a novel. If you want a really good read, I suggest "Blood and Chocolate," which also might be made into a movie. The "Bitten" movie was supposed to star Angelina Jolie, but it's been a few years since that was announced, so the role will likely go to someone else.
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darkmoon »

no no it is good to bring it up :D ...hmmm...well

as far as TF scenes go...there is one very detailed and well written one in the intoduction..but other than that...I think that you are right..there were not many...

ummm Plot wise....I really enjoyed it... I dunno...but there were aspects I liked and did not like...I was really drawn to the fact that it was very character driven, and was about werewolves that could shift whenever they wanted to, and choose to kill or not to kill. The plot was a little loopy...running off in different directions...but I thought that all in all the book was well written..and that the author had a lot of talent.

Anyway that is just me...

As for "Blood and Chocolate" that too is a werewolf story with characters who choose what they want to do, which makes it another interesting and wonderful book.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Blood and Chocolate was a good book except for a few weird scenes that are weird but understandable...

I haven'te read her books but I looke dat the summary, and it did'nt seem as good as some other books I've read.
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

I just wanted to say that I really like the writing of Kelley Armstrong. I am addicted to her "Women Of The Underworld" series (or whatever it is she calls it). Basically, it's Bitten, Stolen, Dimestore Magic, Industrial Magic, and a 5th book which I don't know the name of. The main female of Bitten and Stolen gets brought up in the other two books, but does not play a large part. I believe she's supposed to come back for the 5th book. Also, Kelley Armstrong writes e-serials and puts them up for free on her website. Check it out, because there's a lot of cool info and backstory that you don't really read about in the novels.

http://www.kelleyarmstrong.com

btw... I sound like I'm her press-writer or something! lol

:lol:
~Snowy