The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Australian Promotion Poster Competition

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Hey guys

With everyone's permission (Especially Anthony's), I would run a competition.

Some of you may have seen my (poorly organised) website below to get a list of fans to get the film well recieved in Australia (The list can be shown to cinemas and such...it is possible for it to be a factor in whether it is released in a certain local cinema). For me to gather as many fans as I can, I feel I need to advertise both sites offline. I think that advertising the site in Australia will make sure it gets good ratings here and is recieved well when it gets here. I think it should be recieved well because I am 100% sure this will be well made for werewolf fans, and will be recieved by non werewolf fans as well. But since it isn't a hollywood blockbuster, and is more independently made, it needs exposure (like a good band with talent which isnt well known else where), ie this Pack site obviously and the internet. You all know the story.

My idea is to print of A4 posters linking to this website, Anthony's Freeborn trailer site with the info and stuff, and linking to my site so I can get people's names on the list. Hopefully the posters alone could get it some exposure here. I was thinking if everybody in Australia on this site printed some off and posted them up in local cinemas, video stores, even music stores and various other shops, it would raise the chances just that little bit :wink:

So perhaps if this is a good idea, we could run a poster competition. It could be done in other countries too. Whoever wants to distribute the posters will have to print it out themselves of course, the only downside, but Im sure we can get at least a few done.

The poster would have to include:

- Attractive graphics, with Anthony's permission (NO copyrighted images without permission!)

- Links to these sites and petition sites like mine (Depending what country the poster is in, for Australia mine would be linked I guess)

- A teaser sentence. Perhaps look at other movie posters for layout ideas and such.

- Of course the movies name :P

Anyway there are FAR more advanced graphics designers on this board than me, they don't have to be overly professional, the simpler they are the better, simple is more elegant than clutter.

If this goes ahead, I suggest some more experienced eyes judge this competition rather than me. :lol: I'm pretty crap at judging things like this. I want to be everybody's friend. Someone ruthless.

Thanks for reading. It may be a long shot, but it may aid the film when it does get released in Australia. Let me know what you think.

Please give me modifications to the competition and ideas if this goes ahead!! All entries would be linked on this thread rather than being sent to an email, and people wanting to print them can save them to their computer.

- Kirk -[/b]
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Its times like this that I wish I had Photoshop or something :(

Sounds cool though! :D
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Haha! Yeah hopefully some people want to do it. Im also not really any good at making graphics like that. :(
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

well, I had already made a poster today which I am going to put up around my school :D not that great of a poster. but it works.

If I had any skill in photoshop this would be much better
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Searif Bogard wrote:well, I had already made a poster today which I am going to put up around my school :D not that great of a poster. but it works.

If I had any skill in photoshop this would be much better
Hey

Seriously, If you have one, please send it! I will put it up around Australia. The wider spread it is, the better, I think. It doesn't have to be pro, at all. Ill print it off, with your name (c) on it.

Im having serious issues finding any fans here! But I think I can put it up in some music stores I know where some werewolf fans might hang out (Hopefully no violent gothic blood loving people who only want to kill others...heh...heh....eh..yeah).
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Ah once I posted my comment, I just realised you already had it on there, it hadn't loaded! Am I allowed to print this off?

:D
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

I'll talk to The exec producer about it, and we'll see if we can't come up with something to help everyone out.

AB
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

ABrownrigg wrote:I'll talk to The exec producer about it, and we'll see if we can't come up with something to help everyone out.

AB
Haha thanks. I think I sent you a message about it a while ago...I might have forgotten, my memory isn't the greatest. I'll print this one off (With a (c) beneath it for you Searif and only if you want me to do it) and put it up. Even just one or two more fans can be a good thing from Australia!

People can post as many posters as they like. Anyhow, I'd better head off to do some music.

hwlwnk
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Look, Ma! He's smiling!"

Post by Moon_Lover »

Okay...I might be able to help you with this, but I need to be able to take pictures (from the trailer) of the actors. Permission to use their image and all...
I already have an idea working in my head, but I need to know more specifically what can be used and what can't.
Though as a teaser in itself: Imagine the pack symbol in the background, the two main actors both facing towards the center, the male slightly above (I'm horrible with names). They are both slightly faded out, and the text is blue, with a slight tint of red.
There's more, but it's that's what is easiest to describe.
I'll see if I can find some of my previous work to show you...

Edit: I'm simply going to hope that the answer would be yes, and see where it goes.
You can run, you can hide, but I'll still pounce on you and lick you silly.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I will say yes, all you need to do is ask Anthony about it. I'll accept several different posters from people.

I love the idea :D and it is up to you what goes on it, as long as it's informative enough for the public to know it's a werewolf film, and websites to see what the film is like and about (Ie links).

Im sure Anthony will like it, he gets advertising, and we get more chance of it spreading around the entire globe. Thus more chance of it going on DVD...etc! Everybody wins.

Thanks all of you, I was losing hope before, but I badly advertised this I think.

hwlwnk

Oh I'd love to see previous work, I love looking at people's designs and such, not because I think your poster might suck, but because I enjoy viewing stuff :P
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

I love the idea of a promotional poster that fans can print off and distribute. But I think it would work just as well in America as elsewhere.
I also think that having printable promotional items in more than one form could help boost the film, especially if they were distributed en masse at the best possible time (not entirely sure when this would be, maybe right before the film came out?).
For example, if I found local stores who agreed to display the poster, I could print up posters and give it to them. Or, if I found that my public library was willing to put out a tray of free bookmarks, I would like to print a bunch up and give them to the library. Or, if I was a promo fanatic, it would be cool to print out some booklets or brochures and put them everywhere that free literature gets distributed, such as in laundromats. As long as I was paying for this myself, and the items had already been officially approved for distribution, I don't see how Freeborn could possibly lose.
By the way, there are a number of web-based services that allow one person to upload a design (such as a poster design or booklet design) and then let anyone pay to print them off. I believe cafepress (for lots of items) and lulu (for booklets) are two of the most popular, but I'm sure I've seen dozens of others.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

That would be a good idea! Thanks for that. I assume this would work in every country, as I said in the main post. Anyone who is willing to distribute in their country is great.

I have a lot of places I can pin posters up with little URL slips. I haven't got a heap of money for ink to print a lot off, so I have to do it in the most economic way possible. But the more areas the posters are printed, the better.

Eventually I hope to go and annoy the cinema owners about it.

hwlwnk
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Actually I should put you in touch with LynneReynholds.. ourexec Producer who is handling all that.. she's already doing the posters in individual stores thing.. and she's handling all marketing and promotionals.

AB
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

ABrownrigg wrote:Actually I should put you in touch with LynneReynholds.. ourexec Producer who is handling all that.. she's already doing the posters in individual stores thing.. and she's handling all marketing and promotionals.

AB
That might be a cool idea, thanks! This could get pretty cool, and hopefully pretty useful too. Let me know, and I will definately set more time aside for this. Especially on my quickly made Australian promotion site. I'm capable of better graphics, but I haven't had the time. The background for a start...heh...too bright.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Hearth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hearth »

Here's my try. This was done with a program called PhotoFiltre, so I am not sure if this may be legally used without registrated version, but this is what the poster would round-about look like.

(Almost everything on it is material by Anthony Brownrigg, hope he doesn't mind)
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Hey I like it, Hearth! Nice! Thats two posters and one coming so far.

hwlwnk
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moon_Lover »

In all honesty, I tried the original idea, and it didn't work out like I had planned, so I tried a few others...
Here they are:

These are fairly informal, but I could be more specific if you wanted (movie credits, etc.). Since I knew that they weren't main production...you get the idea.
The background idea is to have the movies presented after a segmented amount of time, and have them displayed in their current order.
Anyway...hope that these work.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Wow Moon Lover! :o Very eyestriking!

They did work, took a bit to load, but that's only because my computer is being rather slow today, meandering along.
The background idea is to have the movies presented after a segmented amount of time, and have them displayed in their current order.
What do you mean by that? I'm ignorant sometimes; I'm assuming it's a good idea of some sort and I'm being too slow today. :P

I've saved all of these posters so far; I should modify that top post sometime (It was more speculative), I think because in all honest opinion these are all good, and because Jamie's idea of multiple products and posters is such a good idea, that I will simply use them all. That way I can be crafty and put two up, two different ones, near each other in certain spots and different pictures capture different people's attentions, and nobody thinks I'm repeating the posters annoyingly in the same area.

Highly amazing works by you all...keep 'em coming, they will all be used.

I encourage other people's comments too! :howl:  :oo

I think they are all great.

The other sort of information that we could include would be (For Australian ones, and I can add it myself if you like as we can't have this on posters distributed in other countries) my Australian petition thing, (Which -needs- to be seriously redone before anything is released, because it looks childish :lol: the idea of the petition is to get an idea on how many interested Australians there are specifically, because Australia is the sort of country that won't release it unless there's a profile to be had, ugh), the pack website, and the website's main link,

I think it's http://www.anthonybrownrigg.com/freeborn ? On clicking all of those, I think they will get a general idea on what the entire movie is about. Movie credits are also welcome, of course, it's your choice. Im hoping the local cinemas will take some, and I can print them off in small sizes that people can take home with them; there's a few piles of various movies and competition ones lying around there. The video stores also.

Anyhow, this should go well, especially if done in many countries! I'll have to think about what I put in my top post, so I'll redo it when I have more time. I better save these posters, I have a special file for them ;)
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Jessie-Simone
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Shewolf
Mood: Happy

Post by Jessie-Simone »

lck Cool site for Ozzie's hay me.
Thanks to Sae-Kurosawa
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moon_Lover »

What I meant is that they are to be presented over time. for instance, the first one would be shown. And then, a couple months later, the the second, the third, and then the fourth just before the end.
By the way, before I forget, I still have the posters in editing form, if anything needs to be changed (the url, for example).
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Moon_Lover wrote:What I meant is that they are to be presented over time. for instance, the first one would be shown. And then, a couple months later, the the second, the third, and then the fourth just before the end.
By the way, before I forget, I still have the posters in editing form, if anything needs to be changed (the url, for example).
Yeah, this is the way that movies tend to do teaser ads. Keep giving them something new every so often, so each individual ad gets full saturation, but each new ad brings in a breath of fresh air to keep things from getting stale.
-Jamie Hall
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moon_Lover »

But of course. :D
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Moon_Lover wrote:What I meant is that they are to be presented over time. for instance, the first one would be shown. And then, a couple months later, the the second, the third, and then the fourth just before the end.
Ah makes plenty of sense! This can be done of course. I can't believe I didn't even think of that before. :D

Jessie-Simone wrote:lck Cool site for Ozzie's hay me.
I know it looks a bit rubbish at the moment, but if you sign the list of fans, it'd be a great help (No signup is needed, you can put guest as long as you read the rules I have on the page, such as putting some sort of recognisable name up). Try get your Aussie friends to as well if you can! The site needs to be redone.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moon_Lover »

By the way: is there any particular thing that you want to have expressed in the posters, if you want any more?
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Moon_Lover wrote:By the way: is there any particular thing that you want to have expressed in the posters, if you want any more?
I'm thinking that I remember this movie having other taglines than just the ones that start with "If you knew werewolves existed..."
Logically, we'd want each tagline to appear on at least one poster.
Or were those other taglines dropped?
I'm pretty sure I remember one other tagline that was pretty cool.
-Jamie Hall