The place for anything at all...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Werewolf Hunters

Post by MoonKit »

What do you imagine werewolf hunters to be like?

Weirdoes who wanna be werewolves? :vulcanwolf:

Scientists who just want to learn? :read2:

Religious nuts who want to kill because they think they are doing good? :pope:

Other? :laddie:

Anybody have any opions on what a werewolf hunter would be like? Maybe even what weapons they would use. :|
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

They would be like the LEFT wing extremist democrat and werewolf would be the republican.

they would absoutly obsess over the absolute distruction of everything werewolf related, and they would stop at nothing to see the werewolf's demise.

they would probably have "samples" to study and torture,just to find ways to kill them more effectivley.

weapon wise............its hard to say are we bieng realistic ,or going off of fantasy.

realistic---- anything that shoots a high velocity projectile.

They are probably poorley dressed,stink to high hell, and most likely an alchoholic/chain smoker.

fantasy--- anything that shoots a SILVER high velocity projectile.

swords, knives, bows,cross bows, etc.
Last edited by White Paw on Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I believe awhile ago this topic had already been discussed and I remember mentionings of three different types of werewolf hunters.

1) Wannabe Vampire Slayer (Teens who watched a bit too much TV in their spare time.).
2) Paranormal geeks intent on proving the existance of werewolves. Not essentially by killing the werewolf, but by video taping, capturing, or other means they have that would drive people wondering (think about BigFoot hunters.).
3) Someone with a personal grudge. They know werewolves exist but they are not interested in proving their existance to the world, or looking for any type of fame, just revenge. This would be the kind of person who had a love or family member die at the hands of a werewolf and makes revenge their purpose of being a werewolf hunter.

There has also been mentionings of "religious nuts."
They would be like the right wing extremist democrat and werewolf would be the republican.
... :?
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

They would be like the LEFT wing extremist democrat and werewolf would be the republican.
... :?[/quote]

look at the stanpoint of an gun owner.

me im a gun owner and im a republican..............now from what ive read in the nra catalogs most of the LEFT wing extremeists democrats want to eraidcate the second amendment and take away the right to gun ownership........................werewolves are the "guns" and werewolf hunters are the "extremeists".
Last edited by White Paw on Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

gladius wrote:
They would be like the right wing extremist democrat and werewolf would be the republican.

me im a gun owner and im a republican..............now from what ive read in the nra catalogs most of the right wing extremeists democrats want to eraidcate the second amendment and take away the right to gun ownership........................werewolves are the "guns" and werewolf hunters are the "extremeists".[/quote]

:lol: It changes the whole point of view when you mention owning guns doesnt it?
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

gladius wrote:

me im a gun owner and im a republican..............now from what ive read in the nra catalogs most of the right wing extremeists democrats want to eraidcate the second amendment and take away the right to gun ownership........................werewolves are the "guns" and werewolf hunters are the "extremeists".
With that type of logic I could say the werewolves represent the right to gay marriage, right to burn flags, or right to abortion and say the werewolf hunters are the fanatic Right Wing Republican trying to take away those rights.

I fail to see how politics belonged in the way you put them. (Not saying werewolves and politics don't belong, in fact, I love speculating with both in mind.)

And, I was actually more confused on the reference to a "Right-Wing Extremist Democrat." There's no such thing. The term "right-wing" refers to people with a more conservative outlook. Democrats are the left-wing.
Cavman
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf of Quinault

Post by Cavman »

gladius wrote:They would be like the right wing extremist democrat and werewolf would be the republican.
Hmmmm, I was under the asumption thet Republicans were rightwing/relgious/conservative, while Demicrats were leftwing/pacifists/liberals. Both sides are extreme, but I don't wanna venture to deep into polotics.
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

outwarddoodles wrote:I believe awhile ago this topic had already been discussed and I remember mentionings of three different types of werewolf hunters.

1) Wannabe Vampire Slayer (Teens who watched a bit too much TV in their spare time.).
2) Paranormal geeks intent on proving the existance of werewolves. Not essentially by killing the werewolf, but by video taping, capturing, or other means they have that would drive people wondering (think about BigFoot hunters.).
3) Someone with a personal grudge. They know werewolves exist but they are not interested in proving their existance to the world, or looking for any type of fame, just revenge. This would be the kind of person who had a love or family member die at the hands of a werewolf and makes revenge their purpose of being a werewolf hunter.

There has also been mentionings of "religious nuts."
http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... 27&start=0
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Democrats and Republicans both suck equally though :D :wink:
Go Green Party!
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

I love when topics drift! :D

And thanks for the link, Lycanthrope.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

howsabout we step clear of politics, eh?
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Werewolf hunters......

Depends who are they and why they want to chase after lycanthropes.

Hippies and Wannabes- These people are aware of their existence and want to find a werewolf and be bitten by them. So obviously to become one of them. I guess they just have an extreme obsession with Lycanthropes for one reason or another. Or they just want to be closer to nature and strip naked and live as a full fledged wolf.

Religious Zealots- These people will do anything that they believe in there own twisted way is their god(s) work. They will hunt and kill werewolves despite if the werewolf is in total control and has never killed a human soul. They will kill them because they will just think that they are demons doing the devil's work.

Big Game Hunters- These people hunt lycanthropes for pure sport, instead of going after lions, tigers, Rhinos, ETC. They go after the most dangerous predators on the planet, And put there pelts on the floors of their house and wear their fangs.

The Punisher- Like Frank Castle in Marvel's Punisher, these guys gets their revenge for their murdered loved ones by killing the group associated with the killers, but in their case it's werewolves not the mob.

Posers- These guys watch too much Buffy and seen Van helsing WAY too many times. They just want to feel like bad asses by killing Mythological creatures.

And for weapons, I bet they pay for alot of silver and mold them into silver bullets, and that's all i got there. :|
Last edited by Anubis on Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
shsu_bound_girl125
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by shsu_bound_girl125 »

lol. How can there be Wereolf Hunters if there are no werewolves?? No affense meant if you believe they are real

If they were real i think they would be like just normal person who was tramatized by a werewolf from a bad situation, like one of their family members died at the ahnds of one or something. And they plan to seek revenge and hunt all the werewolves down and kill them. But that's only if they were real :D
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

shsu_bound_girl125 wrote:lol. How can there be Wereolf Hunters if there are no werewolves?? No affense meant if you believe they are real
Yes, this is a hypothetical case.

But then again, a lot of people don't believe bigfoot, ghosts, or the lockness monster exist, and yet there are people out there trying to hunt them down.
:wink:
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ARMY Wolf

Post by strykeriuswolf »

Good point....there are people that want to kill bigfoot....or the lackness monster....
I dun care what people say about us furries, I'm darn proud to be one and have always been proud. POWER TO THE FURRIES
ELÄIN
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Dominant/Submissive Female

Post by ELÄIN »

There is always going to be someone who believes there's werewolfs, ghost bigfoot etc.. Even if others don't beleive so .... werewolf hunter.. would be possible...Nrmal there is one person in the world searching for proof or an answer :wink:
“Tears are due to human misery, and human sufferings touch the mind.”
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

strykeriuswolf wrote:Good point....there are people that want to kill bigfoot....or the lackness monster....
No, most Monster nuts like that aren't out to necessarily kill what they're looking for, but find proof of, or capture, their subject.
Kwipper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werebear Extroidnare
Mood: Happy

Post by Kwipper »

Please. Lets not insert mindless politics into this discussion. Thank you.

Oh.. and on an added note. I just want to say this...

REGARDLESS OF WHAT SIDE YOU ARE ON... ALL POLITICS SUCK! ALL OF IT EQUALLY!
ELÄIN
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Dominant/Submissive Female

Post by ELÄIN »

lol *nods in agreement*
“Tears are due to human misery, and human sufferings touch the mind.”
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Silverclaw wrote:Democrats and Republicans both suck equally though :D :wink:
Go Green Party!
Heh Agreed SilverClaw..No one is right so there is always something..Eh..To many world views..sucks..How about this sappose Area 51 we always hear about :lol:
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Kwipper wrote:
Please. Lets not insert mindless politics into this discussion. Thank you.

Oh.. and on an added note. I just want to say this...

REGARDLESS OF WHAT SIDE YOU ARE ON... ALL POLITICS SUCK! ALL OF IT EQUALLY!
Politics are about what's happening in your country, and in our world. The people running your country, the people trying to protect you, and the people who only want what's best for the world are all occupied with politics.

You might not be interested in politics, but they're important. And I think the only way for people to better themselves in this world is to be well aware of what's going on around them.

I fear that sometimes the fault of a country is because people are too hedonistic, and they plainly don't care enough. I really don't want to see anyone bashing politics right now.

Anyhow.....weren't we talking about something werewolf related?
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Anubis wrote:Werewolf hunters......

Depends who are they and why they want to chase after lycanthropes.

Hippies and Wannabes- These people are aware of their existence and want to find a werewolf and be bitten by them. So obviously to become one of them. I guess they just have an extreme obsession with Lycanthropes for one reason or another. Or they just want to be closer to nature and strip naked and live as a full fledged wolf.

Religious Zealots- These people will do anything that they believe in there own twisted way is their god(s) work. They will hunt and kill werewolves despite if the werewolf is in total control and has never killed a human soul. They will kill them because they will just think that they are demons doing the devil's work.

Big Game Hunters- These people hunt lycanthropes for pure sport, instead of going after lions, tigers, Rhinos, ETC. They go after the most dangerous predators on the planet, And put there pelts on the floors of their house and wear their fangs.

The Punisher- Like Frank Castle in Marvel's Punisher, these guys gets their revenge for their murdered loved ones by killing the group associated with the killers, but in their case it's werewolves not the mob.

Posers- These guys watch too much Buffy and seen Van helsing WAY too many times. They just want to feel like bad asses by killing Mythological creatures.

And for weapons, I bet they pay for alot of silver and mold them into silver bullets, and that's all i got there. :|
I doubt hippies want to be a werewolf but yeah, I agree with most of your stuff
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Hell-Oh!

Post by RedEye »

If Werewolves existed, and there were Werewolf Hunters (outside of the Paparizzi and the Autograph types) who really wanted a piece of Werewolf "Tail" to hang up as a trophy...
Werewolves are Human based. They are arisen from Humans (like the motion picture Freeborn).
Killing a Werewolf would be Capital Murder. And, properly prosecuted
as such. Psycho "Elmer Fudds" would be just as likely to get "Put to sleep" as Serial Killers. :x
Werewolves could Vote (Now that would be interesting for a registrar...) :P
They could hold Public Office. Serve in the Military (That is one chilling thought...) :D
They'd be citizens, just like you and I are. Woof. :wink:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
FoxOfWar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Fiery Foxish TFmage Extraordinaire
Location: Finland. Most probably lurking behing that rock. *points*

Re: Hell-Oh!

Post by FoxOfWar »

Btw, If you're wondering about FoxOfWar, think about Real-Time Strategy Games and certain aspect profilic in all of them... lurking about in the shadows, kind of like me...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I don't know how leftwing and rightwing politics got into this, but somehow I seriously doubt the werewolves would be conservative republicans and the hunters leftwing extremists.

If anything, lycanthropy would be better treated as an ethnic issue, so it'd be more realistic for werewolves to have a loosely progressive standpoint while werewolf hunters would be mostly far-right. The Republican party is, and has been for some time, opposed to minority rights, gun control, and the separation of curch and state, so if the typical werewolf hunter is a gun-toting religious nutjob, calling werewolf hunters the liberal end is just retarded.

That's not to say that werewolves could not be conservative, but I imagine you'd be hard-pressed to find a werewolf that agrees with all of the Republican standpoints. I figure somebody that constantly has to worry about being shot at wouldn't as greatly cherish their right to bear arms, or that someone unjustly labeled a demon or a devil worshipper, no matter how religious they are in their personal lives, would not like the idea of an exclusively Christian government.

The paranormal geeks Outward mentioned could potentially be an equally progressive/conservative group since they are not specified as having any agenda for or against werewolves, but apart from that group, I think most werewolves and werewolf hunters would support the political party that works best to their own interests.