pointless talking

Here you will find forum type games to play.
Chance
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: There is joy in everything you do, you just have to realize it's there so you can embrace it.
Mood: Happy

Re: pointless talking

Post by Chance »

It's finally friday! Woot! Well not actually friday but it is for me, so yyaa for me :P
Chance
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: There is joy in everything you do, you just have to realize it's there so you can embrace it.

Post by Chance »

Ok, so this is going to be a very long Arg! Lol. Anywho , ever have a week that was made way more complicated than it needed to be? That's the kind of week I've had. So...I work with ovens. Got to work on my monday and boss tells me that the previous baker had problems with the oven over 400deg. I find that odd as does she so if anything happens, let her know. Now you can't be a bake boss without actually being a baker first. You don't just go through training and get to be a manager. That's not how it works, for good reason.However that doesn't mean every manager has the same experience as the baker.
So, oh I should prob say I work with two kinds of ovens. An upright rack oven and a stone deck, one upright, three decks.First batch seems good, no probs, but it was still under 400. Next batch 420. Rack oven stops rotating :x So I lower the temp, even though it doesn't make sense to do that, cause it's prob the arm and not the temp.Arm, what rotates the rack for an even bake. It's a huge convection oven.
No go. it still stops. So I call her and let her know it's not temp that's the prob it's the arm. So for the rest of the night I have to rotate the rack myself, ......every few minutes.....a quarter turn....if I want it to bake evenly. Not the worst.
I try to tell her I could just use the decks but she's insistant on the fact that the bread would burn and not bake properly. I'm like , the decks have directional heating, all you have to do is change the direction of the heat flow and it'll bake fine, she pauses, oh, she says. But goes right back to being insistant on the fact the bread won't bake right.
Then I realized something, she didn't even know about that option. She has never used the deck oven like that. I have, a couple times. Even with that new knowledge I was told not to use the deck. Four days of this.So tonight( the fifth night), the oven arm won't be moved. If you try and place it a certain direction it goes right back to it's starting place. Which means, if I want to continue to use that oven I have to remove each pan/screen of bread and turn it and replace it. And wouldn't you know it, that's what they want me to do. I'm like why can't I just use the deck, and again, the same old story ( only this time I was talking to my other manager) and she as well had no clue about the directional heating in the deck. Granted it's something we don't use often because we don't bake a lot of bread in it and a lot of bakers never got the chance to use them extensivley because they are fazing them out. But still! So I did it anyway.
And here's my argument for why. First off , you ever stand in the doorway of a 420 dregree oven for 2 mins, every 3 minutes. lol. You walk out of that place looking like you spent the day in the sun. Also every time your in the oven for an extended lenght of time you're losing heat, 50 to 100 deg everytime. So just when you going back in to rotate the pans, the oven is just coming back up to temp. What if effectivly does is increase you bake time to about double what it would normaly be and make you feel as if it's totally sensless. The bread came out fine, and everything I used the rack for came out unevenly baked. Next time I won't even say anything, and I'll just do it my way. Bosses don't always know everything , they like to think they do though. My bosses are actually pretty cool but they dropped the ball on this one. So just some advise to any bosses out there, when your employee says they know how to do something you don't, sometimes it's in the best interest of all to listen.
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Every time I'm here I'm having a harder time trying to figure out which thread I'm gonna raise from the dead :P
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Geeez Louieez, can we get some convo's going here! It's like being stuck outside a nightclub, talking to the bouncer trying to gain some kind of favor so he will let you in, but he just ignores you lol. :P
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Woot! Work week's almost over and I think the weather is gonna be nice this weekend. Granted it is going to be hot and muggy but hey, you can't complain about the cold of winter if you don't enjoy the summer :P
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Have you ever lost anyone you've loved? Deeply loved. It's like the moment the thought of that seperation occurs your whole body weeps. In fact it's not even a moment, it's a split second and every nerve in your body reacts, cries out.
Your eyes tear and your chest warms, if you didn't know better you'd think it was a great happiness or joy you are feeling, as even in that joy there is a saddness, a moment of peace that cannot be physically expressed otherwise.
A root had been uplifted, taken.
All you can do is cover your face and feel the gut wrenching pressure you apply to your body to not let that wrench out, someone might hear, hear your pain.
When a tree is uprooted it withers and dies, yet we are called to move on, except the fate of us all, remember the good, the love.
HOW WHOLLY INCONSIDERATE!
HOW DARE YOU TELL ME TO MOVE ON AND REMEMBER THE ALL THE GOOD TIMES! I'M ALLOWED TO BE ANGRY!I'M ALLOWED TO FEEL MY PAIN, and not move on but move forward.
That is what I'm called to do. Yes I will remember, I won't ever forget. I will live with joy, the memories.

Some will say, celerbrate thier life, instead of mourn the loss. My grief is a celebration of that life.
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Welp it's been a bit of a chaotic couple weeks. Saw my grandmother for the last time. I tried to say all the things I might not have said before. Tried to embrace every painful moment, knowing it would be the last time I'd spend time with her. Made me respect other cultures ways of dealing with their dying and dead. I just didn't think it was right , leaving her in that bed.....to essentially die alone...or with a stranger. I live a bit away so I couldn't stay long but I sat there in that room for four hours, as other family came and went. She should have been home , in her own bed, dying in a familiar place with her loved ones. Hardest thing I've ever done, walking away from her there. I felt shame. I'm happy she's no longer in pain, no longer suffering. I will miss her terribly. I wanted to bring her home with me awhile ago, but my uncle was against it, said it wouldn't be fair, but no one else offered to take her. I think it's terrible how we think leaving our loved ones in strange place to die is exceptable. No honor, no loyalty to the one who raised you. Selfishness, that's all it is. Shamefull. So yeah, I'm grieving.
So....I'm thinking when I reach the number of posts in this thread, not counting my own, it should be halved and renamed Chances meanderings? :P Lol, as it seems I'm the only one using this thread.
I've just started sleeping well again, took little over a week. Think my body was just like ok, that's it, rest it is.Something has spurred in me though, you don't realize how short life really is, how good you actually have it, and how you need to live your best life till you watch someone die. This isn't the first time I've experienced a death but it is the first time I watched it happen.Looking into vacancy, searching for signs of life.
I've always tried to live as guenuinly as possible. I've also been a bit reserved, in my later years. I traveled and did just about everything you can say " been there, done that" to. As I've aged that wild side of course calmed down. I'm not looking to relive those days, but I'm also not living life to it's fullest. Although I don't think a lot will change, a little more spontanious, more meaningful experiences wouldn't hurt.
I had almost forgotten how hot it is in August. Arg! Every summer I tell myself I'm getting a pass for the water park and I don't end up doing it. Really should have. They should let you bring in your own food and stuff. Wouldn't be so expensive if they did. It's not like the pass is cheap or something and they need to make up revenue. Oh well.
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Ok, so I'm at a loss of things to post that wouldn't qualify for this thread in particular. Many because THERE'S NO ONE TO RESPOND! :P
I could have sworn I saw another member return from a long hyatus, just to disapear again.

Anywho, it's friday :howl:  :oo
Well for me it is. Though next week I get to work a double, that'll be fun. Not. Though it's not terrible either. The only unfun thing about it is trying to bake around a whole cafe full of people, that aren't normally there when I am. So it's always interesting. But that's a week away so I'll think about it then.
The next two days it's going to be sunny and not so incredably hot, thank goodness. It's been so muggy I couldn't even open my windows at night, the next two, they will be open. YYaa 8)
The last three day's I've come home from work and just read, sat for hours and just read. I remember a time when I was younger living elsewhere. I had taken a week vacation from work, layed in bed all week and read. What's funny about that? We'll there came a time during that week that I noticed I had neglected other things. Like a shower ,lol. I still laugh when I think about it.
Anywho, later :D
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Today I just feel like laying around listening to music and daydreaming :music:
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Finally saw the movie Venom with Tom Hardy. Yeah I know it's been out awhile and I'm late to the game but it wasn't bad. Pretty funny actually. Course gotta love Tom Hardy. Have ever since I saw him in Bronson. Think that's the name. That is a good movie! I like Venom's sense of humor :P
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Welp another work week gone. Had to work another double this week. My knees are always hurting after a double. Go get one bake done and then drive and get another bake done. We are super short on bakers. Got some trainies in but they'll be staggered coming out so it's gonna be another few weeks till we can fill some holes. Plus they can't just jump out and handle everything by themselves right of the bat. Some of them will need helpers. It's not hard work, well , I guess it can be. It's hard work if you don't have time management skills.A person can run themselves ragged if they can't get a timeline put together.Two bakes in 11 hours. That has been my wednsdays lately and it's technically my friday. So I'm ending the week pretty tired.
I see the spams still up, no ones really here, so I guess why does it even matter. It's not like it's interfering with any convos. lol
Anywho, it's a beautiful day today and I'm prob just gonna stay home. Could go to half price books but I don't need anything. They do have some seasons of the tv show Cheers I'd like to pick up but that's just spending money, I don't need anything.
Plus it's kinda my bed time :P
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

I can't seem to find the energy to get on here more often lately. Mainly because I'm spending a whole day catching up on sleep. Doubles every wednsday for the forseable future. It's not hard to do but it is tirering ( lol, i so don't care that's spelled wrong). Only getting about 5-6 hours of sleep on my fridays before I get up to work 6pm-6am. Wake up on my saturday just to go back to sleep a few hours later. I'm not old by any means but I'm also not as young as I used to be so, I guess it takes a lot more out of me to do that now. Plus my job isn't one where I just sit around all day. In fact on double days I don't get any real break. I get a handful of quick sit downs but that's about it. Don't have a lot of time to waste when you've got two bakes to get done.
Forcing myself out of the house today. Think I'll hit the book store and hopefully the sun will shine today. Weather is actually like fall, a pretty quick change in one day so I'm just hoping for some sunshine of my day off. :D
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Cried my eyes out over a video of someone doing a good deed for another human being. Not sure if that means I'm a terrible human being and don't do enough for my fellow man or that's just the condition our world is in. Seeing some help another unselfishly brings you to tears.No joke I cried for like twenty minutes.

Yes I'm a women and NO it's not that time of the month :P Just think it sucks when the innocent suffer but am thankful there's still good people in the world.Otherwise we'd all be :duckbomb2:
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Wooohooo as of right now I don't have to work a double tonight :howl:  :oo . If anyone reads this , cross those fingers and toes :P
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Ok so.. I'm refocusing. It might not be the new year yet but I'm starting early. Yeah I'm making resolutions for the rest of the year that I'm hoping will continue into the new year. I already do these things but , everything is so scattered it doesn't often feel as if I'm accomplishing anything. So I'm commiting to a schedule of sorts. Focusing , prioritizing. One thing that I do every now and then is completely disconnect from everything internet, tv, phone. I'm gonna make that a habit and comit to two days a week. That'll free up more time for me to do other things I'm prioritizing like, more reading (actual books) lol, exersice, study (it's nice to learn things).
I've been couch potatoeing this whole thing for a little while now and it's just time to commit. I know a lot of people have done similar things this past year given all the time some people have had on their hands, or just out of seclusion from others to keep themselves motivated. Well, I don't think my reasons are due to any of the effects of the last year but more of a , it's just time , kinda thing.
So yeah, as usual just shareing my thoughts outloud :P
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Let's start this off with an Arg! so we can end on a woohoo note. :P
I hate my new neighbor! I know hate is a strong word but as I have been constantly wishing ill will upon her I think hate is a good word. I've come short of wishing death upon her so that's good. :lol: She is sooooo loud. From banging stuff around to her music and geez louise is she a hard walker, and I live next to her. I can't imagine how the people below her are fareing. I bet they hate her too. I had to go out and buy earplugs to sleep. Didn't have this noise problem with my last neighbors. In fact I've worked night shift for alittle over four years now and never had to use earplugs to sleep. Ugh, I just want her to not exist next to where I exist .
On a different note, I've been contemplating a new career of sorts and I've decided to give what I'm doing now another six months, and if it doesn't turn out for the better then I'm off and running. I've realized I love the work, don't like the job. That does make sense I swear
:P
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Just watched Deadpool again, hadn't seen it if forever. Such a good movie. Reynolds is awesome.So funny.
Only thing is it seems like a lot of his roles seem to incorperate aspects of deadpool, or those are just the kind of roles he's takin on. :D
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Hit the local mexican resturant tonight with my friend and lost an earring :? . It just disapeared

The funny thing, the same earring is now twice as expensive as it was when I first purchased them, so won't be buying them again :P
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Happy Thanksgiving !

(I could have sworn there was a pilgrim smilie) lol
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Hope everyone, all the lurkers (if there are any here anymore), all the bots, any random person had a good Thanksgiving :D

I know I did. Made more food than I could finish eating in four days. Was cool to be able to watch the parade this year. Not just because it wasn't on last year but due to my old schedule I wasn't able to.
Switching from 3rd shift to day shift is not as easy as I thought it would be. In almost two weeks I've only been able to adjust my schedule 6-7 hours. Which is good, but still have a few hours , well 6-7 hours to go. Turning your sleep schedule on it's head isn't easy. :P
Weird, switching to 3rd shift, not so difficult but switching to day shift , Arg!
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Went to take a nap and ended up sleeping all day :P . Now I have to try and stay up 20 hours if I want to get back to where I had gotten with moving my schedule :x , lol
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

I have a question. If this board is still up for preservation purposes, how is it actually being presvered?

It's bombarded by spam, which is everywhere. Spam is what you see when visit the board, even before signing in. I understand there really isn't anyone to monitor the board, since there isn't activity from real people (except me)lol. But maybe the board should get locked from all new registration to prevent it being spam central. Just a thought.
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Merry Christmas , well in a few days :P :santa:
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Happy New Year ! :party: :beerwolf:

May you be able to do all the things you weren't able to do this year, but more importantly. Do all the things you didn't think you could do.
In the end we only regret the chances we didn't take :D
Chance
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chance »

Supposedly we're going to get some snow this week. It was 60 and raining on christmas. It's cold and sunny but no snow yet. Just doesn't feel like winter without snow. Not that I'm complaining, I'd rather it be freezing and dry, just doesn't look like winter out my window :P