What happends if you shift in gestalt during driving a car?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Teenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Having the light to lead them...

What happends if you shift in gestalt during driving a car?

Post by Teenwolf »

:D

Its a stupid question i know but yesterday we got a big moon on the evening sky while i was driving in my car....
so i wondered what would happen when you shift into gestalt form during driving? :? Is a werewolf able to drive a car or ride a bike?
I think its not possible but would be funny to see....( wolf sitting in a car next to you at the traffic lights, pulls down his sun glasses 8) says catch me if you can and shmashes the gas... :P
what are your thoughts about it?
PROUD TO BE A FURRY
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I think most werewolves would be well aware of the lunar cycles, so the only way somebody could shift while driving would be if they were A) really stupid, or B) not introduced to a pack and not yet aware how to control their shifts.

Either way, I imagine they'd have a hard time maintaining control of the car. If they survived the accident, they could continue shifting and would likely regenerate enough to leave the wreckage. And if they were killed, it would probably be before they shifted too much to be potentially recognized as a werewolf. The pain, I imagine, would hit them instantly, and that's when they'd lose control of the vehicle.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

I'm reminded of the movie "Werewolf," starring George Rivera, where a security guard was infected, and transfigured, if you can call it that, while driving home, whereupon he crashed his car into a conveniently placed stack of oil drums, and blew up.

PS, don't watch that movie, the best scene in the movie is the picture on the box.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Teenwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Teenwolf »

Terastas wrote:I think most werewolves would be well aware of the lunar cycles, so the only way somebody could shift while driving would be if they were A) really stupid, or B) not introduced to a pack and not yet aware how to control their shifts.

Either way, I imagine they'd have a hard time maintaining control of the car. If they survived the accident, they could continue shifting and would likely regenerate enough to leave the wreckage. And if they were killed, it would probably be before they shifted too much to be potentially recognized as a werewolf. The pain, I imagine, would hit them instantly, and that's when they'd lose control of the vehicle.
that sounds very verysimilar to me.... :)

but when they are transformed and the wave of pain is over ( when you want to shift park beside the road an after shifting continue driving) would that be possible or is a werwolf too much like an animal to drive a vehicle...? :?
PROUD TO BE A FURRY
Shadowsaber
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Silver shadowsaber the six tailed

Post by Shadowsaber »

You come to think of it ..there alot of bad werewolve movies out there. I think you should not shift in a sports car or even compact that would suck.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Another senceless driver.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Shadowsaber wrote:You come to think of it ..there alot of bad werewolve movies out there. I think you should not shift in a sports car or even compact that would suck.

You'll be stuck in 1st gear if you don't shift.

:jester:
Teenwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Teenwolf »

Figarou wrote:
Shadowsaber wrote:You come to think of it ..there alot of bad werewolve movies out there. I think you should not shift in a sports car or even compact that would suck.

You'll be stuck in 1st gear if you don't shift.

:jester:
:lol:

I think its difficult to driva a car with big talons on your paws....
and dogs have no cams on theire front paws, werewolfs also? so how do you want to hold the steering? with 4 fingers ??
I guess a werewolf had a agressive driving style...
PROUD TO BE A FURRY
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I think a werewolf would just jump out of the car.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

I'm sure it'd be possible for a werewolf to drive a car, but it would definitely be auckward and difficult. The difference in their hands and feet would be the most obvious hinderance, but on top of that they'd presumably be larger and have a tail, so unless they were in a convertable (which they shouldn't because everyone will see who's driving), they'd have to drive hunched over and leaning off to the side.

In all seriousness, I think 99 out of 100 werewolves would get too frustrated just trying to position themselves in the driver's seat to try and actually drive.
Shadowsaber
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Shadowsaber »

to Morkulv

What another Driver in Gorgia :P must be alot of weres in the deep south
Shadowsaber
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Shadowsaber »

to Figarou

Yuka Yuka Yuka :lol:

Oh Well there is Boto in the anime called Hyper Police. His a werewolf with a big tail and he drive a moterbike and a car and his other werewolf friend. yeah it could happen if your use to it. but come to think of poor Sakra she a nine tailed or 8 and 3/4 taild fox I feel sorry for here you know.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Shadowsaber wrote:to Figarou

Yuka Yuka Yuka :lol:

Oh Well there is Boto in the anime called Hyper Police. His a werewolf with a big tail and he drive a moterbike and a car and his other werewolf friend. yeah it could happen if your use to it. but come to think of poor Sakra she a nine tailed or 8 and 3/4 taild fox I feel sorry for here you know.
Batanen's actually a good example of why I'd think a werewolf wouldn't be able to drive a car.

You can get a good look at him in this Youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6_xJ7fnBno

Can you imagine trying to sit on something other than a stool with something that big behind you?
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Transform and roll out!

Post by Scott Gardener »

The video: the song actually would be a great punk thing to play in the background of a werewolf story. Anyhow, back to topic...

I, too, thought of the dreaded and MST3Ked Werewolf. (Spawned another song--"where, Oh werewolf...")

Aside from trying to steer a car while shifting, there's also possibly the problem of having wolf vision, which is near-sighted. That, and the loss of color distinction--which might make the signs and traffic lights look disconcerting if one isn't used to color-blindness. Suppose you're coming up to an intersection, and there's a blinking light that looks yellowish brown. Is it yellow, meaning slow down? Or red, meaning stop? (U.S. driving rules; I don't know about other places, like the U.K., has some differences here and there--little things, like which side of the road you drive on.)

Still, if werewolves retain human consciousness and are seasoned shapeshifters, the main problem might be not being too conspicuous, especially if you're in a convertable. But, if you're one of those Van Helsing ten foot tall Crinos-form behemoths, you'd better be in a pretty big truck.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Transform and roll out!

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:But, if you're one of those Van Helsing ten foot tall Crinos-form behemoths, you'd better be in a pretty big truck.
Naaaa.....just rip out the front seat and drive from the back. :wink:

Thats what Moses Hightower did in "Police Academy." :D
Shadowsaber
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Shadowsaber »

To Terastas
OmG thats cool great AMV but I think if you take all the cutie grils out he'll be a safe drive........................................................Yeah right! :P
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Teenwolf wrote:talons on your paws....
and dogs have no cams on theire front paws, werewolfs also? so how do you want to hold the steering? with 4 fingers ??
I guess a werewolf had a agressive driving style...
Well, that's the the thing about gestalt. You get the enhanced smell and hearing of the wolf, plus nice human things like upright posture and thumbs.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Teenwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Teenwolf »

Figarou wrote:
Scott Gardener wrote:But, if you're one of those Van Helsing ten foot tall Crinos-form behemoths, you'd better be in a pretty big truck.

good idea ....rips of his front seat....fu.. forgot that i havent any rear seats any more in my car... :lol:
PROUD TO BE A FURRY
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Teenwolf wrote:
Figarou wrote:

good idea ....rips of his front seat....fu.. forgot that i havent any rear seats any more in my car... :lol:
Well, you're half way there already! If the Car had a Sunroof, just poke your head thru the Sunroof (they'll think it's an Ad for something like Pizza Delivery).... :lol: Just don't drive through a Carwash......

And if it's an Automatic, your shifting will be taken care of!
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Teenwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Teenwolf »

RedEye wrote:
Teenwolf wrote:
Figarou wrote:

Well, you're half way there already! If the Car had a Sunroof, just poke your head thru the Sunroof (they'll think it's an Ad for something like Pizza Delivery).... :lol: Just don't drive through a Carwash......

And if it's an Automatic, your shifting will be taken care of!
lol...that remembers me when my dogs look out of the car window during driving....the tongue hanging in the wind.... :P
Can`t someone paint a picture about a driving werewolf... :lol:
PROUD TO BE A FURRY
psiguy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The pack's Linux Nerd

Post by psiguy »

If it was just the werewolf in question and the open road, I'm sure (s)he would be fine. But otherwise, I'm sure the changes would cause a serious distraction and as we all know from taking drivers ed (You did take drivers education right?) "It only takes one second to create chaos with your vehicle"

If I was a werewolf myself and by surprise I didn't check my calender and all that and I'd be changing in the car, I'm sure that I could still drive. I'd just make sure that...

A) My height allows me to see the road. If I was in wolf form instead of gesalt, I'd be quite worried that my head wouldn't make it past the dash board.

B) I'd steer the car not by using the ring part of the steering wheel, but by pushing the inner part around in a circular motion. That would allow me to drive without thumbs.

C) I just don't scare the cop for pulling me over thinking that I was driving with distractive gear on only to realize...
:shift: <8^0-"AHHHHH!!!! He's not fursuiting!!!!"

But honestly.Why would I drive a car while shifted? It's not like werwolves have our kind of bum in their shifted state. Not only would a tail be a nusaince in a car, but their bum would hurt like bejesus after sitting like us for a few minutes. And where the hind legs are concerned, The hock might actually have to touch the ground to operate on the gas and break pedals. What a shame that would be to your newly shifted feet.

Would I really be driving to some place in my own car after I shifted? Nope. I do something like this...

*looks up at the sky*
Dang It's the full moon and I'm changing. How am I ever going to that 1 o'clock business meeting without driving like a fool through downtown NYC?
I Know! I'll take a taxi!
"Hey Taxi...TAXI..."
www.psiguy.deviantart.com <-- My artwork and generalities.

May the force be with you!!!