?? can werewolves die

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
werewolfspirit_3
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

?? can werewolves die

Post by werewolfspirit_3 »

??
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Yes.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Lack of bloodflow to the brain, of course.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Would you survive if I shoot a Deagle .50 at your head? If the answer is no, then the answer on your question is: yes, werewolves can die.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Werewolves, like wolves and human, need air, water, and food, among other things.
Depriving a werewolf of air, water and or food for a prolonged amount of time, as well as subjecting the werewolf to severe physical trauma, say, being run over by a tanker truck, struck by a falling grand piano, pushed out of a 10 story window, electrocution, and or being attacked by an irate king cobra will most likely kill the unfortunate werewolf.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

werewolves can die they are like every living creature on the the planet! Sooner or later EVERY living thing eventually dies!

its the circle of life.

Your born----> life sucks----> then you die
THE GAME

My Armory
Evanstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Known to Bite

Post by Evanstar »

I say yes they can die or be killed. I've always imagined they might have a longer lifespan than an average person.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

pushed out of a 10 story window
A bit higher, I think of them being more durable than that.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Being pushed out a 10 story window wouldn't be enough for the werewolf to perish? Note that you can reach, as a human, terminal velocity in less than 12 feet. Ten stories, by the book, is 120 feet.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Baphnedia wrote:Being pushed out a 10 story window wouldn't be enough for the werewolf to perish?
Not mine. :D
Note that you can reach, as a human, terminal velocity in less than 12 feet. Ten stories, by the book, is 120 feet.
Does not take long.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

We're speaking more of werewolves in general. If you're able to bounce or fly (on or before impact) or have a Portable Hole to fall through when you hit the ground - that's fine.

Where'd you get the name Xiroteus?
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Xiroteus wrote:
Baphnedia wrote:Being pushed out a 10 story window wouldn't be enough for the werewolf to perish?
Not mine. :D
Note that you can reach, as a human, terminal velocity in less than 12 feet. Ten stories, by the book, is 120 feet.
Does not take long.
Do note that the impact from falling from a 10 story window is enough to literally destroy a human body.
My health teacher from high school had a friend, with whom he'd joke about things like, "how high would a person bounce if he fell from a 10-story building?" The friend would go on to become a firefighter. One day, the friend attended the scene of the suicide of a man who jumped to his death from a 10 story building. With much reluctance upon being asked how high the suicide victim bounced, the friend told my teacher that they had to use a shovel to scrape what was left of him off of the pavement and into the body bag.
Do also note that falls are more harmful/fatal for heavier creatures than lighter creatures, no matter their durability.
While it is true that a cat can survive a fall from 10 stories, due to its ability to turn and then land on its feet, a tiger falling 10 stories is very likely to suffer crippling, life-altering injuries, should it survive at all.
Logic strongly suggests that unless a werewolf possesses innate supernatural/magical healing powers, a werewolf will leave a bigger splat than a human will.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I'd doubt that even supernatural healing powers would do much good, after the splat/fact.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Baphnedia wrote:We're speaking more of werewolves in general. If you're able to bounce or fly (on or before impact) or have a Portable Hole to fall through when you hit the ground - that's fine.

General werewolves would most likely not fair so well.
Where'd you get the name Xiroteus?
I made it from a couple words, I wanted a name that was one word and was not taken, doing well so far.
Do note that the impact from falling from a 10 story window is enough to literally destroy a human body.
I saw someone fall eighty feet from a tree without life threatening injuries, of course there was nine soft grass and dirt below and not concrete.
I'd doubt that even supernatural healing powers would do much good, after the splat/fact.
Regenerative healing abilites should help, most likely more durable to begin with, if everything was stronger then humans. I do not recall the name of the film, it was many years ago, ten plus, where a werewolf was blown up and it reassembled him self and did not die until shot with a silver bullet.
Do also note that falls are more harmful/fatal for heavier creatures than lighter creatures, no matter their durability.
A spider can fall from a hight of a thousand feet to us, without harm, if the spider was as large as a animal and feel from the same hight, splat. I wonder how fall humans could fall if we become small as a bug.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

werewolfspirit_3 wrote:how ?? :?
Boy is that ever a big long list. :grinp:
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

You know, Terastas, we could almost turn this thread into a grotesque game (and move it to Forum games if it does)... it would get me back in the top 25 (maybe the top 10) posters on the forum again though. ;)
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

First and foremost, one might speculate that the initial transformation process itself is highly risky and potentially lethal. In many of our storylines, we picture a significant risk of death by a number of horrible means, ranging from cerebral herniation, to thromboembolism while plaques tear loose from shifting arteries, to hemorrhagic fever.

But, I think the question implied someone already past that point. I think you're asking more about the seasoned shifter.

Excerpt from "Ways to Kill a Werewolf," by Dr. Rudolf van Richten:

1. A silver bullet straight through the heart
2. A silver bullet missing the heart but hitting the upper lobe of the left lung, causing a tension pneumothorax
3. A silver-coated copper bullet
4. A gold or platinum bullet
5. Any other bullet, fired in the right location

237. Falling from a four story roof, landing on his head, and cracking open his skull
238. Watching Darkwolf, Howling II, or The Beast of Bray Road
239. A knife. Nah... too messy. Do you mind! He's my friend!
240. Hanging

9023. Thermonuclear holocaust
9024. Being onboard a giant spacecraft that crashes into the sun
9025. Plasma ray bursts from an Illarthi fighter craft

40,752. Quantum teleporer malfunction
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

You know, Scott - you really know how to be the end of a fun concept to get a lot of posts in... >.>
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Xiroteus wrote:
Apokryltaros wrote:Do also note that falls are more harmful/fatal for heavier creatures than lighter creatures, no matter their durability.
A spider can fall from a hight of a thousand feet to us, without harm, if the spider was as large as a animal and feel from the same hight, splat. I wonder how fall humans could fall if we become small as a bug.
Do realize that most spiders are so small and weigh so little, that they can survive falls with little or no injury. On the other hand, a tarantula can be killed by a fall of less than 3 feet, i.e., when its owner inadvertantly drops it while handling it.
This is primarily because the tarantula's abdomen is exceptionally fragile, akin to a bag of jelly.
-Calculon
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Yep - which begs the question - how much less like a bag of jelly is a werewolf as opposed to a human?
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Do realize that most spiders are so small and weigh so little, that they can survive falls with little or no injury.
Yep.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Baphnedia wrote:Yep - which begs the question - how much less like a bag of jelly is a werewolf as opposed to a human?
People and werewolves aren't really like bags of jelly, as, unlike a tarantula, neither people nor werewolves carry all of their vital innards in a sac, like a spider's abdomen.
THen again, dropped from a high-enough height, it won't matter too much if the victim had an endoskeleton or exoskeleton.
-Calculon
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

That's what I was kind of pointing at... I was being subtle.

A werewolf has greater mass. Therefore, their body must maintain a ratio of physical resistance to damage (kinetic transfer) to that of a human, to splatter with equal effect to a human.

To fall greater distances and surviving, whatever that toughness ratio normally is, it must be greatly surpassed. No matter what the ratio is, a great enough height will still be fatal, like you say Apok.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Dinars to donuts says that a werewolf isn't going to survive being sucked into a jet engine, either.
-Calculon
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Apokryltaros wrote:Dinars to donuts says that a werewolf isn't going to survive being sucked into a jet engine, either.
What if the werewolf ended up like that guy who survived getting sucked in by a fighter jet engine?