The place for anything at all...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

If Werewolves Become Popular

Post by MoonKit »

Now, dont get me wrong, I would love for people to start seeing werewolves in a new light. In a half form, non cursed, mean but nice light. But whats going to happen when other people pick up on this new "werewolves are cool trend" ? They're going to get played out. God, I hope they never reach the status that vampires are at. That would suck. Vampires have been worn down so badly that now they just suck. Theyre like a giant joke now.

And I dont think Id like it if all of a sudden werewolves were cool. Bunch of posers. *sigh* I dont know. Does anyone feel the same?
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

very much so *raises paw*

people dont think werewolves are cool like vampires are.....They think weres are a bunch of bloodthirsty bunch of dogs....They prefer vamps. because of the mistique behind it...the thought of everlasting ''life''. the sexuality of caressing a womans neck in a lustfull manner before being bitten. The fact that vamps. are seen to be more civilized than weres.(i.e. vamps dont go running around and barking and howelling at the moon)....

thats just my opinion..... :? :D
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: On the scotch tape of reality, third door to the left.

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

I certainly hope that werewolves do not reach the extreme popularity that vampires have obtained in the culture/subculture. It’s annoying enough as it is with individuals acting "vamp-ish" just so they can fit in with a particular crowd. So much so, that the actual essence of vampires has been severely diluted... now they are nothing but a joke.

I certainly do not want that to happen to werewolves.
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

They're never going get Werewolves fashionable, not in the same way Vamps are. I see it this way, You can dress vampish and your trendy in a goth kind of way. What sort of reaction are you going to get if you dress as a wolf/werewolf and walk down the street? I know in my town they would deal me a RIGHT ROYAL KICKING if I was to do that. I think at the end of the day, Werewolves go through cycles(excuse the pun) of popularity every 10 years or so and all that results is a deluge of movies, Some awful but some good. If there's a few good ones amongst them then we all benefit :howl:  :oo

:wolfsheepclothing:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

I just hope that people wont start wearing dog collars and sleeping with animals and thinking that it has to do with werewolves. They can screw up the werewolfs essence like they did to the vampire. :(
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

The christians have been wearing dog collars for YEARS!!! hwlwnk :lol: hwlwnk
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

lupine wrote:The christians have been wearing dog collars for YEARS!!! hwlwnk :lol: hwlwnk
Um...I seriously don't understand the whole christains wearing dog collars thing, since not every christain is the same.

Anyways, you need to watch what you say.

I mean, you could end up offending someone.
Last edited by Anook on Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Hollywood tends to prefer vampires for two reasons.

1) Their easier on the makeup artists.

2) Blade.

A lot of vampire movies do suck, but that's because their mostly wannabe action/horror flicks trying to recreate the success of one or two movies. Hollywood prefers them because they are more human, but the only reason there are more vampire movies than werewolf movies is because a vampire movie has worked in the last ten years.

I seriously doubt werewolves will become the next action/horror trend, or at least it won't because of Freeborn. It and the next potential werewolf trendsetter, Blood & Chocolate, are both more or less werewolf dramas than action films or horrors, so if either one of the two movies is successful, we may see a handful of movies with werewolf protagonists, or at least werewolves depicted in a more human nature (and if both films are successful, we definitely will see a handful). One of those might be an action flick, like a live action Werewolf By Night, for example. That will be the movie that starts the crapfests.
Last edited by Terastas on Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

No offence meant, :innocent:

Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

Ok. :D

:thumbsup:
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Cavman
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf of Quinault

Post by Cavman »

Now, if werewolves become popular in this style,I might become a little less weird. Though I kinda like my "weird" title. But this may also mean oither people willget into it. Now, I'm talking about soe people where I live that purposly try not to fit in and have conflicts. these are the kinda people who act....ummmm, i wanna say Goth, but thats not quite it... anyways, they act it, but arn't. you could call them posers. But, anywas, if when freeborn comes out and werewolves become popular and seen as that, then these people willhop on the band wagon, and probably get the deformed version of the wagon to. I will get annoyed, and very fast.

Just my two cents/my scenario.
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

All iWould say to you on that Cavman is, if it happens, sit tight and grit your teeth. The posers will soon get bored and flit off onto the next plastic fad that they think will make them stand out.

MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I don't know if werewolves will ever become popular, if nothing else than they're been lumped into the whole "Is this a furry movie" trend. Now before anyone gets super-upset, let me tell you a story.

When I got my first animation job working for Ted turner, it was on..dah-dah-dah! A WOLF MOVIE. That's right! It was "Yellowstone Wolves" and it was supposed to be "The Bambi for the 90's" I had a lot of fun working on it.

However...

In a meeting where we were presenting new artwork to the executives, someone brought up a new artist who'd been hired. Someone who's personal art was a little on the "furry" side. basically he drew really sexy animal characters. Really well! But I digress...

An executive commented, jokingly, this fellow might be a furry. "What's a furry?" another exec asked. The first exec replied, "Oh, furries are these despicable fat 50-year olds who like animals so much they dress up as them, and go to conventions to have sex with each other, and they molest children, and they go out into the countryside and have sex with animals."

That's what he said. Right after, another exec said "I don't want this to be a furry movie"

Later that year, the movie was shelved. We were laid off. Now I know this had nothing to do with that meeting, but ever since then, when I mention to someone in the industry thatI'm making an animated werewolf film, and I show the art I've done, that person viewing it will sometimes comment "Oh. This a furry movie?"

That really pisses me off. Because it means my story isn't being judged on the merits of the story, or of it's characters. And the whole werewolf sub-genre outside of animation may be viewed in a similar manner. I dunno. Even though Vampires, from what I'm told, have a sub-groups of fans who are into the whole sex-vampirism thing..

Just a theory guys :}
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

Yeah, I understand what your saying, but the Whole furry thing, (in my opinion) is more pointed towards the more anime/cartoonish sort of werewolf(no offence meant) and I can understand someone uneducated(for want of a better expression) being ignorant enough to get thier wires crossed enough to make that kind of mistake. Live action films are less likelyto suffer from this same ignorance as those same people view live action werewolf films as Gore/horror fests.

this is just my opinion.

White Paw

Post by White Paw »

:bubblegum:
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

white paw wrote::bubblegum:
:cyborg3:
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

Quit Blowin bubbles. Your making me nervous :bubblepop:

White Paw

Post by White Paw »

:gangster:
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

:superwolf:
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

:headbanger:

White Paw

Post by White Paw »

*psst* s l a y e r
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

:wings: :evillaugh:

And with that I bid you all farewell. Catch ya'll in a week or so. :wolfsheepclothing:

Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Cavman wrote: some people where I live that purposly try not to fit in and have conflicts. these are the kinda people who act....ummmm, i wanna say Goth, but thats not quite it...
These people are called Emo, they cut themselves because they want attention.

And Matt, people who are ignorant about furries pisses me off too, 99 percent are people who like cosplay, the remaining 1 percent, therein lies the perverts.
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Fang wrote:
Cavman wrote: some people where I live that purposly try not to fit in and have conflicts. these are the kinda people who act....ummmm, i wanna say Goth, but thats not quite it...

And Matt, people who are ignorant about furries pisses me off too, 99 percent are people who like cosplay, the remaining 1 percent, therein lies the perverts.

what do you mean they cut themselves ............. do for real CUT themselves with a knife or razor.........why ........ what the helll are they thinking.. :?
Cavman
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf of Quinault

Post by Cavman »

Fang wrote:
No, I know what Emo is, they're not that. I can't find the right word. They look Goth, but Its obvious(at least to me) they arn't. Dang, still can't find the right word. Poser Goth?