Playstation is digging own grave!!

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Playstation is digging own grave!!

Post by Anubis »

Okay i just watched this on G4's Attack of the show just now. They are going to install software on the PS3 to prevent people to rent, borrow, or play used games!!!

one more reason the XBOX RULES!

Sony is getting greedy! I bet you a hundred bucks that this would bury the PlayStation in it's own grave!
THE GAME

My Armory
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

:roll: Sony bought it, not for the PS3 but for blue ray dvd players most likely you should read more into it before pointing fingers Anbis.

oh and IT'S ONLY A RUMER!!!!!!!!!!
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

First off it's ROOMER!

And second IT IS going be on the PS3!!! ((Olny if sony wises up!)) and bite me!
THE GAME

My Armory
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Uhhh...you're BOTH wrong...

"R U M O R"
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Re: Playstation is digging own grave!!

Post by Lupin »

Anubis wrote: one more reason the XBOX RULES!

Because it's so insecure any equivlent schame will get cracked? :P
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Playstation is digging own grave!!

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Anubis wrote:Okay i just watched this on G4's Attack of the show just now. They are going to install software on the PS3 to prevent people to rent, borrow, or play used games!!!

one more reason the XBOX RULES!

Sony is getting greedy! I bet you a hundred bucks that this would bury the PlayStation in it's own grave!
Thiers no way they can do that. You cant program a game to not be used by another person.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Anubis wrote:First off it's ROOMER!

And second IT IS going be on the PS3!!! ((Olny if sony wises up!)) and bite me!
Okay I may have misspelled it but not that horribly. At least I got the u right, the o can just beat it.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

(Anubis, I am very disappointed in you.)
THE GAME

My Armory
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

click on your link Anubis.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

[deleted]
THE GAME

My Armory
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Anubis wrote:nothing's wrong with it i guess your computer is a peice of crap!
You should thank god for that edit button :P :)
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

You two should stop arguing.
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

First of all Anubis, flaming and roleplay-killing are not good examples of proper conduct. I would've thought after so long you'd know better.

And Fenrir, don't encourage him either.

Second, it's only a rumor, not nearly anything to get this bent out of shape over. Usually posters provide a link to the actual article whenever they read something as outrageous as this, so I'm curious, where did you get your information?

Finally, this is not a forum for XBox users to flame the Playstation. If you can't keep it civil, keep it off the forum.
wolfenknight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfenknight »

Terastas,
Is only XBox we can talk about or can we also talk about PSP in this forum?
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

wolfenknight wrote:Terastas,
Is only XBox we can talk about or can we also talk about PSP in this forum?
Hunh?
(Yes, I know I'm not Terastas, but I think I'll try to answer your question anyway)

This perticular thread is about the rumor that Sony is building software into thier PS3 console that will prevent you from playing a borrowed, rented or used copy of a PS3 game and/or Blu-ray movie. (Only a new copy, registered to that player specifically would play).

...however, if you have something to say about how Sony may be hurting, or helping themselves with the PSP, that would certainly be relevant to the subject "Is sony Digging it's own Grave?".

...on the other hand, if you have something to say about the PSP NOT relevant to this conversation, first browse throught the existing threads to see if anyone has started a topic about it allready...and if not...start a new one.

Does that answer your question?
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
wolfenknight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfenknight »

I was just confused about that but thanks for clearing that up Vuldari :)
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Terastas wrote:
*shifty eyes* I have no idea what your talking about 8)
Terastas wrote:Second, it's only a rumor, not nearly anything to get this bent out of shape over. Usually posters provide a link to the actual article whenever they read something as outrageous as this, so I'm curious, where did you get your information?
Said that and he said he had gotten it from attack of the show but they said "The latest rumor about the PS3 is......"
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Syzygy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wergild Collector

Post by Syzygy »

Sony announced that the standard PS3 will cost $499 which I believe is the same price as the 360 Premium Edition, but apparently the a single PS3 will cost Sony over $715 to manufacture. They will have to rely on game sales if they do not want the land up in a world of trouble.
Eat more tobasco.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Terastas wrote:First of all Anubis, flaming and roleplay-killing are not good examples of proper conduct. I would've thought after so long you'd know better.

Second, it's only a rumor, not nearly anything to get this bent out of shape over. Usually posters provide a link to the actual article whenever they read something as outrageous as this, so I'm curious, where did you get your information?

Finally, this is not a forum for XBox users to flame the Playstation. If you can't keep it civil, keep it off the forum.
:(
THE GAME

My Armory
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

Syzygy wrote:Sony announced that the standard PS3 will cost $499 which I believe is the same price as the 360 Premium Edition, but apparently the a single PS3 will cost Sony over $715 to manufacture. They will have to rely on game sales if they do not want the land up in a world of trouble.
The Xbox 360 premium costs $399
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
Kwipper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werebear Extroidnare
Mood: Happy

Post by Kwipper »

I for one hope that someone *starts nudging the moderators to this fourm* deletes this post. Why you ask? Cause Video Game Console Wars DO NOT BELONG HERE AT ALL! Everyone hates debates about which video game console is better and the only reason why people do it, is so that people can they can convince other people to buy their favorite video game console system. This way the money that the early adopters spent on buying their favorite systems, feels justified to them.

However there is a problem with this tactic. It usually doesn't sway anyone at all. It all ends in pointless bickering and flaming and brings out the stupidity in people. So moderators. Please delete this thread. I beg of you. Please make an effort to stop video game console wars. It will make the web fourms a better/happier place to chat and socialize online.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

It looks like a damn playground in here... Anyway, I do think XBox has a headstart with the next-gen consoles (no, I'm not a fanboy), but who knows what will happen in the future. And I don't believe rumors (yet).
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

oh i got somethign about digging graves on the psp, it's not that important, but they are releasing a Ps1 emulator for PSp wich you have to buy, then buy all the games too, i just think thats stupid, and they will overprice.

Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I already discussed this rumor with my buddies on another forum. We concluded that it is indeed just a rumor. Game rentals and used games are all a part of the busy market. For Sony to exclude themselves, it would mean a company shattering low in sales. That, and one of my buddies posted a link to a press release saying this rumor was false. I'm still looking for the thread so I can post the link. It's like, 2 months old.

This video is enough to persuade me not to get a PS3.
Sony PS3 Conference in 1 minute
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Evanstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Known to Bite

Post by Evanstar »

Gee, I'm glad I play games on my PC now :P All joking aside. There will always be those that prefer their own console and that's totally cool. Every person has their own preference.
On a side note, I do indeed hope it is a rumor but we'll have to wait and see. I just wish SquareEnix would release Final Fantasy games in the states when they promise to instead of delays. :pissedoff: