Werewolf looks

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Night Rain wrote: ...complete with backwards knees...
NO BACKWARDS KNEES!...

This is a common mis-conception. Dog's and wolves do NOT have knees on their hind legs that bend the opposite dirrection from humans.

...yes, I know it may LOOK that way at first glance...but the joint you are confusing as the 'knee' is actually the equivilant of a dog/wolves 'ankle'.

Higher up on the leg, close to the body where sometimes it isn't obvious to see, you will find the canids true 'knee' which bends the same dirrection as ours does.

(Yes...I know I didn't get the square perfectly centered over the "Knee" joint...but you get the general idea...)

Below a wolves ankle, what looks like more "LEG" is actually a long, thin foot (equivilant to the "Arch" of a Human foot") and they walk solely on thier toes...which is called "Digitigrade" (walking on ones 'Digits').

Humans, alternatively, walk with the entire foot down, placing our weight on our heels instead of our toes, which is called "Plantigrade".

...that ends todays lesson... :read2:
Night Rain wrote:
In case you didn't know, human's cannot turn into wolves, nor into upright standing wolves. I think anthro's are ok, but they are just not werewolves, IMO.
What exactly can humans turn into?
Indeed...

We are having discussions about "Werewolves" here.

...this defaultly assumes that in the fictional universes in which our characters will live, full body metamorphosis IS possible.

Otherwise, what exactly do you think we have all gathered here to talk about?
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

Fine, I want them to appear to have backwards knees.
"Don't mind the blood here; welcome to the slaughterhouse!"
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

No backwards knees EVER
The next time I see a special effects department make a backwards knee like they did in that lousy "An American Werewolf in Paris," I will break somebody's knees.
With a mallet.
Those morons wouldn't know wolf anatomy if they fell into the wolf exhibit at a zoo and were savaged to death.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Night Rain wrote:
What exactly can humans turn into?
Psycho's.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Morkulv wrote:
Night Rain wrote: What exactly can humans turn into?
Psycho's.
Ooookaaaayyy...

...but I think I can speak for everyone but you in saying that no-one here has any interest in a version of werewolves that only involves the person going bloody, rampaging insane, with no transformations... or anything cool at all, for that matter.

There are allready several diseases, and various types of blood-poisoning that cause that kind of reaction that have nothing to do with either mythical or clinical lycanthropy...but there is absolutely nothing cool or exiting about them.

I'm sorry...I'm just confused. What point are you trying to make?

Most of us are allready well aware that Real Life metamorphosis isn't actually possible. However ,the very point of these discussions balances upon the mutual assumption that, for the purposes of our hobby and shared facination, a complete transformation into a werewolf beast IS possible within the stories and fictional worlds we are creating and enjoying together.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Vuldari wrote:
Morkulv wrote:
Night Rain wrote: What exactly can humans turn into?
Psycho's.
Ooookaaaayyy...
'Nuff said. :P

It was a joke, Vuldari. :| And I didn't mean werewolves, when I said 'psycho's'.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Morkulv wrote:It was a joke, Vuldari. :| And I didn't mean werewolves, when I said 'psycho's'.
I wasn't just responding to that post, but rather, to the conversation which that was a response to, that started with This post.
Morkulv wrote:In case you didn't know, human's cannot turn into wolves, nor into upright standing wolves. I think anthro's are ok, but they are just not werewolves, IMO.
Based upon many of the opinions you have shared in the past, it would not suprise me at all to hear you say that you would like to see most of the "Wolf" removed from werewolves completely...

...in favor of Werewolves being more like the legendary "Berserkers" whom (depending on whom you ask) did not literally transform at all, but instead went into a sort of blind rage which gave them superhuman strength and a near total lack of fear and pain, which people compared to the ferocity of a Mad BEAR.

(Thier tendancy of wearing bear-skins to help them get into the correct state of mind helped to propagate the myth that they too were shapeshifters like Werewolves)

The "Berserker" mind-state is quite real.

...and Shapeshifting "Werewolves" are quite Not.

Noted.

Do you really need to keep bringing that blatatly obvious fact up?

I get it allready...you NEVER want to see werewolves that are any more than 40% Wolf in appearance, because you personally only prefer interpretations in which are a blend, (which distinctly favors the "Were" [Man] side over the Canid) rather than a full transition from Full Human into Not-Human.

Is that what you were trying to say in deciding to remind us, again, that REAL humans can not transform into Wolves?

...REAL humans can not transform into 30-40% wolves either.

So where does that leave us?

=^.^'= ~
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Vuldari wrote: So where does that leave us?
Cranky, irritable, and infested with fleas.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

...but I think I can speak for everyone but you in saying that no-one here has any interest in a version of werewolves that only involves the person going bloody, rampaging insane, with no transformations... or anything cool at all, for that matter.
I could see potential in that if it was done in a way that makes you think instead of just for gore.
"Don't mind the blood here; welcome to the slaughterhouse!"
Ashrah
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: White Wolf

Post by Ashrah »

The whole point of watching werewolf movies for me is the story and the transformation.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Night Rain wrote:
I could see potential in that if it was done in a way that makes you think instead of just for gore.
As a general psychological thriller, yes.

...but it wouldn't really be a werewolf. Just a psycho person who possilby claims that they do what they do because they think they are a werewolf.

I could see M. Night Shyamalan doing a Werewolf movie like that though.

It would start with everyone being skeptical and not believing there was a real werewolf...but for the rest of the film it would build you up to think it really was, and then when you, and the characters, were 100% convinced it was a REAL werewolf, it would reveal at the end that it was just a psycho in a fur coat after all. The End.

I swear...the 'TWIST' ending of "The Sixth Sense" was cool and caught me off guard...but his films twists since then keep getting lamer and lamer... IMHO.

=^.^'= ~
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Vuldari wrote: I could see M. Night Shyamalan doing a Werewolf movie like that though.

It would start with everyone being skeptical and not believing there was a real werewolf...but for the rest of the film it would build you up to think it really was, and then when you, and the characters, were 100% convinced it was a REAL werewolf, it would reveal at the end that it was just a psycho in a fur coat after all. The End.

I swear...the 'TWIST' ending of "The Sixth Sense" was cool and caught me off guard...but his films twists since then keep getting lamer and lamer... IMHO.
If M. Night Shyamalan pulled a stunt like that on me, I'll be first in line to smash his knees in.
After I hammer his elbows.
-Calculon
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Apokryltaros wrote:If M. Night Shyamalan pulled a stunt like that on me, I'll be first in line to smash his knees in.
After I hammer his elbows.
I allready felt like that at the ends of "The Village" and "Signs". :P
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Does that mean I shouldnt watch those two movies?
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Does that mean I shouldnt watch those two movies?
No, by all means, watch them! Just don't spit up on your neighbor when all the suspense turns into a hoky ending.

The above Referenced person writes good stuff, he just can't end his stories for beans. This is proved by many of his Movies...he can't end things. He needs to team up with someont that can't write, but can end things....sorta' like my ex-.... :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I think what people mean when they say they want to see "backward knees" is that they want the digitigrade stance, as featured in the ten seconds of good footage in Cursed (the parking garage scene), or the Gestalt forms in The Howling.

American Werewolf in Paris is what you get when someone tries to pull it off without studying anatomy! You don't have to go through what I did in order to learn femurs from tibias and fibulas, but, geez, Gray's Anatomy is in the public domain, and a simple Google search of dog skeletons or a trip to the vet section of the library could have spared us a lot of atrocities.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Vuldari wrote:
Morkulv wrote:It was a joke, Vuldari. :| And I didn't mean werewolves, when I said 'psycho's'.
I wasn't just responding to that post, but rather, to the conversation which that was a response to, that started with This post.
Morkulv wrote:In case you didn't know, human's cannot turn into wolves, nor into upright standing wolves. I think anthro's are ok, but they are just not werewolves, IMO.
Based upon many of the opinions you have shared in the past, it would not suprise me at all to hear you say that you would like to see most of the "Wolf" removed from werewolves completely...

...in favor of Werewolves being more like the legendary "Berserkers" whom (depending on whom you ask) did not literally transform at all, but instead went into a sort of blind rage which gave them superhuman strength and a near total lack of fear and pain, which people compared to the ferocity of a Mad BEAR.

(Thier tendancy of wearing bear-skins to help them get into the correct state of mind helped to propagate the myth that they too were shapeshifters like Werewolves)

The "Berserker" mind-state is quite real.

...and Shapeshifting "Werewolves" are quite Not.

Noted.

Do you really need to keep bringing that blatatly obvious fact up?

I get it allready...you NEVER want to see werewolves that are any more than 40% Wolf in appearance, because you personally only prefer interpretations in which are a blend, (which distinctly favors the "Were" [Man] side over the Canid) rather than a full transition from Full Human into Not-Human.

Is that what you were trying to say in deciding to remind us, again, that REAL humans can not transform into Wolves?

...REAL humans can not transform into 30-40% wolves either.

So where does that leave us?
Not really. Ofcourse werewolves should be part wolf (duh, were the hell did you came up with that?! :roll: ), but unnecessary details like sheets, new grown nails, even pads, and everything else that would make a werewolf look like a furry: NO!

Why the f*ck does a werewolf need a sheet for?! Are they supposed to f*ck they'r victims to death or something? Or even pads if they only turn into a werewolf once a month. ??

And furthermore, I don't think people would know terrifying stories about people getting murdered during WW2 by a werewolf if the werewolves looked cute and cuddly, now would they?

Be a little realistic, WITHOUT putting it on the "bullshit" list in an instant.

Just face it: blending a human and a wolf together would end up looking like ape-bear, but thats just what you get. You sertainly WON'T get a fur-covered human with a wolf-head and digitigrade feet.
redwolfmoon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Clawed Creator

Post by redwolfmoon »

I really like the Werewolves of legend, the majority being discribed as tall men with the faces of wolves and hairy bodies. So pretty much WOLFpeople, I love those ^^.
That doesn't really mean I hate the nakkidy ones, although I commonly find them rat like.
The Van Hellsing werewolf made me very happy and I think the way that Goldenwolf makes them is just beautiful... although I liked her Kerrien, I think it was called, she had a website for it but got rid of it, don't know why. The only werewolf I actually have a 'problem' with is the old Lon Chaney kind of werewolf, awsome for its time, lame all around.
:shift: :D :x :D :shift:
Doodle, doodle, paint, paint, don't forget about the sex and violence!
redwolfmoon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Clawed Creator

Post by redwolfmoon »

Oh, also, Morkulv needs to deffinantly take a huge chill pill. If a human and a wolf were combined and it looked like an ape-bear.... well.... I guess that would make it more discribed as a wereBEAR. The massive majority of pictures of werewolves of oldentimes have been pretty plainly as furred men with wolf heads. Besides, you cannot genetically mix human and wolf DNA yet or maybe never will.
Everything here is best discribed as hypothetical, a theorized world, 'What if' is the basis... SO STOP BEING SO PIG HEADED BY THROWING IN YOUR 'THAT COULDN'T WORK', EVERYTHING IS 'WHAT IF' WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SCIENCE, AS MUCH AS CAN BE PLACED IN BEFORE VERIFYING IT IMPOSSIBLE. Welcome to the Improbable, the Twighlight Zone if you will. A place where wolf and man are brothers rather then enimies, an either physical or mental bond however it percieved as long as it is percieved. Though you do bring up good debates it becomes idiotic prattle once you refuse to leave room for a possibility that is far from your perspective of the werewolf!
Here, have an Enima! :x
Doodle, doodle, paint, paint, don't forget about the sex and violence!
Ashrah
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: White Wolf

Post by Ashrah »

redwolfmoon wrote:Oh, also, Morkulv needs to deffinantly take a huge chill pill. If a human and a wolf were combined and it looked like an ape-bear.... well.... I guess that would make it more discribed as a wereBEAR. The massive majority of pictures of werewolves of oldentimes have been pretty plainly as furred men with wolf heads. Besides, you cannot genetically mix human and wolf DNA yet or maybe never will.
Everything here is best discribed as hypothetical, a theorized world, 'What if' is the basis... SO STOP BEING SO PIG HEADED BY THROWING IN YOUR 'THAT COULDN'T WORK', EVERYTHING IS 'WHAT IF' WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SCIENCE, AS MUCH AS CAN BE PLACED IN BEFORE VERIFYING IT IMPOSSIBLE. Welcome to the Improbable, the Twighlight Zone if you will. A place where wolf and man are brothers rather then enimies, an either physical or mental bond however it percieved as long as it is percieved. Though you do bring up good debates it becomes idiotic prattle once you refuse to leave room for a possibility that is far from your perspective of the werewolf!
Here, have an Enima! :x
Bravo Bravo I am glad to find that some people still have a imagination.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

redwolfmoon wrote: Here, have an Enema! :x
The ancient Mayan nobility used enemas as a form of relaxation and recreation, in that, it was finally realized that these rattle-like "wands" depicted in painted vases (being held by the servants of noblepeople) were actually "injectors" for sacred hallucinogenic suppositories.
Ashrah wrote: Bravo Bravo I am glad to find that some people still have a imagination.
I agree: It seems quite selfish, if not downright discouraging to be told that something (in this case, the appearance of werewolves) shouldn't, couldn't won't, can't look right simply because only one person's peculiar sense of aesthetics won't allow it.
-Calculon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Apokryltaros wrote:
The ancient Mayan nobility used enemas as a form of relaxation and recreation, in that, it was finally realized that these rattle-like "wands" depicted in painted vases (being held by the servants of noblepeople) were actually "injectors" for sacred hallucinogenic suppositories.
Thank you Mr. Dictionary. Its amazing what people find out now a days.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Apokryltaros wrote:
Thank you Mr. Dictionary. Its amazing what people find out now a days.
The Mayan vision enemas were tame compared to the way they showed their devotion to the Gods, in that, they would draw either stingray stingers, or ropes studded with thorns across their tongues and, um, other tender spots, and collect the blood, which would then be ritually burnt with copal incense for the Gods' daily nourishment.

And blame it on Redwolfmoon for bringing up enemas.

"I went to my doctor to ask him to prescribe me a "mind-expanding" drug... And he gave me an enema."
-Benny Hill
-Calculon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Do you often have so much time that you would look up for ancient herbs?
Image Image
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Do you often have so much time that you would look up for ancient herbs?
No, I am NOT going to look for Imhotep's stash of magic tana leaves for you again. I like my left big toe exactly where it is. Now.
-Calculon